Forrest

alicante jambo

3 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Brilliant play for dexters header. Want to see more of it from him.

Always busy .

Unsettles defences .

Growing as a player

AlimOzturk

Forrest has been our best attacking threat recently. 

Inspired lately. Hopefully approaching his peak. 

Jamb04life

Has earned his new contract. I like how he is always positive and runs at players. Was surprised he didn’t start but often plays better when coming off the bench to be fair 

brawlad74

Busy and key sub. Great assist but loved his tracking back late on when he cleared dangerous cut back in box. 

saxondale

Two assists tonight. The curse of the contract renewal may not be a thing after all...

Gordon_1874

He's turned himself into one of our most important players recently IMO he should be starting matches.

tartofmidlothian
7 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Excellent tonight. Pity he was offside and didn't get his goal.

This. Only thing missing from his game right now, I reckon he's got plenty in him.

Nessjambo67
10 minutes ago, cunny1874 said:

Not been his biggest fan but we'll done made the difference and needs to keep it up 

Exactly my thoughts tbf so so last season been really inconsistent this season but seems to be coming onto a game I’m pleased for him 

Sprosten Green

Think he’s been playing well for a while and should be starting games

A_A wehatethehibs

Just coming to his peak and growing into the jersey. I believe he’ll continue to improve, because his whole career has been the same pattern, incremental improvements and stepping up level by level. Both he and Shankland are fantastic examples to young players who find themselves in league 1 in their early 20s, you have to put the work in to develop yourself, it takes years. Forrest has put in those years of hard graft and he’s not about to stop. Fantastic mentality.

Has to be said, along with his brother James: Big credit to their parents. Both got great attitude of hard graft, courage and fighting spirit of never giving up. That’s built in by a good family 

Bull's-eye

When he starts he's awful, when he comes on when we're chasing the game he's a handful. 

Can't see that changing tbh. it's becoming the club ethos. 

GarryJ-o-s

Also not been his biggest fan but that’s now same number of goals and more assists than Martin Boyle and same for both as Duk (2G 4A)

ScandinavianJambo

Is growing in confidence and is a forward thinking player who links the team and, as tonight shows, are involved in goals. 

He was good tonight. I was a bit meh about him for a while but he's winning over an old cynic like me. 

Pasquale for King

Unlucky to be dropped, who knows what that starting lineup was all about. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Unlucky to be dropped, who knows what that starting lineup was all about. 

Naisy pointed out he dropped grant and Forrest because of a busy schedule. I expect both to start against Aberdeen on Saturday after listening to him 

Pasquale for King
Just now, KG1874 said:

Naisy pointed out he dropped grant and Forrest because of a busy schedule. I expect both to start against Aberdeen on Saturday after listening to him 

That was a mistake.
Huge choices to be made now all over the pitch now. 

hmfcbilly

Good to see him showing hunger and intent after signing his new deal. Hopefully continues. Won't always come off for him, being a winger, but if he shows the same commitment each game, he'll do alright 

Well done Forrest again, he has upped his game keep it going now. Starting to find that final ball now that he used to make a mess off. 

karipidis
1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

When he starts he's awful, when he comes on when we're chasing the game he's a handful. 

Can't see that changing tbh. it's becoming the club ethos. 

He was motm in the last league game he started 

Very unlucky to be dropped in the first place.

Beat his man pretty much every time and bagged two assists. He’s finding an end product and that was the only thing missing before

Uncle Buck

He’s been absolutely outstanding recently. I’d have been happy to see him go last summer but he’s really turned it around. Almost playing like the Barrie McKay of the 21/22 season.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Delighted for him , he went through a spell where nothing was coming off for him but he never hid and always gave 100% ! Now things are coming off for him and his confidence is growing, brilliant team player 

SectionDJambo

Works really hard in attack and tracking back. Any football fan should love a player who gives 100%. It’s the minimum we expect and Alan Forrest does it every time for me.

Arthur Morgan

Been one of our best players for quite a few weeks now. Credit to him!

Edited by Arthur Morgan

wattie exploited

he always works hard 110 % effort for the jersey am glad he signed a new contract :rifle:

A fantastic impact sub but he simply does not have 90 minutes in him of effective football.

Lost the fans and his own confidence last season due to Robbie playing him everywhere except his best position. LWB at Paisley was quite the call. 🤦‍♂️

Naismith plays him where he can get at the full back. Can go inside or outside and we’re simply a better side this season when he’s on the park. 

Ex member of the SaS

Have to admit I'm not his biggest fan but has played well in the last few games. Work on his crossing and he will be one of the first picks.

PapaShango

Subs made a big impact last night for sure. Naismith said in his post match comments that Grant and Forrest were on the bench ahead of a busy week so you would think both are in line to start against Aberdeen on Saturday. Forrest although no world beater is full of energy, gets the head down and actually takes a player on to try and create. He has 100% improved on his game recently and is now beginning to have an end product. At times he just needs to get his head up a little bit more, but what a ball for the second goal, stood the defender up and put in a peach of a cross. Also refreshing to see a full back in Dexter who knows he has pace, just push it past the full back and whip a ball in. He must have put in 3 or 4 cracking crosses last night as well as a great pass to Shankland in the first half. 

The Mercer Takeover

Made a difference, although Denholm was howling and should never have started.

Couple of crosses and runs but not much else really.

He’s a really good player, hard work, attitude & quickness is now being supplemented with a bit of skill and some better decision making 

karipidis

Naismith seems to be doing what Robbie couldn't, and that is improving players. Forrest, Atkinson, Rowles, Grant have all come on a lot this season, Shanklands all round game has gone up a level, and with a bit of time/patience Vargas, Oda and Neuwenhoff could become key players. 

9 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Made a difference, although Denholm was howling and should never have started.

Couple of crosses and runs but not much else really.

Would it kill you to say something positive?

The Mercer Takeover

Thought Tait made a difference and deserves a weekend start. 

The difference between him and Denholm, is night and day

The Mercer Takeover
11 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

He’s a really good player, hard work, attitude & quickness is now being supplemented with a bit of skill and some better decision making 

"Quickness"

Fozzyonthefence
11 hours ago, karipidis said:

He was motm in the last league game he started 

And in the 2-2 game v Hibs.  Been good in other games he’s started too.  Usual bull-shit from Bull’s-eye!

Edited by Fozzyonthefence