One week down

Ryan Gosling

Does he have control?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Does he have control?

Seymour M Hersh

Not enough time has passed. Not enough crucial decisions have been made yet (signings teams etc). Having said that he appears to be in control of what he's doing at the moment.

Guest JamboRobbo

Nope IMO.

Too early to tell for sure, but nothing has happened yet to convince me he has full control. I'll believe it when I see it happening.

When I see Vlads muppets sent home. When I witness the team being picked on merit. Until then, it's all talk. Good talk, but it's all talk.

Drylaw Hearts
By control I should say - in charge of team selection.

:)

I'll answer again after the Motherwell match.

Nope IMO.

Too early to tell for sure, but nothing has happened yet to convince me he has full control. I'll believe it when I see it happening.

When I see Vlads muppets sent home. When I witness the team being picked on merit. Until then, it's all talk. Good talk, but it's all talk.

Can't believe he has full control otherwise we would not be seeing some of the Lithuanian "players" in the team.

How can't you?

Because you don't always pick your best line up for a friendly game.

Surely you need to see who plays in the first few league games, coupled with the signings he makes, before you can make a judgement.

Guest JamboRobbo
Can't believe he has full control otherwise we would not be seeing some of the Lithuanian "players" in the team.

I tend to agree, but he's maybe just having a quick look himself to make sure they really are that rubbish.

If the usual muppets are still here come the start of the season, and they are still getting games despite still playing ****e, then we'll pretty much know Csaba ain't got full control.

If they are out of here, or if they get dropped when they play ****e like normal football players, then maybe we're making some progress.

hearts_crazy

What a truly ridiculous poll, how the feck can anybody tell at this early stage. Tell me are you really curious about this just trying to put the boot in for the sake of it?

FWIW he probably isn't, do I care? Only if it affects the results. As long as he is OK with it and can work under those conditions and get results then what does it matter? It only becomes an issue if the Manager is unable to work under those conditions.

Give him until January THEN redo this poll. One week.........FFS.

hearts_crazy

Don't talk pish

What do you expect him to do? Tell all the Lithuanians not to bother turning up? He to see for himself who the best players are.

BTW some of our Lithuanian 'players' are a million times better than some of our Scottish 'players'

What a truly ridiculous poll, how the feck can anybody tell at this early stage. Tell me are you really curious about this just trying to put the boot in for the sake of it?

FWIW he probably isn't, do I care? Only if it affects the results. As long as he is OK with it and can work under those conditions and get results then what does it matter? It only becomes an issue if the Manager is unable to work under those conditions.

Have to agree, talk about the redtops being sensationalist. Starting threads like this is a wee bit over the top. You must constantly have a half empty pint in your hand. Lighten up, and as the man above says, give him until Jan.

rudi must stay

so far yes. He's done exactly what he said he'd do at the press conference. Hope it lasts :rolleyes:

Ryan Gosling

The fact that people have already assumed because Lithuanians are picked means he isn't in control means the poll was worth doing.

:P

We already know that interference affects results so I'd be very disappointed but unsurprised if Romanov decides to interfere yet again.

Csaba has talked a good game so far, I just have a feeling its going to be another disastrous season. My predictions are usually bollox so I'm hoping thats the case yet again.

;)

Don't talk pish

What do you expect him to do? Tell all the Lithuanians not to bother turning up? He to see for himself who the best players are.

BTW some of our Lithuanian 'players' are a million times better than some of our Scottish 'players'

And your telling me I'm talking pish, were you at Dunfermline?

Drylaw Hearts
Don't talk pish

Are they ?

I believe that he does have full control at the moment - how long this lasts though will remain to be seen, however, all the right noises are coming out of Tynie..............at long last!!!!

:)

HMFCjamieHMFC

Burley played Lithuanians and he had full control including one of the ones your definitely on about

Drylaw Hearts
Burley played Lithuanians and he had full control including one of the ones your definitely on about

Burley only played Jankauskas with any regularity and that was because he genuinly rated him.

He played Miko a few times and IIRC Chesney hardly got a game.

He also sent one home before the season started.

rumbles1874

a week is to early but rom what he has done such the formation i belive he has got control by for how long

HMFCjamieHMFC
Burley only played Jankauskas with any regularity and that was because he genuinly rated him.

He played Miko a few times and IIRC Chesney hardly got a game.

He also sent one home before the season started.

I read post his original wrong i thought it said as csaba is still playing Lithuanians he doesn't have full control

I'd also say its too early to say. By the time the first 4 games of the season have passed, we should be able to tell!

What I will say is that, the things that Csaba has said this past week have been very, very encouraging! If he can walk the walk as well as he can talk the talk, then I think we're in for a treat!

I am totally convinced he has full control.

In the 2 games this week we tried to pass pass pass the ball at all times- it quickly became obvious to those watching that we do not have the personnel for this to be effective.

Apart from 2 occassions (told to play Basso & Jose) when he took over I firmly believe Frail had full control. Christ do you think Vlad made him play Elliot up front. :P

Because you don't always pick your best line up for a friendly game.

Surely you need to see who plays in the first few league games, coupled with the signings he makes, before you can make a judgement.

I would have thought that Korobochbollocks would have picked both teams for the friendlies - there's really no way at all to know how much autonomy Shabba has.

I don't think he will have any at all, but just now it's impossible to say.

Don't talk pish

I like that 'players' in in commas as though they aren't really players at all - but a million times better than who?

Even Clum is better than Audrey and Number 28.

I would have thought that Korobochbollocks would have picked both teams for the friendlies - there's really no way at all to know how much autonomy Shabba has.

I don't think he will have any at all, but just now it's impossible to say.[/QUOTE]

Just as I was saying mate.

hearts_crazy
I like that 'players' in in commas as though they aren't really players at all - but a million times better than who?

Even Clum is better than Audrey and Number 28.

No he's not, my 11 year old daughter is better than Clum. And I wasn't actually referring to ALL Lithuanians, clearly the 2 you mention aren't up to much (although Ksnavicious can play when he wants to). To give one example I would play Miko in front of Stewart, we need a tad more than just huff and puff and despite what many think of Miko he is actually a good player, he is still suffering from being labelled a huddy when he was getting a game every week for no reason, but if you take the blinkers off he isn't a bad wee player.

Not saying that the Lithuanians are the answer BTW, I was just responding to a post that IMO suggested that they were all crap simply because they are Lithuanian. It's not just them that are crap, that's all I was trying to say.

Captain Lithuania

Not 100% sure.. Games in Germany will hopefully tell us, what do you think, Penut?

Normally when anew man takes on role of manager he clears out the old and brings in his own people. Until Korobochka and Chervenkov are shown the door then Csaba has as much control as Rix

Within the first week...

Laszlo has stated that we have "quantity over quality". He has stated that he will be passing a list of players to VR for consideration. Since then, we have seen one of his players from his former job arrive in Edinburgh for talks.

He has stated that our better more valuable players must stay if we are to improve.

For the above to be of any consequence, we need to see players come in that are not pyramid players, players that were recommended by Laszlo. We need to see him pick a competitive football team that looks to be his selection.

These things take time, we have heard good things, he talks a good game, we need to be a little patient and let the clubs actions speak louder than words.

Baby steps.

Father Tiresias

I don't believe any Hearts manager since George Burley has had full 100% control on team selection. That full control - ignoring the owners suggestions - was one of the reasons why he was removed from the job.

I'd be hugely surprised if Csaba has full control.

I think the likely move of Elliot to ICT is another sign of Csaba influence.

It was mooted for over a month that he would be going - Csaba in 7 days and he's aff.

Another thread being turned into a LIth bashing exercise, even though reports suggest Miko was our best player in the first game - but some fans, for some reason will always have this racist attitude.

It kind of makes it difficult for us to slam the press for it when our own fans do.

Anyway, to answer the questionm, I do not know - it sounds and looks like it so far - but we will probab ly never know for certain either way, though I suspect, like every club in the world, the owner will want some say or at least voice his opinion, and I would do the same if I owned the club.

And by the way, Mark McGhee did not bring his own assistant - it was part of the conditions tha Leitch was assistant, one of the things that led to Malpas leaving (as well as him being pish)

Only a Game
And your telling me I'm talking pish, were you at Dunfermline?

I was. I thought Chesney was one of our better players and Zaluikas wasnt one of the worst.

I was. I thought Chesney was one of our better players and Zaluikas wasnt one of the worst.

How dare you suggest such a thing

**** sake. This is not the point.

Vlad will always have his input into team selection (2or3 players) just live wit it.

But what's important is Csaba clearly has full control over tactics, training, preparation, motivating the players etc. Which is what we've needed for a long time now.

Im feeling good bout HMFC for the first time in a wee while.

Well if that's what you really think then we will have to agree to disagree on all things football because apart from the opening few minutes Chesny was absolute murder and Zaliukas although not our worst player is still a bomb scare as far as I am concerned.

No point in arguing about it because we have different opinions which is our entitlement on this board at least.

Hope Shabba has complete control but as we have witnessed, despite success, our benevolent owner will not tolerate disagreement. A leopard doesn't change it's spots. Time will tell, but I suspect Shaaba will be telt what team to play and to make it work. Or else.......

Jam Tarts 1874

What a ridiculous poll and some of the posts on this thread are even more ridiculous.

If you look closely (which I know is difficult for some of you!) you will see how many players got a run out during the two friendlies - how else is Csaba supposed to start forming opionions on who is worth keeping? Is he supposed to just go onto Kickback and act on the opinions of a few idiots on here? Perhaps some of you idiots expect Csaba to get on the phone to Romanov and say "Vlad, there are some "well informed" numpties on Kickback saying I should get rid of every Lithuanian from the squad, I will have to bin them all then?!"

The best example of stupidity on this thread comes from a regular wrist-slasher jamborobbo who in respones to the question opines "Nope IMO", but then tells us that it is too early to tell for sure! Does this guy know how the English language works!

I love that if you dont rate any of the lithuian's your racist but if you choose to play them cause they're lithuian its not!! We could all argue till we are blue in the face about miko he is just one of those players, i think he is murder you think he's great, time will tell all i will say has any other team every declared any interest in him? Have a feeling its only a hand full of jambos who actually rate him!!

As for zaliukaus we moved karipidis out wide on wednesday to make room for him, for no aparent reason. I would like to think that shabba knows berra and karipidis work together and wednesday nite just proved to him that he needs to go, if not and we see more of zaliukaus at centre back in germany and the hull game then it will be clear that shabba doesn't have full control.

Finally to take 28ikaus and 29ikaus to Germany is just wasting two space's that could be filled by a couple of youngsters, both are way out of there depth and both need to be punted pronto. Just so im not called a racist we also need shot of stewart, elliot, basso, beslija.......

Archived