Beating Celtic at Parkhead

Francis Albert

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

91-92, 2-1 shortly after New Year. Crabbe and Millar iirc? The win took us top. The next week we got humped 4-0 at home by the mutton molestors.

:lol:

we were a few points top of the league with the usual “you’ve got to win in Glasgow to win the league”

we win in Glasgow ….. then humped by Aberdeen airdrie and rangers who went top after beating us and stayed top 

first victory v Celtic I saw at Tynecastle was drew busby double first at parkhead robbo 1/0 in 1985

:)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MoncurMacdonaldMercer

• N Lincs Jambo

• stirlo

• Fitzroy Pointon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Arthur Morgan
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

The last game I was at parkhead was 2005 (just looked up the year). Travelled on the Dickens bus and goals from Lee Miller and Mark Burchill saw us win 2-0. I stopped going to as many away games a couple of seasons later. More due to personal stuff than anything happening at the club and have never regularly attended away matches since. 

Last time I seen us win there too.

6 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

we were a few points top of the league with the usual “you’ve got to win in Glasgow to win the league”

we win in Glasgow ….. then humped by Aberdeen airdrie and rangers who went top after beating us and stayed top 

first victory v Celtic I saw at Tynecastle was drew busby double first at parkhead robbo 1/0 in 1985

Was 1985 the first win in 20 years or something at Parkhead 

Heartsmad1874

First time winning there today. What a feeling

Great to see them so upset aswell. They threw quite a few objects towards the end and a few young laddies with faces covered appeared only to run for it when the polis got off their arse.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

1 hour ago, Sydney said:

I was there too.  It was my first trip to Parkhead.

I was there - drove up from London in my mini. Then back to Ayrshire to see the highlights on sportscene. My pals dad said - ‘these hearts fans look happy!’

54 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

What a day that was. 

One of the best matches I've ever seen in person. Cameron was brilliant, but how good was that double save from Niemi!!

N Lincs Jambo
15 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

I was at the Drew Busby double game. There was about 15 of us from school, 14 Hearts and 1 Celtic in the school end. Bear in mind that was the first game after segregation but the poor lad got it tight and then some.

First victory against them i was at was the 4-1 in 1972. My Celtic supporter old man kicked a Celtic supporter on Dalry Road for pushing his 8 year old son out of his way. He was a good guy for a Celtic fan 😂 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
4 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

I was at the Drew Busby double game. There was about 15 of us from school, 14 Hearts and 1 Celtic in the school end. Bear in mind that was the first game after segregation but the poor lad got it tight and then some.

First victory against them i was at was the 4-1 in 1972. My Celtic supporter old man kicked a Celtic supporter on Dalry Road for pushing his 8 year old son out of his way. He was a good guy for a Celtic fan 😂 

blood is thicker than football allegiance - not always but it was in this case

n lincs jambo’s old man 👏😃

Heartsmad1874
7 minutes ago, SecN said:

Hoping any of our lot that travelled got out from that sh!thole and home safely. 

Never understand why as soon as you walk out of Celtic Park or Ibrox you’re right on top of them lot walking past you. Guess they were more angry at their board than wanting to cause trouble with us but there was a lot of wee angry guys beside the away end 🤣🤣

Just now, Heartsmad1874 said:

Never understand why as soon as you walk out of Celtic Park or Ibrox you’re right on top of them lot walking past you. Guess they were more angry at their board than wanting to cause trouble with us but there was a lot of wee angry guys beside the away end 🤣🤣

It was good not to be held back for 20 minutes. Didn't see any trouble. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

a few happy threads on the go tonight

no sign of some of our very best fans :lol:

must be out celebrating - that’ll be it

:rofl:

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Ford as I recall jinked along the 18 yard line before slotting the ball home. Great day ... Just 54 years ago.

I can’t really remember Donald’s goal to be fair but the one Jensen scored from near the byline I will always remember, it might have been a cross though!

2 hours ago, Boozyuzi said:

Was there one when we beat them there and Robbo scored and was later carried off injured?   1985 ish

Game 2 of our 31 match unbeaten run. My first win of 3 at CP. Celtic in 1992 and Rangers in 1998. 
Should have had two or three more but refereeing decisions when leading cost us, the worst being December 1987.

3 hours ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

I was there when we won 2-3, what a day, we f memory serves me right, Simpson,Cameron and Neighsmith 

I was in the Tic end that day, free ticket given to me...what a day that was, having to sit on my hands or get a kick-in!!!! 

4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

How many have experienced this? Apart from today that is. In November 1969 I saw Hearts beat Celtic 2-0 at Parkhead, Celtic (then recent European champions and one of the best teams in Europe). Wth goals from Donald Ford and Roald Jensen. Before today had we done it since then? 

Was at this game. Crowd was silent. No segregation in these days...👍

3 hours ago, Салатные палочки said:

Was at the 3-2 in 99/00 and the 2-0 in 2005. The day the pope died. Rumour is that was the straw that broke the camels back. 

:pleasing:

millerjames398

Closest i came was a 2 each draw after being 2 down..JC and stevie frail equalised in the last minute...felt ****in fantastic all the same 😂🇱🇻

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

91-92, 2-1 shortly after New Year. Crabbe and Millar iirc? The win took us top. The next week we got humped 4-0 at home by the mutton molestors.

Was it that long **** me 😆

We won in my first match at Celtic Park (2-1 on 4 January 1992). We scored both goals in about a minute.

It was our second consecutive win against Celtic (3-1 in November).

12 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

Closest i came was a 2 each draw after being 2 down..JC and stevie frail equalised in the last minute...felt ****in fantastic all the same 😂🇱🇻

I vaguely remember a 2-2 where Mike Galloway scored, they bought him for 500k not long after.

millerjames398
Just now, Japan Jambo said:

I vaguely remember a 2-2 where Mike Galloway scored, they bought him for 500k not long after.

Think it was 94 or 95 same day as the grand national, Mike Galloway was one of my heroes when i 1st started goin..probably based on his European goals😂🇱🇻

4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

How many have experienced this? Apart from today that is. In November 1969 I saw Hearts beat Celtic 2-0 at Parkhead, Celtic (then recent European champions and one of the best teams in Europe). Wth goals from Donald Ford and Roald Jensen. Before today had we done it since then? 

I was there that day too, FA.  Great display with two goals by real Hearts' legends but Rene Moller was the guy who really stole the show.

1 hour ago, Dsjambo said:

I can’t really remember Donald’s goal to be fair but the one Jensen scored from near the byline I will always remember, it might have been a cross though!

I'm sure Donald poked it in from 6 yard box but still a great goal though. Arthur Montford's comments on Scotsport highlights when both goals went in "Sensation!"

2 hours ago, Gizmo said:

One of the best matches I've ever seen in person. Cameron was brilliant, but how good was that double save from Niemi!!

Niemi. One of my all time favourite players. Doubly so after I kept his place in the queue in Sainsburys at Meadowbank after he forgot to pick up a tin of peaches. 

coatbridgejambo

Awfully quiet around here tonight don't no what's happened🤷‍♀️. Zombie apocalypse,new covid outbreak who knows. Can anyone shed some light on it.🤣  

4 hours ago, Салатные палочки said:

Was at the 3-2 in 99/00 and the 2-0 in 2005. The day the pope died. Rumour is that was the straw that broke the camels back. 

🤣🤣🤣🤪

vlad on the tyne

91/92 Crabbe and John millar. Fantastic away support that day. I was also at hampden for the hagen smash n grab victory. Been to a few draws after that but despise going there and not been there for several years. 

What year was the midweek league cup game that we won 2-0 and they got a man sent off? Pretty sure Velicka scored.

That's the last one I was at that we won.  

9 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

What year was the midweek league cup game that we won 2-0 and they got a man sent off? Pretty sure Velicka scored.

That's the last one I was at that we won.  

I had just started to follow Hearts in 09. I can't remember the cup game in part because I didn't know enough to think it unusual. I'm sure I didn't have a video subscription at the time, so I'm sure I just read an article about it and moved on.

I strangely have a very record of watching games against celtic, I have watched us against them 3 times and have seen 3 victories,

Twice at Tynecastle and once at Hampden (the Beattie game)

Have never been to Parkhead and doubt I ever will now I live in Australia,

Would have been a great experience tonight for those that went, 

I always think back to that semi final when I watched us beat them at Hampden, just a wonderful day from start to finish 😀 

5 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

I think that 0-4 defeat at home to Aberdeen is on my shortlist of most upsetting Hearts results ever. 

When we beat Celtic at Parkhead it was the first time that season I let my guard down and actually contemplated the thought that we could maybe win the league. Then BAM! A 0-4 sledgehammer right in the puss. 

Not sure where that result came fae but it was a game changer. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, coatbridgejambo said:

Awfully quiet around here tonight don't no what's happened🤷‍♀️. Zombie apocalypse,new covid outbreak who knows. Can anyone shed some light on it.🤣  

high volume high intensity poster(s) gone awol

the biggest hearts fan(s) on the internet go awol after a great once-a-decade-type win

🙀

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
4 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I think that 0-4 defeat at home to Aberdeen is on my shortlist of most upsetting Hearts results ever. 

When we beat Celtic at Parkhead it was the first time that season I let my guard down and actually contemplated the thought that we could maybe win the league. Then BAM! A 0-4 sledgehammer right in the puss. 

Not sure where that result came fae but it was a game changer. 

I was the same - you had to start to believe after winning at parkhead and I think we were about 7 points clear

if I remember well we were playing ok against Aberdeen but they scored in their first couple of attacks and we chased it and they continued to score from anywhere - was a bit of a freak game

airdrie then airdried us and that put rangers top of the table if they could win at tynecastle - which they did albeit in a close game 

Our walk back to Bridgeton Cross was both interesting and amusing. I’ve had to look up a few of the words we were called.

an amazing day, we had four Feyenoord guys alongside us, they had £50 on hearts at 12/1 so they seemed happy 😂😂

A great day with great lads. Well done Naisy and the boys!

Edited by sjh1874

queensferryjambo
12 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

How many have experienced this? 

I used to be a home and away regular for years, not anymore these days so I have seen us win at Parkhead vs Celtic in 1985 Robbo, 1992 Crabbe, Millar, 2000 Cameron & Naysmith, 2005 Miller & Burchill & 2007 Ivaskevicius, Driver & Pospisil. 

Missed both the league cup wins in the 2000s and missed yesterday.

If it kind of counts I was also at Hampden when we beat them in 1995 when Celtic used Hampden as a home ground for a season, David Hagen scored. 

For me the Crabbe & Millar game was my favourite out of the handful of wins I have been to. 

Fitzroy Pointon
6 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Disappointing lack of sharks there. 

What's the shark stuff about? Seen a few things on Twitter about it and a couple on here. 

I see someone else managed to sneak a home game in this thread (Busby 2 - Celtic 0)… I was at that one as well, and the Miller Crabbe one at Parkhead, that was probably the best. I’ve seen us beat them in Glasgow about 3 or 4 times plus a good few draws.

I’m sure, in the famous 85/86 season we were actually unbeaten against them home and away?  1-1 opening day of the season (should’ve beat them but usual 93rd min equaliser after JC scored) 1-0 (Robbo at Parkhead) 1-1 again at Tynie (Robbo) and then another 1-1 at Parkhead (Robbo again)

Maybe the ‘12 Semi was the best?

I don’t know what it was like in the away end yesterday when we were 2 up with all that time added on but I do remember when we were 4 up against their invincibles at Tynie with about 10 minutes to go and a lot of us were still nervous wrecks waiting on that final whistle… convinced they were going to get back in it… because we’d seen it all before! Well done the JTs.
Sack the bored! 

7 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I think the Velicka double was 2007. 2009 was 1-0 due to a mikey Stewart penalty iirc. Both were league cup quarter finals

My first win at Parkhead was a 2-1 victory with Wee Johnny Hamilton (Hammy) scoring both. Think it must have been in the early 60s. I remember being hit on the back of my head by a half eaten apple. Was just grateful it wasn’t a bottle.