Sugar - the devils food?

Morgan

Dawnrazor
10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

At what age will he move on to cider?

I don’t think wee coos ever drink cider, they can't get the tops of the bottles or open the ring pull on a tin as they've no thumbs, honestly Morgan, you really should think a bit before you post a reply.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dawnrazor

• ri Alban

• Morgan

• JudyJudyJudy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unknown user
5 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

With natural honey. 

yum. 

Yep, and Greek yoghurt

14 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Porridge Oats is the only way for breakfast. 

Hate porridge, is Ready Brek ok? 😂

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Sugars horrendous for us. 

Eggs are the best for breakfast. Heaps of butter. 

Scrambled egg on toast :thumb:

indianajones
5 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Scrambled egg on toast :thumb:

Oft.

Eggs cooked with bacon fat. 

Dawnrazor
8 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Hate porridge, is Ready Brek ok? 😂

I do like Ready Brek!

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Sugars horrendous for us. 

Eggs are the best for breakfast. Heaps of butter. 

Butter's pretty bad for us too.

indianajones
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Butter's pretty bad for us too.

Butter is nowhere near as bad for you as sugar. Its pretty good for you in the right amounts. 

Unknown user
20 hours ago, Spellczech said:

At least Gu come in a defined portion size - same cannot be said for things like Sticky Toffee Puddings...

We need to get back to eating butter rather than margarine, and try to avoid puddings and sweets entirely.

If the Govt was serious about obesity they would ban confectionary - none of the confectioners are UK companies anymore anyway...

What's wrong with margarine?

Dawnrazor
21 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Butter is nowhere near as bad for you as sugar. Its pretty good for you in the right amounts. 

And has to better than "Spreads".

I’ve always been under the impression that butter is really bad for you, and laden with calories.

Is this not the case?

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Speak to any chef...

Most chefs don't know their bawsack from their backpack, but that's by the by! I haven't heard this for a while so I'm wondering if there's something new. As posted elsewhere;

FB_IMG_17052392603302.thumb.jpg.00bce3a0f2e177b8f1e50027478a185c.jpg

17 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The worrying thing for you is your phone went straight to milf.

Ya fecking deviant 😂😂

:D

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Good old myth that Butter is better than Margarine.

You can’t cook properly with margarine. Or even butter spreads like Lurpak Spreadable. 

21 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I’ve always been under the impression that butter is really bad for you, and laden with calories.

Is this not the case?

Yes, it is. Same with cows milk and cheese. Diary is the devil's work.

Along with bread and potatoes. 

hughesie27
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

You can’t cook properly with margarine. Or even butter spreads like Lurpak Spreadable. 

That's not really relevant to which is seemingly more or less healthy though.

That's what I meant by "better".

Edited by hughesie27

Just now, hughesie27 said:

That's not really relevant to which is seemingly more or less healthy though.

That's what I meant by "better".

When I’m cooking something that involves butter health is the last thing in my mind 😀

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Yes, it is. Same with cows milk and cheese. Diary is the devil's work.

Along with bread and potatoes. 

So, is this a carb thing with you, ri?

Is margarine still a thing. Thought it was a cheap option for the folk like me , back in pre 90s.

One of the golden rules- If it tastes good, it's bad for you.

Not always.

:oohmatron:

Just now, Morgan said:

So, is this a carb thing with you, ri?

Yes. Thrown alcohol.  Useless cards, that only bring ill health. 

Only carbs you should eat are fruit, vegetables and oats. And get loads of nuts down you. Not human nuts, obvious. 

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Not always.

:oohmatron:

That's not a golden rule. :D

Only carbs you should eat are fruit, vegetables and oats. And get loads of nuts down you. Not human nuts, obvious. 

@JudyJudyJudy?

We need an opinion on this one?

:wink: 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Feck that!

:cheers:

52 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Is this not the case?

Laden with calories and saturated fats. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Cutting back on refined sugars does lead to more sustained energy throughout the day, I can vouch for that. Your taste buds improve too and you taste sweetness in things like black coffee without having to load on the sugar. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Is this not the case?

Yes butter is very fatty but improves so many dishes by using it instead of olive oil . However I tend to try less oil : byrrr as possible and cook food in theit natural oils/ juices / etc . A juicey steak fried in garlic butter !! Yummy 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Cutting back on refined sugars does lead to more sustained energy throughout the day, I can vouch for that. Your taste buds improve too and you taste sweetness in things like black coffee without having to load on the sugar. 

I try to avoid sugar as much as possible luckily I’m a savoury person but you have to be careful of hidden sugar in anything . 

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I try to avoid sugar as much as possible luckily I’m a savoury person but you have to be careful of hidden sugar in anything . 

I love savoury things too but if they come in the form of crisps and biscuits they can be bad for you as well as the high carbs are turned to glucose in the gut. Cheese I do love though and over consume it on too many occasions. Peanut and other nut butters are good savoury options to go for but not the cheap ones that have added sugar and palm oils.

12 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes butter is very fatty but improves so many dishes by using it instead of olive oil . However I tend to try less oil : byrrr as possible and cook food in theit natural oils/ juices / etc . A juicey steak fried in garlic butter !! Yummy 

As long as you add the butter at the last minute and baste the steak with it. Otherwise the garlic burns and tastes bitter. 

JudyJudyJudy

As long as you add the butter at the last minute and baste the steak with it. Otherwise the garlic burns and tastes bitter. 

Yes sorry should have said that . Thought people might know that as butter burns very quickly 

Load on the butter, get the garlic tae feck 🤣

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I love savoury things too but if they come in the form of crisps and biscuits they can be bad for you as well as the high carbs are turned to glucose in the gut. Cheese I do love though and over consume it on too many occasions. Peanut and other nut butters are good savoury options to go for but not the cheap ones that have added sugar and palm oils.

Snap ! Crisps and cheese for me too , I really need to get rid of cheese out my diary due to health issues but I’d miss it . Last night I made some nachos covered in cheese , tomato salsa ( home made ) olives , and mayonnaise . Totally fattening but heck it tasted fabulous . Was a wee treat really . Every thing in moderation 

9 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

IMG_6942.gif

Nothing wrong with that, like.  :biggrin2:

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Morgan said:

Nothing wrong with that, like.  :biggrin2:

😂😂😂 naughty 👿 

39 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Laden with calories and saturated fats. 

Sounds great.

Not.

13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes sorry should have said that . Thought people might know that as butter burns very quickly 

Any time I buy butter I always set some of aside and make my own garlic butter and store it in the fridge, make sure the chunks of garlic are a decent size to my my tastes and a damn sight cheaper than buying it pre-made. 

Refined sugar (the stuff you buy in a bag in the supermarket) is perfectly ‘natural’ it’s just that it’s pure carbohydrate - in this case sucrose.  It’ll give you energy but that’s all it’s ‘empty calories’ there are no vitamins or minerals in it.  Any pure sugar is the same, but if it’s from fruit (fructose) or honey (maltose) there will be other vitamins and minerals along with it in the fruit or honey that are beneficial.  

Sucrose (table sugar) is particularly bad for your teeth because it can be turned by a type of bacteria in your mouth into a plaque which sticks to your teeth and (like other sugars) is metabolised into an acid which causes decay.

Edited by FWJ

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Any time I buy butter I always set some of aside and make my own garlic butter and store it in the fridge, make sure the chunks of garlic are a decent size to my my tastes and a damn sight cheaper than buying it pre-made. 

Yep. Ive just started doing this with various dressing for salads. So simple to make and healthier and cheaper than bottles of dresssings. 

il Duce McTarkin
50 minutes ago, Pap said:

Butter lubes my arteries for the fat to slide down.

:sweeet:

:sweeet:

1894208545_download(8).jpeg.2189b86283c2a18df36d49452d37eb45.jpeg