Many Good Men

Gundermann

Gundermann

Just heard a bit on Radio Scotland about this. It's being supported by Hearts and being stage at Tynecastle. Apparently aims to tackle mysogyny and incel culture.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23450731.many-good-men-tackles-online-radicalisation-young-people/

https://civicdigits.com/project/many-good-men/

Good for them & well done Hearts on allowing this. To an auld guy like me, these worrying trends of online culture influencing people, especially young people,is concerning.

Back when I was young ( many stones ago) we were influenced and guided by our Journeymen and older relatives and your inbuilt bullshit detector would go off if you thought you were getting a bum steer from any of them. I do worry for the young yins now.😟

Edited by jamboozy

5 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Good for them & well done Hearts on allowing this. To an auld guy like me, these worrying trends of online culture influencing people, especially young people,is concerning.

Back when I was young ( many stones ago) we were influenced and guided by our Journeymen and older relatives and your inbuilt bullshit detector would go off if you thought you were getting a bum steer from any of them. I do worry for the young yins now.😟

So there was no misogyny in your young days?

Pete Elliott
2 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Of course there was but young people had a limited number of adults in their lives. It was nowhere near as much of a danger to youngsters as it is in the digital world.  

2 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I didn’t say there wasn’t, there’s nothing in my post to indicate that.

1 hour ago, Pete Elliott said:

Of course there was but young people had a limited number of adults in their lives. It was nowhere near as much of a danger to youngsters as it is in the digital world.  

Thanks, you have put that over better than I. It was a much simpler world with less platforms for predators.

Sleepy head

If we tackle mysogyny then we have to question certain cultures. many where we are being asked to accept and tolerate. 

5 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Eh?  Misogyny was rife back then.

Toxteth O'Grady

The next chapter in turning HMFC into a wummins knitting circle - Mad Budge oot.

😂

Des Lynam

Is involuntary celibate the catchphrase these days for not being able to get your hole? 

3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Is involuntary celibate the catchphrase these days for not being able to get your hole? 

Yes put simply . However worse than that these people seek each other out and get very angry at women for not just having sex with them whether they fancy them or not . Basically women are sex objects and they have no real purpose other than sex and they are angry that they are not getting any . Through these little circle jerks some have gone on to become rapists and worse 

27 minutes ago, briever said:

Eh?  Misogyny was rife back then.

I never said it wasn’t 🙄

Des Lynam
6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes put simply . However worse than that these people seek each other out and get very angry at women for not just having sex with them whether they fancy them or not . Basically women are sex objects and they have no real purpose other than sex and they are angry that they are not getting any . Through these little circle jerks some have gone on to become rapists and worse 

Thanks for that Sooks. I’m a bit ignorant on this subject but that is quite worrying young men like that have an online community that can confirm and validate their fears and beliefs. 

chuck berrys hairline

Bunch of Cucks 😅

Aye very good hearts what about those young men who have been abused by their female family members like my son?

Labelled an incel because he doesn't trust women because he has first hand experiences of how the system is geared to protect them and not children. 

His mother (mogsworld) is even working with vulnerable adults despite having assault of minors and serious gbh against men on her record. 

So spare me the p!sh Hearts and focus on football. One rule for women another for us men!

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Thanks for that Sooks. I’m a bit ignorant on this subject but that is quite worrying young men like that have an online community that can confirm and validate their fears and beliefs. 

It has probably been going on since the first forums and chat rooms were created , but now they have a name that they call themselves . It is a bit worrying but it is not helped by people in positions of power desensitising them to it like Trump and his “ grab her by the pussy “ kinds of comments 

2 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Bunch of Cucks 😅

Aye very good hearts what about those young men who have been abused by their female family members like my son?

Labelled an incel because he doesn't trust women because he has first hand experiences of how the system is geared to protect them and not children. 

His mother (mogsworld) is even working with vulnerable adults despite having assault of minors and serious gbh against men on her record. 

So spare me the p!sh Hearts and focus on football. One rule for women another for us men!

I think you are getting incels mixed up abuse victims . Any woman who abuses someone physically or sexually is just as bad as a man who does it . Incel culture is a whole different thing though . If your son became an incel it would be an awful result of the abuse he suffered . Let us hope he does not , it is not something that always happens . I really hope he finds the support and help that he needs 

GlasgoJambo
7 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Bunch of Cucks 😅

What’s mogsworld?

Benny Klack

Fair play to Hearts for putting this on. 

Great thread for outing gammon types and wrong uns 👏

the posh bit

I stopped reading at 'manospere.' No wonder there's so much anger amongst men these days. 

Gundermann
18 hours ago, jamboozy said:

👍

Gundermann
11 hours ago, Benny Klack said:

Fair play to Hearts for putting this on. 

Great thread for outing gammon types and wrong uns 👏

You were saying...

Screenshot_20240203_080604_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.003127988743e752f720d97acd47d33e.jpg

Pete Elliott
12 hours ago, Sooks said:

Ironically incel was started by a woman. It‘s transformed since then and been overtaken by t he types you mention. There’s also a terrorist element with several killings in the States. 😔

Pete Elliott
12 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Bunch of Cucks 😅

Sorry to hear that and I can understand where your raw emotion comes from. It doesn’t have to be an “either or” situation though. Both deserve awareness.

If your son is making similar comments to a couple of yours in your post then I could understand why people may be worried he is being radicalised and brainwashed with Incel ideologies. Teachers who hear that sort of language have a duty to report it.

3 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Ironically incel was started by a woman. It‘s transformed since then and been overtaken by t he types you mention. There’s also a terrorist element with several killings in the States. 😔

Yip . Their whole flimsy justification falls apart when they start talking about taking away a womans right to choose her own sexual partner . They are advocating sexual slavery and rape 

Pete Elliott
12 hours ago, Sooks said:

I think you are getting incels mixed up abuse victims . Any woman who abuses someone physically or sexually is just as bad as a man who does it . Incel culture is a whole different thing though . If your son became an incel it would be an awful result of the abuse he suffered . Let us hope he does not , it is not something that always happens . I really hope he finds the support and help that he needs 

The stuff about society and law being weighted in favour of women and not men has become a strong part of Incel thinking too unfortunately.

That’s why when the extreme Incels go on a killing spree they’re happy to kill men and women as they see the men as guilty of empowering the women rather than denegrating them as they do. It’s something to do with blue and black pills but can’t remember the exact colours.

Edited by Pete Elliott

Pete Elliott
12 hours ago, the posh bit said:

I stopped reading at 'manospere.' No wonder there's so much anger amongst men these days. 

Can you elaborate @the posh bit?

8 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

The stuff about society and law being weighted in favour of women and not men has become a strong part of Incel thinking too unfortunately.

At least there is a conversation to bad there where one side does not necessarily advocate rape though . Most women are more at risk from abuse and attacks than men , so it makes sense that there are some protections of their rights that are more noticeable in society . Not a debate I want to get in to though as I do not believe society is weighted in their favour , and in many other ways they have things stacked against them in favour of men

The bit about women having too much say in choosing who they have sex with is the part that I find extremely worrying . Surely nobody can advocate trying to change that ? There is no sensible or morally acceptable discussion to be had around that 

Edited by Sooks

12 hours ago, the posh bit said:

What are men angry about? 

Pete Elliott
7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

At least there is a conversation to bad there where one side does not necessarily advocate rape though . Most women are more at risk from abuse and attacks than men , so it makes sense that there are some protections of their rights that are more noticeable in society . Not a debate I want to get in to though as I do not believe society is weighted in their favour , and in many other ways they have things stacked against them in favour of men

The bit about women having too much say in choosing who they have sex with is the part that I find extremely worrying . Surely nobody can advocate trying to change that ? There is no sensible or morally acceptable discussion to be had around that 

Yeah there’s loads of reprehensible aspects to it, especially the last part you mention.

They even sub-divide themselves into true believers and partial believers. That hierarchy encourages them to add even more awful aspects so they can ‘move up.’ Some of those who feel they can’t move up then resort to murder-suicide killings.

The key thing behind this event is raising awareness, particularly for parents. This thread also adds to the awareness so it’s good that we’re having an open discussion about it. As we’ve seen above, young people can get lured into the Incel way of thinking for different reasons, even when they have initially been a genuine victim of something.

The Tackle
14 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Can you elaborate @the posh bit?

I think they just meant that all these cringey new terms that are being created these days are infuriating 

Edited by The Tackle

1 minute ago, The Tackle said:

I think they just mean that all these cringey new terms that are being created these days are infuriating 

True but the majority of incels who are immersed in that culture actually self identify as such and use these terms to justify their ideologies . It then becomes difficult to discuss the topic without using these terms and it confuses the debate

The Tackle
15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

True but the majority of incels who are immersed in that culture actually self identify as such and use these terms to justify their ideologies . It then becomes difficult to discuss the topic without using these terms and it confuses the debate

You are obviously more clued up on it than me. I was aware that there is growing movement of young men who bitch and moan about women not choosing them on TikTok but I wasn’t aware it was as serious as your previous posts suggest 

AlphonseCapone
14 hours ago, Sleepy head said:

If we tackle mysogyny then we have to question certain cultures. many where we are being asked to accept and tolerate. 

Do you mean people of certain cultures that come here as opposed to in their own cultures where they live?

I assume so and agree. I would describe myself as pretty socially liberal but I do think the Government and society in general in the UK and Europe need to push a tougher line on what Western democratic values are to those that come to live here and drop the we have to value everyone's traditions and culture nonsense.

13 hours ago, Sooks said:

I say this without any reference to the specifics within that posters particular comment here, obviously awful what they've described at a personal level. But I would just add one thing, that poster in general has the worst takes on almost every subject and I wouldn't waste the letters if I was you.

2 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

You are obviously more clued up on it than me. I was aware that there is growing movement of young men who bitch and moan about women not choosing them on TikTok but I wasn’t aware it was as serious as your previous posts suggest 

It is quite scary tbh mate . It seems like things that previously would never become mainstream topics of debate because one side of the argument is so reprehensible are now open to debate as though having some merit . I still sometimes stop and just wonder at some of the things that people try and make cases for . Obviously debate is important but when things like taking away a persons right to chose who they have consensual sex with starts to be debated as though both sides of the argument have merit …………… you start to realise we are through the looking glass

AlphonseCapone
11 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

It's a very serious issue mate and there have been serious real world incidents on the back of these types of lads essentially forming a community together on the internet, being stuck in an echo chamber that gets progressively more dangerous. Folk might dismiss that because they have this notion that being a man is under attack or whatever and this is just part of some agenda. Yet the same folk don't question how young Muslim men have been and are radicalised online. It's the same phenomenon, just a different audience and different target.

Folk don't like the terminology and probably think it's part of snowflake (without any hint of irony on this term) culture. But it's a recognised label to describe a certain subculture. We've always had labels for that and it's important to differentiate normal young lads from these guys.

I know JKB is a predominantly older demographic and tbf, this is a significant issue for the generation below mine, not mine directly, but I'm close enough to that generation to see the impact that this stuff is having on kids. It's genuinely concerning and when you see how much little kids are now on tablets watching YouTube, I've no idea what we're creating for the future.

It's great Hearts are doing this because they've got the sort of influence and can reach the type of people that this stuff impacts.

11 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I say this without any reference to the specifics within that posters particular comment here, obviously awful what they've described at a personal level. But I would just add one thing, that poster in general has the worst takes on almost every subject and I wouldn't waste the letters if I was you.

Ah cheers . I never realised 

17 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

It's a very serious issue mate and there have been serious real world incidents on the back of these types of lads essentially forming a community together on the internet, being stuck in an echo chamber that gets progressively more dangerous. Folk might dismiss that because they have this notion that being a man is under attack or whatever and this is just part of some agenda. Yet the same folk don't question how young Muslim men have been and are radicalised online. It's the same phenomenon, just a different audience and different target.

Folk don't like the terminology and probably think it's part of snowflake (without any hint of irony on this term) culture. But it's a recognised label to describe a certain subculture. We've always had labels for that and it's important to differentiate normal young lads from these guys.

I know JKB is a predominantly older demographic and tbf, this is a significant issue for the generation below mine, not mine directly, but I'm close enough to that generation to see the impact that this stuff is having on kids. It's genuinely concerning and when you see how much little kids are now on tablets watching YouTube, I've no idea what we're creating for the future.

It's great Hearts are doing this because they've got the sort of influence and can reach the type of people that this stuff impacts.

👏👏

27 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

8 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

👏👏

+ 1 👏👏

the posh bit
1 hour ago, lou said:

What are men angry about? 

I'd be quite angry if I was part of a group of fathers who simply wanted to see more of their kids and learned I'd been bundled into an imaginary space that exists in the heads of morons with incels and mysoginists. 

Sleepy head
20 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I agree with you. Andrew Tate is a name well known with this mindset. Interestingly, he turned to Islam.

Putting him aside though, radical feminism is the antithesis.

There is so much at the present time which stokes this culture. The breakdown of family values, the demonisation of masculinity which can create this type of push back and a society which is losing touch with core values. These disaffected young men and young women are looking for a place to belong. Not excusing them entirely as there is always a case for personal responsibility however these nefarious groups and individuals prey on the lost and confused.

15 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

I'd be quite angry if I was part of a group of fathers who simply wanted to see more of their kids and learned I'd been bundled into an imaginary space that exists in the heads of morons with incels and mysoginists. 

What imaginary space ? Are you referring to the online spaces where incels share ideas and opinions ? They are definitely not imaginary . Virtual for sure , but no more a figment of imagination than this place 

GlasgoJambo
7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What imaginary space ? Are you referring to the online spaces where incels share ideas and opinions ? They are definitely not imaginary . Virtual for sure , but no more a figment of imagination than this place 

He’s referencing the very loose collective group which lumps fathers for justice in with nasty wee virgins.

It’s like when everyone right of socialism gets called a fascist. It turns people off and does no help for the cause.