This might indicate how auld you are :)

JudyJudyJudy

13 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Long story, but no. 

I was better than everyone i knew that played for teams though, and they admitted it. 

I'm a bit bitter about the whole thing, especially when I see some of the crap we sign. 

Sounds like my rugby career! Big disadvantage being packed off to private school at secondary level when the teams had all been decided in P7...

joondalupjambo
16 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Zero

Still enjoy the sense of accomplishment in using a paper map to get me to places.

Zero points.

Yep they are the bee's knees.  Anyone who used them, and walked as well as a past time can tell you how to get from A to B almost anywhere.  Folk now get the the T-junction at their road end, stop, switch on and programme their what do you call em's, sat nav thingy's before they can continue.  Frightened to go right or left because they would be lost 🙂

Edited by joondalupjambo

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Anyone over 40 is getting nil points on that...

If folk had posted their ages we could have plotted a score and age line graph, very correlation you'd imagine.

Lord Montpelier
18 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Zero points.

Yep they are the bee's knees.  Anyone who used them, and walked as well as a past time can tell you how to get from A to B almost anywhere.  Folk now get the the T-junction at their road end, stop, switch on and programme their what do you call em's, sat nav thingy's before they can continue.  Frightened to go right or left because they would be lost 🙂

Getting lost was part of the fun (sort of)

14 hours ago, redjambo said:

Seriously? :D

That would explain a lot. I think he's put on a bit of weight since then too.

Built like a rake, me.

😁

14 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It was @Morgan

:sweeet:

1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Getting lost was part of the fun (sort of)

This. Took a car journey recently with a friend who insisted he wasn't going to start the car unless he knew exactly how he was getting to the destination. I would have preferred just to head in the general direction and work it out as we went along. All part of the adventure.

Never used a Sat nav and never will 

Got my big AA map of Britain and Ireland and it serves me very well. I don't need anything else to get me from A to Z and all places in between.

henrysmithsgloves
6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Never used a Sat nav and never will 

Got my big AA map of Britain and Ireland and it serves me very well. I don't need anything else to get me from A to Z and all places in between.

I used an old map book, didn't have the M9 or M8 on it,Christ It doesn't even have the fourth and Tay road bridges😂 Livingston doesn't exist either 😳 great for using the old road routes 😎

1 minute ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

I used an old map book, didn't have the M9 or M8 on it,Christ It doesn't even have the fourth and Tay road bridges😂 Livingston doesn't exist either 😳 great for using the old road routes 😎

1950s?

2 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Zero points.

When ever I used google maps, initially anyway, and it still gets me occasionally I end up going the opposite way to where I think I'm going, if that makeds sense! My head was programmed right o use them, though it may have been something about which way the program used North.  Anyway, I pretty much do all my deliveries old school, guessing! :lol:

29 minutes ago, Morgan said:

3 points.

It may/probably will, be less, but there are two in the list that I have no idea what they are.

Which ones?

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

61phxyqxE1L.jpg

boombox-vector-illustration-80s-technolo

6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

you've definitely used a rotary phone

GPO 746 Rotary 1970s-style Retro Landline Phone - Curly Cord, Authentic  Bell Ring - Red: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Ah, ok.

I didn't know that's what a Rotary phone was.  I've never heard that term before.

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Morgs, you may have known a boombox as a "ghetto blaster".

:thumb:

9 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

you've definitely used a rotary phone

GPO 746 Rotary 1970s-style Retro Landline Phone - Curly Cord, Authentic  Bell Ring - Red: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

We still have one, not much use now but if there was a power cut, they still worked.