Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )

Sooks

vegas-voss
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Recovering from a bad time and needs games at a good level to keep his place in Wales squad for play-offs.  Soton is just along the road from Bournemouth as well 

He says in the interview he wasn't worried where he went so why not send him to your new partner club.The reason is obvious they see him as too good to go there.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• 1971fozzy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Foley is ancient and will probably peg it soon.

If he does get ill, i'll bet his family will not have any inclination to waste their inheritance on Hibs.

It'll be like when Brooks Mileson's son pulled the plug on his dad's Gretna ego trip the minute he had a heart attack.

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

James Anderson has been putting this level of investment into Hearts for years, with no expectations of any personal gain.

Absolutely. 

Hibs fans think this is amazing. 

Hearts fans think it's shite. 

If the shoe was on the other foot the roles would be reversed. 

We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Hoping for a faceless cast of millions with a serious disconnect to the fans.

vegas-voss
3 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Hoping for a faceless cast of millions with a serious disconnect to the fans.

I really don't think it would I think most Hearts fans would be horrified at it.I don't think we have helped dig our team out the shit just to give it away like this.

Edited by vegas-voss

brunoatemyhamster

Said it before, and I'll say it again. 

If this is now a trendy thing to invest in football clubs up here and it's all been approved by the SPFL, then let Hibs have Bournemouth. 

Shitey billionaire that will get blown away by anyone that fancies it. 

Its not a City or a Newcastle investment! 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

Heartsofgold
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

As it stands,I'm not worried but what i will say over time, if he's prepared to pay higher wages like the loan deals for Maolida,and Marcondes then it could become a problem.

As they will be on high wages.

This is why i want Hearts to expand wage budget.

You do realis that our wage budget is currently 75% of our total income?!?!   How high do you want it to go realistically?!?!  

Just now, vegas-voss said:

I really don't think it would I think most Hearts fans would be horrified at it.I don't think we have helped dog out team out the shit just to give it away like this.

It's not a billion miles away from what Romanov did, though we were at the top of that tree and there won't be any golden sticks.  Probably.

I don't think there's any way to separate yourself in 3rd on a long term basis at a cost that will be attractive to Foletly, his primary interest will be getting sellable assets into Bournemouth.  That might be good for Hibs in individual cases but it might also hamper their trading potential.

The important thing to remember is they'll find a way to Hibs it

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

James Anderson has been putting this level of investment into Hearts for years, with no expectations of any personal gain.

I think that is often forgotten with Anderson (and other benefactors.) The level they have put over the last 8/9 years is easily into eight figures. That money has not be squandered on buying players or wages, which fans would love but could easily end up in signing players on high wages who end up being poor and difficult to shift. What has been key to the investment is improving facilities that means greater revenue (which also has a factor in impressing more potential players.)

As in all these things, fans of a club need to think what does the new owner want from your club? Whats a realistic goal for a new investor, not what would be amazing? What are the cons of this owner?

It seems to me, that ultimately Hibs fans are happy to sell the clubs soul on the view that they hope they will suddenly become a clear third force in Scottish football. I dont blame them having that dream. I think there would be a few fans wanting Hearts to do the same if they thought it would mean that we push the Old Firm. But I think they are being unrealistic.

The club still needs to be run sensibly so needs its income and outgoings to be similar. So they are not suddenly going to start making their wage bill go shooting up. If there is a £6m investment and it is indeed going on the stadium and training ground, then to me that is the sensible approach. They are better doing things like us to improve their earnings and have the top level of training facilities to best prepare their players and attract new ones.

Recruitment will be interesting, they obviously will get a few Bournemouth players each season on loan, but is Foley going to push to restructure their recruitment set up? Are they going to have a shared recruitment network with the other teams in the group? I do think there is scope to get young talented players to be signed by Hibs from overseas markets like South America and use Hibs to get around work permit then build them up to sell, but money needs to be there.

The key thing is that Hibs are no longer their own entity deciding their own future, they are now part of a group whose lead ultimately decides who is more important in the teams in the group that others.

Loving the optimism from Hibs supporting mates. Expect to be 3rd force but we are only 10 points behind Rangers so wonder how close they expect to be. 

They might finish top 6 regularly which would be an improvement for them.

Benny Klack
21 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

It's not a billion miles away from what Romanov did, though we were at the top of that tree and there won't be any golden sticks.  Probably.

I don't think there's any way to separate yourself in 3rd on a long term basis at a cost that will be attractive to Foletly, his primary interest will be getting sellable assets into Bournemouth.  That might be good for Hibs in individual cases but it might also hamper their trading potential.

The important thing to remember is they'll find a way to Hibs it

You are 100% spot on with that last sentence. This is Hibs - they will Hibs it 😂

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, jackal said:

Loving the optimism from Hibs supporting mates. Expect to be 3rd force but we are only 10 points behind Rangers so wonder how close they expect to be. 

They might finish top 6 regularly which would be an improvement for them.

hibs will never be the “third force” they may occasionally finish 3rd but they are the 5th biggest team in the country by every metric. Closer to Dundee United that hearts. 

Captain Sausage

I struggle with the actual purpose here from Bournemouth's perspective...

I think there were some comments that it doesn't take a significant investment to grab hold of third place in our league, which is probably fair. But that investment needs to be 5-10m pa to ensure they catch then stay ahead of us. I don't understand what the return is for them?

That money won't get you near the old firm. And with our guaranteed Euro places possibly disappearing as early as next season, I don't see how the finances add up to making it a sound investment...

If buying Hibs is purely a means to gaining British work permits for non-EU players, why not just buy a cheaper Premier League club like Kilmarnock or Livingston? There is clearly something extra in the background that motivates the Bournemouth owner to pick Hibs.

Is this a potential golden goose for Hibs? Maybe, but pretty doubtful.

Is this loaded with risk of going tits up and sinking Hibs? Possibly.

Am I shitting the bed that Hibs might catch us? No, not really.

We are growing organically, with FOH and the benefactors delivering off-the-pitch value for the club which provides long-term revenue to the club. Hibs are looking for a quick fix and I just cannot see where the benefit is for those putting the money in...

Edited by Captain Sausage

8 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Hibs are looking for a quick fix and I just cannot see where the benefit is for those putting the money in...

I've just done a bit of research on Foley and Black Knights etc. They are well funded well connected, with American stock market listed Co's and other 'sports franchise' owners involved in their ownership. But, Hibs are a miniature cog in the workings of the machine they are planning. 

But they obviously think they see a way of getting a return on their investment. 

"Over time, BKFC intends to build a global network of world-class football players, clubs, and real estate assets to produce operational synergies, accelerate player development, enable efficient player migration across BKFC’s network of owned and operated clubs, and drive strong on-field and financial results." 

What their time-frame is and what they expect from Hibs is unclear at the moment, but I suppose if they don't get some form of return they will quite happily dispose of their investment as quickly as they have acquired it.

buzzbomb1958
14 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

I struggle with the actual purpose here from Bournemouth's perspective...

I think there were some comments that it doesn't take a significant investment to grab hold of third place in our league, which is probably fair. But that investment needs to be 5-10m pa to ensure they catch then stay ahead of us. I don't understand what the return is for them?

That money won't get you near the old firm. And with our guaranteed Euro places possibly disappearing as early as next season, I don't see how the finances add up to making it a sound investment...

If buying Hibs is purely a means to gaining British work permits for non-EU players, why not just buy a cheaper Premier League club like Kilmarnock or Livingston? There is clearly something extra in the background that motivates the Bournemouth owner to pick Hibs.

Is this a potential golden goose for Hibs? Maybe, but pretty doubtful.

Is this loaded with risk of going tits up and sinking Hibs? Possibly.

Am I shitting the bed that Hibs might catch us? No, not really.

We are growing organically, with FOH and the benefactors delivering off-the-pitch value for the club which provides long-term revenue to the club. Hibs are looking for a quick fix and I just cannot see where the benefit is for those putting the money in...

This stinks of Bournemouth trying to get round the FFP rules no more no less , I think I’d prefer to ask the Lorient fans how they feel this shenanigans has turned out for them 

Presumably any player loaned to the vermin or any player the vermin own, if they are good enough will be sent back to Bournemouth or sold to them?

can’t see them brining a player on to premiership level, more likely to Lorient B

The moneys better than not having it bur it remains to be seen what happens here, hibs are not high in this pyramid, and the pyramid itself isn’t exactly top tier.

If they can invest any extra money for the playing budget wisely in good talent for this league & supplement that with the loans from Bournemouth/Lorient then they might do well. They’ve got a pretty shite track record of spending their money on good players though & these loans could have a knock on effect on their own academy (youd also imagine Bournemouth will cherry pick the better ones). Failure to get Europe will likely see them still stuck in the same place as now.

What happens to Hibs if/when the mighty Bournemouth are relegated?

What happens to Hibs if/when this 80 year old man dies?

Whats happened to Lorient in France since Foleys investment and are their fans happy?

The 3 questions Hibs fans should be asking.

Which they won’t because if they’re honest they might not like the answers.

stevie1874
1 hour ago, Pilmuir said:

How much has Anderson put into Hearts? As im sure it’s all went into the infrastructure of club much like the 6mil quoted at the rodents 

vegas-voss

Going to be weird when they say This is Our City now when really it will be Bournemouth's if it's never not ours 🤣

Nucky Thompson

American investment companies are only interested in making dollars.

They strip all the assets then punt off the rest.

I would be scared if I was a hobo.

Going to end in tears 

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

I really don't think it would I think most Hearts fans would be horrified at it.I don't think we have helped dig our team out the shit just to give it away like this.

Before Vlad we might have been happy but not now

Even though its them I find it a bit depressing that a famous Scottish club can get eaten up by a two Bob, fly by night outfit from England who are smaller than they are. 

But then only Hibs could be a feeder team to a club smaller than their own.

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

American investment companies are only interested in making dollars.

They strip all the assets then punt off the rest.

I would be scared if I was a hobo.

Going to end in tears 

Hopefully end in a points deduction, relegation and oblivion.

4 minutes ago, Homme said:

Even though its them I find it a bit depressing that a famous Scottish club can get eaten up by a two Bob, fly by night outfit from England who are smaller than they are. 

But then only Hibs could be a feeder team to a club smaller than their own.

They aren't being bought by an outfit from England. 

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

I don’t think it’s shite and I’m not sure why Hibs fans are getting so excited either it’s all very shady, he’s not once said I’ll pour millions into the playing squad he’s upgrading the infrastructure apparently. So is he making the training facilities better so when he sends up the Bournemouth youth team to join Hibs they’ve got a decent gaff to train in. Basically no one has a clue what this geezer is up to, until everyone finds that out I’m not sure anyone can make a judgement. The only evidence of his involvement in other clubs so far is a French team about to be relegated. 

I will say one thing though this was Ron Gordon’s project and he’s no longer here so I think I’d be viewing the whole thing with some trepidation, and would like to know the Gordon family’s take on it. Is this an exit strategy from them? Will this Foley guy be allowed to own the whole club? Will the entire Gordon holding be diluted. I don’t see much on Hibs.net questioning much of it.

Is the £6 million from Foley not buying a MINORITY stake in the club.  What makes fans think they'll be getting this every year.

Australis
49 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

I've just done a bit of research on Foley and Black Knights etc. They are well funded well connected, with American stock market listed Co's and other 'sports franchise' owners involved in their ownership. But, Hibs are a miniature cog in the workings of the machine they are planning. 

But they obviously think they see a way of getting a return on their investment. 

"Over time, BKFC intends to build a global network of world-class football players, clubs, and real estate assets to produce operational synergies, accelerate player development, enable efficient player migration across BKFC’s network of owned and operated clubs, and drive strong on-field and financial results." 

What their time-frame is and what they expect from Hibs is unclear at the moment, but I suppose if they don't get some form of return they will quite happily dispose of their investment as quickly as they have acquired it.

Real estate assets.

Oh dear.

vegas-voss
11 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I don’t think it’s shite and I’m not sure why Hibs fans are getting so excited either it’s all very shady, he’s not once said I’ll pour millions into the playing squad he’s upgrading the infrastructure apparently. So is he making the training facilities better so when he sends up the Bournemouth youth team to join Hibs they’ve got a decent gaff to train in. Basically no one has a clue what this geezer is up to, until everyone finds that out I’m not sure anyone can make a judgement. The only evidence of his involvement in other clubs so far is a French team about to be relegated. 

I will say one thing though this was Ron Gordon’s project and he’s no longer here so I think I’d be viewing the whole thing with some trepidation, and would like to know the Gordon family’s take on it. Is this an exit strategy from them? Will this Foley guy be allowed to own the whole club? Will the entire Gordon holding be diluted. I don’t see much on Hibs.net questioning much of it.

That will be his end game owning the whole club.Only reason it's not now is it's not allowed.This has got him in though and I imagine he will still start leaning and trying to manipulate the powers that be that the rules should be changed ( these yanks love wanting the rules changed ) to allow joint ownerships in Scotland.There has already been a consolation discussing this conveniently just before this Foley stuff came to light.

skacel103
5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Hes bought an a league team and new Zealand team too.

My take on it is the Australians and new Zealand players will be mainly for hibs. Bournemouth will loan the odd player too.

The players will be on big money at Bournemouth so I would assume he'd use hibs as a 6 month short term loan for the fringe players. Like Everton with simms with us. Then the following be sold or loaned to a championship team who would cover more of the wages. Ultimately to get folk in the shop window.

Issue with this is one hibs might get the odd simms player. However they also might get really raw players like kuol that aren't ready for this league. I do think it might improve them if it's managed well. Bigger issue is say hibs have the next mcginn come through youth system. Do Bournemouth get the player on loan from hibs lol? Or pay less of a fee? 

Albert McFly

The whole reason for the investment is for them to be able to sign young players and get the work permits via the SFA 

Edited by Albert McFly

Unless this guy is going to invest £6m per year which he won't as this £6m is just to purchase a stake in the club. More I look at this the more shit it looks for them. Initial stake of £6m which is good money to get into the club but after that you are going to have loan deals after loan deals after loan deals. There would be no chemistry on the pitch between players etc and also players to the supporters. A football club is exactly as it says on the tin a club all as one, in it together. Incredible that they don't realise why it's not worked for them for years as they fill the squad every year with loans that don't give a shit about the club. £6m feels almost a bribe so that the investment company can fire all the loan players thru Hibs. Happy days ahead, will be insteresting in the end to see how many pence in the pound they give the face painters etc.

3 minutes ago, skacel103 said:

Hes bought an a league team and new Zealand team too.

My take on it is the Australians and new Zealand players will be mainly for hibs. Bournemouth will loan the odd player too.

The players will be on big money at Bournemouth so I would assume he'd use hibs as a 6 month short term loan for the fringe players. Like Everton with simms with us. Then the following be sold or loaned to a championship team who would cover more of the wages. Ultimately to get folk in the shop window.

Issue with this is one hibs might get the odd simms player. However they also might get really raw players like kuol that aren't ready for this league. I do think it might improve them if it's managed well. Bigger issue is say hibs have the next mcginn come through youth system. Do Bournemouth get the player on loan from hibs lol? Or pay less of a fee? 

The simple fact is that all of this is about the EPL team. Hibs are just a feeder and well down the pecking order. They’ll be fed in a few of likeliest lads from the Antipodes and no doubt get a few  Bournemouth rejects  that  they want off their payroll. It’ll  all get really tasty when the yanks lose interest.

rudi must stay

I wish him well. Maybe he'll build a rollercoaster. Him and Montgomery at the moment are in fantasy land 

Fire_At_The_Disco

I give it 2 years until he loses interest or pegs it then they will be on their knees and I’ll be pishing myself. 

Im sure i read from the gordons that the £6m is going to upgrade the famous 5 stand, the training barn and the rest into players.   

Now lets be realistic, 10/15 years ago this amount of money could of been a worry to us, but we will hopefully get 3rd/scottish cup to earn the same money from europe.  We have the FOH and as others have said anderson who has no hold over assets etc.

For the first time in years we have players of value, shanks and cochrane prime examples.   We also have a squad for next season and depending on league finish may be able to bring in 2 or 3 quality players in the summer.

After our years of protest, save our hearts, foundation of hearts, piemans, smg and vlads, please keep any 3rd party investment that comes with strings attached away from our club.     

31 minutes ago, Deevers said:

The simple fact is that all of this is about the EPL team. Hibs are just a feeder and well down the pecking order. They’ll be fed in a few of likeliest lads from the Antipodes and no doubt get a few  Bournemouth rejects  that  they want off their payroll. It’ll  all get really tasty when the yanks lose interest.

Maybe now it is, but I wouldn't be surprised if that changed, either away from Bournemouth as the top team and changing to another EPL team or a different top tier European team, or, or maybe and, a team in the MLS. There is also talks of teams in Brasil being looked at at the moment. 

One thing for sure though, it's not about the overall success of Hibs in the SPFL. It's about the academies, and access to young players to make a buck or two from. And some real estate. 😉

ToadKiller Dog

Foley interview quote "this isn't going to be a big investment for us ,it will be a fun investment "

Well he has bought into the right club nothing as hilarious in the scottish game as hibs .

All roads lead to Gorgie

The guy sounds clueless on the radio. He hasn't even been to Edinboro in his life 😂

OmiyaHearts

In my uneducated opinion, the mistake hibs fans will make, is thinking this guy cares about league position. He will only care about getting out of favour or young players game time, so they make first 11 down south or can be sold on.

I'm not sure Foley will care where they are in the league or cups.

Byyy The Light
31 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Maybe now it is, but I wouldn't be surprised if that changed, either away from Bournemouth as the top team and changing to another EPL team or a different top tier European team, or, or maybe and, a team in the MLS. There is also talks of teams in Brasil being looked at at the moment. 

One thing for sure though, it's not about the overall success of Hibs in the SPFL. It's about the academies, and access to young players to make a buck or two from. And some real estate. 😉

That bit jumped out to me on your original post. Sounds very like accountancy tricks, asset rich on paper to inflate the value of their "product".  Sub prime mortgages spring to mind, and that all ended well.

1 hour ago, SUTOL said:

They aren't being bought by an outfit from England. 

I didn't say they were. They are clearly being used to Bournemouths gain.

Edited by Homme

gordon simpson
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

hibs will never be the “third force” they may occasionally finish 3rd but they are the 5th biggest team in the country by every metric. Closer to Dundee United that hearts. 

exactly you can not make a silk purse out a pigs ear 

2 hours ago, SUTOL said:

That's just a load of Wall Street/Investor relations, buzzword bullshit bingo word vomit bollocks :rofl:

But yeah, 'real estate assets'. Arf. 

Edited by trotter

colinmorewasgash

Old foley has talked about buying into german spanish and brazilian lower teams too where would that leave hibs. Lorient fans are raging about mr foley and sliding out league at bottom. Interesting times for bournemouth hibs.

One thing that seems to be getting lost in all of this is a INVESTMENT. As in sooner or later he/his family will want a return. Whatever he puts in, he’ll want back. We know from experience, you can’t make money from Scottish football. 

Whatever we bring in between the FOH, Anderson and Europe is ours. 

51 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

The guy sounds clueless on the radio. He hasn't even been to Edinboro in his life 😂

Unless I misheard it he also talked about Celtics and Rangers! At least he didn't say Scotchland! 

• davemclaren changed the title to Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )