Something you’ve kept to yourself and never told anyone.

GinRummy

Was thinking about this the other day. About 20 years ago I was dating this woman, things were going well. After about 6 months, her friends had met my friends then one day I was out on the piss with a pal and he commented that said girlfriend looked a bit like John Denver. 

For some reason that comparison just stuck in my head and I couldn’t shake it. A few weeks later I finished with her because I couldn’t shake it off. She was very upset. I felt really, really bad. 

I always kept this to myself and never told anyone ever.

Anyone else got anything happened to them that they’ve never told a soul. 

Edited by GinRummy

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Was thinking about this the other day. About 20 years ago I was dating this woman, things were going well. After about 6 months, her friends had met my friends then one day I was out on the piss with a pal and he commented that said girlfriend looked a bit like John Denver. 

For some reason that comparison just stuck in my head and I couldn’t shake it. A few weeks later I finished with her because I couldn’t shake it off. She was very upset. I felt really, really bad. 

I always kept this to myself and never told anyone ever.

Anyonr else got anything happened to them that they’ve never told a soul. 

Did she leave on a jet plane?

Two of us watched a friend having sex with his girlfriend.  We were up a tree in the back garden that looked directly into the lounge of the house.

Served us right when the branch snapped and we fell to the ground and cascaded down a slope.

henrysmithsgloves
36 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Two of us watched a friend having sex with his girlfriend.  We were up a tree in the back garden that looked directly into the lounge of the house.

Served us right when the branch snapped and we fell to the ground and cascaded down a slope.

Moral of the story....make sure you have a good wood?

periodictabledancer

Someone I worked with many years ago and knew very well told me on a business trip , very randomly, she nearly died as a youngster when she got  caught up in bedsheets and nearly strangled . She then said she wanted lillies on her grave when she died.

She hung herself two days later.

I post this because I found the memorial card from her funeral just a couple of days ago. 

I worked with her sister and husband for many years after the event.  I couldn't tell them. 

47 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Moral of the story....make sure you have a good wood?

Iron for me, old boy.

Iron.

:sweeet:

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, periodictabledancer said:

Someone I worked with many years ago and knew very well told me on a business trip , very randomly, she nearly died as a youngster when she got  caught up in bedsheets and nearly strangled . She then said she wanted lillies on her grave when she died.

She hung herself two days later.

I post this because I found the memorial card from her funeral just a couple of days ago. 

I worked with her sister and husband for many years after the event.  I couldn't tell them. 

Totally understand that 

been here before

This boy I knew once had a lassie I really fancied. Kept trying to get in about her but she was staying faithful.

Dropped a hint to him she looked a bit like country legend John Denver, sowed the seed as it were. Lo and behold a few weeks later he dumped her bevause he couldnt not see it. She was heartbroken and like the gent I am I gave her all the 'support and understanding' she needed.

Man that lassie could do things that would make your teeth itch. She was obviously keen to make up for lost time after her last boyfriend.

Still have a wry chuckle when I hear Country Road.

Edited by been here before

1 minute ago, been here before said:

This boy I knew once had a lassie I really fancied. Keot trying to get in about her but she was staying faithful.

Dropped a hint to him she looked a bit like country legend John Denver, sowed the seed as it were. Lo and behold a few weeks later he dumped her bevause he couldnt not see it. She was heartbroken and like the gent I am I gave her all the 'support and understanding' she needed.

Man that lassie could do things that would make your teeth itch. She was obviously keen to make up for lost time after her last boyfriend.

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, been here before said:

This boy I knew once had a lassie I really fancied. Kept trying to get in about her but she was staying faithful.

Classic.  :clap:

1 hour ago, been here before said:

:clap::clap::clap:

That thing you do

A girl I was seeing when I was at Uni had a Dad who worked with Heineken. When Id have dates and hed drop her off at mine hed always bring a six pack and say "Here Son, have a nice night". We were going out for about 3 months and the expectation of beer grew the longer we stayed together. We were drifting after about 5 months and we both wanted to end it but I told her I wanted to keep trying because I loved her and for the sake of the relationship. In reality, I needed to stockpile the beer due to imminent ending of the supply and so those try to make it work dates got me enough beer to see me through 3 months after the breakup.

Best father in law I never had that man.

Edited by That thing you do

henrysmithsgloves
4 hours ago, That thing you do said:

A girl I was seeing when I was at Uni had a Dad who worked with Heineken. When Id have dates and hed drop her off at mine hed always bring a six pack and say "Here Son, have a nice night". We were going out for about 3 months and the expectation of beer grew the longer we stayed together. We were drifting after about 5 months and we both wanted to end it but I told her I wanted to keep trying because I loved her and for the sake of the relationship. In reality, I needed to stockpile the beer due to imminent ending of the supply and so those try to make it work dates got me enough beer to see me through 3 months after the breakup.

Best father in law I never had that man.

Was she that ugly? Her dad had to get you pissed to date her🤣

That thing you do
1 hour ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Was she that ugly? Her dad had to get you pissed to date her🤣

She was more than ok. Im just likeable.