Beating Celtic at Parkhead

Francis Albert

11 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

I think the Velicka double was 2007. 2009 was 1-0 due to a mikey Stewart penalty iirc. Both were league cup quarter finals

Yes - I was at both games and I think you're correct. They said yesterday that the Stewart penalty game was the last time we had won at Parkhead and that it was in 2009.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MoncurMacdonaldMercer

• N Lincs Jambo

• stirlo

• Fitzroy Pointon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, cosanostra said:

What year was the midweek league cup game that we won 2-0 and they got a man sent off? Pretty sure Velicka scored.

That's the last one I was at that we won.  

24 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

I think the Velicka double was 2007. 2009 was 1-0 due to a mikey Stewart penalty iirc. Both were league cup quarter finals

7 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Definitely 2007. We actually won twice in 2007 with a 3-1 win in the league and then the cup win on Halloween if I recall correctly. 

The 1-0 win in 2009 courtesy of a penalty by Michael Stewart. Actually an awful penalty that somehow went in!

1 hour ago, Салатные палочки said:

What's the shark stuff about? Seen a few things on Twitter about it and a couple on here. 

During the end of Lennon's tenure there's a photo of a boy throwing a railing and it looked like a shark. 

IMG-20231216-WA0023.jpg

26 minutes ago, stirlo said:

Yes - I was at both games and I think you're correct. They said yesterday that the Stewart penalty game was the last time we had won at Parkhead and that it was in 2009.

Sorry mate thought you meant the Velicka game was 2009!

14 hours ago, cazzyy said:

Cup game - Velicka 👍

That was my last time at Celtic Park ! Detest the place, but that's a good memory of it.

N Lincs Jambo
12 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

blood is thicker than football allegiance - not always but it was in this case

n lincs jambo’s old man 👏😃

Long before my time on the earth, my dad took my mum to Parkhead. They were on honeymoon in Ayr but stopped it a day early to take in Celtic v Hearts. September 1951, Celtic 1 - 3 Hearts, scorers Conn, Bauld and Wardhaugh. It was her first game of football anywhere but what a first game to have. She was Hearts obviously being Corstorphine born and bred!

Nelly Terraces
14 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

I was there in 1985 when we beat them 0-1. Robbo scored. 

That day was the one and only time I felt frightened leaving a football stadium. They chased us from the stadium down to the bus park and they were throwing stones and rocks at the buses. Even wee grannies throwing stuff. Our bus made it out of there intact but only just. 

Scary experience for a 10yo laddie. I had never experienced that kind of thing before. 

That was my 1st win there as well, absolutely superb. I remember we got a draw there before that game when Jimmy Bone equalised with a great lob over Twat Bonners head, and that felt like a bloody win so Robbo actually getting us one was beyond my wildest dreams.:D

Think my last one was that Crabbo/Millar game, utter bedlam in the away end that day, think we took about 5000 through... ah they were the days.

Fitzroy Pointon
1 hour ago, BlueRiver said:

During the end of Lennon's tenure there's a photo of a boy throwing a railing and it looked like a shark. 

IMG-20231216-WA0023.jpg

:rofl:

That's funnier than i thought it would be. 

coatbridgejambo
9 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

high volume high intensity poster(s) gone awol

the biggest hearts fan(s) on the internet go awol after a great once-a-decade-type win

🙀

😄

I was meaning around here where I live. Reading my post back now sober I realise it wasn't very clear 😄

Exile fae Main Street

My only win was the 2-0 game in 1969, my 1st time at Darkheid, nae segregation....plenty other visits but nae wins, moved tae the Deep South in 87, game time limited after that, did see a certain win there in 1998.....but that was the Huns😀😃😀

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
7 hours ago, coatbridgejambo said:

😄

I was meaning around here where I live. Reading my post back now sober I realise it wasn't very clear 😄

ahh Coatbridge - yes presumably all inside making their Brenda out podcasts

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
9 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Long before my time on the earth, my dad took my mum to Parkhead. They were on honeymoon in Ayr but stopped it a day early to take in Celtic v Hearts. September 1951, Celtic 1 - 3 Hearts, scorers Conn, Bauld and Wardhaugh. It was her first game of football anywhere but what a first game to have. She was Hearts obviously being Corstorphine born and bred!

yeah not a bad first game especially with the scorers

you’ve done well with parents - old man protecting you from the Celtic fan and more importantly your mum bringing you up a hearts supporter :lol:

2006 we lost 1-0 to a goal by Hartson in 5 mins. Should have had a penalty when Balde took out Bednar IIRC. Webster had a goal ruled off. For 85 minutes we pummelled them  The Celtic fan I spoke to said he never seen a Scottish team dominate them before as much as we had.

N Lincs Jambo
1 minute ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

yeah not a bad first game especially with the scorers

you’ve done well with parents - old man protecting you from the Celtic fan and more importantly your mum bringing you up a hearts supporter :lol:

Hard to believe I know MMM but it was actually my dad who encouraged me to support Hearts. My mum was Hearts because of where she grew up but wasn’t really interested in football at all.

My dad played at a decent level and encouraged me to support my local team. There were other reasons but I didn’t know about those till long after he died.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
13 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Hard to believe I know MMM but it was actually my dad who encouraged me to support Hearts. My mum was Hearts because of where she grew up but wasn’t really interested in football at all.

My dad played at a decent level and encouraged me to support my local team. There were other reasons but I didn’t know about those till long after he died.

sounds a top man - although a Celtic fan I’m sure he would’ve given you yesterday - it’s only about once a decade after all :(   :lol:

On 16/12/2023 at 18:42, Francis Albert said:

How many have experienced this? Apart from today that is. In November 1969 I saw Hearts beat Celtic 2-0 at Parkhead, Celtic (then recent European champions and one of the best teams in Europe). Wth goals from Donald Ford and Roald Jensen. Before today had we done it since then? 

I was there, aged 15 on the Penicuik bus. There's been a few. Robbo 1-0 in 85 started the 31 game run unbeaten. The 3-2 after being 2 down.

Francis Albert
22 hours ago, Section Q said:

Was at this game. Crowd was silent. No segregation in these days...👍yb

Dad and I were in the Jungle opposite the main stand. Discovered at the end of the game the back.of our jackets had been covered in spit.

Edited by Francis Albert

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Dad and I were on the Jungle opposite the main stand. Discovered at the end of the game the back.of our jackets had been covered in spit.

I was behind the goals, 12 years old with another 12 yo. Wouldn't allow a kid to travel unaccompanied to these games now. Our supporters bus was damaged with Tim's chucking bricks at us. 

First time I ever went was in 2005 when we won 2-0 with Mark Burchill and Lee Miller scoring. Was also there for our league cup win from a Mickey Stewart pen. Not a bad record considering i’ve only ever been there a handful of times.

Was at the 1-1 game during the romanov era when burley had us flying think rudi scored. Was also at a 0-0 I think last game of the season when celtic needed rangers to lose to win the league (which they didn't) they were the closest I've come to seeing a win there. The draw under romanov was class though we were full of confidence amd had a big support (for modern day times through there) and got held back for 30 minutes after the game and it was jumping. 

The rest if the times have been grim though and not been in a long time.  Fair play to those that went on Saturday the clips look brilliant. 

I have seen us draw at Parkhead quite a few times but it was never my favourite trip so I have never seen Hearts beat Celtic there.  I think we have to milk this for all it's worth.  Their first home defeat in league since 2017 50 odd games.  Our first win against them in Glasgow since 2012, first league win in Glasgow against them since 2007.  Could be argued that these stats are a bit shameful but not really when we compare with everyone else.  Saturday was a monumental win.  If that doesn't give the team confidence then I don't know what does.  Massive game on Saturday against St Midden.  The first game after a big win is usually the hardest to negotiate but I think we will be up for it and won't underestimate the opposition.   Is everything rosy at Tynecastle?  No.  Are things looking a damn site better than they were before the weekend?  100%

13 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Atkinson being back has balanced us better, easy to see.

he was terrific on Saturday and did so well to play virtually the full 90 minutes. The whole defence were great but him and Cochrane largely nullified their wide players which gave us the platform to win. Whole team ran their hearts out and fair play to Grant for playing on after getting injured early doors

N Lincs Jambo
15 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

sounds a top man - although a Celtic fan I’m sure he would’ve given you yesterday - it’s only about once a decade after all :(   :lol:

Never experienced that while he was still alive. 69 was just too early and he was long gone by Robbo’s 1-0 in 85. 

6 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

he was terrific on Saturday and did so well to play virtually the full 90 minutes. The whole defence were great but him and Cochrane largely nullified their wide players which gave us the platform to win. Whole team ran their hearts out and fair play to Grant for playing on after getting injured early doors

It looked like they targeted Grant. I counted at least 3 bad tackles against him in the first 15 minutes. No cards and not even a word from the ref. I wonder if this was a deliberate ploy and they were looking for him to react. Our discipline was incredible- 3 fouls in the whole game against us. When has that ever happened before against one of the uglies?

My first time and only time seeing them win there was October 85 also. Left just as full time whistle went and was walking back as the Jungle emptied - scarf hidden. They were complaining about them only taking a point off us in the games to date - if memory serves they didn’t beat us at all that season. Almost unbelievable to think of that happening now.

Seen a few draws but it’s a horrible venue for a spectator- well - May 1998 apart. 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

Last time I was there we drew 0-0.

It was the last game of the season. The Huns played Dundee United and won 3-0 to win the league. 

I remember Rangers fans played a trick on the Celtic fans by somehow leading them to believe United had taken the lead but they hadn’t. Celtic fans were all singing happy and then when it turned out to be fake we were the ones laughing. There’s a video on YouTube you see Paul Hartley smiling at the ref thinking United took the lead.

I like Barry Anderson's typo in the EEN.

"...Hearts win in Glasgow's easy end..."

I hope it was deliberate.

Never seen us win there in the flesh, but just looked up the stats and we've won 6 times* at Celtic Park in my entire life. I'm 30 years old.

*Would be 7 but they moved to Hampden briefly.