Shankland contract extension ( merged )

Jackhmfc1348

Super_Hans
5 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

I dunno if it’s just me but a canny take to that Ewan Cameron guy at all. Doubling down on his stance shanks won’t be signing a deal unless we offer better terms than what’s on the table and he would sell to rangers with wright as part of a deal. Rarely hear him speak highly of us for a so called jambo 

Guy is an absolute rasper. Best ignored. 

Scott Wright 😂

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Sooks

Dallas Green
25 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

I dunno if it’s just me but a canny take to that Ewan Cameron guy at all. Doubling down on his stance shanks won’t be signing a deal unless we offer better terms than what’s on the table and he would sell to rangers with wright as part of a deal. Rarely hear him speak highly of us for a so called jambo 

Aye that's a proper heads gone moment. No phm wants to sell him to Rangers.

PaddysBar
26 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

He used to post on here. Jambothroughandthrough I think his name was. 

1 hour ago, KG1874 said:

He's a complete bellend. A slavering ringpiece of a man.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

A complete clown show on here as well.

innerjambo
2 hours ago, KG1874 said:

It's just bizarre what he comes out with. Almost as if he's a closet hun, wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. 

5 hours ago, Carter said:

He's a complete bellend. A slavering ringpiece of a man.

And thats being polite.   Maybe he was a jambo once but years of pulling his pants down to get west coast listeners has made him an old firm cheerleader. 

33 minutes ago, Lego said:

And thats being polite.   Maybe he was a jambo once but years of pulling his pants down to get west coast listeners has made him an old firm cheerleader. 

Rangers cheerleader is more accurate. He's like their pet whereas Celtic fans hate him.

7 hours ago, KG1874 said:

He is an old firm lickspittle and bezza mates with Keith Jackson

Malinga the Swinga
8 hours ago, KG1874 said:

He isn't and never has been a Hearts supporter. He has allegiance to Decide, and sling with his friend Jackson never misses an opportunity to undermine Hearts.

He is, in other words, a piece of shit

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Super_Hans said:

Guy is an absolute rasper. Best ignored. 

Scott Wright 😂

Wright would be a cracking signing. 

We should be trying to get him, sure he's out of contract this summer.

13 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

He isn't and never has been a Hearts supporter. He has allegiance to Decide, and sling with his friend Jackson never misses an opportunity to undermine Hearts.

He is, in other words, a piece of shit

Are there two Ewan Camerons then. The one I know is a radio presenter, definitely a Hearts fan from Wester Hailes. Journalist with the same name?

Disser Pointon
16 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I happen to agree on that point, wasted on the Rangers bench.

Disser Pointon
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Are there two Ewan Camerons then. The one I know is a radio presenter, definitely a Hearts fan from Wester Hailes. Journalist with the same name?

Nope, same twat.

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah,  why is everyone piling in on him?

Very strange and an unexpected twist on this thread.

He's been called " a piece of shit" a few posts up?

Has he murdered/ raped someone?

Edited by Bazzas right boot

8 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

Just now, Disser Pointon said:

Nope, same twat.

It's not Jambothroughandthrough he posts as now. Can't mention his username as not posted on this thread. He still posts occasionally.

He seems to like doing bets that he'll wear Rangers or Celtic tops if they beat Hearts and also an over the top fan of The Proclaimers and their Sunshine on Leith song. Does the breakfast show on Greatest Hits Radio. Tbh, he just comes over as trying not to offend fans of other clubs. A harmless fool is the impression I get.

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He's been call " a piece of shit" a few posts up?

I don't mind his show in the mornings but don't listen to his football stuff other than the odd thing that's mentioned on his breakfast show.

Definitely a Hearts fan though.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
9 hours ago, wavydavy said:

On your example of Beni. I would imagine that the club would offer him a decent contract possibly with an exit clause if the right sort of money were bid for him and a good sell-on fee.

He could just see out his contract and hope that he gets something at the end of the season but he seems to be a man of his word and he said he would make money for Hearts.

Hopefully he will sign, but I suspect that if no approaches were made during the window he will be more inclined to sign for whatever improved, or continued, offer Hearts might make. Of course, if, say, half a dozen Championship clubs made an approach, his confidence that a lucrative move is highly possible will be piqued, but if none, or just one or two not very enticing approaches were made, any resolve to do right by Hearts might well become his reality.

26 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Huns that I know at work can't stand him, were gutted when he didn't leave recently.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Craig_ said:

Huns that I know at work can't stand him, were gutted when he didn't leave recently.

Unsure of your point tbh.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don't mind his show in the mornings but don't listen to his football stuff other than the odd thing that's mentioned on his breakfast show.

Definitely a Hearts fan though.

Yeah, and the vitriol seems a bit OTT?

What's he done?

29 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

2025 unfortunately. 

Do agree though. He's pissing in the wind at Ibrox. 

Sadly I think he'll have got used to the money on offer at Rangers, so will probably expect similar or he's not interested. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I'm maybe completely wrong but is it not Ewan Murray you are thinking of?

kingantti1874

Ewan Cameron 100% posted on here as jambothroughandthrough. Was a long time ago would be surprised if anyone else is using that name. 

never did much wrong, in his role as a broadcaster he had to maybe be kinder to the weegies than we would ideally like.

haven’t listen to his show for years.  Maybe all the abuse he took left him with a chip on his shoulder

Edited by kingantti1874

6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He's been call " a piece of shit" a few posts up?

That’s my bad. By saying “I dunno if it’s just me” it’s opened the floor for everyone’s opinion on the guy, clearly

It’s not just me who canny take to him but I took the thread off topic with my comment. 

People will take to some media types and not others I suppose . I like Ewan Murray and I do not like Ewen Cameron very much . Hearts supporter or not some personalities are just easier to take to than others 

4 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

OK, no longer am I 'maybe' completely wrong😔

😁👍

HamishMcGonagall

Pretty sure Ewan Cameron was really struggling with his mental health not so long ago, so folk should maybe not be so keen to let everyone know how much they dislike him. You never know how much your throwaway online comment can affect someone.

11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yeah, and the vitriol seems a bit OTT?

What's he done?

I think he's just a bit soft really. Just wants everyone to like him. Suffers from panic attacks and spoke recently about his struggles with mental health. Harmless and not in the same bracket as the likes of Keith Jackson or some of the other dicks.

AC Mallin_51

Ewan Cameron definitely not to everyone’s taste but jeez he’s being piled on quite hard here, strangely on a thread about shankland. I personally don’t mind the guy

Calling someone out for saying Shankland should go to Rangers when they are supposedly a Hearts fan is fair enough, especially if he's telling porkies to get hits/clicks/views about the offer we've made. Anything more personal is not on though.

9 hours ago, KG1874 said:

He’s an idiot

9 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

I remember him. I’m sure he left this place in a huge huff after being called out for some of the stuff he was spouting off on his radio slot and on here. He came over as a complete roaster. 

46 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Ewan Cameron 100% posted on here as jambothroughandthrough. Was a long time ago would be surprised if anyone else is using that name. 

never did much wrong, in his role as a broadcaster he had to maybe be kinder to the weegies than we would ideally like.

haven’t listen to his show for years.  Maybe all the abuse he took left him with a chip on his shoulder

He did, he posts under a different name now. Was on the Edinburgh history thread before Christmas.

27 minutes ago, kila said:

Calling someone out for saying Shankland should go to Rangers when they are supposedly a Hearts fan is fair enough, especially if he's telling porkies to get hits/clicks/views about the offer we've made. Anything more personal is not on though.

Yep. Its really not that hard. If you don't want to be criticised, don't come out with silly things :D 

And any Hearts fan talking about Shankland moving to the hun in anything less than negative terms needs to have a word with themselves. Why the **** would anyone mentally entertain our best player moving to a domestic rival? Just weird. 

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yep. Its really not that hard. If you don't want to be criticised, don't come out with silly things :D 

And any Hearts fan talking about Shankland moving to the hun in anything less than negative terms needs to have a word with themselves. Why the **** would anyone mentally entertain our best player moving to a domestic rival? Just weird. 

It would be almost understandable if he, and other pundits in media, said Shankland could perhaps look to get down South for new experience but nope, it is Shankland should go to Rangers and Hearts should just accept whatever their heroes as prepared to offer. 

Scottish media are nothing more than Rangers (and Celtic) fanboys.

John Findlay

Ewan Cameron is to Sports journalism, what Citizen Khan was to situation comedy.

TexasAndy
7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

It would be almost understandable if he, and other pundits in media, said Shankland could perhaps look to get down South for new experience but nope, it is Shankland should go to Rangers and Hearts should just accept whatever their heroes as prepared to offer. 

And they are the first to bemoan the lack of competition in Scottish Football.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

100% - What annoys me is the lack of a Hearts perspective on it - Yes objectively, Rangers are a bigger club that play on a bigger stage. But Shankland is under contract and this idea that Rangers just rip off some £20 sheets and chuck them at us and we're supposed to meekly accept is just ****ing offensive. 

Euan Cameron for example, as the so called Hearts voice should be highlighting pretty voraciously that there are 18 months on his contract, he's our best striker since Robbo and his goals will go a long way to delivering successive 3rd place finishes and a combined £10m in prize money. There is no deal Rangers can offer which is beneficial to our club. Chucking us some cast offs like Wright or whoever, whilst potentially welcome, doesn't negate how big a hole filing Shanks place in the squad would be but because of the media, all they are seeing is the Rangers side of this and totally and utterly failing to recognise Hearts position. TBH Its a bit like the Dhanda situaiton, Ross County value him at X we value him at Y, if County are not satisfied with Y, then they don't sell him and we don't get the player. We don't have a right to him just because we're a bigger club. 

I think a stage further is highlighting that he doesn't fit Clements style of football either. Rangers play with a pacey striker, Shankland as we've seen doesn't have pace to burn so likely wouldn't be able to get on the end of the quick attacks Clement is trying make a staple of their way of playing. He would AT BEST be a bit part player thrown on to score goals when they need one. Shankland wouldn't be going there as Clements number 9. If Shankland played like Leigh Griffiths, I could totally see him fitting into Clements style of play, but he's more of a Kris Boyd type and that isn't how Rangers are playing. IMHO it would be Lafferty all over again - and I'm fairly confident Gerrard didn't want him either. 

15 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Totally lickspittals for the Old Firm. The simmering outrage at our refusal to go belly up for The Rangers is pathetic.  It’s almost as bad as the absolute self entitlement on some of the on-line media stuff that’s obviously produced by petted lip dribbling Rangers affectionados. 

By The Light..
11 minutes ago, Deevers said:

petted lip dribbling Rangers affectionados. 

Brilliant, they are the peeple though and obviously entitled to get what they need.

If Hearts are serious about challenging they cannot ever be selling to our rivals

34 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Just over two days to run to find out whether Shanks is staying, or not. 🥸

Well I hope we have a replacement lined up should someone come in with a late bid for him.

jamboinglasgow

Sky sports reporting that we have an improved offer to Shankland (second offer we have made him)

Shankland offered improved Hearts deal

Sky Sports understands Hearts have made a second contract offer to captain Lawrence Shankland.

The Edinburgh side put a new deal to the striker earlier this month however it wasn’t accepted by the Scotland international.

They have now offered improved terms that would tie Shankland to the club for the next three-and-a-half years.

Shankland has scored 20 goals this season for club and country.

It'll be absolutely horrible losing him anyway... but this late in a window will feel much worse. I know it's a personal thing and these guys have to put themselves and family first - but to leave fans hanging for the entire window only to see you leave is a kick in the guts to those that pitch into the club you play for. No dig at Shankland of course, every situation differs. But it's going to be a massive upper or a massive downer in the next 48hrs or so.

From Sky Sports

Shankland offered improved Hearts deal

Sky Sports understands Hearts have made a second contract offer to captain Lawrence Shankland.

The Edinburgh side put a new deal to the striker earlier this month however it wasn’t accepted by the Scotland international.

They have now offered improved terms that would tie Shankland to the club for the next three-and-a-half years.

Shankland has scored 20 goals this season for club and country.

AlimOzturk
35 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Well I hope we have a replacement lined up should someone come in with a late bid for him.

Took 25 Years to replace our last 20+ goal

a season striker. Expect it’ll not happen in a January transfer window if Shankland does leave.