***Official Livingston v Hearts Match Thread***

Boris5115

Tynecastle Valhalla
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Or a CB or CM!

HE has actually played well at CM for us.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Clark Griswold

• Mikey1874

DesertDawg
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Now that Kilmarnock have said they are going back to a turf pitch Livi should follow suit. It gives the home team an advantage (not that it’s helped them this season) in terms of playing on a surface that the other teams rarely play on. You can see that the ball behaves differently on the bounce rolls differently to a grass pitch. All of those things amplified when the pitch is wet. I’d like to see the figures of how much that pitch actually makes them outside match days as that’s always quoted as one of the reasons for having it. 

Just watched Vargas’ shot again that went past the post before he scored Hearts TV from behind the ball on.  The ball bounced and skidded outside the post.  On grass, it would have caught the turf and gone inside.

Cameronstheman

It would have been brutal had we drew again, but we didn't and go into the winter break in a good place, after some outstanding away results .

Love to see our new signings hit the ground running (assuming we do). Please let one be a top midfielder

Anyway well done Hearts  

Oda be a JT
22 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Bah, I thought this was a night game. Checked in and realized it was on, turned on the stream just in time to see the corner flag dancing.  :(

Ah well, I'll watch the replay.

Don’t, really don’t…wait for ‘highlights’ as that is enough!

9 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Martindale shook the  hand of every Hearts player at full time despite being gutted.  Class act.

Don’t know why but I really like the guy, no he hasn’t supplied me with anything to say that…touch of class as mentioned above.

Thank feck we shouldn’t have to play on that pitch again 

brawlad74

Well done Hearts big 3 points in physical encounter. Vargas goal machine should be on pens now lol shout out to Haring for strong performance. Table looking good tho shame Hubs salvaged a point. 

22games nro

I hope we don’t have to play on that pitch for years and years to come, with killie ditching the plastic pitch next year and livi being relegated (fingers crossed ) then it’s all grass/hybrid pitches next year 👍👍

leipzig76
32 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Does that mean 18,675 at almondvale 

Just in the Livi end !

Cameronstheman
11 minutes ago, Sigma One said:

Handing out sweeties. 😆

Is that no a celtic thing 😉

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Come on that free kick from Danda was superb mate. I do agree clarke decision making is ropey at times.

Agree a great free kick  but still rooted to the spot.  Wonder if keepers would be better facing the ball and having the wall cover the other side  or do away with wall completely. Surely keepers can save shots from 25/30 yards

By The Light..
22 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Won't have to go back here in a league game for a long time hopefully. 

ever except a cup match

3 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Just watched Vargas’ shot again that went past the post before he scored Hearts TV from behind the ball on.  The ball bounced and skidded outside the post.  On grass, it would have caught the turf and gone inside.

Ditto some of the long balls from the back that overran the forwards. You play a long ball you’ve played many times before only to see it react totally differently. 

chazza74
1 hour ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

He's our worst player. 

Not played since September put in a decent shift today 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Tynecastle Valhalla said:

HE has actually played well at CM for us.

His very first game.  But since then?  There’s not one position he looks good enough in (I actually thought if anywhere it would be RWB).  Needs to be moved on unfortunately but he’s certainly not alone. 

pettigrewsstylist

I make that 8 away wins if you include Killie cup game. I couldnt even guess when Hearts last did that in a season, with 16 league plus SC still to come.

john thomas
2 minutes ago, brawlad74 said:

Well done Hearts big 3 points in physical encounter. Vargas goal machine should be on pens now lol shout out to Haring for strong performance. Table looking good tho shame Hubs salvaged a point. 

Haring is out of favour but the constant posts saying he is finished are total nonsense.

He is 30 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

I hope we don’t have to play on that pitch for years and years to come, with killie ditching the plastic pitch next year and livi being relegated (fingers crossed ) then it’s all grass/hybrid pitches next year 👍👍

Good chance Raith could come up!

Killie are ditching it the season after next season iirc. 

22games nro
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Good chance Raith could come up!

Killie are ditching it the season after next season iirc. 

Ah ok, thought Killie was next season 👍

Unknown user
1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

I make that 8 away wins if you include Killie cup game. I couldnt even guess when Hearts last did that in a season, with 16 league plus SC still to come.

Mental

upgotheheads
24 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Forrest motm for me but Vargas played well. 

me too

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Agree a great free kick  but still rooted to the spot.  Wonder if keepers would be better facing the ball and having the wall cover the other side  or do away with wall completely. Surely keepers can save shots from 25/30 yards

It was a great free kick but it went in the only side a right footed player was ever putting it from that position and he didn’t move an inch. 

Tommy Brown
4 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

It was well hit.

Did Halkett not jump and turn, allowing ball to go round him.

Again though, Clark's positioning was suspect.

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Hibs have won 6 league games all season :laugh2:

3 away points on a shite pitch that we have struggled on before, opening a nice 5 point gap on 4th place with a game in hand. 

Brilliant result today. Could have struggled after missing the penalty, but it seemed to slap some sense into us and got us going. 

:yas:

BangkokHearts
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

No, he scored one against PAOK and one v Rangers in LC semi but only 2 in the league and both missed. 

Thanks for the clarification. 

henrysmithsgloves

Thank god that's over, playing on the junkies carpet ❤️❤️G❤️

Scott980612

Going into winter break on a high. 
been a really good few weeks for us. 

Good 3 points today hearts. 

🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Captain Scarlett
25 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

For me it was Cochrane playing a bit wider and further forward that made a difference 2nd half. 

How many starts has Toby had? Need to accept he was rusty. 

Great display from Forrest. He's ahead of Oda every game for me. 

Disappointed Naisy thinks all we need is a rb and a forward. Midfield/10: definitely need an attack-minded player in there to freshen things up. 

Mentioned him loads before, but Dan Kemp's stats in League 2 are outstanding. Could he make the leap to this level? Probably, he's an England under 20 international and a product of West Ham. Yan Dhanda maybe a more proven target. 

Great win, another away win and sitting pretty in 3rd.

We still need to improve though! 

Tony was rusty? No. He’s shite. Might have one or two decent moments in a game but so does my 9 year old grandson 

Aberdeen going to be our closest challengers and the have us, Celtic, Rangers and Hibs in 4 of their next 5 matches in the league. 

jock _turd

What sort of crap is this from the BBC ? Does it matter where a foul is made now? See when Rangers give away a foul around the crossable area do they report that ... that has ground my cogs that has !

This is from the match report!

Despite that, Hearts continued to foul their hosts in crossable territory, but ultimately they held on for a seventh away win of the season - four more than they had in the entirety of last season, and three more than they've had at home.

RustyRightPeg

Good win, thought we were up against it after 5 mins. Var bailed us out. 

Winter break time to regroup and couple of extra bodies and we’re good to go. 

WorldChampions1902

Well done Hearts. Not pretty to watch but job done. A special mention for Denholm’s cameo appearance. This laddie gets better with every game.

pettigrewsstylist
Just now, WorldChampions1902 said:

Well done Hearts. Not pretty to watch but job done. A special mention for Denholm’s cameo appearance. This laddie gets better with every game.

Showed maturity in late cameo tho. All about the team.

John Findlay
29 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Now that Kilmarnock have said they are going back to a turf pitch Livi should follow suit. It gives the home team an advantage (not that it’s helped them this season) in terms of playing on a surface that the other teams rarely play on. You can see that the ball behaves differently on the bounce rolls differently to a grass pitch. All of those things amplified when the pitch is wet. I’d like to see the figures of how much that pitch actually makes them outside match days as that’s always quoted as one of the reasons for having it. 

👍

pettigrewsstylist

Who got MOTM? Hopefuly a deserving Forrest to confirm to him to keep doing what he did today.

Wee Mikey
8 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

Hibs have won 6 league games all season :laugh2:

Clearly, 'Monty' has turned it around. 🫢

He's the Montster ... the Montmeister ... or simply, Monteeee ...

If he's as much of a 5th columnist as Zibbi & Wee Lee ... not to mention 'Rocky', then it's all looking good for the Tynie derby.

❤️❤️G❤️

9 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Check the table.

Let's look forward rather than back.

Screenshot_20240102_174040_Gallery.jpg

Makes good reading that. And with injured players to return and maybe new signings we will hopefully get stronger.

Oda be a JT
12 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Check the table.

Let's look forward rather than back.

Screenshot_20240102_174040_Gallery.jpg

When you think back to the, let’s be honest, rubbish start to the season?! 

A couple of unlucky decisions (Huns/Cnty) which could have been wins…we should be closer to 2nd really - that is more jokey comments than serious but make you think?

Oda be a JT
11 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

What sort of crap is this from the BBC ? Does it matter where a foul is made now? See when Rangers give away a foul around the crossable area do they report that ... that has ground my cogs that has !

Despite that, Hearts continued to foul their hosts in crossable territory, but ultimately they held on for a seventh away win of the season - four more than they had in the entirety of last season, and three more than they've had at home.

Wow🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

ToadKiller Dog

A good win ,livi ain't a great sides but after Martindale tearing them apart after previous game they were out to battle and fight today ,they might take points off others playing like that .

We held strong in a physical battle on a pitch made from old plastic xmas trees .

WorldChampions1902

Whilst we shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves, that gap between us and the Vermin is about to become a gulf. Our next 6 fixtures should see us pile on a load of points, whereas they’ll be lucky to get two draws.

:verysmug:

frankblack
32 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

The only fault was his lining up of the wall.  The guy hit it well.

Victorian

Just read that on the BBC report.  :rofl:

Now,  what results from a foul in a crossable area?  Hmmm... erm,  a free kick from a crossable area?  

Fuds.

PaddysBar
16 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

That entire report is exceptionally negative and typical BBC. 

Utter dicks. 

tiger Rudi
21 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Tony was rusty? No. He’s shite. Might have one or two decent moments in a game but so does my 9 year old grandson 

Well you better get used to watching him. If we don't sign a natural rb or rwb, who's going to fill in for Atkinson? Don't say Oda or Forrest, because neither of them are defenders, they might be OK going forward, but at this point in time Toby is our only right footed defensive option. 

How many pts did we have at this stage in the past two seasons?

Must be around the same? We aren't very pretty bit we are becoming pretty effective.

Captain Scarlett

Livi are going down no don’t about it. However their manager had done a magnificent job considering they only have about 37 fans, next to no investors and must rely on away fans revenue. I’ll not knock Ferranti Thistle 

feedthefox

What about the Livi announcer? Was he reeking? Sounded like a character from Only an Excuse.

Unknown user
19 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

Makes good reading that. And with injured players to return and maybe new signings we will hopefully get stronger.

Before the derby we were on 30, Hibs were on 24 with a game in hand 

😂