Alister Darling. RIP

Don Dan

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

If I saw an RIP thread for someone I didn't like, I just wouldn't comment.

It's just common decency 

Spot on. Some shameful posts on this thread. Even Salmond and Sturgeon both paid warm tributes. The anonymity of social media turns some people into hate filled trumpets. If you don't like someone's politics, vote for someone else - simples. But respect everyone's right to their beliefs even if they dare to be different from your own. Far too many people just want to live in echo chambers nowadays. 

been here before
3 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

Maybe it’s an age thing and we live in different times but is there any need for the disrespectful comments. Surely when a family loses a loved one political persuasions are irrelevant. Most of the tributes across the spectrum reflect that he was a decent human being. It’s an old saying if you can’t say anything good say nothing.

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

If I saw an RIP thread for someone I didn't like, I just wouldn't comment.

It's just common decency 

2 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

Exactly. Sadly too many can’t respect themselves 

8 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Spot on. Some shameful posts on this thread. Even Salmond and Sturgeon both paid warm tributes. The anonymity of social media turns some people into hate filled trumpets. If you don't like someone's politics, vote for someone else - simples. But respect everyone's right to their beliefs even if they dare to be different from your own. Far too many people just want to live in echo chambers nowadays. 

Folk using RIP threads just to have a go at other posters.

Totally lacking respect. No common decency, thats the problem.

5 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

Maybe it’s an age thing and we live in different times but is there any need for the disrespectful comments. Surely when a family loses a loved one political persuasions are irrelevant. Most of the tributes across the spectrum reflect that he was a decent human being. It’s an old saying if you can’t say anything good say nothing.

I think it is an age thing, but also a JKB thing where you have to be be King of Edgy.

When politicians from all sides - including Alex Salmond & Nicola Sturgeon - pay tribute to his decency even though they were polar opposites politically, you wonder where some people get off on their ‘look at me’ posts.

Well, full marks to all the cheap-shots on JKB. 

As a councillor, Alistair Darling helped my mum and the Parents Teachers Association save Tollcross Primary School. 

As a chancellor, he helped secured all of our mortgages with 48 hours notice. 

It's easy to spout on JKB, but I would ask that when someone passes, we show our collective respects. 

New Town Loafer

RIP. Despite my personal opinion that New Labour was the worst thing to happen to British society, he was one of the decent politicians.

• 4 weeks later...
Lord Montpelier
27 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The pied piper of the hoosejocks pops it on St Andrew's day.  If calsburg...

Oh look... the tartan extremist 

2 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Best ignored when trolling IMHO.

I think he is banned from all the political threads.

To come out with that sick post over a respected former politician's death really shows a complete lack of class and human decency.