Which sport would you love to be a top professional in?

ri Alban

It's a tough choice. NFL, Golf, F1, Fitbaw, Baseball, Cricket, Boxing, UFC etc, Etc...

Probably Golf for me, the least for the most. And not that dangers at the top.

?You

Edited by ri Alban

• ri Alban changed the title to Which sport would you love to be a top professional in?
Samuel Camazzola

Golf. Winning a major is life changing for those who've achieved it but to participate in a Ryder Cup - especially a winning side - looks to be the ultimate. I don't think any event comes close to it nowadays. 

14 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Golf. Winning a major is life changing for those who've achieved it but to participate in a Ryder Cup - especially a winning side - looks to be the ultimate. I don't think any event comes close to it nowadays. 

World cup final of 2022 was half bad.

Bindy Badgy

In terms of quality of life, basketball or baseball are probably best. You'll get a shit load of money without any of the risks that come from sports like MMA and American football. If you want to be left alone, you'll be pretty much anonymous outside of America .

Luge, because you can practice lying in your bed. :) Other than that though anything which forced me to maintain a level of super fitness, which I've never been able to do!

image.png.672bab60023d8e3007f064c95d2b15a2.png

Byyy The Light

Would have to be golf for the longevity, money on offer and anonymity.

Tennis and football definitely up there but shorter careers and more intense on the body.  Golf would definitely take it's toll too but not in the same way.

Being a single F1 driver though...ooooft. 

Footballfirst

Golf for me. The opportunity to travel and compete across the world, a sport that doesn't rely on the extreme levels of fitness of other sports, longevity in participating at the top level into your 40s, then with a bonus of the seniors tour once you hit 50. The ability to continue to play post competitive retirement. Oh, and the money on offer too.

Mikey1874

Table tennis. Beating the Chinese beats nearly every other sporting achievement. Like upstaging Messi. 

I P Knightley

I like playing golf. 

I enjoy visiting nice golf courses.

Being paid to do so and getting on those courses when they're in tip-top condition and then being able to sink a few bevvies, have a shot on the clubhouse puggy and have the attention of groupies - what could be finer? 

Samuel Camazzola
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

World cup final of 2022 was half bad.

Lost its sparkle. Ryder Cup is the ultimate. 🏆 

Bodybuilding. Technically a sport in its own right. I always thought being a tennis player and winning a major slam would be incredible. 

Japan Jambo
18 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Tennis 

hooker in the scrum a close second though? 😁

Bindy Badgy
35 minutes ago, Negan said:

Bodybuilding. Technically a sport in its own right. I always thought being a tennis player and winning a major slam would be incredible. 

Massive health risks associated with this one and the money isn't great compared to other sports. Dorian Yates talks about the negative side of being that big in this interview:

Reckon it would have to be golf for the longevity and not too much in the way of deleterious effects on the body.

Fitba if you could guarantee being of Messi standard!

F1 also appeals. Or skippering one of  those GP boats.

indianajones

Football. The feeling Shanks had in the last derby likely cannot be found anywhere else. 

Middle distance athletics. Would love the feeling of flying around the track, jostling with other athletes and getting every ounce of energy out of my body and muscles.

Shooter McGavin

Golf.

Unbelievable amounts of money up for grabs, sponsors like Rolex and Mercedes heavily involved, travelling around the world in complete luxury, playing the best and most exclusive courses, your career could span 40 years, extremely low risk of serious injury.

Boxing. I love it. Something addictive about putting on the gloves for a dust up, I’d have nae chance though tbh, I can barely finish a spar without getting my lip or nose burst open and I got battered senseless for 6 rounds straight just before Xmas, brain felt like it was rattling about 😂 if a was good enough that would be my dream sport. 

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, KG1874 said:

Boxing. I love it. Something addictive about putting on the gloves for a dust up, I’d have nae chance though tbh, I can barely finish a spar without getting my lip or nose burst open and I got battered senseless for 6 rounds straight just before Xmas, brain felt like it was rattling about 😂 if a was good enough that would be my dream sport. 

Probably the sport I’d chose last 😂, even the good ones end up like total train wrecks towards the end of their careers and when they retire.

Mayweather done it correctly though, made insane amounts of money and took very little damage in the process.

JudyJudyJudy
46 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

hooker in the scrum a close second though? 😁

Oh god yes 👍 

New Town Loafer

Tennis probably. Although being the greatest footballer of all time has to be the crowning achievement in sport.

RustyRightPeg

Golf or Basketball.

Would like to experience the buzz of a massive crowd pop on my Wrestling or Boxing walkout though... 

Football or tennis.

In fact, positively any sport apart from cricket and rugby.

heartgarfunkel

Leg-spinner in cricket.  The talent and lifestyle of Shane Warne without the premature demise. Liz Hurley and all the rest.  Oh, and wrist-spin bowling is a magnificent and mysterious craft!

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Referee - beach volleyball.

Sorry for lowering the tone.

Ladies or men?

3 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Referee - beach volleyball.

Sorry for lowering the tone.

Good on you, enjoy yourself. 

IMG_0801.jpeg

lost in space
7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

IMG_0801.jpeg

Men play beach volleyball?????

Why? Well that's that dream spoiled!!

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

IMG_0801.jpeg

I'm sure that's Claudio Caniggia there 

been here before

Kabbadi, Kabbadi, Kabbadi, Kabbadi, Kabbadi, Kabbadi, Kabbadi, Kabbadi...

Or boxing.

I'd love to be able to do that base jumping or Jump from space. But that's just mental.

Jeffros Furios

I would of loved the lifestyle of travelling around the world playing tennis ..

I used to beat the posh twats regularly when I was in my prime .

Long time ago :sad3:

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Probably the sport I’d chose last 😂, even the good ones end up like total train wrecks towards the end of their careers and when they retire.

Mayweather done it correctly though, made insane amounts of money and took very little damage in the process.

Aye it’s a tough sport. Like you say very few walk away with their pockets full and their wits still about them. I dunno if it’s true but I heard it can take upto 10 years before the effects of being punched In the head start to show. I hate to think how the likes of chisora is gonna be in years to come and he’s talking 2/3 more fights 

6 hours ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Massive health risks associated with this one and the money isn't great compared to other sports. Dorian Yates talks about the negative side of being that big in this interview:

Very true, but I am someone who is into bodybuilding (although i am natural) and only at the start of my journey.

3 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

I would of loved the lifestyle of travelling around the world playing tennis ..

I used to beat the posh twats regularly when I was in my prime .

Long time ago :sad3:

how did you do when you played them at tennis?

Jeffros Furios
17 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

how did you do when you played them at tennis?

Bent them over and gave them a good thrashing .. and they didn't complain :o

henrysmithsgloves
12 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh god yes 👍 

Photoshop your facial image 😆

th-2366987678.jpg

JudyJudyJudy
6 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Photoshop your facial image 😆

th-2366987678.jpg

Heaven 

Vlad Magic

Golf all the way.

I play to a decent standard however miles and I mean miles off being professional standard.

The respect I have for these guys who have hit literally 100 of thousands of balls in the practice area to get where they are is immeasurable.

Complete dedication.

The Ryder Cup is becoming a must watch even for folk not that interested in Golf.