N.I political scene

Ked

Jeffros Furios
44 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

No one lives in the year 1314, but am just a stones throw away from Bannockburn,  right now. :yas: 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I've bought a couple of buses we could use to transport the hoosejocks to Blair Drummond ....

Death to the traitors  !!!  

Sadly there will be a united Ireland before Scottish Independence IMO, but it will hasten the final break up of the United😃😃 Kingdom

6 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

I've bought a couple of buses we could use to transport the hoosejocks to Blair Drummond ....

Death to the traitors  !!!  

:)

Seaside Dave
On 30/01/2024 at 23:32, tian447 said:

My favourite thing about it all is the DUP being told in no uncertain terms that Brexit would cause issues, especially around borders, and that it wasn't a particularly good idea, and then they all went out and voted for it anyway. 

Then thinking that these signs plastered everywhere (well, in half of the place anyway) would have some sort of legal standing:

_118108064_mediaitem118108063.jpg

If that doesn't work, graffiti it on a council estate wall. That'll learn 'em. 

Then, because of their absolute failings in being a reasonable, responsible collection of people, who were tasked with representing the population, instead they realised that they would have to work with a slightly more popular bunch of Catholics, and threw their teddies out of the cot, pretending it was for other reasons. 

The DUP should just change their logo to this:

300px-Surprised_Pikachu_HD.jpg

Or their name to the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party. 

I walk my dog at Stormont regularly, and it's more effective and useful as a dog park than it is as a ****ing place of Government. 

An out and out shambles. Meanwhile the country is turning to shite... but the important thing is the DUP don't have to work with Catholics.  Isn't that swell for the people on strike, the services that aren't funded or functioning, and the whole place slowly slipping further and further down the pan. 

Not saying that the other side are any better, but they're at least willing to go to work and try to make it better. 

Great spot for walking the dogs tbh. Would regularly use that park myself and the kids love playing in the play park too. 

6 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

Great spot for walking the dogs tbh. Would regularly use that park myself and the kids love playing in the play park too. 

It really is, with the dog stopping to sniff every 20 feet, it takes about an hour to go round the path that goes right up the valley at the back, and then he can go mad in the fenced off dog bit.   It's well kept and well maintained, unlike the muppets in the big hoose at the top of the hill! 

Only negative point is the squirrels, which means I get 45kg of Shepherd trying to take them my arm as a present when he spots one. ******* :lol:

Some very poor comments on this thread ! 

We have Hearts Fans from Ulster who are season ticket holders to not only home games but away games ! 

2 hours ago, JG_1874 said:

We have Hearts Fans from Ulster who are season ticket holders to not only home games but away games ! 

We have at least one Hearts fan from Leinster who is a season ticket holder.  But he's a ****er and can sod off as far as I'm concerned. :cheese:

Seaside Dave
7 hours ago, JG_1874 said:

That's me 🤣🤣 but tbh our politicians are all about getting themselves more money. Dup would sign a deal for united Ireland tomorrow if they got a payrise. All of them parties are a bunch of scumbags. We have terrorists in government that was the first issue years ago. 

Seaside Dave
10 hours ago, tian447 said:

It really is, with the dog stopping to sniff every 20 feet, it takes about an hour to go round the path that goes right up the valley at the back, and then he can go mad in the fenced off dog bit.   It's well kept and well maintained, unlike the muppets in the big hoose at the top of the hill! 

Only negative point is the squirrels, which means I get 45kg of Shepherd trying to take them my arm as a present when he spots one. ******* :lol:

🤣🤣  Our 2 dogs would take off after them aswell. We use to have another dog max who we never took him out on a lead. He literally stayed by your legs for the full walk no matter what. never ran off never went more than 2 footsteps away from ya. Unfortunately couldn't get these 2 muppets to do the same they'd be away in a second 🤣🤣

Doctor FinnBarr
44 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

That's me 🤣🤣 but tbh our politicians are all about getting themselves more money. Dup would sign a deal for united Ireland tomorrow if they got a payrise. All of them parties are a bunch of scumbags. We have terrorists in government that was the first issue years ago. 

Who else can you vote for Dave? I'll guess Sinn Fein are out.

8 hours ago, JG_1874 said:

Not seen anything particularly outrageous on this thread other than the usual bickering at the start. 

Northern Ireland is falling to bits, and compared to Scotland. The politics still being based around who's interpretation of an imaginary sky-diety is correct is absolutely ludicrous.  Or at least, it's a convenient excuse for them to do whatever the **** they want. 

Both sides of the spectrum here would sell the entire country down the river as long as it made them some financial gain.  The only problem is the DUP gamble didn't pay off, it cost them. They got exactly what they voted for, and threw a tantrum when it didn't go their way despite it being totally obvious.  This complete hissy fit about it means they have held a position of power over the situation that should never be allowed to repeat again, due to the fact that there has to be power-sharing because of the absolute nonsense that runs this country. 

If you refuse to nominate a deputy First Minister, your representation should be completely removed and the other party should be allowed to go on their own.  If that was the case, the DUP would never have been able to effectively suspend the Government for 2 years.  It's a nuclear option that would ensure that it doesn't happen again.

There has been a standing government for 3 months of the time I have lived here. I can see Stormont from my window, and it's just sat there empty, all whilst the roads crumble, the hospitals are full to the brim and have up to 36 hour waiting times for A&E, the public services are falling to bits, and the public get more and more annoyed at the shambles that it is causing.

Seaside Dave
1 hour ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Who else can you vote for Dave? I'll guess Sinn Fein are out.

We don't have a sinn fein councillor where I live mate. So can't vote for them 🤣🤣 we have sinn feins little puppet brigade though in alliance but wouldn't vote for them. 

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Seaside Dave said:

We don't have a sinn fein councillor where I live mate. So can't vote for them 🤣🤣 we have sinn feins little puppet brigade though in alliance but wouldn't vote for them. 

So, who else is there? Any moderates?

Seaside Dave
8 hours ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

So, who else is there? Any moderates?

Independent unionists in my area is who I vote for. People who actually do work in helping local people where I live. I know you'll see unionist and think here we go 🤣 but if they where just independent they would still get my vote because of everything they do 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Seaside Dave said:

Independent unionists in my area is who I vote for. People who actually do work in helping local people where I live. I know you'll see unionist and think here we go 🤣 but if they where just independent they would still get my vote because of everything they do 

It’s amazing how we can vote differently from national to local elections.

One of my local councillors is Libdem and never voted for them at any level but this guy is very proactive and deserves my vote.

Gundermann
On 01/02/2024 at 12:07, JG_1874 said:

I welcome our friends from the Six Counties.

It's time everyone (Home countries) went their own way. One is too big and holds all the power over the other three. 

NI can do what ever they like. Independence or Unification with The Republic.  But being part of England doesn't help them at all, apart from financially. 

Edited by ri Alban

Probably the worst victim of the Brexit nonsense because of the added problems it causes alongside the GFA. A lovely wee country I’ve visited many times and it’s a shame the shysters in control would see it burn rather than work for the people who live there. 

Seaside Dave
10 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s amazing how we can vote differently from national to local elections.

One of my local councillors is Libdem and never voted for them at any level but this guy is very proactive and deserves my vote.

100 percent mate.