The best drink in the world

rudi must stay

Auld Reekin'
32 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

You load beans in the top container and set the grind to coarse or smooth in 7 different steps (still working out what’s the best).  You can also use pre ground coffee but it has no pre ground container……you need to spoon the ground coffee into a port in the top of the machine and press a button on the bean strength until you see a spoon…….ill just stick to beans.

Sounds good! :icon14:

the posh bit
13 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

When I backpacked around Mexico many years ago, I was amazed at how much beer the locals chucked back on a daily basis, especially in the more rural locations. Nobody ever seemed drunk, though.

I used to work with a wee honey from Mexico. She used to sit in Inverleith park at lunchtime and have a sandwich and a wee can of beer then come back to work and say it was perfectly normal and that it was every ***** else's problem and not hers. 

1 hour ago, the posh bit said:

I used to work with a wee honey from Mexico. She used to sit in Inverleith park at lunchtime and have a sandwich and a wee can of beer then come back to work and say it was perfectly normal and that it was every ***** else's problem and not hers. 

I remember being shocked the first time I worked in a theatre in Germany when we went for lunch as the staff canteen was licensed and all the guys I was working with put away a couple of full strength half litres with their food. Bearing in mind we were in the middle of hefty work with a lot of my side of it at height. I certainly wouldn’t trust myself 10m up a ladder after a couple of pints. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Doing dry January( just about managing ) so it has to be coffee from freshly ground beans, so much better than instant or already ground months ago like you find in the supermarket. 

By The Light..
On 15/01/2024 at 17:01, Benny Klack said:

A pint of Deucher’s IPA in Digger’s post match on a Saturday following a Hearts win ♥️

Although an ice cold Madri at a beach bar in Southern Spain runs this close 😎

IPA post Hearts win defo.

Quite like a cold lager but did you know Madri is from Yorkshire?

According to Ryan McLaughlin, marketing controller at Coors, Madrí’s branding is inspired by nineteenth-century Spain and ‘the progressive spirit of modern Madrid’. But let’s shatter those Spanish-soaked lager dreams: Madrí isn’t made in Madrid, as the name might suggest. It’s not made in Spain at all, for that matter. It’s actually brewed at various sites in the UK, including Yorkshire. 

‘No one who comes in here from Spain has ever heard of it,’ says Haye. ‘They’ll ask: “Why has that got Madrid on it?”’ But the British lager drinkers? Lapping it up, he tells us. Every last drop. 

‘Madrí is a completely manufactured and invented brand,’ says Pete Brown, an expert in beer trends and author of ‘Clubland: How the Working Men’s Club Shaped Britain’. ‘It’s purely a marketing reflex exercise. And it’s probably the best [marketing campaign] we’ve seen since Peroni.’

Peroni was the drink that made Continental lager cool, if you didn’t know. And to follow suit, Heineken poured a shitload of money into Birra Moretti, and Carlsberg did the same for San Miguel. ‘If someone’s got a lager with branding that’s doing really well, then all the other big groups copy it,’ Brown explains. ‘They want a share of the action.’ And thus we entered a new era. A sizzling hot new category entered the trade: ‘Mediterranean lager’. 

What is Madrí Lager? And Why is it Suddenly in Every British Pub? (timeout.com)

Madri is really nothing to write home about.

It's in a poncy wee can, quite weak and definitely overpriced for what it is.

Dawnrazor
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Madri is really nothing to write home about.

It's in a poncy wee can, quite weak and definitely overpriced for what it is.

Exactly, a bang average lager is all it is.

Seaside Dave
On 14/01/2024 at 21:09, rudi must stay said:

For me right now has to be Mountain Dew

😳😳😳 Now you need id to purchase it in sainsburys 🤣🤣🤣

The White Cockade

Amarula 

Drambuie

Amaretto

Cold fresh milk

Nice cup of tea

7 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

4-BAB98-D2-8820-4087-B6-D0-978-DDB3-A02-

I'm a Guinness drinker but this sort of nonsense makes you realise why so many people think it's a drink for tossers. 

Angel eyes
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I'm a Guinness drinker but this sort of nonsense makes you realise why so many people think it's a drink for tossers. 

Is it? I got image of another forum don’t drink Guinness so non the wiser