Anyone been to Geneva recently ?

Le Chat

I'm trying to arrange my works Xmas do at the moment.

We are after a flight out of Edinburgh reasonably early and a return the next day about mid afternoon.

We went to Munich last year and the times of the Amsterdam Easyjet have changed (KLM want ?280 return).

The times of the Geneva Easyjet flights are good - Out 10:00 Return 14:00 but I don't know anyone who's been there.

I'm mainly interested in what sort of night out it is and how much the beer is.

christhejambo

I flew a few times on the Easyjet service you mention coming back home from France last year, and it was excellent. I was only once out at night in Geneva though, but during the day it was far from cheap. Saying that, there are few major W. European cities which are still considered cheap for a night out these days-but Switzerland aint really cheap for ANYTHING.

Not a million miles from London or expensive Edinburgh prices in my experience. Nice city- interesting choice for an Xmas do. Changing from Euros to Swiss Francs back to Pounds was a pain in the tits for me though.

Flew to Geneva in May for the weekend, but went to Montreux at the other side of the lake. Scenery is unrivalled. Good quality food as you would expect and the booze was not too dear. Wasn't cheap either.

christhejambo

Worth bearing in mind the time of year too - a lot of people use Geneva to travel to the Alps for the ski season- flights will only get dearer, and the prices are adjusted for the season in quite a few places too.

Thanks for the info folks.

I didn't think that Geneva was a party-town and your comments have pretty much confirmed it.

Unfortunately the flight times for other cities don't really suit our needs so its looking likely that we'll be heading back to Munich again.

Archived