People at your work who have annoying habits.

Negan

There is a guy at my work in the office who will sneeze everyday. Its not just a normal quiet sneeze to yourself. it is a full blown scream. I sometimes think he does it on purpose just to feel noticed. Extremely rude behaviour and absolutely no need. 

Anyone else got annoying work colleagues? 

Legend Claws

People in general have some many annoying habits, I'm struggling to be around people that I can't tell to ****ing stop it!

Diadora Van Basten

My colleague told me that prior to me starting at my work their was an employee who used to ring a little bell in the office if he thought people were talking to much.

RustyRightPeg

Woman I work with just says thing that get on my wick.

'obviously' and 'to be honest' are put into random sentences at random times, like she's programmed to say it.

Also says the same things at the same time every day...colleague walks in wearing heels, here she comes 'clippity cloppity' 

'Thanks awfully' 

Also talks in a really high pitched voice that she puts on...gets to me in case you can't tell.

Victorian

Used to work in an office and the guy next to me was a serial and perpetual burper and blower of his nose like a trumpet.  Neither bothered me.  Unfortunately the guy opposite me found this all endlessly hilarious and would continually try to catch my gaze while he was soiling himself laughing.  That drove me crazy.  Full on Reggie Perrin job.  I jacked it in.

Edited by Victorian

PortyJambo
1 hour ago, Negan said:

There is a guy at my work in the office who will sneeze everyday. Its not just a normal quiet sneeze to yourself. it is a full blown scream. I sometimes think he does it on purpose just to feel noticed. Extremely rude behaviour and absolutely no need. 

I wonder if you worked at the same place I used to, guy used to have the whole floor of the office jumping when he "sneezed", in inverted commas as it was more just screaming/yelling as loud as he could. Attention seeking gimp...and a Hibs fan of course.

People who work in offices generally annoy me,especially the ones who call for National Service from the safety of their desk😉

CostaJambo

Worked on a site years ago with a guy and we had adjoining desks directly facing each other. Aside from regularly opening up his fried egg roll and sucking/slurping up the yolk in a oner I once had the misfortune to look up absent-mindedly and he had one pinkie up either nostril. On seeing me notice him he pulled them out quickly but unfortunately one had a stream of runny snotter attached to it which ended up all over his face. Good lad apart from the hygiene issues!

Jim_Duncan

There’s a guy at my work who’s an absolute bell-end. Poor personal hygiene, crappy banter and constant minging sandwiches. 

My job? I’m a self-employed sole trader with no staff. 

Life Aquatic

Older guy at my work is mortally afraid of silence... he must speak at all times about anything that enters his head no matter how mundane.

He doesnt talk with you, he talks at you. Any attempt to reply is simply talked over.

I've learned that trying to politely excuse yourself from it is futile. You need to.literally walk away from him.

He does no actual work as far as I can see but has been there so long he is apparently unsackable.

Torture...

This loud sneezing thing must be a h1b5 trait. I started calling this geezer snotters, phone call for snotters, parcel for snotters...snotters got the message...FTH, all of them!

One of my old colleagues used to cut his toe nails in the office. 

If you're reading this, as he is a Hearts fan, it's still ****ing gross!  

3 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

I wonder if you worked at the same place I used to, guy used to have the whole floor of the office jumping when he "sneezed", in inverted commas as it was more just screaming/yelling as loud as he could. Attention seeking gimp...and a Hibs fan of course.

Not sure if is a Hibee. He is more into cycling to work  (sigh) and he is vegan (sigh)

3 hours ago, ehcaley said:

People who work in offices generally annoy me,especially the ones who call for National Service from the safety of their desk😉

I'm a veteran now. Just to let you know :)

14 minutes ago, Negan said:

Edited by Negan

There’s a boy I used to work beside that seemed to constantly eat crisps. It was like everything he touched had a thin layer of grease on it. Kettle handles, door handles or when he was out the room and you had to use his PC/keyboard if he got a call. I love crisps but it was just minging. Lovely guy as well. 

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

There’s a guy at my work who’s an absolute bell-end. Poor personal hygiene, crappy banter and constant minging sandwiches. 

My job? I’m a self-employed sole trader with no staff. 

IMG_6454.gif

JudyJudyJudy

People who try to engage you in conversation when you clearly have work to do ( ie sitting in front of the pc , ear phones in etc ) but they still

don’t take the hint 😟

Bad hygiene top for me. Honking odours, especially feet, but breath too are quite challenging to tolerate. Once in an old office years ago, I would open the window a bit to ventilate and that same stinky person would close it saying they were too cold. They were consistently late so presumably slept in and didn't have time to shower or brush their teeth in the mornings... probably wore the same socks for multiple days too.

3 hours ago, Life Aquatic said:

Older guy at my work is mortally afraid of silence... he must speak at all times about anything that enters his head no matter how mundane.

He doesnt talk with you, he talks at you. Any attempt to reply is simply talked over.

I've learned that trying to politely excuse yourself from it is futile. You need to.literally walk away from him.

He does no actual work as far as I can see but has been there so long he is apparently unsackable.

Torture...

try dropping something, that act generally stops people talking, then you can tell him to STFU

39 minutes ago, kila said:

Bad hygiene top for me. Honking odours, especially feet, but breath too are quite challenging to tolerate. Once in an old office years ago, I would open the window a bit to ventilate and that same stinky person would close it saying they were too cold. They were consistently late so presumably slept in and didn't have time to shower or brush their teeth in the mornings... probably wore the same socks for multiple days too.

I had a lad working for me that stank. It reached the point where people were making complaints about it including corporate customers. I had to sit him down to talk about it on a few occasions which was awkward to say the least. Then he’d have new t shirts etc for a while and not be as bad but within a month the stink was back. So bad you could tell if he’d been in a room when you went into it. Amazingly one of his constant gripes was his lack of success with women! Maybe if you didn’t smell of rotten fish and meat it might improve your chance. Not by much though as fat and ugly probably didn’t help his cause. 

Life Aquatic
29 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

try dropping something, that act generally stops people talking, then you can tell him to STFU

Might try dropping my guts 🤔

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I had a lad working for me that stank. It reached the point where people were making complaints about it including corporate customers. I had to sit him down to talk about it on a few occasions which was awkward to say the least. Then he’d have new t shirts etc for a while and not be as bad but within a month the stink was back. So bad you could tell if he’d been in a room when you went into it. Amazingly one of his constant gripes was his lack of success with women! Maybe if you didn’t smell of rotten fish and meat it might improve your chance. Not by much though as fat and ugly probably didn’t help his cause. 

I put someone in front of a client last year and the client's initial feedback was fantastic, got on really well, perfect match etc. etc.

Client then called me back about an hour later, bit suspicious. Turns out they wanted me to confront the elephant in the room so to speak. The smell. The guy was absolutely reeking of cigarettes, yellow fingers, the lot. Not something that overly bothers me but the client made it sound OTT dramatic, and something that was going to jeopardise the relationship. 

Had to call the guy and hit it head on. He was very understanding and was very aware of it. Promised to change etc etc. 

End of the day, the client never ended up taking things any further, and it cost me a ****er of a fee.

superjack

There's a manager at our work, originally from Granton but family moved down south when he was a kid. He is the laziest and most obnoxious bugger I've ever know. He must weigh at least 25 stone of smelly lard, his office stinks that bad I've told my manager that I won't attend a meeting in his office. Around 6 months ago, a started going to the gym again, doing a lot of weights tobtry and get some shape to myself. This fudd said to me in the boardroom with around 9 others what's up with you jack, what's happened to your shoulder? I replied I was working on shoulders that morning and it's just a bit stiff. He replied "why bother with that?" I replied, "I didn't want to end up like you, mid 50s, lonely and smelly".

This clarty bugger will sit in his office, 2 knuckles deep in his nose, then proceeds to eat the snot. His office is like a gold fish bowl, anyone near it can clearly see. I once sat opposite him in a meeting. Due to his size, and him being too tight to buy new clothes that fit, instead of wearing my normal glasses I wore my safety glasses as I honestly thought a button was going to come flying off his shirt and blind me.

Even typing about this **** is getting me annoyed again.

the posh bit

I used to work beside a guy who told the most incredible lies. Absolute roaster of a guy. He told me on the quiet that he'd been camping over the summer with a female staff member, who was tidy albeit barmy, adding 'never shagged her, we decided we would just be pals.'

I never believed a word of that and a wee while later an investigation into his conduct in another part time post he had resulted in him moving on from us, to **** knows where.

A wee while after he left I was chatting about him with the tidy/barmy lassie, discussing all the shite he used to come out with. I told her what he said about the camping trip and she replied "did he really say that?" When I confirmed he had, she told me that they had went camping that summer, all there was to do there was shag and that she'd dumped him after a short while because all he did was tell lies. 😁

Edited by the posh bit

Der Kaiser

The amount of toilet breaks some folk have at my work is unbelievable. Genuinely think it adds up to around half their work day.

And no....not folk with medical problems....just off for a wee skive.

Also....my work is physically demanding and you can get hurt....A slap, a bite or a kick from time to time. It seems that so many, mostly younger folk, just have to go home at the slightest knock. There's just no resilience with some of them?

I've seen out a day finding out later I had concussion from being hit over the head with a chair, worked with a torn muscle in my back....TWICE, been punched in the face, even still turned up at work when I had cellulitis in my knee. I didnt know that then but still came in and worked through the pain and visible fever because I knew folk were depending on me. Ended up needing two weeks of IV antibiotics and could have potentially lost part of my leg.

Folk ask to go home now because they have a headache??????

1971fozzy

Guy beside me buys the huge bag of pickled monster munch every lunch time. The noise is brutal. I get crisps are noisy but Fek me he goes for it, and they stink and he does that horrible thing when he empties the crumbs in his hand and licks it.

I now leave when he opens them and go for a 10 minute walk. A hibby too

my other half , when she has a cuppa in bed every morning lies on her side on her phone and slurps.  Annoying as well. 

I just leave the toilet seat up 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by 1971fozzy

Dawnrazor
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Guy beside me buys the huge bag of pickled monster munch every lunch time. The noise is brutal. I get crisps are noisy but Fek me he goes for it, and they stink and he does that horrible thing when he empties the crumbs in his hand and licks it.

A clear pattern is emerging, fucin mutants, every one.

1971fozzy
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

A clear pattern is emerging, fucin mutants, every one.

True story 👍

Jim_Duncan
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

The amount of toilet breaks some folk have at my work is unbelievable. Genuinely think it adds up to around half their work day.

And no....not folk with medical problems....just off for a wee skive.

Also....my work is physically demanding and you can get hurt....A slap, a bite or a kick from time to time. It seems that so many, mostly younger folk, just have to go home at the slightest knock. There's just no resilience with some of them?

I've seen out a day finding out later I had concussion from being hit over the head with a chair, worked with a torn muscle in my back....TWICE, been punched in the face, even still turned up at work when I had cellulitis in my knee. I didnt know that then but still came in and worked through the pain and visible fever because I knew folk were depending on me. Ended up needing two weeks of IV antibiotics and could have potentially lost part of my leg.

Folk ask to go home now because they have a headache??????

You’re either a hooker or a WWF wrestler. 

Forklift drivers . Very close on a number of times to doing time for some of these *****.

That thing you do
17 hours ago, Negan said:

I work from home so except my wife bringing breakfast late occasionally and the dog nagging me to play, it's all good.

Not actually a co-worker but the boy that runs the company the floor below us does my head in, he brings his two sausage dogs into the office everyday, one with a 'nervous dog' vest on, he's constantly taking them out to do their business but has to take the lift while the 'nervous' one barks constantly, echoing through the building. Also not once have I ever seen the prick with a poop bag so no doubt the back of the building is just covered in sausage dog crap.

9 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Folk who eat crisps or a messy lunch, lick their fingers then don't wash their hands before touching the Xerox machine, door handles etc, leaving their greasy stinky residues. Don't care if it's their own stuff, but communal stuff urgh.

People who have the volume up on phone alerts shouldn’t be allowed in a shared office. I shared an office with someone who did that. Texts, emails, WhatsApp. And that included work email so it was pinging all day. With a comedy duck noise as his alert noise. 
It lasted a day. 

Der Kaiser
9 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

You’re either a hooker or a WWF wrestler. 

Can't I be both?

:kirk:

14 hours ago, kila said:

Got a cleaner guy, smells like burnt lentil soup, he's been telt upteen times, but still empties the place with his presence, needs telt again...

Guy in my office is the master of the humble brag, really rips my knitting. 

"Oh FFS been picked again to go to Singapore to give a talk, it's just not fair"

GTF ya annoying self obsessed prick. 

Jim_Duncan
40 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Can't I be both?

:kirk:

Whatever your clients pay you to be, I guess. 

I am the annoying work colleague that this thread is about. I'm constantly moaning at the computer and I'm very cynical and facetious. I'm also opinionated and will bitch to anyone who'd lisent 😂

2 hours ago, cheetah said:

Guy in my office is the master of the humble brag, really rips my knitting. 

"Oh FFS been picked again to go to Singapore to give a talk, it's just not fair"

GTF ya annoying self obsessed prick. 

There is someone I work with, well tolerate is more appropriate who is your traditional one upperer. He has a story about anything anyone talks about and his is "better", if you have a black cat he has a blacker cat.

He thinks he will be getting my bosses job next year when he retires. Not a chance, I don't want that job but would apply for it even though I will be in a different role just to stop him getting it. When he had appraisals for the first time with his direct reports he asked them how he was getting on, I believe they all said his management style was awful which it is as while you know it is an order but saying can you do X? It is just good manners, his approach is Do X in a patronising tone.

4 hours ago, Ribble said:

Not actually a co-worker but the boy that runs the company the floor below us does my head in, he brings his two sausage dogs into the office everyday, one with a 'nervous dog' vest on, he's constantly taking them out to do their business but has to take the lift while the 'nervous' one barks constantly, echoing through the building. Also not once have I ever seen the prick with a poop bag so no doubt the back of the building is just covered in sausage dog crap.

Putting a coat on a dog :facepalm:

Bringing a vulnerable dog to your workplace :facepalm:

20 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

There is someone I work with, well tolerate is more appropriate who is your traditional one upperer. He has a story about anything anyone talks about and his is "better", if you have a black cat he has a blacker cat.

He thinks he will be getting my bosses job next year when he retires. Not a chance, I don't want that job but would apply for it even though I will be in a different role just to stop him getting it. When he had appraisals for the first time with his direct reports he asked them how he was getting on, I believe they all said his management style was awful which it is as while you know it is an order but saying can you do X? It is just good manners, his approach is Do X in a patronising tone.

We have ***** exactly like that too, as soon as you tell a story or anything they don't listen and can't wait to tell you how they have done it and done it better and before you. Really awful behaviour. A bit like James in all shed topics 😋

Bull's-eye

Had a manager i had to report to years ago that had Halitosis, guys breath was absolutely rancid. Made my eyes water talking to him. He'd sit and stuff Cheese and Onion sandwiches down his trap at lunch, this made the stench even worse.

No amount of Toothpaste or Listerine smuggled into his bag made any difference, the endless jokes about dead Rats he'd had for breakfast, no change, ended up stabbing him in the back and stealing his job.

😆👍

highlandjambo3
On 25/01/2024 at 13:49, RustyRightPeg said:

Woman I work with just says thing that get on my wick.

'obviously' and 'to be honest' are put into random sentences at random times, like she's programmed to say it.

Also says the same things at the same time every day...colleague walks in wearing heels, here she comes 'clippity cloppity' 

'Thanks awfully' 

Also talks in a really high pitched voice that she puts on...gets to me in case you can't tell.

Generally what time does this happen at?

IMG_5976.jpeg

highlandjambo3

Not a work related thing but still an annoying AF from an old friend.  Hadn’t seen this guy for quite a long time but, he managed to track me down via randomly bumping into my brother in Edinburgh, anyway, at school he was Mr Popular, always joking about, centre of attention type of thing.  

He’s a self employed builder and he moved up to the highlands about a year ago with his partner, they started to pop round fairly often and we would split a beer or two but by fek he’s some Walter Mitty to the point that you actually want to tell him to shut the fk up……if you’ve been to Tenerife he’s been to elevenerife, every single thing you talk about he’s topped it……his gf used to roll her eyes when he started up……they’ve split now and I’ve not heard from him for 6 months 👍

Edited by highlandjambo3