*******Official Hearts v Aberdeen Match Thread*******

Sooperstar

The Wrinkly Ninja
54 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Thought Clancy had a decent game for a change

He missed a foul before they scored and also a blatant handball in their box.

Edited by The Wrinkly Ninja

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

• Marvin

• feej

19 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Yeah, I noticed that too.  They certainly downed tools to get shot of Goodwin, though it took the loss to Darvel then 2 hidings against us and Hibs before Perma-tan Cormack pulled the trigger.

it went 5-0 v us, 1-0 v darvel then 6-0 v hibs

5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

it went 5-0 v us, 1-0 v darvel then 6-0 v hibs

Ah, my memory not what it was.  So losing 5-0 to us wasn't enough to get him the sack, going out of the cup to Darvel neither, but losing 6-0 to Hibs was just too embarrassing a result to accept.

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Thought Clancy had a decent game for a change

He did, I missed our win at Parkhead, where it was mentioned on here that he had another good game.

Only 3 yellows in a very competitive game, not being over officious.

Shooter McGavin

Hope the club upload that 150th Anniversary video they played before the game.

Proper goosebumps watching that.

35 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Yes thought that was very well done

They were right up for Duk coming on to change the game. Shame he made a complete turnip of himself

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Can't believe it's not out there already. That was masterpiece. The Hearts song was sensational. 

As a side point, am I right in thinking that, at no point during today's game, was there a physio on the pitch?

if so, no injuries that needed treatment on the pitch - doesn't happen that often and certainly not in a Hearts v Aberdeen game.

Wee Mikey
19 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Can't believe it's not out there already. That was masterpiece. The Hearts song was sensational. 

But ... that trumpet!!! 😆

Pans Jambo
10 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Have to say, I was a tad dissapointed in todays efforts with the flag ceremony. Yes the trumpet was at best cringeworthy but, I felt the whole affair warranted something a bit bigger. 

I would have had a full pipe band on the pitch (instead of the wee boy band pipe band we got) and unfurled the 150 year flag (at least 3 times the size of the one today and in landscape fashion not portrait) from the stanchions of the new main stand!

That would have been beautiful. Not that shit that was arranged this morning at the last minute by the nightshift cleaner!!!

Edited by Pans Jambo

Wee Mikey
14 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Have to say, I was a tad dissapointed in todays efforts with the flag ceremony. Yes the trumpet was at best cringeworthy but, I felt the whole affair warranted something a bit bigger. 

I would have had a full pipe band on the pitch (instead of the wee boy band pipe band we got) and unfurled the 150 year flag (at least 3 times the size of the one today and in landscape fashion not portrait) from the stanchions of the new main stand!

That would have been beautiful. Not that shit that was arranged this morning by the nightshift cleaner!!!

Aye, it left a lot to be desired.

But ... the trumpet really was a hoot.

I've never played a trumpet, but would back myself to do better.

Very funny.

As for the couple of drummers & piper? Yup, it seemed a bit sparse.

The flag? I don't want to belittle our effort ... but ... deary me!

A right good Gorgie Ultra TIVO representing the sesquicentennial flag would have been soooperb.

Ach weel.

Edited by Wee Mikey

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, SM8 said:

They were right up for Duk coming on to change the game. Shame he made a complete turnip of himself

Looked like he had some turnips stuffed up his shirt.

Pans Jambo
19 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Very funny.

A right good Gorgie Ultra TIVO representing the sesquicentennial flag would have been soooperb.

Ach weel.

Aye, said to the boy…he will be around for the 200th (if he’s lucky) & I hope its a lot better, but I wont (unless the rumour about selling your soul turns out to be true) 👍

20 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Very funny.

Ach weel.

Not a trumpet, a bugle, no valves and very difficult to play! Cut him some slack..bet you couldn't talk in front of over 18,000 folk! Thought the flag and pole looked Gold brothers standard!

WheatfieldWarrior
6 hours ago, RobNox said:

Ah, my memory not what it was.  So losing 5-0 to us wasn't enough to get him the sack, going out of the cup to Darvel neither, but losing 6-0 to Hibs was just too embarrassing a result to accept.

Yep, apparently that's where the line is :)

9 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

By the way, Gordon saves the Miovski disallowed goal.

I think he also saves the first Dundee goal midweek. 

tiger Rudi

Tale of two rookie managers. 

One doing a fantastic job with the ability to change formation and personnel mid game to get a result. Players clearly buying into what he expects. 

The other.............. clueless and tactically naive. What the hell was he doing with those substitutions? Totally gave up midfield and looked like 4.1.5 latterly. Couldn't believe how much space Beni had late on. Shinnie is Aberdeen's Snodgrass. Done OK early doors but disappeared very quickly. 

PapaShango
25 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

I said the same on the Dundee goal. Gordon makes saves that he has no right to save and these are prime examples. I want him back between the sticks asap to be honest. No place for sentiment with Clarke when it could be the difference of a cup win and finishing 3rd.

9 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Sounded like Roy Castle playing a tea pot (one for the older kickbackers)

12 hours ago, milky_26 said:

it seems like some of their fans are worried their players will do a darvel v the rose in the cup

Still bugs me that they caught us last season when they only had 3 points more than they do this season at the same point. 

Opinionated Jambo

IF Aberdeen win their 3 games in hand and that is a big if, then we will be 9 points in front of them I believe. Currently we are 10 points in front of Kilmarnock in 3rd and 13 points in front of St Mirren in 4th. I truly believe the way we are playing just now 3rd place is ours - one hand on it at least. After last season there is always that anxiety of course but if we lose out on 3rd serious questions need answered. 

30 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Sounded like Roy Castle playing a tea pot (one for the older kickbackers)

The bugle incident yesterday was hilarious. Perhaps some fireworks would have been more fitting for the 150th anniversary!

14 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

The, why can't we play great for 90 minutes, brigade really are insufferable. Just enjoy the fact we're cruising in 3rd and our form is as good as the old firm in the last 10 games. 

It's as if they simply see Hearts in a bubble with no opposition input. For me Aberdeen started the game with a fast press all over the pitch and put all our players under huge pressure on the ball, meaning that calm, controlled passing was difficult. We saw that off and by early in the second half Aberdeen were absolutely burst as there was no way to keep that up for 90 minutes. We then took total control of the game and played some lovely stuff as space opened up, aided by a slight tactical tweak from Naisy at half time. It's not just as simple as us playing badly 1st half and great 2nd half.

14 hours ago, ollie2004 said:

I see Robson is questioning why their goal was chalked off, is he serious?

I get that the trip on Beni was accidental but that doesn't stop it being a foul. If Beni isn't tripped, he gets out to the wide Aberdeen player who then then doesn't get the ball into Miovski, so no 'goal' is scored. It's not rocket science, even for a dumpling like Robson.

ArcticJambo
10 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

:lol: This concept that Gordon gets all these wonder strikes that Zander is absolutely nowhere near has to stop. Not just you btw. It was a brilliant finish, was right behind it and no keeper was getting that. Tbf that's from memory.

11 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Very funny.

Ach weel.

Can’t wait for the glamour friendly against Leyton Orient

43 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

:lol: This concept that Gordon gets all these wonder strikes that Zander is absolutely nowhere near has to stop. Not just you btw. It was a brilliant finish, was right behind it and no keeper was getting that. Tbf that's from memory.

Maybe being overly critical, but I think Clark's starting position is a bit questionable. It's a good strike but it was nowhere near the corner and hits the back of the net rather than the side, despite Miovski being at an acute angle. Hardly a blunder but I don't think it's out of the question that Gordon would've saved it.

Screenshot_20240128-104704.png

Screenshot_20240128-104252.png

Chillidigits
2 hours ago, Opinionated Jambo said:

IF Aberdeen win their 3 games in hand and that is a big if, then we will be 9 points in front of them I believe. Currently we are 10 points in front of Kilmarnock in 3rd and 13 points in front of St Mirren in 4th. I truly believe the way we are playing just now 3rd place is ours - one hand on it at least. After last season there is always that anxiety of course but if we lose out on 3rd serious questions need answered. 

Keep an eye on Dundee though. They could be a bet for 4th place.

3 hours ago, Opinionated Jambo said:

Aberdeen will soon be about 30 points behind us

Cant see them getting many points from their 5 fixtures

13 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

4 hours ago, Russ1977 said:

Agreed 

John Findlay

Aberdeen were overall toothless yesterday.

Apart from the Miovski goal that was disallowed, I can't recall Clark having to make a save of note, unlike the keeper at the other end.

Ian Black 8

Always room for improvement especially when starting games slow but the main thing is we are winning games.. nae excuses for losing 3rd place this season 110% should have that secured 🇱🇻🇱🇻

2 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

Clarke wasn't far away from it. Great strike, but someone of Gordon's agility and reach saves it imo.

13 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Only 1 shot on target.

"Could/should have been 0-2 up at HT"

🥴

To be fair you don't need to have shots on target to be in a "could/should" situation. You could have missed umpteen sitters, not the case yesterday right enough as they were gash.

15 hours ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

He missed a foul before they scored and also a blatant handball in their box.

Maybe on the foul, but I think he was letting VAR do its job. Unlike David Munro, he was open to being wrong and when VAR instructed him to review, he did. 

I think Clancy is one of our better referees (if not the best). Fair enough the bar is on the floor, but I do get the feeling he's pretty even handed and not out to make things about him. Versus, Willie Collum, for example. Obviously, from our win in Glasgow against Celtic, he could have just done what every other referee does and give Celtic ever decision, but he seemed very even handed. 

To me, a good referee is one where you cannot question their competence or integrity. I can't do either with Clancy. I can with Collum, Beaton, Munro, Muir etc. 

Captain Sausage
2 hours ago, DC_92 said:

Maybe being overly critical, but I think Clark's starting position is a bit questionable. It's a good strike but it was nowhere near the corner and hits the back of the net rather than the side, despite Miovski being at an acute angle. Hardly a blunder but I don't think it's out of the question that Gordon would've saved it.

Agree with this. Thought at the time Gordon saves that.

I cannot for the life of me understand the controversy around Miovski's goal being ruled out. He fouled Kingsley in the build up which should've been called, then he clearly trips Beni which prevents him from closing down the winger. It's clear as day, and exactly what VAR is there to do.

Also surprised the pen required VAR - another very obvious call which the linesman should've given if Clancy couldn't see it.

Great pen by Grant, wonderful finish by Shankland too.

Robson is an idiot, he had us figured out in the first half, then went more attacking after the break and it gave our midfield a foothold. After that there was only one winner. 

Still think we need to figure out how to control games when the opposition floods the midfield - it's the source of all our shit play. When the game stretches, we look a lot more comfortable.

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

Clarke wasn't far away from it. Great strike, but someone of Gordon's agility and reach saves it imo.

I've seen in now and yeah, quite possibly. I sit high up in the Gorgie and it's a bit difficult to judge 'depth' from a vertical look, I guess. Certaibly Gordon of pre injury anyway, he might just claw it away. Lets hope he's back to his best in the coming months.

DesertDawg
5 hours ago, Opinionated Jambo said:

Let's see where we stand after the next two games in Dundee and Perth.

LarrysRightFoot
3 hours ago, DC_92 said:

Screenshot_20240128-104704.png

Screenshot_20240128-104252.png

One step to his right his view is blocked by Kent (or is it Halkett?). 2 steps to his right and Miovski reverses it into the near post. 

6 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

Tale of two rookie managers. 

One doing a fantastic job with the ability to change formation and personnel mid game to get a result. Players clearly buying into what he expects. 

The other.............. clueless and tactically naive. What the hell was he doing with those substitutions? Totally gave up midfield and looked like 4.1.5 latterly. Couldn't believe how much space Beni had late on. Shinnie is Aberdeen's Snodgrass. Done OK early doors but disappeared very quickly. 

Spot on buddy.

2 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

One step to his right his view is blocked by Kent (or is it Halkett?). 2 steps to his right and Miovski reverses it into the near post. 

kent, halkett only came on in injury time at the end of the game