Throw-ins

kila

Do our throw-ins need some serious work?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Do our throw-ins need some serious work?

Hagar the Horrible
13 hours ago, kila said:

I’ll make sure Naismith has it right on his PowerPoint 👍

its up there with could of, rather than could have

Ron Burgundy

The team is so static at throw ins it is almost schoolboy stuff. Even chasing the game late on yesterday it was woeful.

Wee Mikey
On 22/04/2024 at 09:07, Hagar the Horrible said:

its up there with could of, rather than could have

... but not even ½ as bad as 'Grand Prixes'. 🤣

'Grands Prix' ... 'Throws in' ...

... Educashun, educashun, educashun.

RustyRightPeg

Long throws need to go. Atkinson struggles to reach the box. We've never won a flick on ever.

It's only worked once IIRC and it was when James Hill launched it against Aberdeen and a lucky rebound fell to Gino.

Abandon ship.

Cruickie's Moustache

Standard throw-in these days for us and many others is, take your time, allow the defense to regroup, chuck it to a guy 3-4m away who gives it back to the thrower.

What happens after that seems to be a lottery.

No idea why some NFL type passing moves or rugby style line-out drills can't be developed to open up space and make the defense sweat every now and again.

Wee Mikey
53 minutes ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

Standard throw-in these days for us and many others is, take your time, allow the defense to regroup, chuck it to a guy 3-4m away who gives it back to the thrower.

What happens after that seems to be a lottery.

No idea why some NFL type passing moves or rugby style line-out drills can't be developed to open up space and make the defense sweat every now and again.

Several times this season I've seen us do just that despite there being a midfielder in acres of space only ½ a pitch width away.

Baffling.

HeartsandonlyHearts

We would be better throwing straight to the opposition and then pressing them. Our attempts to attack from our own throw ins are horrendous. Kent last week against Livingston a prime example.

Throw in Hearts, GOAL!! Livingston.

Feel like this is something we say every week and never improves, every opponent seems to get a flick on to their throw in and we regularly lose the ball, or just head it to nowhere 

DesertDawg

While we're at it.....the kick off from the centre spot back to a defender sitting deep, or the goalkeeper, who launches the ball wide up the park where in nearly all cases it is picked up by the opposing defence or goes straight out for a throw to them.

And I know....every team does it!

Wee Mikey
17 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

While we're at it.....the kick off from the centre spot back to a defender sitting deep, or the goalkeeper, who launches the ball wide up the park where in nearly all cases it is picked up by the opposing defence or goes straight out for a throw to them.

And I know....every team does it!

That recent home game v Livi was the 1st time for me seeing a KO go straight back to the 'keeper. Mental!!!

Mind you, I've seen us manage to work a ball all the way back to our 'keeper from both free kicks and throws in at or around the opposition's box. Recycling the ball is one thing, but deary me, the number of times we do that kind of thing.

DesertDawg
11 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Mind you, I've seen us manage to work a ball all the way back to our 'keeper from both free kicks and throws in at or around the opposition's box. Recycling the ball is one thing, but deary me, the number of times we do that kind of thing.

And frequently......from corner kicks!  :arghh: