• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• King prawn

• neilnunb

44 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Eh think he did!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

then they worked. Mind he left it late. FTH 

13 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Not quite convinced. Was a poor performance if shankland hadn't scored the screamer there would be plenty of criticism.

Needs to deal with the midfield situation and get someone to play off shankland to help up front.

Another big window for savage as well.

Tagawa,Vargas,Hoff,haring, halliday not good enough or past it just off the top of my head.

Agree kind of but derby games often hinge on one mistake/ bit of brilliance. Thought of the Kevin Kyle derby 12 years ago. That's all it takes.

I thought we were the better team tonight but it was frustrating - Hibs were patently shite and we couldn't force that. Our defence seems sorted but our attack is still weak - can no-one in our team bar Shanks manage to shoot ffs? Work in progress, like SN says. Hopefully January sees some of our dross lost and another treasure or two unearthed.

Beni seems to have turned a corner btw.

avhudtheteeshirt

Wonder when we'll get the "they kicked us off the park"!!!

They maybe never noticed it was Newell who injured his own player???

Hope he's OK, never like to see a player badly injured.

But, he's a Hibee, so tough luck!!!

Montgomery got Stendel vibes I’d say. 

very specific way he wants to play and the players are miles away from pulling it off. 

At least we can defend which in itself is almost enough to finish 3rd in this utterly dire league. 

9 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Not quite convinced. Was a poor performance if shankland hadn't scored the screamer there would be plenty of criticism.

Needs to deal with the midfield situation and get someone to play off shankland to help up front.

Tagawa,Vargas,Hoff,haring, halliday not good enough or past it just off the top of my head.

It was a scrappy game full stop, Hoff quietly goes about his business, Tagawa not really enough time on the park to judge especially playing how he's now expected to play (unfamiliar), Vargas works his socks off, but again not a system he looks familiar with. I won't hear a bad word against Haring he's served our club well. Yes Halliday maybe past it, but again he's put a shift in when needed and contributed with some fine goals, the latter two will not be with us come the end of January or the summer, but certainly believe Tagawa & Vargas as Naismith sees them settling & playing in his system will be with us for a couple of seasons more. Working with Steve Clarke in Scotland's national set-up has obviously rubbed off on Naismith and I for one see it rubbing off on our style of play. 🤷‍♂️

avhudtheteeshirt
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Pity about the young guy holding the green seat above his head, it was seen a number of times on the coverage.

Last thing we need is fines for wrecking that dump!!!

1 minute ago, Jam-Tart said:

It was a scrappy game full stop, Hoff quietly goes about his business, Tagawa not really enough time on the park to judge especially playing how he's now expected to play (unfamiliar), Vargas works his socks off, but again not a system he looks familiar with. I won't hear a bad word against Haring he's served our club well. Yes Halliday maybe past it, but again he's put a shift in when needed and contributed with some fine goals, the latter two will not be with us come the end of January or the summer, but certainly believe Tagawa & Vargas as Naismith sees them settling & playing in his system will be with us for a couple of seasons more. Working with Steve Clarke in Scotland's national set-up has obviously rubbed off on Naismith and I for one see its influence on our style of play. 🤷‍♂️

Absolute superb from Hearts, Shankland and Naismith. Credit to Naismith again. I doubted. I will gladly eat humble pie if it keeps going like this! :D

jamboinglasgow

In the second round of fixtures, we have beaten every team in the top six except Rangers. Three of them away from home. We have only conceded 1 goal against a top six team in this round of fixtures. Its been very impressive.

It was a classic scrappy Derby, where one bit of quality can win it. Shankland did that. The monkey is off Naismith's back in regards to derbies. Its all good.

best in the land
1 minute ago, Jam-Tart said:

It was a scrappy game full stop, Hoff quietly goes about his business, Tagawa not really enough time on the park to judge especially playing how he's now expected to play (unfamiliar), Vargas works his socks off, but again not a system he looks familiar with. I won't hear a bad word against Haring he's served our club well. Yes Halliday maybe past it, but again he's put a shift in when needed and contributed with some fine goals, the latter two will not be with us come the end of January or the summer, but certainly believe Tagawa & Vargas as Naismith sees them settling & playing in his system will be with us for a couple of seasons more. Working with Steve Clarke in Scotland's national set-up has obviously rubbed off on Naismith and I for one see it rubbing off on our style of play. 🤷‍♂️

Sorry but Hoff has been hopeless and offers nothing.

Vargas and tagawa failed experiments as well that have shown nothing to convince wouldn't give them past summer if no improvement.

Haring not the same after long injuries and too slow.

Halliday is just a Hun prick.

Just my opinion mind.

4 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Pity about the young guy holding the green seat above his head, it was seen a number of times on the coverage.

Last thing we need is fines for wrecking that dump!!!

That was a very stupid thing to do in my opinion, the cameras kept showing it, will his moment of fame result in a fine or ban? I suppose you can argue there is no proof he caused the damage but it is not a good look for us overall and you know that club will make a real meal out of this unfortunately!

Just now, best in the land said:

Vargas and tagawa failed experiments as well that have shown nothing to convince wouldn't give them past summer if no improvement.

Just my opinion mind.

2 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Just my opinion mind.

Then you've never actually played football, but entitled to your opinion, only time will tell.

58 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

Just wanted to add, best game of football ever !

Also can I take this opportunity to apologise to my two dogs , Arthur and Heidi who have only just come back off the ceiling after going into shock with my celebrations when it hit the back of the net. 😎

Same with my cat!

We have gone from the results and performances are awful, to the results are decent, performances iffy but not won any big games, to the results are generally good, performances are still a bit iffy, but we’ve beaten Hibs and Celtic away. 

Naisy has certainly bought himself a time now. Well done. 

He knows though there is much improvement to go.  

11 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Wonder when we'll get the "they kicked us off the park"!!!

They maybe never noticed it was Newell who injured his own player???

Hope he's OK, never like to see a player badly injured.

But, he's a Hibee, so tough luck!!!

Did Campbell not try to end Kingsley's career in the cup semi? Only a yellow should have been a strait red?

44 minutes ago, Jam-Tart said:

I bow to Mr Naismith and admit I was so very wrong, maybe just getting ba little carried away with a 94th minute Shankland beauty to win such an important game (derby) v the vermin, but now I begin (again) to believe. get in there ya f'n beauty.

If you can't get carried away with 94th minute winners at your city rivals home ground we might as well give up the whole game mate. 

**** the Hibs! 

3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Just watched Sportscene

Theyre desperate for Shanks to leave 

I reckon English clubs will want him. 20+ goals a season for a non-OF striker scoring goals against both arsecheeks and winners every week is an absolute gold mine. 

Hopefully no silly offers come in over January, and come the summer we can make a decision with him. 

I would absolutely love him to sign an extension. Throw money at him for a 4 year extension - pace isn't his game, everything else is. Its worth it, but that lack of pace will give pause at a higher level I think. 

1 minute ago, hearts00 said:

We have gone from the results and performances are awful, to the results are decent, performances iffy but not won any big games, to the results are generally good, performances are still a bit iffy, but we’ve beaten Hibs and Celtic away. 

Well said. Spot on 

Samuel Camazzola
36 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

another 900 years of him as manager would be excellent 

🙈😄

36 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He’ll be 943 years old by then. 🙂

Mental arithmetic or did you use a calculator? 😄 

Monty sounding a bit Robbie, "good game for the neutrals" well, It was a shite game for a start, and why do you care about the neutrals? Managers that come out with that pish are usually short lived

south morocco
3 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

If you can't get carried away with 94th minute winners at your city rivals home ground we might as well give up the whole game mate. 

**** the Hibs! 

This. Both.  teams were awful tonight apart from a wee bit of quality again 

53 minutes ago, Carter said:

Hoff was really poor tonight. I'm surprised you find that a laughable observation. 

Sorry mate, I'd just rather focus on the positives, negatives are things that Hibs fans can deal with tonight.

7 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Sums it up and Naismith seems to know what's needed based on his after match comments

5 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

**** the Hibs! 

lol, indeed, we gotta believe! 👍

10 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Just my opinion mind.

Spot on. Though Halliday has done his bit for us in the past. 

best in the land
Just now, Archie White said:

Spot on. Though Halliday has done his bit for us in the past. 

Very few occasions but been poor more often.

Just can't stand all the rangers guff that comes with him. Massively disrespectful.

44 minutes ago, best in the land said:

That's the spirit. 👍

16 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Absolute superb from Hearts, Shankland and Naismith. Credit to Naismith again. I doubted. I will gladly eat humble pie if it keeps going like this! :D

Well it's 7 wins in 9 games, as well as overall away record.

The last few games have been solid if unspectacular. They seem to be building something.

My postie was at the door when we scored. She didn’t have a clue what was going on. 😂😂 Aussie Jambo is a happy camper. Played well first half. Held them back then we made a few subs. McKay every time he gets the ball gave it away. MOTM Beni. Some great performances at the back. Couldn’t believe Shanks missed the penalty. But baldie scone helmet heed made up for it. Zander. Unreal. But Mr Shankland take a bow. That has to be the best last minute goal I’ve seen in a long time. Reeks of Super Waynes goal. Hearts are having a party the Hibs are in there beds. 

F9A41169-F551-4B73-BF5F-2CB0DA926675.jpeg

I love reading threads like this. All the hobos and the doom mongers disappear in a flash. Get it right up you.

And for all the posters saying the game was shite, how come every neutral in the pub were raving about the game 

pettigrewsstylist
20 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Just watched Sportscene

Theyre desperate for Shanks to leave 

Neil Mcann hit nail firmly on head about progression and ambition chat.

22 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Just my opinion mind.

😃😃😃😃FTH

Final 3rd play still a concern but you can see Back and Middle parts of the game starting to come together. 

Barry Mckay way too pedestrian tonight, lost our way abit when we lost the energy of Denholm. Too much running sideways and giving away possession with floaty passes from Barry.

Seen a bit of stick for Calem, but thought he had a really solid box to box performance.