Calling Rangers fans "Huns" is officially not sectarian

Pete Elliott

20 minutes ago, NottsJambo said:

If that's the case why, when telling Scots (i live in England) who I support, they so often reply, "oh, the Edinburgh Huns" or similar? What is it that links us and Rangers in their minds?

Whatever it's origin it stinks of sectarianism.

Thread's like this where people are desperate to be obsessed with the OF. People in England don't read into the detail of which 'side' you're on...they just pick up that sectarianism and OF obsession is country-wide rather than limited to their fans.

Edited by Taffin

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Gundermann

• The Real Maroonblood

• Pete Elliott

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, Gundermann said:

WWII also saw many Irish enlist - some 50k and despite official neutrality, Eire, cooperated with the Brits - Churchill offered De Valera the Six Counties back if Ireland joined up - to offer intelligence on German forces and the elements of the IRA that favoured a German victory.

https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/article/ireland-in-world-war-ii-the-swastika-vs-the-shamrock/

Ah so Ireland was actually no more an all of the Germans than they were of the Brits then, and saying they "took Germanys side" is complete misrepresentation of the truth.

29 minutes ago, NottsJambo said:

If that's the case why, when telling Scots (i live in England) who I support, they so often reply, "oh, the Edinburgh Huns" or similar? What is it that links us and Rangers in their minds?

U-ok-hun.png

been here before
33 minutes ago, NottsJambo said:

Aye, that really happens.

Absolutely tragic that in this day and age there is a thread like this. Why do we Hearts supporters feel the need to even comment on this this kind of topic. The sooner we and the rest of Scottish football can leave this behind, ignore and not comment the better. Yes I realise the irony in me commenting on this and saying not to, but let's leave this shit behind. 

Chuck Berry
3 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Absolutely tragic that in this day and age there is a thread like this. Why do we Hearts supporters feel the need to even comment on this this kind of topic. The sooner we and the rest of Scottish football can leave this behind, ignore and not comment the better. Yes I realise the irony in me commenting on this and saying not to, but let's leave this shit behind. 

It's a fairly relevant topic don't you think - particularly when sense has been restored - and discussing it on here has zero impact on the sectarian problem in Scotland.

8 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

You have just commented mate 

Bazzas right boot

Good stuff.

I can now call folk hun *******s in the knowledge that it is politically correct.

19 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Good post.

Sigma One
3 hours ago, Gundermann said:

As if Sevco's hate-filled followers adhere to any form of religion.

And the Lord decreeed "Thou shalt sully thy own garden with much defecation and urination" 

rangers george sq 3.jpg

rangers george sq.jpg

Are you sure the first lot are urinating, looks like twerking. 😅

buzzbomb1958
23 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Good stuff.

I can now call folk hun *******s in the knowledge that it is politically correct.

We will need to give the ultras the words to the old song , no heard it for years 🤣🤣🤣

Gundermann
1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

After Hitler died the only message of sympathy was sent by the then Irish government

True. What was De Valera thinking? Despite that, he has a forest named after him in Israel apparently due to his support for Ireland's Jews.

Anyway, IIRC the term Hun for German came from WWI.

31 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Good stuff.

Amen. 

NottsJambo
54 minutes ago, been here before said:

Aye, that really happens.

Er, yeah.

I'm really confused by this thread. Are you telling me I'm the only one ever heard of 'diet huns' or 'Edinburgh Huns?' What do you think they are saying?

Wee Mikey

Given that Rangers died through liquidation in 2012 it could be argued that that was the demise of the Huns. We know that to be true, even if they are in total denial.

Perhaps they should now be referred to as Mongols as they share a common ancestry, the Mongols having risen some 500 years later? Hence supporters of the resurrected "The Rangers" taking on the mantle of their predecessors.

But, methinks a resounding chorus of:-

🎶🎵🎶

Go home, ya Mon*s,

Go home, ya Mon*s,

Go home, ya Mon*s,

Go home.

Etc., etc.

🎶🎵🎶

might open up a whole new can of worms altogether. 🤭

We would, of course, merely be referencing e.g. Ghengis Khan as portrayed in one of John Wayne's worst castings ever ... but, on reflection, probably best not to go there.

Screenshot_20240202_191732_Google.jpg

Edited by Wee Mikey

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, Deid Heid said:

If it looks like a hun, if it walks like a hun, if it lays waste to a medium size city in the wake of a good thrasing, and let's its club die then (legally) it's probably a HUN.

Get it up ye ya HUN *****!

Plus saying, "he's a hun" is far easier than saying "he's a The rangers fan"

FTFY

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

You have just commented mate 

If you read my comment correctly you would have seen I had said that at the end.

3 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Oh well, means we can’t be offended anymore by “wee Huns” “mini Huns” or “purple Huns”….

::troll::

You missed Huns without the bus fare a real rib tickler that one 🤦‍♂️

19 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

I find Sevco gets them spitting blood.

I don't think I've ever met a Rangers fan who was offended by that tbh.

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, Bender said:

I don't think I've ever met a Rangers fan who was offended by that tbh.

Probably to thick to be offended. 

Aw. I prefered it ehen thick huns had a silly reason to think hun was bigoted as it showed them up as even bigger huns.

Oh well.

Hun scum

Deid Heid
2 hours ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

FTFY

😄

Pete Elliott
2 hours ago, Philfigo said:

If you read my comment correctly you would have seen I had said that at the end.

You just commented. Again.

3 hours ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

Walk aways part time proddie walk aways ....sluuuuurrrrppp

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

You've got more kathlics than prodies in your team gets their back up.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Ked said:

Yay another mini hun thread to satisfy the hard on the usual suspects have for this.

Cryin into my union jack flag type post. 

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Cryin into my union jack flag type post. 

Type of poster I was referring to type post

cosanostra

Never in doubt. The whole Hun = Protestant thing was a flimsy and transparent attempt by Huns attempting to justify their bigotry and hatred towards Catholics.

They're pathetic low lives who live to hate. 

Heartsfth
13 hours ago, Gundermann said:

WWII also saw many Irish enlist - some 50k and despite official neutrality, Eire, cooperated with the Brits - Churchill offered De Valera the Six Counties back if Ireland joined up - to offer intelligence on German forces and the elements of the IRA that favoured a German victory.

https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/article/ireland-in-world-war-ii-the-swastika-vs-the-shamrock/

Thanks for posting that was very interesting 

Aussie Jambo

I tend to find Sevco being the best wind up. I’ve got a few mates over here that are Sevconians. They don’t like it (up um)

image.jpeg.549bbe2ad27af0773471ab3b27618188.jpeg

been here before
1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

Is this kerry dale Street. So much anti rangers.  Personally I detest both!!!

Too right, theres never any anti Sellick stuff on here, ever, nothing, not a thing.

Start a thread about them and we can all pile on with our Sellick love in.

Just now, Sherbet said:

On your way to Aberdeen yet

You're absolutely raging! 

:gok:

8 hours ago, Pete Elliott said:

You just commented. Again.

That must have taken a lot of intelligence to come up with that response. Well done! 

2 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Is this kerry dale Street. So much anti rangers.  Personally I detest both!!!

You only need to click on a thread about Celtic and their scummy fans to realise that most on here dislike them both in equal measure . The only difference between a thread bashing Celtic and a thread bashing Celtic is the Celtic bashing threads do not have people asking if this is Follow Follow 

Plenty of things to rip Celtic for and most do 

Stupid Sexy Flanders
7 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You've got more kathlics than prodies in your team gets their back up.

"More Tims than Celtic, 

Oh you've got more Tims than Celtic."

I used to enjoy that one. 😄