Who's all getting up early for santa!!

Greedy Jambo

That thing you do
3 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

A new bike, maybe a new games console? the excitement is building!

Santa already unpacked my wifes new kitchen and im not getting my long awaited ps5 until new year.

That leaves a mercy package from home to open that I hope is irn bru

Step-daughter broke up with her idiot boyfriend (again!) So we had her and the grandkids here for Christmas morning. Dragged out of bed at 7. It was worth it though. The wee ones are only 3 and 5 so it was great seeing them get excited for Santa coming and then watching them open their presents. Our laddie no longer believes, so I loved watching that innocence again 😁

Rupert Pupkin

We have been really lucky with all our kids.. My two sons now 21 and 17 never got up at silly o’clock for Santa.

My daughter who is 7 was very excited last night, but is the same as the boys, we got to lie till 9:30 this morning..

Its been a really mixed Christmas for us.

Our 2 youngest foster children aged 10 and 11 told us on Friday their pals were saying its not true about Santa.

We told them yes it was a slightly different story than tithe books,tv and films make out but that Christmas is always a lovely time of year with a special feeling

They were really deflated till they got up to presents this morning.

They both got New laptops and Xboxs with all the accessories as well as lots of smaller stuff.

The nicest thing was them both appreciating their presents from the smallest to biggest things and both saying it was their best ever Christmas.

A special thanks goes to my wife who spent so much time shopping fir them

Hope everyone's day was as good as ours

6 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

Our 2 youngest foster children aged 10 and 11 told us on Friday their pals were saying its not true about Santa.

We told them yes it was a slightly different story than tithe books,tv and films make out but that Christmas is always a lovely time of year with a special feeling

They both got New laptops and Xboxs with all the accessories as well as lots of smaller stuff.

The nicest thing was them both appreciating their presents from the smallest to biggest things and both saying it was their best ever Christmas.

I'm not sure what to make of that to be honest, still believing in Santa aged 10 and 11? then both getting new xbox's and laptops! 

Fair play for giving them a good life, but jeezo, Spoiling kids to that extreme doesn't always end well. 

10 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

New laptops AND xboxes AND loads of other stuff? :o 

It's unreal how much kids get these days. No wonder it was their best christmas ever.

Edited by Ray Gin

32 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

Almost impossible to match, I would have thought.

7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Almost impossible to match, I would have thought.

Yup, pretty much, set the bar too high, now they'll be expecting the same or better next year. 

When they get older they'll take the kindness for granted and act like spoiled arseholes, and possibly to the extreme, due to their past. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

46 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I'm not sure what to make of that to be honest, still believing in Santa aged 10 and 11? then both getting new xbox's and laptops! 

Fair play for giving them a good life, but jeezo, Spoiling kids to that extreme doesn't always end well. 

There's a big difference in spoiling kids and giving them what you 

I understand what your saying but we've done this for a long time and all the older kids have went on to do well

1 hour ago, otterjohn said:

There's a big difference in spoiling kids and giving them what you 

I understand what your saying but we've done this for a long time and all the older kids have went on to do well

Great to hear.  

Obviously a strategy that’s a winner!

12 hours ago, otterjohn said:

I’d imagine being fostered aged 10 and 11 will likely mean they’ve had to face a few challenges in life already. Get the impression you’ve enjoyed seeing them get pleasure from getting their gifts and enjoying their day- Good for you, merry Christmas all 😊

👍

il Duce McTarkin
23 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Step-daughter broke up with her idiot boyfriend (again!) So we had her and the grandkids here for Christmas morning. Dragged out of bed at 7. It was worth it though. The wee ones are only 3 and 5 so it was great seeing them get excited for Santa coming and then watching them open their presents. Our laddie no longer believes, so I loved watching that innocence again 😁

Mine are 3 and 5 too. It's tge first time that I've been home at Christmas for a copoke of years, and it was just the best thing. 

4 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Mine are 3 and 5 too. It's tge first time that I've been home at Christmas for a copoke of years, and it was just the best thing. 

Christmas is all about kids of that age, it really is a magical time for kids and parents, make the most of Guv, they grow way to fast😪