Summer transfer thread 2024

Go for it 1308

On Dhanda

Naismith said on Friday afternoon: "That situation is something I'm not overly comfortable talking about but there is an agreement there.

"We had an honest conversation with the other club out of respect to tell them what was happening and we asked if there was a possibility (of buying him in January) but he wasn't for sale so that was the end of it, really."

Follow Us

I know the thread was made a bit tongue in cheek, but its worth thinking about. 

Lets say we do sell Shanks, who do we want to replace him? I think its maybe worth looking at the free agent market come the summer and seeing who could be a viable replacement. One thing I absolutely do not want, is another player from the otherside of the world. Jonson Clarke-Harris from Peterborough would be good. He's a goalscorer and a similar age to Shanks too. Don't doubt he will have interest from elsewhere, so might be a tough sell. If we have a decent amount of money to spend, that might help. Obviously the dream is that he signs the extension and we don't need to think about replacing him until he's 34+, but well.. modern football is shit and we're not allowed club legends anymore. Another idea might be to sign Kevin Van Veen and also loan in someone like Ryan One. Two good strikers, gives us a bit of depth and options short term. Obviously both at very different stages of their careers, but I suspect One is a project for Sheffield Utd and they'll want to see him challenged at a higher level. Alternative, is to try and replicate what Aberdeen have done in the Eastern European market with Bojan Miovski. 

I've kept saying Jeando Fuchs. Beni is probably going to run his contract down by the looks of things. Fuchs is only 26, so very much hitting the prime of his career. Proved what he could do at Dundee Utd and looks a very solid and well rounded ball winning midfielder. Also Peterborough. Also a free transfer. 

When Dexter goes back to Wolves, we're probably going to need another RWB. Ryan Strain seems to be the obvious choice. I think we should try for another loan deal for Dexter first. The chance to experience European group stage football is huge, and even if we only have him to January 2025 then, screw it. Worth it. 

Penrice & Dhanda have been discussed, I assume Penrice would come in as a replacement for Cochrane, and Dhanda pre-contract. Both free, both with league experience. Scott Fraser looks like he'll go permanent in the summer too from the tone of the discussions. 

Lewis Neilson, Aidan Denholm, Findlay Pollock & McCauley Tait continuing their development in the first team would be good too. I think Neilson specifically could begin to push Halkett for a starting place if Halks isn't showing a recovery back to his pre-injury form. The youngsters coming in would obviously be good for depth and other options.