AGM ( merged )

Greedy Jambo

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Off course there's experienced managers with a track record who'd come to Hearts ! Billy Davies identified the problems years ago 

Billy Davies didn't want to work under a DoF. However, we shouldn't even have spoken to the ferret faced gimp.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Sooks

• davemclaren

• Selkirkhmfc1874

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Because we didn't get 3rd. He could have turned it round. Getting 3rd was the only way it can't be seen as a mistake. All hindsight of course but still a mistake. 

That's generally how you find out you've made a mistake in life, after the event. 

The mass majority wanted Neilson gone, myself included, we where all wrong. 

There was no way, based on the 7 prior results he was turning it around to finish third.  No way.  The only chance was change and ultimately that wasn't good enough either.   If we kept Neilson and he finished 4th would you have said after the season it was a mistake to keep him? 

Neilson was correctly removed, just because his successor doesn't look to be much of an improvement doesn't change that fact.  Not many managers win one game in 7 coming up to the business end of the season and keep their position.  It would have been negligence for the board not to act upon it. 

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Billy Davies didn't want to work under a DoF. However, we shouldn't even have spoken to the ferret faced gimp.

Billy Davies would be a fantastic manager our level despite him being a total fud. 

Bazzas right boot

Billy Davies......:vrface:

****ing hell.

Next level indeed!!!!

images (3).jpeg

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, May98 said:

Billy Davies would be a fantastic manager our level despite him being a total fud. 

When was the last time he actually managed?

8 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Because we didn't get 3rd. He could have turned it round. Getting 3rd was the only way it can't be seen as a mistake. All hindsight of course but still a mistake. 

That's generally how you find out you've made a mistake in life, after the event. 

The mass majority wanted Neilson gone, myself included, we where all wrong. 

I get what you’re saying but it’s like Bazza said further up the thread. Sacking someone isn’t a plan. Nobody can tell if someone other than Naismith could have got us third. 

Plus, like you said he ‘could have turned it round’ equally he could have done even worse than we did. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Agree we shouldn't have spoken to him but a do think for us to get a proper experienced manager changes needed behind scenes 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, May98 said:

Define fantastic?

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Off course there's experienced managers with a track record who'd come to Hearts ! Billy Davies identified the problems years ago 

You just get the impression that nobody on our board likes to be taken outside of their comfort zone. It seems to much hassle to do real investigation and search when it comes to appointments.

Billy Davies gave us a better insight to the internal working and mindset at Hearts than anyone closely associated with the club. Alarm bells should have sounded then. And of course history has proven Davies was correct!

Sadly we have previous when it comes to slow, ponderous appointments. I mean......6-weeks to appointment someone "Just along the corridor!"

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, May98 said:

Nah don't agree buddy ! Wouldn't want him anywhere near Hearts

16 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The thread is about the board and it's decisions.

Many want Naismith sacked  ( I don't), I've just went back another step to Bob getting sacked and it triggers folk.

Likley as all the dreams they had of a fancy foreign coach coming in and taking us to the next level and  playing great football hasn't materialised and are now are realising it never will- it doesn't exist. Many banged on about this for over a year.

They now feel a bit stupid,  but won't admit it, they'll blame the board for hiring Naismith- it's easy to do that, that is their get out. 

Naismith might be ok, but at best he'll get us exactly where Bob had us, and if he doesn't then McInnes is our best bet, and guess what- the best he'll do is get us back to  were Bob left us!

Then the goon squad can repeat the flair, next level, nae youth shite all over again.

It's actually depressing and amusing in equal measure. 

There was definitely more going on  behind the scenes with Savage/ McKinley/ Bob and the players.

Neilson had to go.  The only mistake was waiting too long until third was unobtainable.  He had thrown in the towel and the relationship had broken down with the players.

That starting lineup vs Rangers was surely some kind of joke aimed at someone in the club?

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

When was the last time he actually managed?

I'm sure I read he had family tragedy then studied for a degree and other footballing stuff and is now ready to get into management.  

18 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

I'm not buying into this nonsense that Hearts could not attract a reputable, experienced manager either.

Any out of work manager I would assume would jump at the chance to get back in the game. Just look at Duncan Ferguson jumping at the chance to take on the ICT job. Wasn't that long ago he was being quoted for the Everton job! 

It's a cop out by our CEO. It was in every sense a lazy, unimaginative appointment.....On the one hand we are told that CV's from coaches / managers came flooding in from across the globe and "You'd be surprised at some of the names!" to "We hardly attracted any real attention!"......Which was it?

McKinlay is at it!......He like most does not take criticism well......He's been found out big time

He certainly needs to improve his memory in regards to the things he says. My auld mum used to say, “ tae be a gid liar, ye huv tae hae a gid memory “.

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Nah don't agree buddy ! Wouldn't want him anywhere near Hearts

That's cool, everyone has differing opinions at some point mate. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Agree we shouldn't have spoken to him but a do think for us to get a proper experienced manager changes needed behind scenes 

I've no problem removing Savage if someone wants full "control". The Levein model needs a refresh at minimum or scrapped totally.

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Define fantastic?

A class above what any of the other non-old firm clubs have managing.   See Steve Clarke. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, GinRummy said:

I get what you’re saying but it’s like Bazza said further up the thread. Sacking someone isn’t a plan. Nobody can tell if someone other than Naismith could have got us third. 

Plus, like you said he ‘could have turned it round’ equally he could have done even worse than we did. 

True, but his past record strongly favoured turning it around and if there was a divide, removing the other side over the summer may have got us back on track.

His record with us suggested that was a strong possibility.

We are now in worse position,  although that can change, but imo we won't be in a better position than when we were under our former manager, the best someone will do is match it - be 3rd, but not every season. 

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I've no problem removing Savage if someone wants full "control". The Levein model needs a refresh at minimum or scrapped totally.

A DOF can work if they deliver what they promise.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Neilson had to go.  The only mistake was waiting too long until third was unobtainable.  He had thrown in the towel and the relationship had broken down with the players.

That starting lineup vs Rangers was surely some kind of joke aimed at someone in the club?

Or making a point .

If there was a divide,  change had to be made- I agree. 

I'm not as sure as you that the correct parties left.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

100% agree with you ! Davies obviously identified something wasn't right and looks like that's reason we've always went with inexperience other than levein who was in with the bricks 

45 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

It was definitely that run of games, yes, the point I was making I really don’t think we would have lost all of them (or other games) if we’d had a commanding CB. I think we’d have been out of sight in 3rd. I mean, how many goals did we lose to cross balls?… of course, it’s easy with hindsight as you say, but I can’t remember a single poster on here not shouting for a CB for almost a whole season. 

I understood your point mate 👍

I just think that the dressing room revolt almost played a bigger part in losing the succession of games than the CB issue did 

Kind of backed up by the point that we were 11 points clear in 3rd, before we capitulated, and that was still minus the CB that we are talking about 

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Or making a point .

If there was a divide,  change had to be made- I agree. 

I'm not as sure as you that the correct parties left.

Perhaps.

We can only speculate without knowing where the relationships broke down.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, May98 said:

A class above what any of the other non-old firm clubs have managing.   See Steve Clarke. 

So get us in about 3rd and 4th?

Billy Davies- a class above........

:getout:

3 minutes ago, May98 said:

There was no way, based on the 7 prior results he was turning it around to finish third.  No way.  The only chance was change and ultimately that wasn't good enough either.   If we kept Neilson and he finished 4th would you have said after the season it was a mistake to keep him? 

Neilson was correctly removed, just because his successor doesn't look to be much of an improvement doesn't change that fact.  Not many managers win one game in 7 coming up to the business end of the season and keep their position.  It would have been negligence for the board not to act upon it. 

The facts unfortunately prove you wrong. Me wrong also, I'd had enough of him and thought a new face would get us competing again. 

It's not my job to make these tough decisions though so no consequence for me personally, I was still wrong though. 

The consequence for the club was a dropped place and no Euro windfall, hindsights a wonderful thing, still a mistake though.

Mistakes happen, own them and move on, hopefully not making the same mistake again.

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

So get us in about 3rd and 4th?

Billy Davies- a class above........

:getout:

We could appoint Brendan Rogers and we would probably finish as high as third maximum, are you saying BR is not a class above probably all of the managers in this league?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Perhaps.

We can only speculate without knowing where the relationships broke down.

Yip, but the improvement in performance after " the problem " was removed can be discussed using tangible evidence.

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

The facts unfortunately prove you wrong. Me wrong also, I'd had enough of him and thought a new face would get us competing again. 

It's not my job to make these tough decisions though so no consequence for me personally, I was still wrong though. 

The consequence for the club was a dropped place and no Euro windfall, hindsights a wonderful thing, still a mistake though.

Mistakes happen, own them and move on, hopefully not making the same mistake again.

There's absolutely no facts at all to say we should have kept Robbie Neilson.   It can never be said factually if he could or couldn't have recovered to guide us to third.   If we had been better this season and if the board had appointed an experienced successor who was experienced then nobody bar the other poster would be arguing we made the wrong decision sacking Neilson, imo. 

And cool, we have differing opinions I suppose mate.   

Bazzas right boot
Just now, May98 said:

We could appoint Brendan Rogers and we would probably finish as high as third maximum, are you saying BR is not a class above probably all of the managers in this league?

McInnes is better.

2nd place with Aberdeen and a lc win is better than anything the  "class above" Hun bawbag has achieved. 

Cl is also an ex international manager at St Johnstone.

Jesus. Bob winning the championship with Rangers in it was a bigger achievement than what he's ever done!

Wtf has Rogers got to do with anything?

Bily Davies...." a class above "..... just naw.

11 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Heart_of_Midlothian_F.C._managers

Tommy McLean. 

Burley who was bankrolled by Vlad.

Paolo Sergio who had a shocking record before he arrived and has done since he left.

There’s nobody else going back to the 70s.

With the state Scottish football is in at the moment (and getting worse) I just can’t understand who we’re supposed to go out and get that everyone would be happy with.

McKinlay said as much and folk are saying he’s lying. I just don’t get it. 

Its pish. Folk make up pish. Thats the answer. They dont political wishy washy answers but when the ceo tells it straight, they all flap around and make up pish.

Truth is Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen need to box clever and thats why i was on board with Naisys appointment.

Yeah we can get Robinson and could have got bloody whatshisface Wright from st j a few seasons back when his stock was higher. No. Just no. We need to try something different.

I actually like Hibs last couple of appointments in that vein. Maloney was awful and not up to the job but in theory its a go at a guy who has learnt at a top level,like Catheo for us. Lee Johnson,walloper but had looked a good young coach until a couple of bad jobs, youre trying to be his launchpad. Montgomery, a youngish coach done well in a lower level, again looking to launchpad. To me they're all reasonably ambitious appointments. Im talking about the markets not the individuals here.

I think Naisy is. The theory is he is hoi g to be a top manager, so lets get in at ground level on his career.

In all honesty, its the same market as our players. We can promote from academy if we think the guy is elite (yes Naisy, no Fox); we can try and find value down south but its a crap shot down there, Stendel was actually an exciting proposition imo; we can find someone in Scotland but its a big step up and a JJ is rare, show me where else its worked; we can find someone from overseas but it will be same as our players... emerging markets etc, we cant compete on Scandi or mid Portuguese money these days.

The stuff about talking to Aberdeen is likely to have been around wages. I know they spoke to to some managers in Scandi countries and the money was eye watering for the 3 or 4 viable guys. Like miles above doable levels.

So in short, you NEED to try something with a level of hope attached. Christ even at the very top level, managerial appointments are a minefield.

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

McInnes is better.

2nd place with Aberdeen and a lc win is better than anything the  "class above" Hun bawbag has achieved. 

Cl is also an ex international manager at St Johnstone.

Jesus. Bob winning the championship with Rangers in it was a bigger achievement than what he's ever done!

Wtf has Rogers got to do with anything?

Bily Davies...." a class above "..... just naw.

They are both bigger achievements than winning promotion to the EPL with Derby yeah?  Sound :) 

Edited by May98

i wish jj was my dad
33 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

You think Billy Davies has the solutions?

18 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

True, but his past record strongly favoured turning it around and if there was a divide, removing the other side over the summer may have got us back on track.

His record with us suggested that was a strong possibility.

We are now in worse position,  although that can change, but imo we won't be in a better position than when we were under our former manager, the best someone will do is match it - be 3rd, but not every season. 

Can’t argue with his record. At the time though I didn’t think he was turning it round and though things would get worse if he stayed. 

kingantti1874
55 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Sacking Neilson was the wrong call and a mistake, that part is undeniable. But, at the time it was an easy call to make for the board, still a mistake though and the only one they don't get any stick about ironically. 

Behind closed doors I'm 100% positive they will regret the decision and will have learned a great deal from it. 

The one caveat being, did Robbie himself want to continue? 

I suspect not personally because I think the board had the chops to see out the season but Robbie himself made his position untenable. 

i don’t think it was the wrong call at all. The players had stopped running for him, they clearly had lost faith in what he was asking them to do.

the home game against rangers, when he inexplicably made a crazy selection, throwing young kuol under the bus by starting him in midfield, with McKay  was the game when it turned.  I’ve no idea what kind of point he was trying to make. Rangers had about 6 goals ruled out by VAR  and could easily have beaten us 7/8-0.  

Robbie Neilson got himself sacked. 

Edited by kingantti1874

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

You think Billy Davies has the solutions?

As I've said I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Hearts job but what he had to say makes you wonder if that's why we've had inexperienced managers

Selkirkhmfc1874
11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

i don’t think it was the wrong call at all. The players had stopped running for him, they clearly had lost faith in what he was asking them to do.

the home game against rangers, when he inexplicably made a crazy selection, throwing young kuol under the bus by starting him in midfield, with McKay  was the game when it turned.  I’ve no idea what kind of point he was trying to make. Rangers had about 6 goals ruled out by VAR  and could easily have beaten us 7/8-0.  

This 

Well you as an individual may not have liked his style but how anybody can say that Robbie Neilson was a shit manager for Hearts is mind boggling nonsence it really is.  With the tools, and some were weapons grade tools too, he had to work with he aquitted himself very well indeed . There is a problem within the playing staff at Hearts at the moment that is where our problem lies. Some of them need a wake up call . Naismith will do nowt until he weeds out the shite playing for us week in week out.

i wish jj was my dad
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

As I've said I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Hearts job but what he had to say makes you wonder if that's why we've had inexperienced managers

I dont think the set up is or was wrong but the personnel need to be right for it to work. I actually think the model of Levein and Robbie worked fine. Cathro could never be the main man.  Levein trying to be manager and DoF didn't work but might have if he just took the manager's gig and left upstairs stuff to somebody else. Stendel was a disaster. What happened last season was down to defenders inability to compete in our box and something going pear shaped in the dressing room. 

Davies is a toxic arsehole and causes trouble wherever he goes. I wouldn't pay any attention to him. 

The point I am making about managers , is that we needed someone with enough experience to do all the basics right . Allowing Naismith time to learn on the job has cost us a lot of points and will probably cost us a lot of pounds . It is a false economy . The sounds coming out of the board do not inspire me with confidence on this side of things

1 - Anderson does not believe a manager makes a big difference at this level 

2 - The process of replacing Neilson was down to seeing who sent us a CV

The first one is being played out right now before our very eyes . The idea that the manager does not matter at this level is what leads to us scrambling around at this stage losing to Dundee and having bang average sides above us  . People talk about how the overall quality of the league is shite and how it is so tight . We have better players than most of the teams above us imo and the difference is the manager . That is why we are where we are and it is frustrating the life out of me just now

The second point makes me almost as frustrated . See when it was clear that Neilson had to go ? The board needed to sit down with Savage and they needed to identify a profile of what they wanted from the team going forwards . Once they had that , they needed to conduct a search for a manager who has a proven record of doing what it is that they want at a similar level 

So okay I am willing to admit that just like players , some managers are priced out of our market . I accept that is probably another sad reality of the Doncaster era Scottish Leagues . Look at the difference a bit of experience makes though ? Robinson and McInnes do not have as much quality in their sides as we do , THEY are the difference . Alex Neil becoming available should be a perfect fit for us , but he may well be out of our financial league tbf . Maybe we need to change what we pay a manager ? Maybe a slightly smaller squad and a bigger budget for the manager position ? I think if we had had an experienced manager from the start of the season we would be clear in third and closer to Rangers . It is a false economy hoping for the best with a manager from the lowland league and that is being illustrated before our eyes 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I dont think the set up is or was wrong but the personnel need to be right for it to work. I actually think the model of Levein and Robbie worked fine. Cathro could never be the main man.  Levein trying to be manager and DoF didn't work but might have if he just took the manager's gig and left upstairs stuff to somebody else. Stendel was a disaster. What happened last season was down to defenders inability to compete in our box and something going pear shaped in the dressing room. 

Davies is a toxic arsehole and causes trouble wherever he goes. I wouldn't pay any attention to him. 

1st time around after coming out of administration with Robbie in charge a never missed a game that season home or away and was one of my most enjoyable seasons ever following Hearts , agree with you Davies is poison but just makes you wonder if what he said the reason we don't get proper manager 

11 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Well you as an individual may not have liked his style but how anybody can say that Robbie Neilson was a shit manager for Hearts is mind boggling nonsence it really is.  With the tools, and some were weapons grade tools too, he had to work with he aquitted himself very well indeed . There is a problem within the playing staff at Hearts at the moment that is where our problem lies. Some of them need a wake up call . Naismith will do nowt until he weeds out the shite playing for us week in week out.

Almost like no one has tried!

Ex member of the SaS
37 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Exactly his loss in the cup to a team miles below us , along with losing to teams below us, blowing third for the second season in a row , all this and more was the real reason he had to walk. Missing out on third was huge but no where near the catastrophe of gifting Aberdeen the money generated. League ,gate, tv and Euro cash all thrown away. 

Blowing third reads wrong I know, I didn't mean losing it two in a row.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The point I am making about managers , is that we needed someone with enough experience to do all the basics right . Allowing Naismith time to learn on the job has cost us a lot of points and will probably cost us a lot of pounds . It is a false economy . The sounds coming out of the board do not inspire me with confidence on this side of things

1 - Anderson does not believe a manager makes a big difference at this level 

2 - The process of replacing Neilson was down to seeing who sent us a CV

The first one is being played out right now before our very eyes . The idea that the manager does not matter at this level is what leads to us scrambling around at this stage losing to Dundee and having bang average sides above us  . People talk about how the overall quality of the league is shite and how it is so tight . We have better players than most of the teams above us imo and the difference is the manager . That is why we are where we are and it is frustrating the life out of me just now

The second point makes me almost as frustrated . See when it was clear that Neilson had to go ? The board needed to sit down with Savage and they needed to identify a profile of what they wanted from the team going forwards . Once they had that , they needed to conduct a search for a manager who has a proven record of doing what it is that they want at a similar level 

So okay I am willing to admit that just like players , some managers are priced out of our market . I accept that is probably another sad reality of the Doncaster era Scottish Leagues . Look at the difference a bit of experience makes though ? Robinson and McInnes do not have as much quality in their sides as we do , THEY are the difference . Alex Neil becoming available should be a perfect fit for us , but he may well be out of our financial league tbf . Maybe we need to change what we pay a manager ? Maybe a slightly smaller squad and a bigger budget for the manager position ? I think if we had had an experienced manager from the start of the season we would be clear in third and closer to Rangers . It is a false economy hoping for the best with a manager from the lowland league and that is being illustrated before our eyes 

Exceptional post.  I agree word for word.   

IF there's no improvement and the time comes for a change again you have to really hope the board have learned this time and do a proper search based on a lot of the above.

For the record, Neilson was an exceptional manager for us at times over his two spells.   He needed to go though and the bored called that correctly.  That's my final word on the matter fwiw. 

1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

Sacking Neilson was the wrong call and a mistake, that part is undeniable. But, at the time it was an easy call to make for the board, still a mistake though and the only one they don't get any stick about ironically. 

Behind closed doors I'm 100% positive they will regret the decision and will have learned a great deal from it. 

The one caveat being, did Robbie himself want to continue? 

I suspect not personally because I think the board had the chops to see out the season but Robbie himself made his position untenable. 

Neilson said to McKinlay that it was the time . He felt he had reached the end of the road himself . He was also reportedly more fussed with playing golf than trying to push on . The busted flush tactic or the Primark Pirlo sitting as a deep play maker getting robbed of the ball every game was a busted flush and when interviewed he just kept saying he believed in the system and it will come good . Six defeats in a row by teams that had figured out how easy it was to play against us was the reason he was sacked and I still think it was the right time . The problem for me was replacing him with a rookie 

Toxteth O'Grady
33 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

The players we have signed on Naismith watch are with one exception a load of shite too so there is a lot of weeding out to do.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Neilson said to McKinlay that it was the time . He felt he had reached the end of the road himself . He was also reportedly more fussed with playing golf than trying to push on . The busted flush tactic or the Primark Pirlo sitting as a deep play maker getting robbed of the ball every game was a busted flush and when interviewed he just kept saying he believed in the system and it will come good . Six defeats in a row by teams that had figured out how easy it was to play against us was the reason he was sacked and I still think it was the right time . The problem for me was replacing him with a rookie 

A lot of hearsay and opinion in that post.

If the club booted Neilson to get 3rd or give us a chance of 3rd. That decision was wrong, we failed. The team was more than capable of getting back to 3rd, thats a fact.

The decision however it was made by whoever and if it was for football reasons then it was wrong, history has proved that. Therefore it was a mistake.

Its not a difficult concept to grasp unless you can't admit you were also wrong.

Just now, Bull's-eye said:

A lot of hearsay and opinion in that post.

If the club booted Neilson to get 3rd or give us a chance of 3rd. That decision was wrong, we failed. The team was more than capable of getting back to 3rd, thats a fact.

The decision however it was made by whoever and if it was for football reasons then it was wrong, history has proved that. Therefore it was a mistake.

Its not a difficult concept to grasp unless you can't admit you were also wrong.

I just disagree that is all . It was time for Neilson to go and he said that himself according to McKinlay . So that can only be hearsay if McKinlay made it up . “ Andrew it is time “ is what he is reported to have said . The bit about sticking with the busted flush system are facts though too . It was happening every week despite being found out and there were interviews with Neilson and some players at the time and they were consistent in what they said : “ we believe in the way we set up and play and we are not going to change it “ . The golf bit is hearsay granted . If McKinlay is telling the truth about what he said to him though , then hearsay or not , it tallies 

Sacking Neilson was the right decision imo . Replacing him with Naismith was not 

16 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Was the AGM about Neilson?

It follows the accounts of a period where he was in charge , so in essence a lot of it was 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Can’t argue with his record. At the time though I didn’t think he was turning it round and though things would get worse if he stayed. 

Possibly.

Sacking him certainly changed that around!