There is still some good in this world

CavySlaveJambo

CavySlaveJambo

We all know the news is almost always negative now.

However there is a local news channel that I follow in the US (mainly for True Crime reasons).  Every year they do a Secret Santa for November and December.  To help out local people who have done things for the community or who have done things like raising their siblings with things they need.   Groceries, Fuel for cars are the main ones.  

But it is so good to see some good in the world.  So if your interested - East Idaho News Secret Santa

Nice thread   I watched a heart warming video the other day and was going to post it on this but couldn’t find an appropriate thread . I’ll need to try find it and post . We need more good news / heart warning threads imo . 

Makes me think of the Son who's policeman father died and he went to an auction to buy the car he used on duty with a budget. To have some random guy from the town bid like 5 times the amount to then hand the Son the keys. Refused any interviews afterwards.

Just now, Day@theraces said:

Makes me think of the Son who's policeman father died and he went to an auction to buy the car he used on duty with a budget. To have some random guy from the town bid like 5 times the amount to then hand the Son the keys. Refused any interviews afterwards.

Lovely story ❤️

In among  individual stories of horrendous suffering & misfortune, there are sometimes  small  examples where goodness and humanity and  kindness has shone through to turn a life around.   

The 2 areas that spring to mind are the work of the Salvation Army and the SSPCA.   I donate each month to both, and find their newsletter cases quite   harrowing but their skill and determination to improve the lives of desperate  people and animals is just amazing & heart-warming. 

There’s a gas fitting company and plumbers in the North West of England called Depher that do a lot of good work for poor people especially pensioners. They get calls about pensioners that have been either ripped off or given ridiculous quotes for central heating repairs and do the work for free and call out the cowboy companies. Some of the stuff on their twitter feed is outrageous, OAPs getting charged hundreds of pounds for repairs that cost a few quid. They rely a lot on donations as their jobs have grown. Hugh Grant and his wife recently gave them £20k and only agreed to it being made public so it would highlight the issue. The bloke who runs it seems to quite like the attention but he’s doing good work so you can overlook that I reckon. 

12 hours ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

I think this is also good news Missing Boy found after 6 years

Yes it was odd . The thing i

dong understand is why he was declared missing as a parent can their child anywhere they want. ? Unless there was a legal order in place ? 

5 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes it was odd . The thing i

dong understand is why he was declared missing as a parent can their child anywhere they want. ? Unless there was a legal order in place ? 

The mother didn't have parental rights those lay with his grand mother 

1 minute ago, lou said:

The mother didn't have parental rights those lay with his grand mother 

I thought as much. Thanks.