Highlights v Dundee

JAYEL

Delighted with the win of course.

Hard to say I wouldn't have been raging if that pen was given against us though.

CostaJambo

That's 4 late points we have picked up recently through Shanks physicality against a defender, brilliant stuff and a good attribute not all forwards have in their locker.

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Hard to say I wouldn't have been raging if that pen was given against us though.

Correct interpretation of current rules. Rules are daft though. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

That's 4 late points we have picked up recently through Shanks physicality against a defender, brilliant stuff and a good attribute not all forwards have in their locker.

He outmuscles a lot of defenders. The early season kebab diet has done the trick. 😎

HeartsandonlyHearts

Was taken by surprise by how fast Fraser is. The third goal he takes off to try and give Vargas an option on the overlap. Great hustle.

feedthefox

I thought the guy doing the commentary in the Hearts highlights (Sportscene) was very good, seems to call it perfectly as in only talks up the bits which are genuinely worthy and has an entertaining manner he should get more and better gigs.

HeartsandonlyHearts

Can we please put to bed the thoughts that Sibbick can be a last line of defense.

The second goal he’s a yard away from the scorer when he receives the ball.

One fake move and Sibbick has his back to the scorer and is 4/5 yards away from him.

Absolutely horrendous defending.

2 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Can we please put to bed the thoughts that Sibbick can be a last line of defense.

One fake move and Sibbick has his back to the scorer and is 4/5 yards away from him.

It’s such  shame as I really like the guy and he has some strong attributes.   However,   was at fault for both goals and a CD just can’t back off or allow himself to be yards away from the attacker there….took the goal well but had full sight of goal and Zander had very little protection.  A good centre half would be a foot or two away blocking the space.   It was very very poor.  

hereford_hearts
9 hours ago, db211833 said:

I remember watching a Derby in the 80's. Hearts player volleyed the ball straight at a hibs players face. Obviously he put his hands to his face to protect them. We got the pen, but it should never have been. Nothing changes. 

fabienleclerq
3 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Think he loses the boy for the free header near the end too, luckily he missed.

Just not got the anticipation etc to play CH. Think RB is possibly his best position but I think he's just missing something as a footballer.

1 hour ago, Gmcjambo said:

It’s such  shame as I really like the guy and he has some strong attributes.   However,   was at fault for both goals and a CD just can’t back off or allow himself to be yards away from the attacker there….took the goal well but had full sight of goal and Zander had very little protection.  A good centre half would be a foot or two away blocking the space.   It was very very poor.  

How was he at fault for the first goal? 

Rudiscoresagain
1 hour ago, hereford_hearts said:

I remember watching a Derby in the 80's. Hearts player volleyed the ball straight at a hibs players face. Obviously he put his hands to his face to protect them. We got the pen, but it should never have been. Nothing changes. 

By deliberately stopping the ball from hitting his face, he deliberately played the ball with his hands and therefore a direct free kick offence. 

No Idle Talk

I didn't get to see the game on Saturday and have just sat and watched the full game on replay.

What a game! Both teams really going for it. Good to watch.

I thought we were really good for the first twenty five minutes. Most of the game was being played in Dundee's half and we were getting ourselves into good areas. Their first goal came against the run of play. We dipped a bit for ten minutes after losing that goal but then we got back into our stride again.

I can only reiterate what I have been saying for the last few weeks. It's so good to see a Hearts team go away from home and react positively to conceding a goal or falling behind. For so long that has not been the case. The resilience and the refusal to accept defeat that this team is showing is really heartening to see. 

Alan Forrest and Lawrence Shankland were the top men for me. Both had really good games.

Not so good were Oda, Grant, and Lembikisa. Lembikisa has some serious red flags defensively. There were a few times he got caught up the park and wasn't exactly breaking his neck to get back into position or catch up with the play. Which was a bit annoying to see. Attacking wise he is quite good though. Always looking to take men on and put crosses into the box.

As for Dundee, they look a decent side. Owen Beck looks a good player and they have a couple of tidy midfielders as well in Luke McCowan and Lyall Cameron. I hope McCowan is on our radar. I would be happy if we signed him. 

All in all a great result and a good game of football to watch. Happy days.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
11 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Correct interpretation of current rules. Rules are daft though. 

I can’t remember a time when a direct shot at goal has been stopped by a hand and a penalty wasn’t given. 

…or have I slipped into another dimension? 😵‍💫

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I can’t remember a time when a direct shot at goal has been stopped by a hand and a penalty wasn’t given. 

…or have I slipped into another dimension? 😵‍💫

There used the to be 'ball played the man' decision to be made. 

1 hour ago, campbell said:

Think I’m losing it mate!   He wasn’t,  it was just the backing off, and giving too

much space for the 2nd.   

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

There used the to be 'ball played the man' decision to be made. 

True. But his hand came up and it stopped a shot 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
2 hours ago, campbell said:

I like Toby but he doesn’t have the CB experience/smarts to show Crawford onto his left peg. He wasn’t close enough and he allowed him to stroll inside with a clear shot.

Toby is a very good footballer who needs to play further forward where his errors are not so critical

…IMO

Section Q
5 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I like Toby but he doesn’t have the CB experience/smarts to show Crawford onto his left peg. He wasn’t close enough and he allowed him to stroll inside with a clear shot.

Toby is a very good footballer who needs to play further forward where his errors are not so critical

…IMO

His goal in the derby would suggest this. Great run and clinical finish...

...andFulton'sBaggio
18 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Was taken by surprise by how fast Fraser is. The third goal he takes off to try and give Vargas an option on the overlap. Great hustle.

This. Great to see him following up on the keeper in case there's a rebound too. Looks hungry

TexasAndy
21 hours ago, db211833 said:

Very soft pen but will take it especially thinking back to stonewallers not given v Motherwell and Ross County.

23 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

Have they put the wrong date at the start of that video, or did we beat them again on Sunday as well??  😉

Gorgiewave
On 05/02/2024 at 10:24, maroonsgotop said:

I'd have preferred it if they'd got the right date.

maroonsgotop
18 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

I'd have preferred it if they'd got the right date.

yup we won 3-2 on 03/02 😄

12 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

…IMO

That’s the second goal you are talking about the post I was responding to said he was at fault for both goals when he wasn’t at all