** Scottish Cup fifth round - Airdrie v Hearts Sun 11/2 17:00 - tickets on sale ***

Bazzas right boot

Dougie Masterton
4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

That was Pittodrie I think. 

Clydebank ? 

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• John Findlay

• Mikey1874

2 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Anyone know what their crowd was v St Johnston?

Hoping to get to this one

Can’t find anything for that game but their average gate in the league this season just scrapes 1k per TransferMarkt. Even allowing for a big cup tie home crowd bump we should get a huge allocation.

fabienleclerq
3 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Anyone know what their crowd was v St Johnston?

Hoping to get to this one

Think around 1500 with 1000 away fans

3 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

My cousin’s  partner is a native. Apparently it’s commonly known as Scaredrie. Sensibly, they and their daughter live in Bothwell.

A while back someone on here said the last people to improve the appearance of Airdrie were the Luftwaffe 😳

:lol:

Their MP is tidy tbf

2 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I’ve said this before on here and someone told me the correct order and scores but ive forgotten. Anyway my first away games were at Broomfield and East End. We won both 1-0 and 3-2 (maybe 2-1) I think it was circa 91 under Joe Jordan. 

I was at the 3-2 game midweek gary mackay got the winner I think.  Our bus got tanned parked on a blaze football pitch.  Loads of trouble after it,  police helicopter was even there.  Absolute hell hole of a place

The 95 semi was my first experience of hampden with hearts. Brutal first experience.

Time to correct that. 

13 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

About 40-50 of their hoolies stomped down Gorgie Road and attacked everyone standing around the FOH plaza around 2.30pm that day. Was mostly families/kids. They were well up for a pagger. 

Was just on the news there at lunch time that they attacked a pub on Saturday with St.johnstone fans in it and police are looking at CCTV

Those looneys will be well up for us visiting 

Gorgie_Rules

Stadium holds 10,000, we‘ll get 2,500 by the rules. Their average gate is about 1,800 so they’ll hopefully give us two stands up to 4,000.

Likely fake but there is an image doing the rounds on whatsapp that suggests we’ll be the BBC game the Friday night.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

2 minutes ago, savage said:

I was at the 3-2 game midweek gary mackay got the winner I think.  Our bus got tanned parked on a blaze football pitch.  Loads of trouble after it,  police helicopter was even there.  Absolute hell hole of a place

Just checked it was August 1991, Robbo  x 2 and Ian Baird with the winner

18 minutes ago, martoon said:

As others have suggested memories of Airdrie are not easy to forget.

1991 (a) 1-2, last 32

1992 (Hampden) 0-0, semi final

1992 (Hampden) 1-1, lost on pens, semi final

1995 (Hampden) 0-1, semi final.

At all four and they were brutal and depressing. Even the draw at Hampden was crap. Cheated out of a goal and a tense, even poisonous, atmosphere in the Hearts end.

We didn't fare much better in league games when they were in the Premier at that time either.

Iirc they gave Hibs a hard time too.

The 5-0 in 2020 was good.

They had a few ex- Hearts players back then, Walter Kidd, Kenny Black, Jimmy Sandison. 

9 minutes ago, Serge said:

Airdrie had a good manager back then

Another ex- player/manager Alex MacDonald ...

But as said horrible, horrible games

alicante jambo
1 minute ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Stadium holds 10,000, we‘ll get 2,500 by the rules. Their average gate is about 1,800 so they’ll hopefully give us two stands up to 4,000.

Likely fake but there is an image doing the rounds on whatsapp that suggests we’ll be the BBC game the Friday night.

Whats the dates gorgie?

Gorgierools
1 minute ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Could be fake but their is an image doing the rounds on whatsapp that suggests we’ll be the BBC game the Friday night.

It'll be at Mirren v Celtic. Nap

8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Webbed feet and mono-brows all round.  If you don't look like something out of Carry on Screaming then you're a tourist.

Average life expectancy similar to that of a hamster 

4 minutes ago, theshed said:

Was just on the news there at lunch time that they attacked a pub on Saturday with St.johnstone fans in it and police are looking at CCTV

Footage all over twitter of it. Half a dozen dafties then one of them launches a couple of bottle through the pub door and scarpers. The best thing is one of them wearing a ridiculous coat. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, rmreido said:

They had a few ex- Hearts players back then, Walter Kidd, Kenny Black, Jimmy Sandison. 

Gary Mackay managed them for a short period. 

2 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

that will be one of the viaplay games, not one of the bbc ones

2 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Viaplay will hoover that up with Polis probably dictating it will be a Sunday

Bob Loblaw
5 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

We are playing on the Wednesday so don't think we'll be the Friday game.

coatbridgejambo
2 minutes ago, theshed said:

Some pavement dancing up there most weeks . They will have already started their plan of attack for our visit. Neds a plenty

Saint Jambo
21 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The OF games will obviously be covered live by Viaplay.

Thereafter it's a toss up which games will be on the Beeb.

You can make a case for lower league sides at home to Premiership sides Airdrie v Hearts, ICT v Hibs, Partick v Livingston, Morton v Motherwell, or the outsiders Bonnyrigg away to Aberdeen.

The only game unlikely to be covered is Killie v Brora/Cove

I would think if Brora were to beat Cove Rangers then there is a fair chance that the Killie game will be covered. Lowest ranked team in the competition against a Premiership team is the kind of fixture TV likes.

Aberdeen also feels quite likely to me. That is the game BBC have used to headline their story about the draw on their website. ICT v Hibs might appeal as a potential upset.

I'd say Patrick v Livi and Morton v Motherwell are least likely to be shown.

Still got PTSD from the games in the 90s but it’s a decent draw - could’ve been a lot worse given who was still left to be drawn. Hopefully 3pm on a Saturday and a big Hearts support to see us go through to the quarters. 

The Treasurer
13 minutes ago, savage said:

Remember coming back from Airdrie minus a few bus windows several times 

Saint Jambo
6 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

We are playing on the Wednesday so don't think we'll be the Friday game.

Good point. There is a full midweek card that week. The only games scheduled for the Tuesday are Rangers v Aberdeen and Motherwell v Ross County. With Rangers being picked up by Via Play and Motherwell away to Morton being fairly unexciting, I think very likely Aberdeen will be the Friday game. I guess they could move one of the other Wednesday games to the Tuesday to allow someone else to play on the Friday.

Jack Torrance
10 minutes ago, Zico said:

Still got PTSD from the games in the 90s but it’s a decent draw - could’ve been a lot worse given who was still left to be drawn. Hopefully 3pm on a Saturday and a big Hearts support to see us go through to the quarters. 

Post Traumatic Soccer Disorder? Same here.

They've been known to free up 6k for away supporters of the arse cheeks, I believe. 

No Idle Talk

Airdrie. *shudder*

That brings back some bad memories. Losing to them on penalties in the semi-final of the Scottish Cup was one of the most depressing Hearts matches I have ever watched.

ArcticJambo
30 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

If you are talking about their previous name, Clydebank, then yes, Kilbowie Park was the first all seated stadium. 

This!

Percival King
15 minutes ago, Bainy said:

The 95 semi was my first experience of hampden with hearts. Brutal first experience.

Time to correct that. 

Everything about the replay is a bad memory, pouring with rain day and night, pathetic attendance, horrible opponent, awful result, grim trip home. But I think Celtic in '88 was a sorer defeat. Possibly even St.Mirren as well given who we'd have got in the final. Always hated playing  Airdrie, even in the league. Have a recollection of them beating us at Tynecastle on new year's day in front of a small crowd when we were a really crap yo yo club.

Back to 2005
8 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Good point. There is a full midweek card that week. The only games scheduled for the Tuesday are Rangers v Aberdeen and Motherwell v Ross County. With Rangers being picked up by Via Play and Motherwell away to Morton being fairly unexciting, I think very likely Aberdeen will be the Friday game. I guess they could move one of the other Wednesday games to the Tuesday to allow someone else to play on the Friday.

Can’t see Aberdeen being a tv pick. 

frankblack
2 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Post Traumatic Soccer Disorder? Same here.

They've been known to free up 6k for away supporters of the arse cheeks, I believe. 

This is Clydebank we're playing.  That Airdrie team died like Rangers.

58 minutes ago, rmreido said:

Airdrie away, bad memories of them in the cup, Robbo still talks about the goal, that wasn't given in the semi

And Dave McPhersons header that was chalked off for feck all.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The guy who threw the bottles in has male pattern baldness . Must be an older Airdrie resident like 15 or something . Dont think they generally live much past that 

He'll be easily identified by the local Cops.  He can expect to be doing some jail time for that act of madness.

Hopefully not around when we play them.

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, Percival King said:

Everything about the replay is a bad memory, pouring with rain day and night, pathetic attendance, horrible opponent, awful result, grim trip home. But I think Celtic in '88 was a sorer defeat. Possibly even St.Mirren as well given who we'd have got in the final. Always hated playing  Airdrie, even in the league. Have a recollection of them beating us at Tynecastle on new year's day in front of a small crowd when we were a really crap yo yo club.

We were one nil up at half time and they eventuslly win 3-1 iirc. That was not good for the hangover as it was when I knew we were destined for relegation, again. 

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

Won't be possible.

Scottish cup takes precedence over league matches. 

dannymack
1 hour ago, weegie jambo said:

Airdrie fans are total scummy bigots. Expect plenty of Union Jacks and racist chants.

Dear Airdrie Section B, please could you refrain rom displaying The Union Flag as I'm deeply offended by it. 

Yours sincerely 

Offended by everything. 

Edited by dannymack

8 minutes ago, Yoda said:

He'll be easily identified by the local Cops.  He can expect to be doing some jail time for that act of madness.

Hopefully not around when we play them.

What is he even doing with his life ? Honest to **** , imagine living there . Reminds me of that fat paedo Motherwell fan who assaulted the young Hearts supporter a few years back . What is in the water in Lanarkshire 

1 hour ago, whodanny said:

Pity Robbo's not still there, I bet he'd love another chance to get it up them.

Big Dunc will give them a warm welcome I’m sure!

Mikey1874
20 minutes ago, frankblack said:

This is Clydebank we're playing.  That Airdrie team died like Rangers.

Yep. This is a new era. 'New' stadium too. 

41 minutes ago, rmreido said:

I think it was Kenny Black who scored against us in the '92 replay.

A free kick at our end.

11k that night, iirc, heavy rain and depressing as feck.

Mind you, I think the '95 semi was even worse.

One thing that cannot be in doubt is that we, the fans who lived through all that horror, thoroughly deserved 1998.

No fanbase was more deserving of such a glorious weekend.

millerjames398
30 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

And Dave McPhersons header that was chalked off for feck all.

That one was more obvious at the time than robbos,,didn't realise how far over the line robbos was, till i watched the highlights later that night,,sickening stuff🇱🇻

Silvery_Moon
1 hour ago, 151 said:

Thatl'll do. 

Remember a few of the older fans saying there was some horrible cup games against them.

Scary thinking of myself as an 'older fan' but I was at school during those games in the 90's.

In 1991 they put us out in the 3rd round (that was the round we joined in those days). That was bad enough but worse was to follow. 

The 1992 semi final was 0-0 and went to a replay which ended 1-1 AET. Losing on penalties was Heartbreaking and another kick in the teeth that we went through regularly in those days.

Getting them in the 1995 semi felt a good draw for us - we'd knocked out Rangers and Dundee United (the holders) and an average Celtic and Hibs were in the other semi. Really thought we'd get them that time and losing again to them is one of the worst I've felt after a Hearts game. I'm sure Robbo got sent off as well. A horrible team who had our number in the league as well in 92/93.

Edited by Silvery_Moon

1 minute ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Scary thinking of myself as an 'older fan' but I was at school during those games in the 90's.

In 1991 they put us our in the 3rd round (that was the round we joined in those days). That was bad enough but worse was to follow. 

The 1992 semi final was 0-0 and went to a replay. Losing on penalties was Heartbreaking and another kick in the teeth that we went through.

Getting them in the 1995 semi felt a good draw for us - we'd knocked out Rangers and Dundee United (the holders) and and average Celtic and Hibs were in the other semi. Really thought we'd get them that time and losing again to them is one of the worst I've felt after a Hearts game. I'm sure Robbo got sent off as well. A horrible team who had our number in the league as well in 92/93.

Yeh I mean I was a kid during the 90's also, I more meant older fans as in guys that might have been 20's or 30's during those times would not be classed as the older fan. Was poor wording :lol: just meant I was too young to remember.

• davemclaren changed the title to ** Scottish Cup fifth round - Airdrie v Hearts Sun 11/2 17:00 - tickets on sale ***