Structural engineers

jambolass1000

jambolass1000

Any fellow jambos got experience in structural engineering I would like to ask a question if there is please. TIA

indianajones
2 minutes ago, jambolass1000 said:

Any fellow jambos got experience in structural engineering I would like to ask a question if there is please. TIA

Heaps judging by the hotel thread. 

51 minutes ago, jambolass1000 said:

Id ask anyway, bound to be loads of  experts that have played structural engineer manager. 

1 hour ago, jambolass1000 said:

My son is or a civil, can never remember.  :D

Edited by ri Alban

3 hours ago, jambolass1000 said:

My job title is Structures Engineer but its for railway assets such as bridges and tunnels etc. If I can help I'll try.

il Duce McTarkin
3 hours ago, jambolass1000 said:

Just do it yourself. If it looks alright to your eye then it probably is.

il Duce McTarkin
21 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

ffs, what's your question?!

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

been here before
2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Ask Victorian, he's an expert on everything.

Absolutely the 'go to man' for every subject posted on here. From geo politics to structutal engineering, from gangsters popping caps in Granton to the Horizon Post office scandal and a hundred other subjects in between, there is truĺy nothing he isnt an authority on.

49 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

African or European?

Der Kaiser

I may be able to assit......I've completed some large scale lego builds.

Lego baseplate 11024 is a great place to start if we're talking about foundations.

JudyJudyJudy

An optimist will tell you the glass is half-full; the pessimist, half-empty; and the engineer will tell you the glass is twice the size it needs to be.

Hi Jambolass,

I may be able to help although I only answer questions face to face or on zoom, Naked.

Get in touch if you still need help.

Edited by Herbert.

2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

An optimist will tell you the glass is half-full; the pessimist, half-empty; and the engineer will tell you the glass is twice the size it needs to be.

A realist will tell you. An empty glass filled hallway,  is half full. An empty glass filled top the top, is full. A full glass emptied halfway, is half empty. 

Edited by ri Alban

23 hours ago, jambolass1000 said:

I have a decent grasp of construction if it's pointers you're looking for.

Foundations mostly.

Lots of things are standard practice and information on typical construction is easily accessed.

What's the question fellow Jambo?

AlimOzturk
18 hours ago, been here before said:

Absolutely the 'go to man' for every subject posted on here. From geo politics to structutal engineering, from gangsters popping caps in Granton to the Horizon Post office scandal and a hundred other subjects in between, there is truĺy nothing he isnt an authority on.

Yup. A genius amongst men. 

18 hours ago, been here before said:

I thought that was Cade. :D