Would Csaba dare to get rid of any Lithuanians ?

Midloth_Iain

Midloth_Iain

Would his boss accept it if he wanted to punt, for example

Zaliukas

Ivaskevicius

amongst his reported clear-out ? ;)

This is not an argument of who should be punted (honest !) but for arguments sake, would he have the bottle to say "these players are not good enough" to Vlad and Korobotchka and if he is over ruled, would he go public about it ? :cool:

200milesfromgorgie

i honestly think we will only see miko, chesney and maybe one more lithuanian next season.

feck im stupid.

Zaliukas

Ivaskevicius

This is not an argument of who should be punted (honest !) but for arguments sake, would he have the bottle to say "these players are not good enough" to Vlad and Korobotchka and if he is over ruled, would he go public about it ? :cool:

As long as they were sold to other clubs in reasonably strong leagues, I don't think there would be a problem.

If they get sent back to FBK I think that they will probably end their career in the Baltic States and this would not be good for the players or for Romanovs vision of seeing more Lithuanians at a high level.

All the Liths are passengers and should be punted. I dont think Lazslo will have much of a say in who comes and who goes though, especially trapazoid players. More likely if Vlad wants to bring any more of these diddies over then he'll just do it. As for players going back, can you honestly see Miko being sent packing? No neither can I. He might think it and even say it but at the end of the day it isn't up to him.

Say What Again

I think he may we'll say to Vlad 'x isn't good enough, you may as well send him back to Kaunas', to which Vlad would more than likely reply 'No. And he's playing on Saturday'

LiamWallace

I dout he'll have any say in the liths you only have to look at the Velicka thread to see that vlad and the kaunas players see us as a shop window and that is going to conitnue in my opinion. I would think the liths will last longer than Csaba but I hope I am wrong.

All the Liths are passengers and should be punted. I dont think Lazslo will have much of a say in who comes and who goes though, especially trapazoid players. More likely if Vlad wants to bring any more of these diddies over then he'll just do it. As for players going back, can you honestly see Miko being sent packing? No neither can I. He might think it and even say it but at the end of the day it isn't up to him.

To be honest, Miko is a bit of a pretty boy and may actually have marketability :wacko: beyond the scope of his worth on the pitch

Dont read too much into that from my personal perspective mind ;)

To be honest, Miko is a bit of a pretty boy and may actually have marketability :wacko: beyond the scope of his worth on the pitch

Dont read too much into that from my personal perspective mind ;)

Yeh, he could boost the sales of Hearts scarfs and car stickers! I think Beckham and Ronaldo can rest easy. I just get the feeling he isn't quite at the level yet where he'll be dominating the global market and making the club millions through image rights!

In all seriousness, he and Stewart are two of the biggest imposters in the squad and should be punted immediately. Somehow i doubt it though.

Zaliukas

Ivaskevicius

I would not wish him to go public about anything. Club business should remain wihin the four walls.

If VR has given Csaba licence to sort out the playing staff he should support him in all he does. If VR doesn't support Csaba he would be within his rights, after making reasonable approaches about the situation, to resign and claim "constructive dismissal".

If Csaba doesn't have sufficient powers to get rid of staff, the question is irrelevant.

I sincerely hope Csaba has a strong, if not final, say and since the Lithuanians are all on loan, they would be easy to remove. Like the OP I shall not say who I think should be punted or not.

Lith's have been punted in the past - Pillowbiter, Jankauskas and Velicka for example. It just depends if anyone would take No.28 or Zaliukas.

As long as they were sold to other clubs in reasonably strong leagues,

And that's why they'll be going nowhere - none of the Lithuanians currently in the shop window at Tynie are good enough for any league better than the Lithuanian one.

So they'll continue to pollute our first team squad, unfortunately. The best we can hope, I think, is that Czaba will occasionally be allowed to drop them when they have a ludicrously long run of **** games in a row.

Lith's have been punted in the past - Pillowbiter, Jankauskas and Velicka for example. It just depends if anyone would take No.28 or Zaliukas.

No one needs to take them, we can just cancel their loans.

Csaba says he knows who he doesn't want and coupled with reducing the size of the squad, there simply has to be some Lith's in there. Personally I'd only keep Miko and at least with the games so far, he's seen how bad guys like Ksanavicius and Zaliukas are.

Audrey has to go.

For as long as he is at the club i'll alwaya be a little suspicious of Vlad'd influence. The guy is a terrible, terrible player.

Audrey has to go.

For as long as he is at the club i'll alwaya be a little suspicious of Vlad'd influence. The guy is a terrible, terrible player.

I rated him for a while, but his form is far too inconsistent. I don't think he's as bad as some you make out but I think he needs to go. He was one of our few creative players last year but his ****e finishing cost us on far too many occasions.

I think Miko and Chesney are reasonable squad players. But not really to be counted on.

Zaliukas might if given a huge amount of coaching, and brought down to ground on his actual abilities rather than the starring role he has in his head, might be reasonable in a few years time. One of the few we have had with a bit of strength about him.

But Ivaskevicius and Ksnavicius are amongst the most gutless worst players I've seen in a Hearts jersey. If Lazslo has any power then he will surely return them to Kaunas as soon as possible.

But Ivaskevicius and Ksnavicius are amongst the most gutless worst players I've seen in a Hearts jersey. If Lazslo has any power then he will surely return them to Kaunas as soon as possible.

About sums them up.

No heart, no fight, no point.

I'd keep Miko and Zal and send Chesney off to play girls football to try and toughen him up for a couple of seasons.

Midloth_Iain
I think Miko and Chesney are reasonable squad players. But not really to be counted on.

Zaliukas might if given a huge amount of coaching, and brought down to ground on his actual abilities rather than the starring role he has in his head, might be reasonable in a few years time. One of the few we have had with a bit of strength about him.

Agreed, I think there is the makings of a player in there, but it needs the right coach to develop him and sort out his self-styled "superstar" status.

Nelly Terraces
Audrey has to go.

Ditto Zaliuseless. Worst central defender I've seen in years, up there wi Petric. Also a total plum off the field and a disruptive influence. Would love to see this no-mark punted asap.

A huge clearout of deadbeats is required through, if only it was as easy as doing it overnight, but it's not, and it'll take time. We must have patience and let Shabbs get on with the job.

If Csaba is true to his word and allowed to implement his thoughts he must have Audrey and Ketusis on his list of "cull"

I'd imagine he has Zali on this list of "try and cull" (as I understand Zali has shown nothing in either pre-season friendly)

Chesney - must work harder

Miko - first team squad

To be honest even if only 2 from 5 went home I'd be delighted as that would indicate some autonomy at play.

If none go, that would suggest Vlad is insisting on the continuation of his shop window

If Csaba plays the first 2 with any regularity that would suggest he is not his own man

Zaliukas

Ivaskevicius

Our problems dont lie with the Liths

Our problem lies with the players not caring, stealing wages and not working hard

I would get rid of every single player, with the possible exception of Miko. However, even he has produced significantly more bad than good.

These guy have consistently been poor performers and if we are to improve, we need to get rid of the players who ain't up to it. Sorry one decent game does not mean you are good enough.

Its something that has been used to defend some players poor performances. 'Aye, bet your weren't saying he was merd when we won against Rangers' Unfortunately, more often than not these guys produce sub standard performances.

That said there are many others in the squad who clearly aint up to it and need moved on. However, the loan players are a very easy and quick hit.

I wouldn't be disappointed if they all left.

Can't help liking Miko a wee bit though, even after all the bad times.

I wouldn't be disappointed if they all left.

Can't help liking Miko a wee bit though, even after all the bad times.

Miko was one of about 5 players who stood up to be counted after new year last year - when all the luxury prima donnas gave up.

That means he still has a little bit of goodwill from me.

Guest JamboRobbo
Miko was one of about 5 players who stood up to be counted after new year last year - when all the luxury prima donnas gave up.

Agreed. I've given him stick in the past when he's deserved it. He deserves praise for the second half of last season, where as you say, he was one of the few that stood up to be counted.

So long as Miko continues that attitude, he'll be worthy of his place at HMFC.

I'm a Miko fan

the only thing is it seems that our players 'with less quality' tried hardest last year

Our so called good players didn't lift a finger

agree 100% m8 towards the end of last season he tried and showed us the supporters that he is in it for the long haul

Just don't see it.

How long has been here, how, often has been anything other than dissapointing. I think he gets cut a lot of slack as he was perceieved to be subject to Vlads special treatment!

He's other guy who has 1 good game in 15, whilst the rest he produces nothing. We're at the stage where we can't afford passangers. These good performances are not the norm, they are the exception.

I don't doubt he has ability but he like many other players ain't suited to the physical nature of the SPL.

How many chances do we give these guys?

I just don't think we should be taking chance after chance on a player on the hope he comes good. Lets get rid of the people who ain't cut and get guys in who are suited to play in the SPL.

Well Chesney was essentially frozen out for a season.

So not only has that impacted upon his time on the pitch it MUST have affected his morale and motivation

But also, I reckon there are a number of players who have underperformed at Hearts over the last 2 years directly as a result of the demise in the coaching side of Hearts. I think Chesney is one.

Its no biggy. Wouldnt be greetin' if he left - but he can offer sparks of creativity that few other people in the squad have.

Look at the goals he can score, if a decent coach can get that out of him regularly then he would be an asset.

Guest jambomickey

zaliukas, ksanavicius, mikoliunas, ivaskevicius are not good enough if we want to improve and cesnauskis is injury prone

Dirk Diggler

This is the biggest problem....

What if, Csaba decides Ivaskevicius/Zaliukas/Ksanavicius do have something to offer?

If any are played, some will automatically assume that interference is still rife.

Believe it or not, he may rate some/all of them.

Guest jambomickey

What if, Csaba decides Ivaskevicius/Zaliukas/Ksanavicius do have something to offer?

If any are played, some will automatically assume that interference is still rife.

well that's where he'll either stand or fall on his decisions mate! lets just hope they are his decisions

shaun.lawson

A very fair question - and it's perfectly possible he will rate at least some of them. I guess the answer lies in what the perception is. I'm aware this may raise the ire of another poster (if he's reading this, he'll know who I mean ;)) - but remember Kilmarnock away last season, Hibs away in league and diddy cup in 06/7, and Hibs away near the end of 05/6? Remember that sinking feeling in your heart when you heard what the team was? We all knew what was going on: you can't pull the wool over an entire fanbase's eyes.

So I think we'll all know if it happens again - but fingers crossed it won't. And as long as he's autonomous, if he wants to pick any of the players you mentioned, that's fine: indeed, I'd expect at least one or two of them to dramatically improve within a properly run club and stable managerial setup anyway.

Dirk Diggler
A very fair question - and it's perfectly possible he will rate at least some of them. I guess the answer lies in what the perception is. I'm aware this may raise the ire of another poster (if he's reading this, he'll know who I mean ;)) - but remember Kilmarnock away last season, Hibs away in league and diddy cup in 06/7, and Hibs away near the end of 05/6? Remember that sinking feeling in your heart when you heard what the team was? We all knew what was going on: you can't pull the wool over an entire fanbase's eyes.

So I think we'll all know if it happens again - but fingers crossed it won't. And as long as he's autonomous, if he wants to pick any of the players you mentioned, that's fine: indeed, I'd expect at least one or two of them to dramatically improve within a properly run club and stable managerial setup anyway.

Yes Shaun, I remember the feeling I had upon hearing the team news at Easter Rd that night.

Lager helped for a while.

Personally, I don't think we are going to see a complete overhaul, As far as I can tell the club can't afford it so it seems to me that although a few will be released, the wages the Lithuanian players are picking up will ensure the majority will be kept on.

I don't have a problem with that, I'd hope that along with the likes of Stewart, Neilson, Wallace and Nade, the new man will be able to up their game.

I just think he'll be up against it from some on the subject of the Lithuanian players at Hearts.

I also accept that Vladimir Romanov has created this situation.

scott herbertson
Yes Shaun, I remember the feeling I had upon hearing the team news at Easter Rd that night.

Personally, I don't think we are going to see a complete overhaul, As far as I can tell the club can't afford it so it seems to me that although a few will be released, the wages the Lithuanian players are picking up will ensure the majority will be kept on.

I don't have a problem with that, I'd hope that along with the likes of Stewart, Neilson, Wallace and Nade, the new man will be able to up their game.

I just think he'll be up against it from some on the subject of the Lithuanian players at Hearts.

Me too. That ER team and the Rix announcement were the lowest poitns for me.

I ewould be happy if two or three go back - that would send the right message without souring what needs to be a good relationship between manager and owner.

south morocco
Me too. That ER team and the Rix announcement were the lowest poitns for me.

I ewould be happy if two or three go back - that would send the right message without souring what needs to be a good relationship between manager and owner.

I cant see us giong that low again scot t surely!, we are on the up mate, we have to be ,either that or Mr Romanov can wave goodbye to the hearts support forever

The light has just not been switched on for many , eh ?

Where the feck did the ? 3.8 Mill go if wasn't to pay for the pesh from Lithuania ?

jack D and coke
Well Chesney was essentially frozen out for a season.

So not only has that impacted upon his time on the pitch it MUST have affected his morale and motivation

But also, I reckon there are a number of players who have underperformed at Hearts over the last 2 years directly as a result of the demise in the coaching side of Hearts. I think Chesney is one.

Its no biggy. Wouldnt be greetin' if he left - but he can offer sparks of creativity that few other people in the squad have.

Look at the goals he can score, if a decent coach can get that out of him regularly then he would be an asset.

Ha ha what all 3 of them!! In 3 years!!

Chesney has to be one of the worst finshers i've ever seen in my life. His final ball whether it's a cross or a shot is woeful. Ok the goal against Partick was a bit of a pearler but for the amount of times he cuts inside and puts the ball 40ft wide or over the bar is a joke.

He flatters to deceive massively imo.

If Csaba rates any of them he will immediately go down in my estimations and i'll suspect vlad is pulling our chains again.

shaun.lawson
Ha ha what all 3 of them!! In 3 years!!

Chesney has to be one of the worst finshers i've ever seen in my life. His final ball whether it's a cross or a shot is woeful. Ok the goal against Partick was a bit of a pearler but for the amount of times he cuts inside and puts the ball 40ft wide or over the bar is a joke.

He flatters to deceive massively imo.

If Csaba rates any of them he will immediately go down in my estimations and i'll suspect vlad is pulling our chains again.

I know where you're coming from - but I've always had this feeling that Chesney is a lot better than we've generally seen. With the right coaching and motivation provided by a proper managerial setup, he's the one I'd back to really improve: and whisper it, but Miko might come into his own too. :eek: Nurse, my pills!

Dirk Diggler
The light has just not been switched on for many , eh ?

Where the feck did the ? 3.8 Mill go if wasn't to pay for the pesh from Lithuania ?

Ok, enlightened one.

You're trying to tell me the 3.8 million was 'lost' on the players I mentioned above?

:laugh:

I'll put it to you that your light is the one that isn't, and I doubt ever will be, switched on.

hinksikensi

if u base any player on Ability and Attitude then any self respecting decent manager would see that all the liths severely lack in both aspects. If they are all kept on then i think we know the answer...... Vlad still has control

Dirk Diggler
if u base any player on Ability and Attitude then any self respecting decent manager would see that all the liths severely lack in both aspects. If they are all kept on then i think we know the answer...... Vlad still has control

Miko lacks in attitude?

You are correct of course.

The dirty Lith.

:rolleyes:

portobellojambo1

Zaliukas

Ivaskevicius

It would be refreshing if suggestions, along the lines of the above, he might make were listened to.

I don't think there is any need for it to be made public should he be overruled. That is internal business that doesn't have to be shared with the fans.

Libertonian_II

Whether we like it or not, the 'showcasing' of Lithuanian players will continue. That much was clear from VR's meeting with the German guy.

That said, I still do not see how anyone, with a football brain, can possibly think that there is profit to be gained from playing Ksanavicius, Zaliukas or Ivaskevicius.

Truth is that VR is will continue to pull the strings on who plays and who doesn't.

weaverhorse

get rid of Audrey, Iva and Zaliukas end of story. They're are all pish!

But I would give Cesney one more chance, remember how he was one of our best players in the 2nd half of the 05-06 season. Also

keep Miko as a squad player he is the perfect type of player to bring on with 20 mins to go against a tired defence a sort of super

sub role.

Archived