Turkish Referee Assaulted

Sooperstar

coatbridgejambo

The punch is bad enough but the one's laying the boots in while he's lying on the ground is just outrageous. Hope they are dealt with. Life time bans if it wer up to me. 

11 hours ago, R9. said:

I remember Hugh Dallas being hit with a coin at Ibrox I was only a kid, I’m sure there was fans who invaded the pitch to confront him and his house was targeted after the Celtic Rangers game

Did Celtic get hit with fines for this or was it brushed under the carpet ?

i dont think its been mentioned yet but take a guess who is head of refereeing education for the turkish FA, Hugh Dallas

37 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i dont think its been mentioned yet but take a guess who is head of refereeing education for the turkish FA, Hugh Dallas

WTAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I take it he just encourages them to give everything to Galatasaray and Fenerbahce? 

These ***** just keep failing upwards. I wonder if he used the coin for part of his plane ticket? Prick. 

37 minutes ago, OTT said:

WTAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I take it he just encourages them to give everything to Galatasaray and Fenerbahce? 

These ***** just keep failing upwards. I wonder if he used the coin for part of his plane ticket? Prick. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67690688

when i read it i thought not the same shug but alas it is

3 hours ago, R9. said:

Must of been some hook

the guy is in hospital with a neck brace on 

IMG_1839.jpeg

Heh.

That’s not a neck brace. It’s a soft collar. It isn’t supporting anything, we haven’t used them in UK practice in 20+ years, and I’m 100% certain it’s there for the purposes of this picture only.

25 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Heh.

That’s not a neck brace. It’s a soft collar. It isn’t supporting anything, we haven’t used them in UK practice in 20+ years, and I’m 100% certain it’s there for the purposes of this picture only.

What did we use them for?

38 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What did we use them for?

They used to be used for neck sprains (think ‘whiplash’) but they actually made things worse - because they are too comfortable. A sprain needs to be moved around, or the joints stiffen due to under-use. Soft collars encouraged people not to move their necks. They went in the bin a long time since.

EDIT: there’s also the fact that they look dramatic as hell and say ‘look at me, I’ve been injured’. That’s not why we don’t use them though. If they worked we would use them no matter how they looked.

Edited by Doc Rob

6 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

They used to be used for neck sprains (think ‘whiplash’) but they actually made things worse - because they are too comfortable. A sprain needs to be moved around, or the joints stiffen due to under-use. Soft collars encouraged people not to move their necks. They went in the bin a long time since.

EDIT: there’s also the fact that they look dramatic as hell and say ‘look at me, I’ve been injured’. That’s not why we don’t use them though. If they worked we would use them no matter how they looked.

I suppose they could still use them in Turkey but take your point. 👍

27 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Defending Corners for a while.

9 minutes ago, kila said:

Stop guys licking their wound after a vasectomy

🥸

On 12/12/2023 at 22:00, davemclaren said:

I suppose they could still use them in Turkey but take your point. 👍

It’s possible. But medicine and medical research are an international thing, and when something goes out of fashion, it generally does so in most places.

8 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

It’s possible. But medicine and medical research are an international thing, and when something goes out of fashion, it generally does so in most places.

Cheers.  👍

Imagine getting knocked out at your work, when you don't even see it coming. 

Madness. 

Football , or sport in general, is literally the only place you can go and shout absolute obscenities at folk doing their job and go home and have a cup of tea afterwards in total peace. It's madness. And we have all done it, shouted crazy stuff at people on opposition teams and especially at referees - but to even think about entering the field of play and throwing punches you have to be a wee bit unhinged :lol:.

But this guy is an actual club president :rofl:

He really should be put through the regular court system and properly punished.

On 12/12/2023 at 01:02, Ferryjambo99 said:

Genuinely despise this type of sentiment. It's the reason why grassroots officials up and down the country are subject to horrific abuse, including physical abuse. 

Despite what people may believe, most referees are normal people, doing a job 99% of fans don't have the guts or ability to do, and the thanks they get is this type of drivel. 

Although I agree with this, I have no idea why someone like Madden or Collum haven't been lamped by someone outside the Glasgow 2 over the years.

alicante jambo

Just seen this on the news 5 minutes ago. Unbelievable. That guy and the other coward kicking him when hes on the ground should be jailed. If up to me the club would be relegated and ordered to play no home crowd for a full season.  No refs no football.

On 12/12/2023 at 18:32, milky_26 said:

Edited by Japan Jambo

5 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Reminds me of the pieman coming down to the pitch to try and get the players to walk off when we had four sent off at Ibrox 

Jeffries told him where to go iirc.