Beating Celtic at Parkhead

Francis Albert

Francis Albert

How many have experienced this? Apart from today that is. In November 1969 I saw Hearts beat Celtic 2-0 at Parkhead, Celtic (then recent European champions and one of the best teams in Europe). Wth goals from Donald Ford and Roald Jensen. Before today had we done it since then? 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MoncurMacdonaldMercer

• N Lincs Jambo

• stirlo

• Fitzroy Pointon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The last game I was at parkhead was 2005 (just looked up the year). Travelled on the Dickens bus and goals from Lee Miller and Mark Burchill saw us win 2-0. I stopped going to as many away games a couple of seasons later. More due to personal stuff than anything happening at the club and have never regularly attended away matches since. 

Fitzroy Pointon

Was at the 3-2 in 99/00 and the 2-0 in 2005. The day the pope died. Rumour is that was the straw that broke the camels back. 

N Lincs Jambo

91-92, 2-1 shortly after New Year. Crabbe and Millar iirc? The win took us top. The next week we got humped 4-0 at home by the mutton molestors.

Fitzroy Pointon

Also, if counting beating them in Glasgow, the 1-0 win in '95 when David Hagen scored late on. Must have been about 200 Hearts fans that night. 

alicante jambo

Im 51 seen it just once crabbe and miller we were brilliant that day. On bbc sportsound coming home it went. And the goals came like this. Hearts are ripping celtic apart will never forget it.

6 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

I was there when we won 2-3, what a day, we f memory serves me right, Simpson,Cameron and Neighsmith 

Probably my favourite ever match I've attended. It was a Cameron double and Naysmith who scored although Simpson had his best performance in maroon.

The shine was taken off it slightly a few days later when Inverness CT beat them at Parkhead in the Scottish Cup.

Just now, jamdunc said:

Sure there was a cup win 2 nil there also. League cup I think. Possibly bednar scoring. All very vague I know

Velicka double 

alicante jambo
1 minute ago, jamdunc said:

Sure there was a cup win 2 nil there also. League cup I think. Possibly bednar scoring. All very vague I know

Velicka

14 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

How many have experienced this? Apart from today that is. In November 1969 I saw Hearts beat Celtic 2-0 at Parkhead, Celtic (then recent European champions and one of the best teams in Europe). Wth goals from Donald Ford and Roald Jensen. Before today had we done it since then? 

I was at that game as well, 2-0 against a Celtic that got to the European cup final that season. Roald scored from way out almost on the byline and Ford added a 2nd before halftime. Backs to the wall 2nd half but held on for the win. We were chased out the ground at full time and our bus was attacked as we tried to get out the car park. A great day though!

30 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Quite a few but not as many as I’d like to.  Velicka, Miller and Crabbe, et al 

I was there for both the league cup wins so the Velicka 2-0 game and the Stewart penalty game.

A less happy memory around that period I think was a game we were leading 1-0 and then lost a couple very late on to lose 2-1. 

SectionDJambo

The 1-0 in 85/86 when Robbo was injured and got treatment on the pitch for a while, resulting in an eternity of added time. Long before the board showed how much extra was being played. It was torture.

The 2-1 when John Millar and Scott Crabbe scored.

Can’t remember any others from my time of travelling to most games but we got a few draws and were robbed sometimes. 

8 minutes ago, stirlo said:

I was there for both the league cup wins so the Velicka 2-0 game and the Stewart penalty game.

A less happy memory around that period I think was a game we were leading 1-0 and then lost a couple very late on to lose 2-1. 

That was a real feature against Celtic in the 80s.

It was nervous stuff for me today, even with a few minutes to go.

39 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

Crabbo 

yeah Johnny Miller and Crabbo I was there. Haven’t been for a decade or more. Hate the place and our record there. Kudos to all that went 👍👍

2 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

That was a real feature against Celtic in the 80s.

It was nervous stuff for me today, even with a few minutes to go.

In a funny way I don't get nervous in these games until I think we are actually in danger of winning them - which basically means the last 3 of 4 minutes! I've just seen us lose so many late goals to both of the Old Firm down the years that even when we're leading 2-0 with 10 minutes to go, my working assumption is that we'll find a way to throw it away!

14 minutes ago, Boozyuzi said:

Was there one when we beat them there and Robbo scored and was later carried off injured?   1985 ish

I was there too.  It was my first trip to Parkhead.

Francis Albert
25 minutes ago, Dsjambo said:

I was at that game as well, 2-0 against a Celtic that got to the European cup final that season. Roald scored from way out almost on the byline and Ford added a 2nd before halftime. Backs to the wall 2nd half but held on for the win. We were chased out the ground at full time and our bus was attacked as we tried to get out the car park. A great day though!

Ford as I recall jinked along the 18 yard line before slotting the ball home. Great day ... Just 54 years ago.

58 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I was there mate. Its the only time I've seen us win at the old parkhead. That was a great result against a not too shabby side. I was on the excursion buses. Manor?

Spitonastranger

Just watched highlights on YouTube from stinky TV the pain is great  at one point before Kingslys goal he says Hearts are getting a fee kick every time the fall down. 😍

1 hour ago, Салатные палочки said:

Also, if counting beating them in Glasgow, the 1-0 win in '95 when David Hagen scored late on. Must have been about 200 Hearts fans that night. 

I was one of them, that was a strange night at Hampden 

Fantastic result today, as usual I watched Hearts tv fearing the worst in dark central France.  I think the local all know now about the magnificent Heart of Midlothian :)

i wish jj was my dad
52 minutes ago, Boozyuzi said:

Was there one when we beat them there and Robbo scored and was later carried off injured?   1985 ish

Start of the winning run. We played a super controlled game which was quite unlike Doddie. Season before we chucked a two goal lead through there. 

As a young laddie I remember thinking Levein was the best player in the country. Him and Jardine were imperious. 

1 hour ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

91-92, 2-1 shortly after New Year. Crabbe and Millar iirc? The win took us top. The next week we got humped 4-0 at home by the mutton molestors.

This one for me. Absolute riot in the Hearts end. Fantastic.  4th Jan 1992.  Scott Crabbe & John Millar. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

Fantastic to see us putting on on a fantastic performance at Parkhead. Beating them and not having one player getting a card. Brilliant sums it up.  A word of praise for the refereeing as well - I thought Clancy had a really good match today. Well done to him as well.

Edited by Deevers

N Lincs Jambo
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

This one for me. Absolute riot in the Hearts end. Fantastic.  4th Jan 1992.  Scott Crabbe & John Millar. 

Absolute bedlam. I was there with Mrs NLJ and ParisJambo who used to post on here. When the second went in I think I landed about 30 yards away from where I was originally standing. Anyone who was there will know what I’m talking about 😂 

1-0 in 1985/86

2-1 in 1991/92

1-0 in 1994/95 (Hampden)

2-1 in 2011/12 (Hampden)

I don't think I've been to Parkhead since a 0-5 thrashing in the mid-naughties. 2004 or 05, I think.

I was there in 1985 when we beat them 0-1. Robbo scored. 

That day was the one and only time I felt frightened leaving a football stadium. They chased us from the stadium down to the bus park and they were throwing stones and rocks at the buses. Even wee grannies throwing stuff. Our bus made it out of there intact but only just. 

Scary experience for a 10yo laddie. I had never experienced that kind of thing before. 

Edited by No Idle Talk

N Lincs Jambo
1 minute ago, No Idle Talk said:

I was there in 198 when we beat them 0-1. Robbo scored. 

That day was the one and only time I felt frightened leaving a football stadium. They chased us from the stadium down to the bus park and they were throwing stones and rocks at the buses. Even wee grannies throwing stuff. Our bus made it out of there intact but only just. 

Scary experience for a 10yo laddie. I had never experienced that kind of thing before. 

They must have been after revenge for what happened a year or so prior to that when the Gorgie Aggro leathered them on the London Road. I couldn’t believe my eyes when that happened, probably a bit like the result today tbf.

mickycameron98

I was there in 2000. 2-0 down and won 3-2. Cameron, Naismith and Cameron again with the winner. Niemi was outstanding that day along with many others.