Lyall Cameron

Diehardjambo1

Diehardjambo1

Would love to see this lad in a hearts strip. Reminds me of another little Cameron that was great in midfield for Hearts. 

We should certainly be dipping in the Dundee bargain bin when karma inevitably strikes them

Mr Rabbit
7 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

That McCowan too, his delivery is frightening. 

McCowan for me would be an amazing signing. Cameron definitely has talent but seems to blow hot and cold.

8 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

McCowan for me would be an amazing signing. Cameron definitely has talent but seems to blow hot and cold.

Agree 

Beave1874

Stand out in the last 2 games. Think we were linked in the summer prior tho his new contract. I like the fact we are trying to get our young guns involved. Tait, Pollock, Wilson, Denholm, Stone will be mixing in the first team in the next season or so I reckon. 

jamboinglasgow

Wonder how close we got to signing him last season on a pre-contract? Wonder if Dundee missed out on promotion would he have gone to us.

Cameron is very box to box. Super wee player a bit of devil ment to him as well. Big prospect 

I really like Cochrane but if we sold him for £2.5m we could probably get Cameron and McCowan, plus Penrice for free on a pre contract and pocket at least £500k change. 

Jambo Forever

Owen Beck at left back bossed both Oda and Dexter. Had a great game and on loan from Liverpool

There are some really promising players dotted around the Scottish league that I really wish we would look more closely at. Cameron is one of them. 

Our transfer "strategy" should be looking at promising players already in the league, and trying to get them for a decent fee. I can't imagine he would cost more than £500,000 at an absolute maximum, more than likely half of that (TransferMarkt have his value listed as €375,000),  and would be good value for it.  Much less risk than bringing in a player who needs time to "get up to speed" with the league. 

17 minutes ago, Jambo Forever said:

Owen Beck at left back bossed both Oda and Dexter. Had a great game and on loan from Liverpool

Beck won't be playing at a team like Dundee for much longer. He will get a loan at an English Championship club next season for sure. Good player, but still needs to develop in some areas (really should have scored the winner versus Aberdeen in their last game). 

What would Cameron and Lyall be valued at i wonder? Both cracking players.

Noise the last couple seasons about McGrath and Levitt but i was never bothered about either of them. Didnt want them. These Dundee lads are better, would def like to see either in maroon.

Nessjambo67
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Noise the last couple seasons about McGrath and Levitt but i was never bothered about either of them. Didnt want them. These Dundee lads are better, would def like to see either in maroon.

Exactly this.   Cameron is at the the age where he could progress at a team like Hearts getting him maybe another matter unfortunately 

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

same person bud

7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Probably the same value:

Fv8KhPtXwAETSJU.jpg:large

:lol:

CloustonHMFC

I think he would be a great signing, along with McCowan, but there’s absolutely no danger we are paying the fees that would be need for either. At least not yet, but we should be striving to be at point we comfortably can. 

10 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

same person bud

7 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Probably the same value:

Fv8KhPtXwAETSJU.jpg:large

:lol:

Oops, i meant Luke and McCowan!

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Oops, i meant Luke and McCowan!

Lyall and Cameron, TransferMarkt reckon €375,000.

Luke and McCowan, they reckon €350,000.

:thumbsup:

Edited by tian447

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, BigAlim said:

We should certainly be dipping in the Dundee bargain bin when karma inevitably strikes them

It didn't do us any harm in the past with McCann and Hamilton. A repeat would be nice.

Lone Striker

For all that we want Hearts to be in pole position to sign lads like Cameron, I wouldn't be surprised if Foley soon  realises that he can pick up  young talented SPL guys like that for less than £1m  in Scotland - no point in giving them to  Hibs to play in the same league, just send them straight to  Bournemuff  and loan out to a  Championship club for a year.

His chat about getting Hibs to catch the OF is just pie in the sky chat to get a foot in the door in Scotland - the EPL & Championship is where the money is.  

Edited by Lone Striker

Fort Vallance

I'd like either or both for the long term. We're a bit away from the OF arrogance that we can just take who we want though. 

The Old Tolbooth

As much as I hate Dundee, they have a very good side just now, Mcowan and Cameron were superb, and I loved the trickery of Mellon too, he was a pain in our arse and I was surprised when they took him off. 

Chisholm is doing a cracking job there and Aberdeen could do a lot worse than to go for him. 

jambotony
2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

As much as I hate Dundee, they have a very good side just now, Mcowan and Cameron were superb, and I loved the trickery of Mellon too, he was a pain in our arse and I was surprised when they took him off. 

Chisholm is doing a cracking job there and Aberdeen could do a lot worse than to go for him. 

you mean Tony Docherty?

ScottieMac17
7 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Cameron would fit right in to our team then 😂

Edited by ScottieMac17

SpruceBringsteen

Stayed at Dundee in the summer because he wanted to finish his degree. He's on the radar. 

AC Mallin_51

Dundee are a decent side with plenty decent players which makes the 2 recent results against them all the better. I’d love to see us make a move for Cameron

gregzy2k7

Looks a decent prospect, his goal was fantastic to be fair.

Would probably cost about a million quid to sign him after his contract extension though.

File under Danny Armstrong as someone we probably can't afford.

8 hours ago, tian447 said:

Lyall and Cameron, TransferMarkt reckon €375,000.

Luke and McCowan, they reckon €350,000.

:thumbsup:

We should sign the four of them!!

JamboJoker98

McCowan was really good when they played us at Tynecastle. Kept an eye on him as heard podcasters etc that he would be one to sign from Scotland

1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Looks a decent prospect, his goal was fantastic to be fair.

Would probably cost about a million quid to sign him after his contract extension though.

File under Danny Armstrong as someone we probably can't afford.

The likes of Cameron and Armstrong are the kind of players that are probably worth the risk of splashing out a million on. Already good performers in the league and a great chance they could leave for bigger money than we spent.

chrisyboy7
11 hours ago, WDJ87 said:

Yes he's a very good attacking midfielder 

joondalupjambo

I want to wait to see Tait, Pollock and Denholm coming through as they get more opportunities next season.  These guys mentioned will become too expensive for us if in contract and with Dhanda coming, and perhaps Fraser plus our young ones do we really need them?  

karipidis

Cameron was excellent, as were Beck and McCowan, but Sibbick has to do so much better at his goal. He also gave Robinson the same space towards the end that Clark made a decent save from 

15 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Cameron was excellent, as were Beck and McCowan, but Sibbick has to do so much better at his goal. He also gave Robinson the same space towards the end that Clark made a decent save from 

Agree said the same to my boy backed away and allowed the shot. He's been on the bench for so long though, he was bound to be rusty. 

Been very impressed with Dundee the last two game. Docherty has them playing well….

thought Beck was outstanding yesterday - Cameron too 

The Old Tolbooth
14 hours ago, jambotony said:

you mean Tony Docherty?

I do yeah 🤦‍♂️ 

tiger Rudi

McCowan and Cameron are probably out of our price range already tbh. That would change if big bids were incoming for Cochrane, Rowles or whisper it.... Shankland. 

Any outlay on these two would be an investment though, as both are a good age and would have sell on value. I hope we push the boat out a bit in the summer. I feel we missed a great opportunity after finishing 3rd with some bad decisions recruitment wise. We had a chance to cement ourselves in 3rd and failed. Let's not do it again. 

18 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I think he would be a great signing, along with McCowan, but there’s absolutely no danger we are paying the fees that would be need for either. At least not yet, but we should be striving to be at point we comfortably can. 

Would also like McCowan. 

Transfermarkt has him valued at £350k. Maybe a premium to pay because he's doing well, but his contract is also up at the end of NEXT season.

I wouldn't boak at paying £400k for him. We spent that on Kio and god knows what we've spent on Oda & Tagawa. He's 26 so probably coming into his prime too. 

Would much prefer to pay transfer fees (if reasonable) for domestic players as already proven in the league. 

PortyBeach
18 hours ago, jackal said:

Unfortunately they will be hoovered up by crap English sides with too much money. 

You’re right - that’s a distinct possibility.

So, should Hearts “speculate now to accumulate later” on these players like this (as “prospects”) with an eye on cashing-in later?

heartgarfunkel
18 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

It didn't do us any harm in the past with McCann and Hamilton. A repeat would be nice.

What pair of signings they were 

:sweeet:

CloustonHMFC
11 hours ago, OTT said:

Would also like McCowan. 

Transfermarkt has him valued at £350k. Maybe a premium to pay because he's doing well, but his contract is also up at the end of NEXT season.

I wouldn't boak at paying £400k for him. We spent that on Kio and god knows what we've spent on Oda & Tagawa. He's 26 so probably coming into his prime too. 

Would much prefer to pay transfer fees (if reasonable) for domestic players as already proven in the league. 

I also imagine we’d get the ‘in the same league premium’, probably taking any fee north of 500k - but then, like Shankland with us, he’s valued at whatever Dundee say. I can’t see it, but I’d be more than happy to be wrong. 

On 03/02/2024 at 19:59, WDJ87 said:

Yes I think he would be brilliant at hearts. Had a great season 

Diehardjambo1

Cameron is a lot more consistent than any of our midfielders that keep being rotated. You’ll get more good games than not and like  that he is not afraid to have a strike at goal from outside the box. 

We_are_the_Hearts

The Dundee fans who watch Cameron every week aren't that keen on him over the piece. They do love McCowan though. We shouldn't judge players just on what they do against us. Remember Levitt?