***Official Livingston v Hearts Match Thread***

Boris5115

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Well you better get used to watching him. If we don't sign a natural rb or rwb, who's going to fill in for Atkinson? Don't say Oda or Forrest, because neither of them are defenders, they might be OK going forward, but at this point in time Toby is our only right footed defensive option. 

We are signing a RB, it's our public priority.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Clark Griswold

• Mikey1874

4marsbars
9 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

That entire report is exceptionally negative and typical BBC. 

Utter dicks. 

But great to see.

I love it when media-types underestimate Hearts.

Wee Mikey
15 minutes ago, Oda be a JT said:

When you think back to the, let’s be honest, rubbish start to the season?! 

A couple of unlucky decisions (Huns/Cnty) which could have been wins…we should be closer to 2nd really - that is more jokey comments than serious but make you think?

Bloody frustrating, but ... I'm well used to that now.

At least tonight's journey home on the bus was a delight.

Thankfully, no more away games for a bit, other than the upcoming 🏆 'derby' which I'll be very much looking forward to.

Mikey1874
9 minutes ago, Homme said:

How many pts did we have at this stage in the past two seasons?

Must be around the same? We aren't very pretty bit we are becoming pretty effective.

Yes - we have 36 points

Last season 35 points after 21 games

Previous season 39 points at 21 games

Edited by Mikey1874

ollie2004
1 hour ago, leipzig76 said:

Fester Road crowd - 20,421 !!

16796 according to beeb

Pete Elliott
8 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Livi are going down no don’t about it. However their manager had done a magnificent job considering they only have about 37 fans, next to no investors and must rely on away fans revenue. I’ll not knock Ferranti Thistle 

Their manager is an complete erse and he’s now getting found out. Oh and here’s his comments after today’s match:

"The difference for me was Lawrence Shankland. His finish for the second goal was tremendous. I'd love to see him move on and see where his career could go. He's done the hard yards, he's a goalscorer and the Hearts fans will hate me for saying this - but it'd be great to see him kick on. Hearts are extremely lucky to have him.”

Completely unprofessional and he should mind his own business.

GinRummy
1 minute ago, Pete Elliott said:

Their manager is an complete erse and he’s now getting found out. Oh and here’s his comments after today’s match:

"The difference for me was Lawrence Shankland. His finish for the second goal was tremendous. I'd love to see him move on and see where his career could go. He's done the hard yards, he's a goalscorer and the Hearts fans will hate me for saying this - but it'd be great to see him kick on. Hearts are extremely lucky to have him.”

Completely unprofessional and he should mind his own business.

That nasal weegie whine means he’ll always be a dick to me. 

2 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

16796 according to beeb

I think Easter Road is made of the same material as the TARDIS. I’ve seen footage of it with 12,000 and 18,000 and there are the same amount of empty seats and open areas. It’s remarkable. I know clubs announce seats sold as opposed to actual people there but they must have about 5,000 ST holders that never go. 

James1874f

Good win another away game last couple of seasons we would have dropped points. 

Can see improvement under Naismith 

brawlad74
56 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Haring is out of favour but the constant posts saying he is finished are total nonsense.

He is 30 

Came in and did a job in difficult circumstances. Unlike Beni...

Percival King
29 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

What about the Livi announcer? Was he reeking? Sounded like a character from Only an Excuse.

Pretty embarrassing having to prefix every announcement, including sub on and player off, with a sponsor's name.

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Now that Kilmarnock have said they are going back to a turf pitch Livi should follow suit. It gives the home team an advantage (not that it’s helped them this season) in terms of playing on a surface that the other teams rarely play on. You can see that the ball behaves differently on the bounce rolls differently to a grass pitch. All of those things amplified when the pitch is wet. I’d like to see the figures of how much that pitch actually makes them outside match days as that’s always quoted as one of the reasons for having it. 

West Lothian Council own the stadium, not Livvy, and it's in constant use. Not a chance it will return to grass.  

3g pitches giving teams an obvious advantage is largely a myth. 

tiger Rudi
26 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

We are signing a RB, it's our public priority.

Yes and I hope it's an experienced player that will be ready to step into the starting 11. We are in a good position, but playing against teams battling for their survival after January will see us needing to improve dramatically from our last two performances. Some semblance of a settled team wouldn't go amiss. 

Good thing is Vargas is growing in confidence and could be the one to step up and take a load of Shankland shoulders. 

pettigrewsstylist
38 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Well you better get used to watching him. If we don't sign a natural rb or rwb, who's going to fill in for Atkinson? Don't say Oda or Forrest, because neither of them are defenders, they might be OK going forward, but at this point in time Toby is our only right footed defensive option. 

Kingsleys left foot is better there.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

tiger Rudi
1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Kingsleys left foot is better there.

Yes it is, but when Atkinson and Rowles are both on international duty I'd much prefer Kingsley on his natural side, filling in for Rowles. 

Armageddon
37 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

What about the Livi announcer? Was he reeking? Sounded like a character from Only an Excuse.

Possibly the worst VAR moment ever today:  “VAR CHECKING A PENALTY FOR OFFSIDE”

The sooner that shitty wee club piss off the better.

jr ewing
43 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Oh no. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, tiger Rudi said:

Yes it is, but when Atkinson and Rowles are both on international duty I'd much prefer Kingsley on his natural side, filling in for Rowles. 

We would all PREFER that of course. Maybe we can recruit a solid RB, at the 3rd window attempt.

Mikey1874

I'd like to see Jack Hamilton, Scott Pittman, Ayo Bileye and James Penrice among others move on and see where their careers could go. Livingston have been extremely lucky having players like that and getting relegated to League One should sort that out. 

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Yes and I hope it's an experienced player that will be ready to step into the starting 11. We are in a good position, but playing against teams battling for their survival after January will see us needing to improve dramatically from our last two performances. Some semblance of a settled team wouldn't go amiss. 

Good thing is Vargas is growing in confidence and could be the one to step up and take a load of Shankland shoulders. 

That's the idea, we can't see into the future obviously but the idea is to get someone who can come in and play now, while Natty's away.

Mikey1874

Agree about the marking at second goal.

Any other club and Martindale is sacked tonight. 

49 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

We were in hysterics listening to him 

convinced he was Jamsie Cotter fi Rab C Nesbitt fame, pished so he wis btw 

Armageddon
1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Well done Hearts. Not pretty to watch but job done. A special mention for Denholm’s cameo appearance. This laddie gets better with every game.

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Showed maturity in late cameo tho. All about the team.

Absolutely, taking the ball into the corner, staying down, running the clock down like a 36 year old veteran.

Not advocating for one minute the signing of Jason Holt , but he is a far better player than Nuenhoff, very poor player and totally out this depth at this level, surely time to reevaluate our overseas signing policy, I’m not convinced we can’t find better quality closer to home.

Buy rubbish, you buy twice

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

We were in hysterics listening to him 

convinced he was Jamsie Cotter fi Rab C Nesbitt fame, pished so he wis btw 

been like that for years. Pish myself every time.  Think they are trying to phase him out with the new guy who tbf was pretty decent 

43 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Ex drug dealer is he no ?Maybe he still likes a snuff?

Will never get a better job due to his past misdemeanours.

Would be a very brave club who would be prepared to take a chance on him.

Wherever he went, a significant number of that clubs supporters will have an issue with his appointment 

I think Martindale knows this himself 

leipzig76
46 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

16796 according to beeb

Got the other figure from Hibs t.v bearing in mind the comentators are sitting looking out on a more than 3/4 empty away stand. I think it's only that number on the beeb website because Hibs have given that figure.Either figure being correct.... nah lol !

Pete Elliott
23 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Not advocating for one minute the signing of Jason Holt , but he is a far better player than Nuenhoff,

:cornette:

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Livi are going down no don’t about it. However their manager had done a magnificent job considering they only have about 37 fans, next to no investors and must rely on away fans revenue. I’ll not knock Ferranti Thistle 

If I was a multi club group looking to get a Scottish club, I would go for Livi. Few fans to get annoyed at it, positioned well geographically, could be a blank slate to mould. Also doubt it would cost too much to get them either.

DesertDawg
1 hour ago, PaddysBar said:

That entire report is exceptionally negative and typical BBC. 

Utter dicks. 

"By Andrew Petrie BBC Sport Scotland"

Typed in on a laptop no doubt and could well have been watching on TV.  Didn't he regularly used to write similar trash for the Edinburgh Evening Hibby?

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, brawlad74 said:

Came in and did a job in difficult circumstances. Unlike Beni...

Unlike Beni what?

brawlad74
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Unlike Beni what?

Doing a job 

Randy Marsh
8 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

And that’s a fact

I was pissed off we let Holt leave at such an early age.  He's had a solid career but doubt he would be much of an upgrade being in his 30's now.

gregzy2k7

Fair play, not seen the match back yet but that seems like a crucial win on a horrible pitch (hopefully we won't have to suffer it next season) 

Have been critical this season but have to say, Well done to Naismith, his coaching staff and the players

👏 👍🏻 

You deserve a well earned rest 

after the break though, keep it up a

and don't let our foot off the gas, we are in a healthy position to go and get 3rd now and honestly should be achieving it if our consistency and concentration levels are high enough.

Forrest played well and gave 100%
Well done lad! 👏

Chuck Berry
4 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Fair play, not seen the match back yet but that seems like a crucial win on a horrible pitch (hopefully we won't have to suffer it next season) 

👏 👍🏻 

Raith Rovers have 3g and are top of the Championship.

Our next game is also on 3g.

1 hour ago, maroonsgotop said:

Well said and well done Naisy! 👏

gregzy2k7
1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

Raith Rovers have 3g and are top of the Championship.

Our next game is also on 3g.

Aye but is Raith not one of the better 3g pitches ? Livis is an embarrassment, 

Fair forgot about Spartans though lol 😆 😅 

coatbridgejambo
3 hours ago, chazza74 said:

Is that why he was hooked at half time ?

Eye. like many of the management decisions they don't make sense.

Gives much more than hoff

1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

West Lothian Council own the stadium, not Livvy, and it's in constant use. Not a chance it will return to grass.  

3g pitches giving teams an obvious advantage is largely a myth. 

A myth??? Are you joking! 🤣

FERRY HEARTS
2 hours ago, feedthefox said:

I don’t think the Guy keeps to well mate ! Fair to Livi a community club for giving him a chance to express himself 

Chuck Berry
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Haven't we won all 3 matches this season on 3g, twice at the same venue against the team sitting in fourth.

Chuck Berry
6 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Aye but is Raith not one of the better 3g pitches ? Livis is an embarrassment, 

Fair forgot about Spartans though lol 😆 😅 

There really isn't too much difference in 3g pitches, maintenence is the key.

jamboinglasgow

I know Livi aren't as strong as they were last season, but last season we played Livi away in our 23rd game of the season after a good run of fixtures and looked poor and came away with a goaless draw. It was the start of our downfall.

We played Livi after playing 8 games since the 2nd of December, so players are going to be leggy on a pitch that you really not going to want to play on if your legs are tired. It was never going to be a pretty game but to come away with a win is a great way to go into a much needed break.

To play in our last five games, Celtic, Hibs, St Mirren, Ross County and Livi and come away with 13 out of a possible 15 points is a fantastic result. We have scored 9 goals and conceded 3.

We can play better, and hopefully the break will get players more refreshed and Naismith can work more on getting the attacking side even better. But todays result is what was needed.

FERRY HEARTS
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Hearts have a much bigger budget and potentially better players than Livi 

we should be putting them to the sword on any surface  which unfortunately we haven’t done for several years !  Good result Today which we made hard work of , onwards and upwards