*** official match thread - the Spartans v Heart Of Midlothian ***

Hampden Demolition

Wee Mikey
28 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

[... ST holder, FOH contributor- yep as am I.  ...]

Well, that makes 3 of us.

Ps ... @Bazzas right boot cannae abide H1b5.

He, unlike many others, was at the last derby match, witnessed Shankland's late winner, and went heime a happy laddie.

By all means castigate him for certain 'Bob' posts, but, for heaven's sake, he's ❤️s through and through ... and quite a funny & erudite fella in real life.

Feel free to reply with a 'bromance' meme.

😆

Edited by Wee Mikey

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• iantjambo

• Wee Mikey

• Hearts007

Mackem Midlothian
9 hours ago, Wilson Wood, Would You? said:

Had to google that!🤔

I think it's what these young, Ultra types, call a procession.

1971fozzy
9 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Well, that makes 3 of us.

Ps ... @Bazzas right boot cannae abide H1b5.

He, unlike many others, was at the last derby match, witnessed Shankland's late winner, and went heime a happy laddie.

By all means castigate him for certain 'Bob' posts, but, for heaven's sake, he's ❤️s through and through ... and quite a funny & erudite fella in real life.

Feel free to reply with a 'bromance' meme.

😆

i was at the last derby too. But can’t have an opinion apparently. I’ll leave it there. 

Malinga the Swinga
4 hours ago, OBE said:

Doesn't have to, already a Spartan legend...fare chuffed for the guy...😄

A legend for scoring a goal in a defeat. Pretty low standard of legend then. 

Wee Mikey
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I'd gie ma hind teeth tae score in a cup tie.

Free 🍺s in the ️ Inn for that lad. 🙃

5 hours ago, maltese jambo said:

Hopefully Naismith has learned a lot about the Japanese two...simply not good enough at this (rather low) level. Time to free up two wages.

5 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I don't think it'll be easy to off load them.

I can see a Loic Damour and Maluray Martin scenario where we have to loan our two Japanese duds for the next couple of seasons , I’d be surprised if anyone would give us money for either 

Mackem Midlothian
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

out of order ? All he does is drum on about his Bob, though not recently funnily enough. He must be gutted. 
ST holder, FOH contributor- yep as am I.  But according to him I’m  an angry ****  but I still didn’t want hibs to beat rangers in that cup final. 
as usual he thinks his words are gospel and everyone else is wrong. Doesn’t quite get the concept of folk having an opinion 

What? Someone on here was supporting Hibs that day?

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Yeah, I'm coming to the conclusion that both Oda & Tagawa  are just not suited to Scottish football.   Admittedly astroturf isn't a fair way to judge them, but even on grass their end product is poor most of the time.    Isn't one of them on a 4 year contract ?  

Could be wrong, but its possible our recruitment team saw Kyogo & Maeda doing well at Celtic and assumed the J league was full of similar guys who would immediately adapt to the SPL.

the missing part of that jigsaw is a coach who spoke Japanese and understands the culture. 

Lone Striker
25 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

the missing part of that jigsaw is a coach who spoke Japanese and understands the culture. 

True.👍  The knowledge and influence of Ange  was key.  He knew these 2 guys already.

Scott Leitch
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

out of order ? All he does is drum on about his Bob, though not recently funnily enough. He must be gutted. 
ST holder, FOH contributor- yep as am I.  But according to him I’m  an angry ****  but I still didn’t want hibs to beat rangers in that cup final. 
as usual he thinks his words are gospel and everyone else is wrong. Doesn’t quite get the concept of folk having an opinion 

Wanted Hibs winning the cup for the first time since 1902 as he didn't want Rangers winning anything. 

Fast forward to this season and he states he doesn't care who wins a final between Rangers and Aberdeen 😂

2 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Wanted Hibs winning the cup for the first time since 1902 as he didn't want Rangers winning anything. 

Fast forward to this season and he states he doesn't care who wins a final between Rangers and Aberdeen 😂

Any TEAM Every time against either cheek even if it doesn't completely suit us

Pasquale for King
59 minutes ago, Mackem Midlothian said:

No he says he wanted Rangers to lose, that’s different according to him 🤪?!?!

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, brownkg said:

Nah the only time I want the uglies to win is against Hibs. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
5 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

Not sure what kudos the recruitment team get from the signing, he was passed to us by Davie Weir as Brighton had been watching him for a year before deciding not to pursue him. 

Is it just a thing that the recruitment team get criticised for signing’s that don’t work out but either get no praise for successes or we find someone else to attribute those to.

What a negative approach to things 

Life’s too short mate. 

CostaJambo
10 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Is it just a thing that the recruitment team get criticised for signing’s that don’t work out but either get no praise for successes or we find someone else to attribute those to.

What a negative approach to things 

Life’s too short mate. 

Just stating a fact. Chill out mate, it's the week-end and we won today.

Worthing Jambo
10 hours ago, OBE said:

Fluke strike...🤣 that was calculated and the execution was sublime.

They had a player in that position for every corner they had. Must have identified it as a weakness in the defence that potentially could be exploited.

5 hours ago, Worthing Jambo said:

They had a player in that position for every corner they had. Must have identified it as a weakness in the defence that potentially could be exploited.

Thanks, thought I was the only one that clocked that...👍

frankblack
10 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

To be fair, Hibs are that bad their legends are players of other clubs who got a result vs us.... 

Paul Shark
18 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Seriously mate. Football is not for you. Try something else. 

Grant's pish and that's why Naismith's getting a lower league journeyman in to replace him. Stick at it though mate 👍

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Why didn't we cup tie Shankland.  I'll my arse. 

If he ends up at The Rangers this window I'll probably implode with seethe. We would have been lied to. 

Our board wouldn't do that though. 

Would they? 

15 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Eh, Vargas has scored 4 in 4 (including the bounce game) and played really well today. So, well done to the recruitment team for that surely?

If you are happy with our attacking options, other than Shankland, that’s up to you, I will state my concerns thanks

Mackem Midlothian
10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

No he says he wanted Rangers to lose, that’s different according to him 🤪?!?!

😂

10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nah the only time I want the uglies to win is against Hibs. 

This.

11 hours ago, brownkg said:

**** that. They wanted us dead and some of them went out of their way to try to make it happen. I hate the Old Firm but them beating Hibs in a Final is always the lesser of two evils.

35 minutes ago, Mackem Midlothian said:

😂

This.

**** that. They wanted us dead and some of them went out of their way to try to make it happen. I hate the Old Firm but them beating Hibs in a Final is always the lesser of two evils.

All clubs have their default allocation of roasters us included but we are bigger and better than the few ultra nutjobs from 11 years ago .let the past go. By taking the stance you do you are in fact shoring up the hegemony that controls Scottish football to the disadvantage to all other clubs. Unless you are an overt supporter of either cheek you need to see the bigger picture that ANYTHING and ANY TEAM that upsets the .cheeks is a better outcome for Scottish football as a whole.

Gundermann

Spartans FB page has 189 foties of the event including good shots of the goals and proof of Tagawa touching the ball.

FB_IMG_1705832372795.thumb.jpg.221fb0fe461f4b1ff731e979852aea22.jpg

Bazzas right boot
15 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

i was at the last derby too. But can’t have an opinion apparently. I’ll leave it there. 

You can, it's just wrong and a bit silly on this occasion.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Sarah O said:

If he ends up at The Rangers this window I'll probably implode with seethe. We would have been lied to. 

Our board wouldn't do that though. 

Would they? 

No way of proving lies tho.

If we sell Shankland next week , the bid could have came in on Monday or Tuesday.

The Goalscoring Knee
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Why didn't we cup tie Shankland.  I'll my arse.

Had to read that twice. 😉 Still wondering what you're planning for your arse.

gordon simpson
23 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

if you cost a lot of money, and are on a big wage you have to be able to take these chances .  If they can’t deal with the expectation then they shouldn’t be here 

aye your spot on lets knock every bit of confidence oot the young foreign laddies   

jambo since 1960

Thought yesterday was a great day out at a typical early round cup tie.

Great wee ground & friendly fans trying to make a positive impact in their community.

Only downside was the morons shaming us by displaying an Ulster flag. If any flag should be displayed by us is the Scottish one which is integral to our badge and clearly indicates where  our loyalties should lie.

30 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

No way of proving lies tho.

If we sell Shankland next week , the bid could have came in on Monday or Tuesday.

If Shankland goes to another Scottish team next week, it's not an unrealistic grab at straws to presume some half truths had been spun. 

Too much of a coincidence. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

If Shankland goes to another Scottish team next week, it's not an unrealistic grab at straws to presume some half truths had been spun. 

Too much of a coincidence. 

Maybe,  but maybe no bids atm, maybe he has the cold and clubs could bid next week- it's not a stretch either.

Either way, whatever will be will be.

On 20/01/2024 at 12:27, RedStarRiot said:

Reminds me of that keeper a few years back in the FA cup who ate a pie during the match and got in bother for betting rules breaches. 

Burridge of FFFHibs was also noted to have done that . 

1 hour ago, jambo since 1960 said:

Thought yesterday was a great day out at a typical early round cup tie.

Great wee ground & friendly fans trying to make a positive impact in their community.

Only downside was the morons shaming us by displaying an Ulster flag. If any flag should be displayed by us is the Scottish one which is integral to our badge and clearly indicates where  our loyalties should lie.

100% this.....just how any one could construe thoughts to strongly link Ulster to Hearts is baffling .,.,.,.,especially if its purely for the old 70s/80s BS linked to Celtic/Rangers which many of our fans thought was pertinent at the time. Mind you there are some clowns still of that frame of mind.....maybe instilled by their dads ?  

avhudtheteeshirt

How many bookings did Gollum give yesterday?

Some of the challenges going in were to say the least tasty!

If Hearts players were to make the same challenges, I believe we would have been given at least 3 yellows?

During the game, I was more worried about our injury list getting bigger as Gollum did nothing to stop them banging our players???

Gundermann
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

👍

Norrie's a good guy.

Gundermann
4 hours ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Had to read that twice. 😉 Still wondering what you're planning for your arse.

😆

The Fist of Gorgie perhaps?

4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Maybe,  but maybe no bids atm, maybe he has the cold and clubs could bid next week- it's not a stretch either.

Either way, whatever will be will be.

Don't you dare try and get in the way of me shaking with rage at something that might not transpire. 

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Don't you dare try and get in the way of me shaking with rage at something that might not transpire. 

Are you shaking enough?

More shaking required imo.

Mackem Midlothian
9 hours ago, brownkg said:

All clubs have their default allocation of roasters us included but we are bigger and better than the few ultra nutjobs from 11 years ago .let the past go. By taking the stance you do you are in fact shoring up the hegemony that controls Scottish football to the disadvantage to all other clubs. Unless you are an overt supporter of either cheek you need to see the bigger picture that ANYTHING and ANY TEAM that upsets the .cheeks is a better outcome for Scottish football as a whole.

That's all very noble, but the most intense rivalries in football are usually those with teams that are closest to each other. As I say, I can't stand the Uglies and support anyone else against them, but not Hibs.

Huge structural change is needed in Scottish Football to do something about the duopoly it has been for decades. Hibs winning that final did not move the dial one millimetre on ending the Old Firm dominance. What it did do was give our closest rivals a huge boost financially and morally.

Out of interest, are you from outside of Edinburgh?

Edited by Mackem Midlothian

Silvery_Moon
13 minutes ago, Mackem Midlothian said:

That's all very noble, but the most intense rivalries in football are usually those with teams that are closest to each other. As I say, I can't stand the Uglies and support anyone else against them, but not Hibs.

Huge structural change is needed in Scottish Football to do something about the duopoly it has been for decades. Hibs winning that final did not move the dial one millimetre on ending the Old Firm dominance. What it did do was give our closest rivals a huge boost financially and morally.

Out of interest, are you from outside of Edinburgh?

Having witnessed Hibs fans celebrate the 3rd May each year and singing 'Albert Kidd' etc. at us why would any Hearts fan want them to win anything? That's without even mentioning the muppets who tried to derail our exit from administration. 

The question at the end is a good one though. I have previously come across Hearts fans who don't live in Edinburgh take that stance with regards to preferring Hibs over the old firm. 

Mackem Midlothian
1 minute ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Having witnessed Hibs fans celebrate the 3rd May each year and singing 'Albert Kidd' etc. at us why would any Hearts fan want them to win anything? That's without even mentioning the muppets who tried to derail our exit from administration. 

The question at the end is a good one though. I have previously come across Hearts fans who don't live in Edinburgh take that stance with regards to preferring Hibs over the old firm. 

:spoton:

The bitterness from those pricks means I wouldn't want to give them anything.

Great point about Albert Kidd too. He's more of a hero to them than he is even to Celtic.

Yes, those born or living outside of Edinburgh just don't seem to get it.

22 hours ago, Mackem Midlothian said:

Not this again. It’s been done to death. He hates the OF more than the wee team like a lot of us do so we’ll just leave it there. 

Mackem Midlothian
5 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Not this again. It’s been done to death. He hates the OF more than the wee team like a lot of us do so we’ll just leave it there. 

I was surprised to see someone on here was supporting our local rivals in a Cup Final so asked the question. In future I'll run anything past you before posting though, thanks for the heads up.