Seaside Dave

AlimOzturk
37 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

😔😔

How Are you today Dave?

Seaside Dave
5 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

How Are you today Dave?

Yea I've had a few decent days. Spoke to doctor who forwarded me onto a mental health advisor. Got myself off nightshift and working day shifts from next week so hopefully they help too. Opened up to wife. Only things I haven't done is contact connect counselling who do zoom one on ones. I'm a bit anxious about that stuff. 

Thanks for asking though it means a lot. Also thanks to anyone who's listed any sort of advice in this topic 

il Duce McTarkin
9 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

You need to let it out. Before it spirals.

My ex brother in law and uncle to my two laddies hung himself in the early hours of Sunday morning in their nanas back garden in the tree they used to play in. It is literally two minutes from my flat.

He leaves behind a nine year old boy. Horrific.

😔

the posh bit
9 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

You need to let it out. Before it spirals.

My ex brother in law and uncle to my two laddies hung himself in the early hours of Sunday morning in their nanas back garden in the tree they used to play in. It is literally two minutes from my flat.

He leaves behind a nine year old boy. Horrific.

That's horrible. What a tragic thing for everyone to have to come to terms with. 😔

AlimOzturk
1 hour ago, Seaside Dave said:

Yea I've had a few decent days. Spoke to doctor who forwarded me onto a mental health advisor. Got myself off nightshift and working day shifts from next week so hopefully they help too. Opened up to wife. Only things I haven't done is contact connect counselling who do zoom one on ones. I'm a bit anxious about that stuff. 

Thanks for asking though it means a lot. Also thanks to anyone who's listed any sort of advice in this topic 

Seems like you’ve made some good positive steps. Well done bud. 

My mental health is completely down the drain again.

Last....4-5 months just a steady decline. Recognise the signs. I can feel it. Every day just eating away at me. I've been here before and I know where it leads. Last time I managed to catch myself and spent a couple of years on medication. It helped, It bought me time to make a lot of changes. Got off nightshift into a new job. Moved house to a new village. Tried to right a few other wrongs along the way. About a year and a half ago I felt good and got off the medication. 

All gone to hell again though. 

Psychedelicropcircle
22 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

💪🏿

The Hogfather
2 hours ago, Bauld said:

Last....4-5 months just a steady decline. Recognise the signs. I can feel it. Every day just eating away at me. I've been here before and I know where it leads. Last time I managed to catch myself and spent a couple of years on medication. It helped, It bought me time to make a lot of changes. Got off nightshift into a new job. Moved house to a new village. Tried to right a few other wrongs along the way. About a year and a half ago I felt good and got off the medication. 

That's rough. It's a nightmare that the smallest thing can totally derail someone and send them spiralling again. Have you spoken to your doctor?

Robbo-Jambo
13 hours ago, Bauld said:

Could you not got back on the medication to weather the storm ?

12 hours ago, The Hogfather said:

That's rough. It's a nightmare that the smallest thing can totally derail someone and send them spiralling again. Have you spoken to your doctor?

I haven't spoken to them no. I have called but after 14-15 attempts I gave up. Nightmare these days. My ex took about 60 attempts to get an appointment for her mum a while back, Different doctors but they're all the same these days.

2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Could you not got back on the medication to weather the storm ?

I would like to avoid that as much as possible. The drugs are awful. The sweats alone are enough to put you off. It does level off eventually but the side effects during the first few months on them are horrible. 

I've been working more on trying to be more open. Talk more. Not let things build up inside and fester. That does help a little but there's some things I know I need to work on and get through......I suppose that's the hardest part, knowing some of the things that need doing but struggling to find the fight to do it. Meanwhile the pressures of everything else going on continue to eat away. 

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Bauld said:

I would like to avoid that as much as possible. The drugs are awful. The sweats alone are enough to put you off. It does level off eventually but the side effects during the first few months on them are horrible. 

I've been working more on trying to be more open. Talk more. Not let things build up inside and fester. That does help a little but there's some things I know I need to work on and get through......I suppose that's the hardest part, knowing some of the things that need doing but struggling to find the fight to do it. Meanwhile the pressures of everything else going on continue to eat away. 

Well you’re talking on here (sort of)….thats one big step forward.  Is there now someone you know that you can open up to?

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, Bauld said:

Hope things work out for you quickly.