Inverness Close on Elliot!

DC_92

I agree, we should be signing better quality foreign players AND good Scottish players. I'm not saying we should DEFINATELY be signing Niculae, I just feel he could offer us a bit more upfront than we've had recently, he's played for a few decent clubs in the past and he's only 27, winning medals with them and scoring goals (13 I think!)at International level. With Shabba being a fellow countryman, just thought he might have an interest in him and we get Elliot a move that he wanted at the end of last season.

Not knocking you mate, simply disagreeing.:)

I'm going to send them an email and alert them to the availability of Russel Anderson.

You never know!

I'm going to send them an email and alert them to the availability of Russel Anderson.

Please don't. He's absolutely pesh. :sad:

Who would you suggest, Therapist?

Jambonian has got the right idea, they are guaranteed to take notice. It won't be some random woman that will read the email, it'll be Csaba.

Christ!! can't believe it, i actually agree with Theapist on this one! Hang on....did someone say there's a full moon?

It's a good move. His time at Hearts has gone stale but I've got a feeling he might actually do alright at ICT. The boy's got talent in there somewhere but having the fans of the team he supports booing him every time he touched the ball was never going to help him come good. A shame.

I wish him luck.

# The more I think about the more I think Elliot got a rough deal with the hearts fans. Look at Sebo. Sh i te. But the Huns got behind him and towards the end he did no bad.

Think on. Think on.

For the record, i've just e-mailed Tynecastle and asked if there was any chance of signing Niculae as well as look at a few more within our own League. No doubt I'll not hear back from them but, if anything and if the right person reads it, it might make them think about targeting good young Scottish players (as well as someone like Niculae)instead of bombarding us with a load of duffers like the last 2 years or so.

Hearts actually signed Skacel because of me. I emailed Hearts to say Skacel would be a good signing and then they signed him. Got sent a thank you email from George Burley for the recommendation.

It's only a matter of time before Brewster pumps Elliot.

Funny that I heard brewsters prefers to pump boys ;)

Ibrahim Tall
I agree, we should be signing better quality foreign players AND good Scottish players. I'm not saying we should DEFINATELY be signing Niculae, I just feel he could offer us a bit more upfront than we've had recently, he's played for a few decent clubs in the past and he's only 27, winning medals with them and scoring goals (13 I think!)at International level. With Shabba being a fellow countryman, just thought he might have an interest in him and we get Elliot a move that he wanted at the end of last season.

I'm pretty sure we had a foreign international striker last year who'd scored goals with quite a few big clubs in the past and was still only 24...

not sure if you knew and that's why you posted that but it is a full moon :)

I was at work saying it must be a full moon cos all the customers were lunatics. Seems I was right!

Commander Harris

slightly off-topic but I'd agree with Csaba here: "So I must send this message to the fans – forget everything, it is a new season and we have to stick together"

yes a lot of pish has gone by in the last couple of seasons but although the players are not blameless we must remember the circumstances that this happened in. I think it's fair to give everyone a clean slate and judge them again on what will(hopefully!) be a far better environment for everyone.

Agreed.

I thought Elliot showed great promise at one stage. Then, and I'm not sure why, the boo boys got on his case and absolutely slaughtered him.

I'm not sure whether Elliot just hasn't progressed as a player, or the boo boys have absolutely wrecked his confidence.

If he goes, I wish him all the best.

I remember when we were signing the bosnian sprinter that someone linked in a forum from Belgium where they were saying what a player and prospect Elliot is!

I hope its only on loan and he can gain some confidence........ hopefully brewster can teach him a thing or two....

i can see him coming back to haunt us if we sell him....

Charlie-Brown
I remember when we were signing the bosnian sprinter that someone linked in a forum from Belgium where they were saying what a player and prospect Elliot is!

I hope its only on loan and he can gain some confidence........ hopefully brewster can teach him a thing or two....

i can see him coming back to haunt us if we sell him....

It is only a loan deal that is being proposed according to the scotsman article

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/288371529?-347

I am disappointed it is a loan deal and feel that we have nothing to gain by sending him out on loan.

IMO, if he goes to ICT on loan, they will decide not to buy him at the end of the loan deal, and we will be back in this situation next summer.

Of course, it is your right to email the club with suggestions. However, I for one hope they discard that one. ICT have turned down ?400,000 for him, I would suggest it will take nearer to ?700,000/?800,000 for him. He would be expensive wages wise, and he was not exactly a scoring god last year was he?

A lot of money for a striker that did not score many goals. If we were to sign him, the time was LAST summer when he was free and available.

I would welcome them signing more Scottish players (if they are good ones) but would have no issue with them signing good players from other countries, Uganda for example.

We need good players, irrespective of nationality.

He scored 10 goals , which was better than anyone at Tynecastle could do apart from Vellicka, who was sold about half way through the season and still finished up our top scorer.

He scored 10 goals , which was better than anyone at Tynecastle could do apart from Vellicka, who was sold about half way through the season and still finished up our top scorer.

Unfortunately, our strikers are not worth comparing with.

Archived