The race to the bottom six

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Killie and St Mirren have opened up a gap, and on yesterday's evidence there's no guarantee Aberdeen or Hibs can easily shift Dundee for sixth. Meanwhile St Johnstone and Motherwell are gaining fast, Agent Levein is one win from overtaking Hibs, and Aberdeen if they lose their game in hand. This is shaping up to be the most entertaining bottom six in years.

For Hearts fans.

Mad Bad and Dangerous
22 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Killie and St Mirren have opened up a gap, and on yesterday's evidence there's no guarantee Aberdeen or Hibs can easily shift Dundee for sixth. Meanwhile St Johnstone and Motherwell are gaining fast, Agent Levein is one win from overtaking Hibs, and Aberdeen if they lose their game in hand. This is shaping up to be the most entertaining bottom six in years.

For Hearts fans.

Popcorn at the relay.....😆😆 FTH

Pete Elliott

Dundee are the best other team I’ve seen this season. Think they’ll definitely finish top six. Think Killie might fall away and be replaced by Aberdeen. 

vegas-voss

Hibs fans have gone in one game from thinking with the new magnificent 7 they signed they could get 4th maybe even 3rd to absolutely dreading County will catch them 🤣

vegas-voss
Just now, Pete Elliott said:

Dundee are the best other team I’ve seen this season. Think they’ll definitely finish top six. Think Killie might fall away and be replaced by Aberdeen. 

Don't think Killie will fall away signed a couple of decent proven SPFL in the window and are always defensively strong.Aberdeen have a good squad though so if they get someone in semi competent they should compete for top 6.Hibs 🤣

ToadKiller Dog

Dundee and killie both have good attacking options and good experienced managers .

St midden are a capable side .

Still think sheep could finish top six .

Hibs I can't see monty zoomer change it they could end up in the fight to avoid the playoff , Levein will grind out enough points to finish top 10 , Motherwell seem to be a through there bad stretch. 

Ross county might just save hibs from a couple of  games against Raith rovers 

Pete Elliott
12 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Don't think Killie will fall away signed a couple of decent proven SPFL in the window and are always defensively strong.Aberdeen have a good squad though so if they get someone in semi competent they should compete for top 6.Hibs 🤣

Think people are over-egging the KVV signing. He’s barely kicked a ball in months. Killie also seem to have hit a bit of a slump but who knows, anything could happen. *

*Apart from Hibs finishing top six obviously.

vegas-voss
4 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Think people are over-egging the KVV signing. He’s barely kicked a ball in months. Killie also seem to have hit a bit of a slump but who knows, anything could happen. *

*Apart from Hibs finishing top six obviously.

I don't think they will get any closer to us but they won't slip out the top 6.Dundee have been good against us playing decent football but have not been in great point scoring form either same with St. Mirren.Those 3 along with Aberdeen will be anywhere between 4th and 7th.I can see Hibs dropping to 10th

Dundee & Killie should get top 6, they’ve both got some very good players and streetwise managers. I think Aberdeen will sneak in mainly thanks to Miovski. Bottom 2 will stay the same, Adams doesn’t exactly inspire confidence with the amount of pish he slavers and I think Martindale/Livi chucked in the towel from game 1

Gundermann

Livi, Ross and Hibs the worst team on current form.

I think Ross would probably do Hibs though on a head to head. They're crap but do have some fight about them. Hibs are just a collection of strangers who'll be moving on again in 3 months.

28 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Hibs fans have gone in one game from thinking with the new magnificent 7 they signed they could get 4th maybe even 3rd to absolutely dreading County will catch them 🤣

Here’s an interesting question… if and I think it’s unlikely Hibs (as County are dreadful) were to go into a play off would all these loan players be available or will the loan deals have ended as of the last league game of the season?

avhudtheteeshirt
5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Here’s an interesting question… if and I think it’s unlikely Hibs (as County are dreadful) were to go into a play off would all these loan players be available or will the loan deals have ended as of the last league game of the season?

The amount of players they have on their books, they should just about manage a team if they leave.

But, what kind of team is up for debate!!!

FarmerTweedy
9 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Normally, I'd say that any loan deals will be worded in such a way that they either run to a set date that's beyond the date of the borrowing club's last possible competitive fixture, or to the club's last competitive fixture of the season in all official competitions run by their League or FA. In the case of the weeteam though, anything is possible.  

FarmerTweedy
14 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

I think Ross would probably do Hibs though on a head to head. They're crap but do have some fight about them. Hibs are just a collection of strangers who'll be moving on again in 3 months.

I hope so, they've still to play each other three times this season! 

hughesie27
1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

For Hearts fans.

No evidence Aberdeen can't pip Dundee? They drew with Celtic!

tartofmidlothian
3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Not no evidence they can't do it - there's no evidence Dundee will be easy to shift. They only drew with them too.

King prawn

The only thing saving Hibs from doing another Butcher free fall and ending up in the playoff spot is that Ross County and Livi are worse. 

jambo-in-furness
8 minutes ago, King prawn said:

The only thing saving Hibs from doing another Butcher free fall and ending up in the playoff spot is that Ross County and Livi are worse. 

I would argue the Ross County’s form against Hibs and Livi cannot carry on being as bad can they?

Aberdeen appear to have stopped the rot a bit with their temporary manager steadying the ship . They have some good players in there and any half decent manager will probably steer them to safety just by not doing anything stupid and just setting them up properly

Hibs on the other hand are a complete and utter shambles . Want away owners , and a 25 % shareholder who wants to use them as a feeder club and reserve team . Their manager is an absolute Dinosaur and completely lacking any character or gravitas . He is a boring dullard with very limited coaching ability . Their recruitment is a mixture of having players foisted on them because that is what should benefit Bournemouth further down the line and Monty throwing darts at a wall chart . There is no plan or strategy to building their team . The are playing two inexperienced kids at centre back and praying for Rocky ****ing Bushiri to come back . The team is now just a development squad for Bournemouth and the number of personnel is burgeoning . Cliques and bitterness will be forming in the dressing room and the manager is powerless to do anything about it because he is just told what to do and say . He has no power whatsoever . They would be as well replacing him with a cardboard cut out , and that would at least have more personality . Their owners just want out now it is obvious , so I can not see anything changing . They will remain a basket case and there is every chance that could see them finish eleventh . The fans are a mixture of apathetic and seething and neither state is beneficial to a struggling team and manager . Half empty stands with only the angriest supporters still bothering to turn up to vent their fury 

It is absolutely delightful , and all the time the backing track is some scruffy looking dimwit wittering on about splitting the old firm on his podcast and a rousing chorus of BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am absolutely loving every second of it 

BervieJambo

Killie & St Midden have enough dig about them that they should grind out results to make the top 6.

I’m impressed by Dundee - they play good football and have a decent manager, however, they are inexperienced and their naivety may cost them.

The sheep should be good enough (on paper) to challenge us. Miovski is one of the best players in the league. But they only seem to get results against the better teams and bottle it against the rest… there’s strong similarities to them now and us in 2020. They could get it together and make the top 6 or just as easily end up in the playoffs. Hope it’s the latter.

Hibs - let’s just laugh at them… but they have brought in players in the positions they were weakest in. I think they might gel given a few games, so I wouldn’t discount them from a 4th derby yet.

The rest are just trying to rack up enough points to survive. Livi won’t. Ross County have a shoogly peg. Well & St.J should have enough to get by.

Gorgierools
8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Aberdeen appear to have stopped the rot a bit with their temporary manager steadying the ship . They have some good players in there and any half decent manager will probably steer them to safety just by not doing anything stupid and just setting them up properly

Hibs on the other hand are a complete and utter shambles . Want away owners , and a 25 % shareholder who wants to use them as a feeder club and reserve team . Their manager is an absolute Dinosaur and completely lacking any character or gravitas . He is a boring dullard with very limited coaching ability . Their recruitment is a mixture of having players foisted on them because that is what should benefit Bournemouth further down the line and Monty throwing darts at a wall chart . There is no plan or strategy to building their team . The are playing two inexperienced kids at centre back and praying for Rocky ****ing Bushiri to come back . The team is now just a development squad for Bournemouth and the number of personnel is burgeoning . Cliques and bitterness will be forming in the dressing room and the manager is powerless to do anything about it because he is just told what to do and say . He has no power whatsoever . They would be as well replacing him with a cardboard cut out , and that would at least have more personality . Their owners just want out now it is obvious , so I can not see anything changing . They will remain a basket case and there is every chance that could see them finish eleventh . The fans are a mixture of apathetic and seething and neither state is beneficial to a struggling team and manager . Half empty stands with only the angriest supporters still bothering to turn up to vent their fury 

It is absolutely delightful , and all the time the backing track is some scruffy looking dimwit wittering on about splitting the old firm on his podcast and a rousing chorus of BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Cheers for that Sooks. Got a belting hangover from too much beer,wine football and rugby yesterday. You've just made me feel a lot better😁😁😁

AC Mallin_51

Surely can’t be right? Some Hibs and Aberdeen fans were saying we’d be in the bottom 6? You’re telling me we’re not in the race for bottom 6 and they are?!

JimmyCant

Aberdeen should have been hammered by half time yesterday, but to be fair they showed a bit in the second half. Possibly top six but one of Killie Dundee or St Mirren will need to slump. Dundee are the best team in the league outwith the OF and ourselves and Killie have a manager who knows what he’s doing. St Mirren bottom 6 maybe ?

Hibs are too little too late. St Johnstone have revived a bit. Motherwell in a false position IMO. RC and Livi stuck where they are IMO

8 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Cheers for that Sooks. Got a belting hangover from too much beer,wine football and rugby yesterday. You've just made me feel a lot better😁😁😁

No worries mate . All totally true as well . Most of their fans now realise it as well and are livid with the mismanagement of the football side of things . This is the biggest mess I have seen them in since Duff and Gray and just like them there does not appear to be anyone in senior management of the club who has the motivation or inclination to do anything to improve things . Nobody at their club gives a **** . This McDermott character that is overseeing recruitment was surprised to be offered the job as he himself did not think he was up to it . When key positions like Director of Football and First Team Coach start to be filled with puppets and yes men , then the alarm bells should be ringing loud and clear . They are absolutely ****ed imo 

Victorian

Very little between Dundee,  Kilmarnock and St.Mirren imo.  With all of them being well ahead of Hibs.  Aberdeen's one decent game proves nothing yet.  Teams can get a temporary bounce from a different manager and then recede.  But my money would be on them to make up the top 6.  Hibs have no chance whatsoever and better hope that Ross County don't have a decent run.  Chances are that they'll be ok but by no means certain.

ScandinavianJambo
54 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

They also just got rid of their manager (again). The Circus up there is in full swing and if the players do not take responsibility they might just spiral...

vegas-voss

Seeing as Hibs fans like talking about point swings only takes a couple of hard fought ground out wins and County are right up their arse and then you have that momentum swing 🤣

County have three away games on the bounce next. Motherwell, Rangers and Dundee. St Johnstone have us in Perth  then Dundee away and home to Rangers.  I don’t think any of those two will be climbing the table soon. 

Edited by GinRummy

Gorgie_Rules

Hibs next four is Celtic (H), Aberdeen (A), Dundee (H), Hearts (A)

They are more likely to be looking over their shoulder than at the top 6 with a double header against Ross County after those games.

35 minutes ago, Sooks said:

:sweeet:

An absolutely cracking post.

indianajones
55 minutes ago, Sooks said:

american-psycho-patrick-bateman.gif

2 hours ago, Pete Elliott said:

I think Killie are quite a hardy team.  We’re only 9,10 games away from the split and there’s real pressure on the Sheep and Hibs to gain momentum and still hope others above start faltering.  A lot to ask.  

Edited by Debut 4

Jim_Duncan

Another first for the Lochend Cockends: First team in world football to regret giving Lee Johnson his jotters. 

John Findlay

If and personally I don't think it is a big if, Hibs lose midweek to Celtic, and more importantly lose to ICT in the cup next Saturday, then Nick Montgomery will get his jotters.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
3 hours ago, Sooks said:

No worries mate . All totally true as well . Most of their fans now realise it as well and are livid with the mismanagement of the football side of things . This is the biggest mess I have seen them in since Duff and Gray and just like them there does not appear to be anyone in senior management of the club who has the motivation or inclination to do anything to improve things . Nobody at their club gives a **** . This McDermott character that is overseeing recruitment was surprised to be offered the job as he himself did not think he was up to it . When key positions like Director of Football and First Team Coach start to be filled with puppets and yes men , then the alarm bells should be ringing loud and clear . They are absolutely ****ed imo 

Nah, no chance - their fans will rally round, get together some sort of foundation to save their club and pump millio…..or maybe not.:hibsfud:

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
3 hours ago, EH11 2NL said:

Genuinely class if Levein over takes Hibs. 

:leveinnaturalorder:

5 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Aberdeen 8th . Hibs 11th.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Just had a quick google search to find that between Monty, WeeLee and Maloney those 3 have managed about 90 games between them, with an average win rate of about 33%.

Before that Jack Ross managed about 100 games with nearly a 50% win rate

They’ve made Jack Ross look like Pep in comparison!

Aberdeen got a good point yesterday, I'd expect that to lift them over their next few games and see a little bit of momentum get behind them. 

Hibs... christ on a bike. 0-3 at half time at home.. hard to see how they come back from that. Genuinely thought that Montgomery would be a solid option for them - I kind of assumed that they'd be the main challengers for 3rd with Aberdeen distracted in Europe and the likelihood that us, Aberdeen and Hibs would all cut each others throat in trying to get the Conference prize money so there is no real winner and no real opportunity to build anything. 

Wouldn't surprise me if Montgomery ends up getting the bullet for a Bournemouth appointee. I think then we'll see the more nefarious side of joint ownership and competing interests come to the fore. Alan Connell is their u21s manager, I wonder if the next step would be to appoint a manager most familiar with the players they are likely to loan in? Interestingly, Scott Parker has apparently rejected Aberdeen because of a perceived lack of time given to managers. Hibs very much heading for this too if they do sack him. May have to just stick him out until a reasonable enough time has passed to justify getting rid :lol: 

Be interesting to see if Hibs can rally or if they'll continue to drop. That was a bad loss (with respect to St Mirren), shipping 3 isn't good. 

5 hours ago, EH11 2NL said:

Genuinely class if Levein over takes Hibs. 

He’ll be giving it his best shot that’s for sure! Already beaten them up there.

HeartsandonlyHearts

I said yesterday that #!bs fans right now would bite your hand off for guaranteed 10th.

They’re $#!tting themselves.

PortyBeach
6 hours ago, Sooks said:

A withering critique which paints an interesting doom-laden scenario looming for the Hobos. 
If it all comes to pass, it looks like they’ll be in deep doo-doo down EH7 way…😊

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Pete Elliott said:

Can't see Killie falling away that much that they don't make the top 6, they're probably only 2 wins, maybe 3  away from it already tbh.

Aberdeen should pick up, they have good players.

Hibs are in danger of a Terrance Butcher esq collapse. 

Would love Ross county to win a couple of games,  hibs arse could collapse.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Yip, beautifully Iaid out.

RustyRightPeg
On 04/02/2024 at 09:50, Pete Elliott said:

Strange narrative about Dundee though. Apparently they've recruited extremely well (27 players in their squad), Tony Doc doing a great job, but they've only won 2 out of their last 11 games...

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Strange narrative about Dundee though. Apparently they've recruited extremely well (27 players in their squad), Tony Doc doing a great job, but they've only won 2 out of their last 11 games...

I think they’ve improved since the break with the addition of the 3/4 Burnley boys.  

in beck, Cameron, Mccowan they have some very decent players . 

Will finish top 6 easily

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think they’ve improved since the break with the addition of the 3/4 Burnley boys.  

in beck, Cameron, Mccowan they have some very decent players . 

Will finish top 6 easily

More down to how poor the rest of the league is though. Most other years his job would be being questioned just now going through this run of form. 

His squads bloated, might not know his best 11 etc. etc.

Add to that, they've blown 2 leads against us in just over a week. 

Isn't as rosy as it seems up there.

Pete Elliott
34 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Surprised to see that given how well they’ve played against us three times this season. They have an easy-ish run of games coming up so may start to pick up points.