Jorge Grant

Bongo 1874

Bongo 1874

Been critical of this man,but thought he was outstanding today good link up play,and what a penalty.

Keep it up 👍

MOTM for me.

Edited by Bongo 1874

Move him on before the window closes 

Am I doing this right ?

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Been critical of this man,but thought he was outstanding today good link up play,and what a penalty.

Keep it up 👍

MOTM for me.

BelgeJambo

That was a penalty 

Grant does have the potential for a No10  if we can get it right

I think he deserves an extended run in the team, I feel he’s one who gets taken out after 1 bad game! That doesn’t help him let him play 6-7 games get his confidence flowing & I’m sure he will repay us 

Bongo 1874
Just now, jbee647 said:

Move him on before the window closes 

Am I doing this right ?

Can only hold my hands up, and admit I was wrong mate 😀.

Cruickie's Moustache

Not been a huge fan but today he got to play where we were perhaps expecting him to play and he had the best 90 mins we have seen from him in a while.

Hoping he kicks on from a very good performance today.

Stendelnator

Needs to perform for 90 mins. Was atrocious along with most of the team in the first half 

feedthefox

We are so much more fluid in final third when Grant plays, lifts his head, sees the pass and more often than not makes it.

I think it's clear that Grant, Hoff, Beni is our midfield 3 and we need to keep playing it. 

Beave1874

I'm another who felt Grant was a ghost in some games but he was excellent in 2nd half today with his movement and passing. Some penalty. 

He is defo growing on me and deserves his chance with a run of games to see what he can do. 

38 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Keep it up 👍

MOTM for me.

Kingsley mom by a mile today imo

Coolest person in the stadium at the penalty. You could see he was laser-focused on where that penalty was ending up.

Not a fan but had a solid game and had the guts to thump away that penalty! Well done lad!

17 minutes ago, chazza74 said:

Yes Kingsley for me closely followed by Forrest

Mr Elwood P
57 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Keep it up 👍

MOTM for me.

Was always a technically good footballer, now starting to show what he can do. You eaten humble pie on Forrest too? I've not been on for a while ...

Arthur Morgan
19 minutes ago, chazza74 said:

Yep.

Really happy for Grant. I always think he gets a rough time on here, so good to see him perform well. 

Bongo 1874
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Was always a technically good footballer, now starting to show what he can do. You eaten humble pie on Forrest too? I've not been on for a while ...

Absolutely mate couldn't fault workrate,positivity or anything today,first half we weren't great.

But second half made up for it.

And only one team really deserved to win that match, in all honesty.

saxondale

Another player transformed by Naismith.

I think the biggest difference between Naismith and Robbie is that he is a very good man manager.

Tommy Brown

Could have been laid on for couple of goals today.

Oda shoots in first half rather than squaring to Jorge.

Vargas shoots rather than playing the 1-2,

was a good shot but a return pass was for easier chance.

Takeshi kovac

That penalty was unbelievable considering the pressure of 3 missed in a row. Hats off to Grant there

fabienleclerq

Good penalty and a good second half, didn't think he was particularly good first half tbh.

1 hour ago, feedthefox said:

We are so much more fluid in final third when Grant plays, lifts his head, sees the pass and more often than not makes it.

Agreed, he goes unnoticed sometimes but he’s a tidy player

Liked the balance of midfield today. 

Nominally a creative player, a holding player and a continuity guy - bit all able to do at least a bit of all the other roles. 

Pasquale for King

I thought he was a bit too far forward, didn’t really create much and wasted a good chance on the break. Shankland needs a pacy partner, hard for those two to press effectively also.  
Great penalty though. 

It also says a lot about him that when told in the summer that he likely wouldn’t be featuring much this season rather than moan, or leave the club, or just sit in the background taking an easy wage, he knuckled down, took his chance when it came and forced his way into Naisys plans. We need that attitude from our squad 

Edited by boag1874

He played as a number 10 for Peterborough, but bizarrely has never had a decent crack at playing a more attacking midfield role here. He needs a few games in that role now to see what he can do. 

He plays with his head up and tries to be positive in the final third. I liked the number of times he arrived late in the box looking for a pass or a cut back. Promising. 

Benny Klack

I wouldn’t say he was outstanding but certainly decent.

He deserves huge credit for that penalty - that was a big pressure kick at 0-0, the long wait beforehand and the fact that Shanks had been dropped from pens.

I’m also dead impressed with Grant’s close control in tight spaces and quick feet. Well deserving of a continued run in the starting 11. 

AlimOzturk

Got to give him credit for his recent upturn in form. Hopefully continues. 

Creative player. 

Pete Elliott

Never been a fan and he has frustrated me with his work rate for the most part. He’s not dangerous enough going forward to be a luxury player in the way Barrie Mackay is. But at Celtic Park he showed real grit and desire and proved he could do both sides of the game. I thought he was pretty dire yesterday until his (brilliant) penalty and that seemed to spark his confidence a bit. 

Happy to keep him till the summer now but the ball very much in his court in terms of whether he grabs the opportunity. 

Peakybunnet
16 hours ago, kila said:

Poor first half, much better second (like the rest of the team). Great penalty too.

Pretty much this. My mate sent me a message at half time for my thoughts. I replied. 

It’s shite, Grant is shite, Forest not getting ball. Oda is headless chicken and Dexter is good going forward

15 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Good penalty and a good second half, didn't think he was particularly good first half tbh.

Not many where 

• 3 weeks later...
tiger Rudi

I really can't understand the seethe on other threads from some fans regarding Grant. 

I just watched the whole of the first half again and counted two misplaced passes from him. Both of them when trying a difficult forward pass. 

He was all over the pitch, showing up on the left, the right, taking the ball from his CB's and getting forward making well timed runs into the box. He was linking well with Cochrane and Forrest making himself available and keeping it simple when needed. He was involved in the build up for both the 1st and 3rd goals and was inches away from getting on the end of the cross for the first.

In the event we sign Fraser permanently and bring in Dhanda, I certainly do not want to lose Grant. A valuable member of the squad.

Disser Pointon
1 minute ago, tiger Rudi said:

I really can't understand the seethe on other threads from some fans regarding Grant. 

I just watched the whole of the first half again and counted two misplaced passes from him. Both of them when trying a difficult forward pass. 

He was all over the pitch, showing up on the left, the right, taking the ball from his CB's and getting forward making well timed runs into the box. He was linking well with Cochrane and Forrest making himself available and keeping it simple when needed. He was involved in the build up for both the 1st and 3rd goals and was inches away from getting on the end of the cross for the first.

In the event we sign Fraser permanently and bring in Dhanda, I certainly do not want to lose Grant. A valuable member of the squad.

Agreed, deserves much more credit than he gets.

PapaShango
4 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

I'm sure if he wasn't showing up well he wouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11. In our recent run of form, he has played from the start in the majority of them including the win at Celtic. Works hard for the team and looks like he's much happier on the pitch than he has been over the last 12 months. 

3 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Agreed.  He's almost too subtle for some.  His part in the first goal.  Not actually too flashy, but just a great picture and well played pass.  He also get stuck in and works his socks off.

Folk don't notice players unless they're scoring screamers/playing world cup passes/battering into tackles, delete as necessary according to position.  Jorge is a good player.  Best we've ever had!?  Not by a longshot, but certainly good enough to be a part of our squad and team where we are right now.

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

It's weird. Every team needs a fall guy and I genuinely think folk were expecting him to be like Kaka cause he said he wants to play in the 10. Also think some haven't forgiven him for the Zurich red card which is bizarre.

feedthefox
4 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

As things stand Fraser would be a downgrade on Grant. I say it every time we play our best fluid football when Grant plays, goes unnoticed but keeps us moving forward.

No Idle Talk
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It's weird. Every team needs a fall guy and I genuinely think folk were expecting him to be like Kaka cause he said he wants to play in the 10. Also think some haven't forgiven him for the Zurich red card which is bizarre.

I was expecting him to be better than Kaka tbh. Quite annoyed that he isn't.

11 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Agreed.  He's almost too subtle for some.  His part in the first goal.  Not actually too flashy, but just a great picture and well played pass.  He also get stuck in and works his socks off.

Folk don't notice players unless they're scoring screamers/playing world cup passes/battering into tackles, delete as necessary according to position.  Jorge is a good player.  Best we've ever had!?  Not by a longshot, but certainly good enough to be a part of our squad and team where we are right now.

Bang on, he keeps us ticking 

tiger Rudi
3 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

As things stand Fraser would be a downgrade on Grant. I say it every time we play our best fluid football when Grant plays, goes unnoticed but keeps us moving forward.

I think Grant's biggest fault is he can drop out of games at times. Fraser is a good addition to the squad and is a similar type of player. Time will tell if he can be more consistent than Grant, but happy to have Fraser available until the summer. Will likely need to wait on Charlton's valuation of him before we see if it becomes a permanent deal, but hopefully it's not because we have moved Grant on. 

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

I think Grant's biggest fault is he can drop out of games at times. Fraser is a good addition to the squad and is a similar type of player. Time will tell if he can be more consistent than Grant, but happy to have Fraser available until the summer. Will likely need to wait on Charlton's valuation of him before we see if it becomes a permanent deal, but hopefully it's not because we have moved Grant on. 

I don't necessarily think that's always Grant's fault though. If he drops out of games, it means we aren't moving the ball quick enough as a unit to get him on the ball where we need him. 

I don't want him dropping as deep as Beni to get it. I want Beni/Rowles/Kingsley, Kent whoever it is to have the confidence to play through the lines onto his back foot so he can take it on the turn. That's what he's good at.

tiger Rudi
7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I don't necessarily think that's always Grant's fault though. If he drops out of games, it means we aren't moving the ball quick enough as a unit to get him on the ball where we need him. 

I don't want him dropping as deep as Beni to get it. I want Beni/Rowles/Kingsley, Kent whoever it is to have the confidence to play through the lines onto his back foot so he can take it on the turn. That's what he's good at.

If he can play like he did yesterday for over 60 minutes that will do me. Was involved in just about every good thing we did. He wasn't taken off for playing poorly, it was to give Fraser some game time.

Will be a fight between the two for the jersey, but whoever gets the nod, it benefits the squad as a whole having some quality coming off the bench.

Tait, Hoff, Devlin, Beni, Dhanda, Denholm, Grant and Fraser.... we will have a real surplus in midfield.

Do we need to be paying money for Fraser? Will see how good he really is between now and the end of the season. 

Pete Elliott
45 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

In our recent run of form, he has played from the start in the majority of them including the win at Celtic

False

Diadora Van Basten

Grant has struggled by being played out of position.

When we play 4-2-3-1 and he plays the CAM role he’s great as he can take the ball on the half turn and keep it in tight situations. He’s also a goal threat.