Caroline Aherne " Queen of comedy" and " The Royale Family"

JudyJudyJudy

I watched the documentary about her last night.  It was very moving as well as incredibly funny. What a truly talented woman and a really decent human being.  I loved " Mrs Merton" when it started years ago and then she went on to create one of the greatest observational comedy shows of all time " The Royale family". A show where you laughed and were moved at the same times in various scenes. The high point being " The Queen of Sheba " episode where Nana died. At times so funny but again very moving. Wonderful acting from all the cast and the writing was a loving recreation of normal decent people.   God bless her. She died of cancer at only 53  

BBC iPlayer - Caroline Aherne: Queen of Comedy

Fitzroy Pointon
2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I watched the documentary about her last night.  It was very moving as well as incredibly funny. What a truly talented woman and a really decent human being.  I loved " Mrs Merton" when it started years ago and then she went on to create one of the greatest observational comedy shows of all time " The Royale family". A show where you laughed and were moved at the same times in various scenes. The high point being " The Queen of Sheba " episode where Nana died. At times so funny but again very moving. Wonderful acting from all the cast and the writing was a loving recreation of normal decent people.   God bless her. She died of cancer at only 53  

BBC iPlayer - Caroline Aherne: Queen of Comedy

Dave's reaction "what do I want?" :laugh:he was such a gormless prick. 

I watched that last night. The only decent thing on all day. She really was a funny woman and it was really moving to see how much she meant to everyone who knew and worked with her, especially Craig Cash. 

4 minutes ago, Салатные палочки said:

I watched that last night. The only decent thing on all day. She really was a funny woman and it was really moving to see how much she meant to everyone who knew and worked with her, especially Craig Cash. 

Yes she was well loved . Thats all we need really . 

4 minutes ago, Салатные палочки said:

Oh he really was the definition of “ gormless” 

Seen a lot of handwringing regarding her abusive behaviour towards her partner and the fact this show completely glossed over it.

12 hours ago, jambo89 said:

Seen a lot of handwringing regarding her abusive behaviour towards her partner and the fact this show completely glossed over it.

Yep, physically abused Peter Hook over their time together.

25 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I put Victoria Woods above her as the Queen of comedy.

She was a different type of comedy . I feel . I liked her too .