AGM ( merged )

Greedy Jambo

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Wanted for incompetence, arrogance and not giving a scooby about appointing a football manager

GBVuHeoXAAAr9CS.jpeg.jpg

He looks like he just may be a greedy fat *******... don't worry about asking for his resignation his heart will blow a gasket soon carrying that heft around; To be fair it could be glandular... over active fat ******* gland 😂

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Sooks

• davemclaren

• Selkirkhmfc1874

6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You don't know.

Where have you been?

I do not think I know what it means either . I have been called it in the past and I have also been called names because I am too negative . Is it only applied to being positive on certain issues and who decides which issues . It seems to me like it is just used by anyone who is miserable and does not like the opposing view from anyone who feels positive about something 

5 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

He looks like he just may be a greedy fat *******... don't worry about asking for his resignation his heart will blow a gasket soon carrying that heft around; To be fair it could be glandular... over active fat ******* gland 😂

Is that really necessary mate 

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

You could also say that getting  rid of said good manager was what the majority of the most vocal  moaners on this board wanted, and are now moaning that the board done what they wanted.

No board can guarantee a good appointment,  changing board will change absolutely nothing  in that regard. 

Every board appoints managers that work out and many that don't.

Aberdeen, Rangers, hibs, utd, even St Johnstone/ killie etc have all mirrored our hit rate, further afield  teams like spurs, Chelsea, man utd even arsenal and Aston villa are more miss than hit in recent years.

Changing the board will in no way increase our successful manager ratio unless it is pumping money in.

Stupid to think so.

Changing scouting strategy or personal or changing budgets to attract better players will have an impact.

Is the board not responsible for anything on the pitch then. Scouting strategy, personnel, budgets are all ultimately down to the board and their actions. 

They hire the DoF and Sporting Director, academy director, head coaches etc.  the point being made is that they are not doing a good job of that. 

Ultimately, whether it’s a fan owned club or a club owned by a few individual shareholders, the fans will only tolerate failure  for so long. It’s a very easy argument to make that the only success they’ve had is Robbie Neilson. To me, that’s not good enough. If it continues it will gradually not be good enough for anyone. 

1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

Don't think he should have came back. He started well first time round but before he left apart from the odd game the football was poor

And of course we are playing firebrand style football at the moment 😂

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is that really necessary mate 

Ah so sensitive... get a grip we take the pish out of Hibbies for being fat B's but it is fine to have one in charge and not have a mock at him. State of him as an advert for our club he can barely get his suit jacket closed 😂

Edited by jock _turd

22 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I hear this term used quite a lot on here,interested to know what your definition of a happy clapper is 

Happy Clappers are people who believe!

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Sooks said:

I do not think I know what it means either . I have been called it in the past and I have also been called names because I am too negative . Is it only applied to being positive on certain issues and who decides which issues . It seems to me like it is just used by anyone who is miserable and does not like the opposing view from anyone who feels positive about something 

It's just that certain posters can't handle criticism of the club in anyway. 

We're all wanting the best for Hearts.

There must be a word which is the opposite of Happy Clappers.

Lets make it Moaners.:lol:

It's all opinions. 

The Treasurer
16 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You don't know.

Where have you been?

I have an idea, I was just interested to hear what someone who uses the term thinks it means. 

5 hours ago, Carter said:

I'm not quite sure that's entirely accurate.

You wouldnt be

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I really find it impossible to not have overwhelming feelings of revulsion every time I look at him.  A very dislikeable individual.

Hmmm…interesting

7 hours ago, Carter said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-naismith-hearts-flak-andrew-31677469.amp

Seems McKinlay is bemused at some if the feedback from yesterday aligned to wider disgruntled views amongst the support on Naismith. I've found it staggering that our performance is literally equal to a club of the resources of St Mirren spanning a period of almost 60 league games. It's quite clear the people running this club do not feel that our resources should equate to significantly greater results than clubs with c. 20% of our income. We're in the hunt for third - 3 points off third place, what more to you want!?! 

That in itself gives a clear insight into the mentality and ambition of those running the show. You really have to wonder what runs through the mind of James Anderson when he's sat at a Board Meeting with this lot. 

Had this argument the other day with a simpleton. 

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Is the board not responsible for anything on the pitch then. Scouting strategy, personnel, budgets are all ultimately down to the board and their actions. 

They hire the DoF and Sporting Director, academy director, head coaches etc.  the point being made is that they are not doing a good job of that. 

Ultimately, whether it’s a fan owned club or a club owned by a few individual shareholders, the fans will only tolerate failure  for so long. It’s a very easy argument to make that the only success they’ve had is Robbie Neilson. To me, that’s not good enough. If it continues it will gradually not be good enough for anyone. 

All the boards actions have resulted in us being 4th then 3rd last two seasons, imo no other board will guarantee better.

Changing the board, unless they throw money at us will have very little if no impact on the pitch but but could ruin everything built off it.

The sack Bob  because he's holding us back brigade just seem to be looking for others to sack.

It's not productive in any way.

Sacking anyone is not a plan.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

You wouldnt be

Hmmm…interesting

Had this argument the other day with a simpleton. 

Arguing with simpletons isnt a great use of ones time. Thats why ive got 50% of JKB on ignore.

Thunder and Lightning
20 hours ago, Albert McFly said:

You ok Hun? That's twice in a week you've had a go at me for not spending my life on here.

I'll say it again for the hard of hearing. I post information I get and will never reveal the sources for multiple reasons, if people keep having a pop like others I'll just stop the information.

Not doubting you but can you confirm one thing you posted on here before it was common knowledge that was proved to be accurate or true? 

Thunder and Lightning

And the board troll Is back with the shit bob chat. 

Edited by Thunder and Lightning

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

All the boards actoions have resulted in us being 4th then 3rd lat two seasons, imo no other board will guarantee better.

Changing the board, unless they throw money at us will have very little if no impact on the pitch but but could ruin everything built off it.

The sack Bob  because he's holding us back brigade just seem to be looking for others to sack.

I come from a period of supporting where Hearts finishing thrid and fourth in the league in successive seasons whould have been regarded as a stelar performance by a manager... how times change? Mind when JJ near got us fighting relegation anybody?

5 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Arguing with simpletons isnt a great use of ones time. Thats why ive got 50% of JKB on ignore.

Aye and the other half have you on ignore 😂

All the boards actoions have resulted in us being 4th then 3rd lat two seasons, imo no other board will guarantee better.

Definitely. The last two seasons are where we need to be. A lot of the current concerns lie with the feeling that the current manager won’t/ can’t deliver that. 

The Neilson argument has been done to death but that’s twice he’s left and so far we haven’t been able to recover from that. That failure lies with the board. Is Robbie Neilson the only manager we could afford that will get us to the level we need? That’s up for debate but my personal opinion is no. Another opinion is the board failed to find a decent replacement. 

I don’t really mind what others think. After initially backing his appointment I now have big doubts about Naismith. His current tactics remind me of later Craig Levein tactics - “The defence is easy to fix”, they’ll score none and we might get a goal type stuff. It took Levein ages to get to that but Naismith has arrived at it after less than half a season in charge. It doesn’t augur well. If he doesn’t change it very quickly his position will be untenable. 

Sacking someone is not a plan but if it’s the wrong person in charge it’s necessary. Now, despite everything I’ve said I still have slim hopes that Naismith could turn things around but if he doesn’t I expect the board to have a replacement in place the day after he leaves. It’s not as if they haven’t had time to prepare. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, jock _turd said:

I come from a period of supporting where Hearts finishing thrid and fourth in the league in successive seasons whould have been regarded as a stelar performance by a manager... how times change? Mind when JJ near got us fighting relegation anybody?

I'm all for improvement and I'm not happy atm, but for different reasons to most on here.

I think we sacked the wrong group and recruitment hasn't been great.

Most of the rabid complainers on here have championed the sacking of Bob, celebrated Naismith and are now realising they were wrong  want the board sacked.

Those  that wanted him sacked but didn't want Naismith mostly hadn't given a second thought to " who will do better and is interested in managing Hearts ", they just celebrated his sacking,  but are now realising the ridiculous names thrown about were beyond fantasy and are greetin we landed on Naismith. 

Both groups still think sacking folk is the answer.

None have realised they are greetin their eyes oot despite the board doing what they wanted in part or completely.

It's beyond parody. 

The board have been shite for years narrative also makes no sense as last 2 seasons we were 4th and 3rd.

Very few posters makes sense and have flip flopped that much they've lost track of who to blame and why.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Nothing wrong with that.

The happy clappers can't handle what you post. 

Yep, the anti-football brigade are out in force!!

I'm all for improvement and I'm not happy atm, but for different reasons to most on here.

Most of the rabid complainers on here have championed the sacking of Bob, celebrated Naismith and are now realising they were wrong  want the board sacked.

Those  that wanted him sacked but didn't want Naismith mostly hadn't given a second thought to " who will do better and is interested in managing Hearts ", they just celebrated his sacking,  but are now realising the ridiculous names thrown about were beyond fantasy and are greetin we landed on Naismith. 

None have realised they are greetin their eyes oot despite the board doing what they wanted in part or completely.

It's beyond parody. 

The board have been shite for years narrative also makes no sense as last 2 seasons we were 4th and 3rd.

Very few posters makes sense and have flip flopped that much they've lost track of who to blame and why.

You do understand that believing that Neilson had to go and the Board have made a poor subsequent appointment is a perfectly acceptable and legitimate perspective to hold, right?

Just because we've made appalling decisions around the appointment of Bob Neilson's successor doesn't mean it wasn't the right outcome for him to leave.

You really haven't got over it have you. If anything you seem more hurt than ever. 

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's beyond parody. 

This will take pelters but I did not want RN sacked I genuinely thought he was doing an OK job. I did not like the style but I think he knew how to get the best from the group of players he had. Fast forward and I hate the football we are getting just now it is a order of magnitude worse than what we had with RN BUT I do not want achange of manager at this time it will serve no purpose. We have to see the season out and see where we finish. I think it could be bottom half but we will see. Based on how this season goes the board then have to make a choice because we cannot continue to expect the fans to sell out Tynie to watch the absolute merde we are seeing at the moment. It is woeful stuff seven goals from eight games in league games at home YES seven goals in more than one third of the season gone, how can you defend that?

10 hours ago, DalryJambo said:

I think fans have such unrealistic expectations these days they'll never be happy. We currently have a Scottish international in goals and he's described by many as a complete bombscare (or variation). We also have our best striker in years and has been described by many as lazy, overweight and that he looks uninterested! 

Remember the days we had Callum Elliot and the likes leading the line!! 

:spoton:

The duty of the board is to run a successful business... In a business world that equates to making a profit and keeping major shareholders happy. You are not required to be the best, only to be good enough. There is no more gain in trying to achieve competition success, that usually means a money-pit, particularly when you try to take on the establishment as well.

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I hope they didn’t see any of the others as candidate’s - having said that Davidson certainly deserves a shot somewhere. My point was that plenty of managers have won trophies are more than attainable for us when McKinley suggests they aren’t. 

Also I’d be genuinely stunned if McInnes wouldn’t walk over hot coals to be our manager at this stage in his career. 

Don’t believe he was interested.  Maybe doesn’t like working with a DoF or SD. If that was a condition then I could see him saying no thanks. 

4 minutes ago, noskillson said:

The duty of the board is to run a successful business... In a business world that equates to making a profit and keeping major shareholders happy. You are not required to be the best, only to be good enough. There is no more gain in trying to achieve competition success, that usually means a money-pit, particularly when you try to take on the establishment as well.

The establishment …………

IMG_5225.jpeg

4 minutes ago, noskillson said:

Ok Mr McKinlay 

15 minutes ago, noskillson said:

That's good because the major shareholder in this case is the FoH members.

The trouble is it's not  been good enough from the major shareholders point of view.

Edited by Ked

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

This will take pelters but I did not want RN sacked I genuinely thought he was doing an OK job. I did not like the style but I think he knew how to get the best from the group of players he had. Fast forward and I hate the football we are getting just now it is a order of magnitude worse than what we had with RN BUT I do not want achange of manager at this time it will serve no purpose. We have to see the season out and see where we finish. I think it could be bottom half but we will see. Based on how this season goes the board then have to make a choice because we cannot continue to expect the fans to sell out Tynie to watch the absolute merde we are seeing at the moment. It is woeful stuff seven goals from eight games in league games at home YES seven goals in more than one third of the season gone, how can you defend that?

Fair

My group thinkstaking those lines too. 

I, and we are pissed of with the red faced gammons screaming for sackings and shouting abuse at our players.

We have more reason to be pissed of with the board than the absolute screamers who demand change,  get it- then greet even harder for more change.

I'm pissed of with the board for thinking that sacking Bob and going  with Naismith  was going to save 3rd place last season and somehow improve us this season and if the group of agitators influenced this then the board is weak.

As for the flair and football,  I've watched Scottish football long enough to understand the game here.

It makes me laugh when folk mention this.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Apparently one of our new sponsors is the nhs. They are going to buy seats for insomniacs

No need, can just read your jokes.

8 hours ago, Carter said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-naismith-hearts-flak-andrew-31677469.amp

Seems McKinlay is bemused at some if the feedback from yesterday aligned to wider disgruntled views amongst the support on Naismith. I've found it staggering that our performance is literally equal to a club of the resources of St Mirren spanning a period of almost 60 league games. It's quite clear the people running this club do not feel that our resources should equate to significantly greater results than clubs with c. 20% of our income. We're in the hunt for third - 3 points off third place, what more to you want!?! 

That in itself gives a clear insight into the mentality and ambition of those running the show. You really have to wonder what runs through the mind of James Anderson when he's sat at a Board Meeting with this lot. 

Good post. 

I like Naisy but the club comes first. There has to be standards/expectations here and we are currently some way of meeting them. We're not even meeting the bar that Robbie set. If that wasn't considered good enough for the board, you've got to ask how this is any different ? 

I don't doubt that Naisy leaves no stone unturned and is doing everything he can. He may have been let down by recruitment but there's no excuse for the lack of chances we create in games with probably an even better and more expensive team than Neilson had. 

Bazzas right boot
56 minutes ago, Carter said:

You do understand that believing that Neilson had to go and the Board have made a poor subsequent appointment is a perfectly acceptable and legitimate perspective to hold, right?

Just because we've made appalling decisions around the appointment of Bob Neilson's successor doesn't mean it wasn't the right outcome for him to leave.

You really haven't got over it have you. If anything you seem more hurt than ever. 

Sacking a manager and appointing a new one are linked.

You can say they're not, but the sacking isn't the important part, the new appointment is and as I said we will struggle to get a manager that does better than Bob .

Folk like you don't care, they just want folk sacked,  it's simpler than simple thinking and the board should have known better than the majority of the fans but it looks like they didn't. 

They sacked a good, young Hearts manager when he dropped from 3rd to 4th and were left pisssing in the wind to find a replacement then had to take a complete punt.

McInnes is the only one that comes to mind that had a record better than Bob and is within our range.

Very few on here wanted him, including me.

I'm over it ( my life remains the same), unfortunately the club isn’t- just like last time. 

8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Fair

My group thinkstaking those lines too. 

I, and we are pissed of with the red faced gammons screaming for sackings and shouting abuse at our players.

We have more reason to be pissed of with the board than the absolute screamers who demand change,  get it- then greet even harder for more change.

I'm pissed of with the board for thinking that sacking Bob and going  with Naismith  was going to save 3rd place last season and somehow improve us this season and if the group of agitators influenced this then the board is weak.

As for the flair and football,  I've watched Scottish football long enough to understand the game here.

It makes me laugh when folk mention this.

The thing with Nelson is that he didn’t replace Halkett. If he had brought in (for arguments sake) Kent, he would still be here and we would have sewn up 3rd at a canter. We were all shouting for a commanding CB for almost a year, and it cost him his job. 

8 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

we are not dependent on JA. His money is being used off the pitch for projects like the hotel, his money is apparently being used for the ladies team. And his investment is not free, at least a slice of it is in place of a regular shirt sponsor.  

we spend his money on those projects because we have it, if we didn’t have it we wouldn’t build a hotel and in all likelihood support for the womens team would reduce.   It would also be offset by a more traditional sponsorship model.

genuinely. Have no idea why this is difficult to comprehend. JA is fabulous, he’s an important part of the club but we don’t depend on him.  We can wash our own feet 

Spot on.  He's only here to support community and innovative stuff that Hearts (or Big Hearts) do off the field. AB knew him through business contacts and she did a good turn for Hearts in getting him on board.

As you say, its weird why some fans still think he should be spending a few million of his own money on players each year.

gorgierulesapply88
23 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Apparently one of our new sponsors is the nhs. They are going to buy seats for insomniacs

We'll forget to order them again!

gorgierulesapply88
6 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

The thing with Nelson is that he didn’t replace Halkett. If he had brought in (for arguments sake) Kent, he would still be here and we would have sewn up 3rd at a canter. We were all shouting for a commanding CB for almost a year, and it cost him his job. 

That name should never be mentioned to do with Hearts again. His big game record horrific.

Should never have been brought back, but the club took the easy option as usual jobs for the boys etc.

1 minute ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

That name should never be mentioned to do with Hearts again. His big game record horrific.

Should never have been brought back, but the club took the easy option as usual jobs for the boys etc.

Thankfully Nelson was not here long . Agree he was awful 

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Thankfully Nelson was not here long . Agree he was awful 

It’s the one thing our board have got massively wrong since admin. Neilson was the best of a very bad/average bunch. It’s arguably the most important position at a football club and something board have failed miserably with. 
We’re the third biggest Scottish football club… we deserve a good manager. Not a project or ‘pal’ at the helm. 

12 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yes, I agree that not finding a proper experienced CH replacement in the last January window was one of his undoings.   Another was persisting with Snodgrass's role in the team  long after it was clear that every other manager was setting his  tactics to nullify him.   

I think the main reason the board sacked him was money - what looked like a surefire 3rd place entry into the Europa League  (and parachute into Conf Lg group stage), with the big prize money that would bring.  

Without that prize money dangling in front of them, I doubt the Board would have sacked him, and @Bazzas right boot would not still be having regular breakdowns  😜