No forgiveness...

Morgan

People that have wronged you.

You may want to forgive them, but when it comes right down to it, you just know you can’t.

I have four.

Two from a long time ago, one from four years ago and one from this year.

Never forgive, never forget.

Aim for revenge.

3 minutes ago, Dirty Deeds said:

Forgive and forget but clearly have zilch to do with them going forward 

Fair points, no doubt about it.

But, you’d have to know the circumstances in full.

You don’t need to forgive . Just walk away from them . Have nothing more to do with them . Dont even waste time thinking of them . Never let them have any place in your thoughts . Move on . If it’s really bad shit they did , Karma usually takes care of them . Revenge is pointless . It can consume you and take up negative energy . It can only create negativity for you . 

4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

You don’t need to forgive . Just walk away from them . Have nothing more to do with them . Dont even waste time thinking of them . Never let them have any place in your thoughts . Move on . If it’s really bad shit they did , Karma usually takes care of them . Revenge is pointless . It can consume you and take up negative energy . It can only create negativity for you . 

Karma usually doesn't, in my experience.

Part of letting go is accepting that reality.

20 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You may want to forgive them, but when it comes right down to it, you just know you can’t.

I have four.

Aim for revenge.

What exactly is forgiveness, though?

I don't forget easily, but I'm not one for bearing grudges.  That's not the same as forgiveness, but it's a better path to self-containment and maintaining mental health, IMO.

2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Karma usually doesn't, in my experience.

Part of letting go is accepting that reality.

Fair enough . But my completely ignoring the person in every conceivable war from has helped me in moving on . However for that person I am thinking of he will / is repeating the same behaviours he did with me and I can’t see it ending well for him , so maybe that’s what I mean by “ karma” 

1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

What exactly is forgiveness, though?

I don't forget easily, but I'm not one for bearing grudges.  That's not the same as forgiveness, but it's a better path to self-containment and maintaining mental health, IMO.

Agreed re grudges . I don’t hold any . I just move , close the door , new chapter . 

23 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I have four.

Aim for revenge.

Aim for revenge, keep that hatred, bitterness and vitriol burning inside, energies it until the when the day comes.

8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Or, do to them what they did to you.

Twice over.  👹

I think you have to weigh up  how much  harm to your own health & wellbeing there's  likely to be if you do that, compared to the envisaged satisfaction you think you'd get.    And for how long that harm or satisfaction is likely to last.   

Remember that life is getting shorter for us all  with reach passing day.

33 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I have four.

Aim for revenge.

Do please tell. I've noticed these folk mentioned in previous posts.

Each day you're expending your energy on revenge fantasies, they're just winning all over again.

Be bigger than that. Be better than that. Pour your energies into something positive.

I'm like my Dad. Dont suffer fools gladly.

If you severely piss me off....or my sons....we're done. Will drop you in a second and lose not a second of sleep.

Probably only done it 3 times in my life but absolutely no regrets.

Read a good quote recently that stuck with me:

Holding onto a grudge or resentment is like drinking poison and hoping for the other person to die 

39 minutes ago, SupaJT said:

Read a good quote recently that stuck with me:

Holding onto a grudge or resentment is like drinking poison and hoping for the other person to die 

So true 

I'm a titanic over-reactor for an hour or two then I get over things just as quickly. Best to move on and just cut toxic people from your life and never have anything to do with them again.

If they reach out or try to make amends I just ignore it. Once they're gone, they're gone. No hate, just complete disregard.

I've posted this opinion before but hatred only hurts the hater.

The hated either don't know they're hated and those who do tend not to give a toss.

Hate eats away at you; not they feckers.

I know that from personal experience as hatred for an individual nearly drove me insane about a decade back.

He's deid now, which has also helped. 🙃

3 hours ago, martoon said:

^^ This.

scientifically shown that hatred of things causes the body to act negatively & effectively making you ill.

doesn’t mean you shouldn’t process the annoyance but compartmentalising it quick to move on is actually healthier for the body.

Life's too short to hold grudges over petty things. Iv seen it within my own family and within friend groups too. Thankfully they were resolved in the end. If its an unforgivable thing that they've done, make your feelings know, and move on. Dishing out their own medicine doesn't always make you feel better and the problem will still be there. Revenge isn't always sweet. 

11 hours ago, Morgan said:

I have four.

Aim for revenge.

11 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Aim for revenge, keep that hatred, bitterness and vitriol burning inside, energies it until the when the day comes.

100%.

Never forgive, never forget. Revenge is dish best served cold. 

"You can't make friends with your enemies. Even when peace time is declared, they're all still ****ing enemies. Aren't they? Nothing is ever forgotten".

Mark Brandon "Chopper" Reid

highlandjambo3
11 hours ago, Cade said:

Each day you're expending your energy on revenge fantasies, they're just winning all over again.

Be bigger than that. Be better than that. Pour your energies into something positive.

This……file the memory in a wee lead box and lock it away…..move on, focus on who is important in your life and your next happy day with them (football, meal out, holiday etc).

The people that have wronged you know what they have done, let them carry their own burden.

14 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Really good advice

For me it’s never say never. My best mate wronged me and I went roughly 4 year without talking to him but for whatever reason the 3rd time he reached out something telt me it was time. I’ll never know for sure but If I went the next 30 years without speaking to him I’d have probably regretted it. 

41 minutes ago, heartandsoul said:

Really good advice

It’s how I live my life . Just move on . Let them get on with theirs . 

13 hours ago, Pap said:

2 whacks of a pool cue over the head? 🙂

He deserved it.  Or so I thought at the time. :rolleyes:

Although he forgave me, we were never quite the same again.

4 hours ago, the posh bit said:

100%.

Never forgive, never forget. Revenge is dish best served cold. 

:spoton:

15 hours ago, Day@theraces said:

Do please tell. I've noticed these folk mentioned in previous posts.

Sorry, no.

They are too personal.

I’ll just say though, that one of them caused a fatality and one of them caused an unbelievable level of distress.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The revenge aspect is not healthy. That’s easy to say but no good ever comes of trying to get even.

There’s no one in my life I’m struggling to forgive, or even need to. Suppose I’m lucky in that sense 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Sorry, no.

They are too personal.

I’ll just say though, that one of them caused a fatality and one of them caused an unbelievable level of distress.

Tbf, very hard to get past things like that. Feel for you 

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Tbf, very hard to get past things like that. Feel for you 

Thank you very much, DTD, I appreciate that.

11 hours ago, martoon said:

The hated either don't know they're hated and those who do tend not to give a toss.

Hate eats away at you; not they feckers.

I know that from personal experience as hatred for an individual nearly drove me insane about a decade back.

He's deid now, which has also helped. 🙃

Agreed. In effect you let them hurt you twice (or more) by clinging on to it. 

16 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

I'm like my Dad. Dont suffer fools gladly.

If you severely piss me off....or my sons....we're done. Will drop you in a second and lose not a second of sleep.

Probably only done it 3 times in my life but absolutely no regrets.

Likewise. I’ve cut off 3 close family members in the last 10 years. Loads of chances given and allowances made but just got to the stage where having them in my life was toxic. I wish it was different but it’s too far gone, the door is closed and I’ve no real desire to try and open it. I don’t hate them and don’t seek or offer forgiveness or apology. I barely think about them now and I’m better for it.

16 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Agreed. In effect you let them hurt you twice (or more) by clinging on to it. 

Absolutely true, BR.

I have often found that the best revenge is moving on with your life and becoming the best version of yourself that you can. People that have it out for you tend to hate it when you actually make a success of yourself. They want you to fail. 

Find people who want the best for you and celebrate your success rather than those who attempt to keep you down. 

Forget about getting revenge. 

There are some pieces of advice on here that I agree with, others that I don't.

That's what a forum is all about though - differing opinions.

I remain bitter and vengeful with regard to the four people aforementioned. Three of them in particular.

We are currently in a position where we can claim some revenge on one of them, and have already achieved a 'victory' in regard to another.

The long-term one has no chance now of being dealt with and should therefore be (easier said than done) disregarded, but never forgotten.

We'll see!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
17 minutes ago, Morgan said:

There are some pieces of advice on here that I agree with, others that I don't.

That's what a forum is all about though - differing opinions.

I remain bitter and vengeful with regard to the four people aforementioned. Three of them in particular.

We are currently in a position where we can claim some revenge on one of them, and have already achieved a 'victory' in regard to another.

The long-term one has no chance now of being dealt with and should therefore be (easier said than done) disregarded, but never forgotten.

We'll see!

What would your preferred revenge be? Like, do you want to fill someone in or kill them?

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What would your preferred revenge be? Like, do you want to fill someone in or kill them?

Definitely no violence.

Thunder and Lightning
2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Sorry, no.

They are too personal.

Absolute drama queen. You clearly wanted to be asked so you could post that. 

Should have just added it to your OP and saved everyone time. 😂