China Flu

That thing you do

That thing you do

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12794953/China-says-FLU-known-viruses-blame-mystery-wave-pneumonia-overwhelming-hospitals.html

Whatever China say is going on, get it independently verified, preferably not via the WHO that took cash to not blame the lab for covid.

Really hope noone stupid enough to trust China. Get flights stopped now and wait.

17 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

It probably is just the usual winter bugs and flu but the level of paranoia over there in people must be through the roof.

Yep they were even more mental than the west ! 

52 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12794953/China-says-FLU-known-viruses-blame-mystery-wave-pneumonia-overwhelming-hospitals.html

Whatever China say is going on, get it independently verified, preferably not via the WHO that took cash to not blame the lab for covid.

Really hope noone stupid enough to trust China. Get flights stopped now and wait.

Says the Daily Mail ffs...

:facepalm:

3 hours ago, That thing you do said:

Certainly i fishy he came back to power when it happened. 

Once bitten twice shy.  Was offered the vax a few weeks back after i took the flu one. Told her no thanks. 

3 hours ago, dtgj said:

It's in more reputable news sources also to be fair. The BBC for example - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-67505218

The BBC is a bit more reputable. Just a bit. Not doubting btw - just the Daily Mail is probably as mendicious as the Chinese govt, if not more so.

There's been a nasty 4/5 week cough,chest,sore throat flu type thing worked its way round all the boys.

The whole sites had it.

I'm in my 4th week of coughing up healthy puddles of flem.

Anyone had this ?

4 minutes ago, Ked said:

There's been a nasty 4/5 week cough,chest,sore throat flu type thing worked its way round all the boys.

The whole sites had it.

Anyone had this ?

Yeah, me and almost everyone else I know. This shitty cough that just doesn't shift. I think I'm almost through it now but it's been a shit one. 

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah, me and almost everyone else I know. This shitty cough that just doesn't shift. I think I'm almost through it now but it's been a shit one. 

I've thought that for the last 2 weeks.

8 minutes ago, Ked said:

I've thought that for the last 2 weeks.

Aye, my son is just entering his 3rd week of this cough, started off by being physically sick, then Day 3-7 upper dryish, then worked its way down his chest breaking up Day 8 thru 12 but since then its just hanging around like a bad smell. Has managed his sports through it all but definitely not able to close down for 70mins as per.

Edited by ArcticJambo

Here’s hoping all the face mask wearers from 2020/21 kicking about with whatever cough they have now are prepared to ‘do their bit’ and allow the rest of us fine physical specimens with natural immunity to wander the earth unmolested by their disgusting sneezes and hacking. 

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Ked said:

The whole sites had it.

Anyone had this ?

Yep I’ve had it for three weeks constantly coughing really annoying it’s ok hacking it up at home or walking to work as I’m in an office I leave my desk to cough up in the bogs. Wife wants me to ask the quack for antibiotics I’m not ill just bloody pain in the arse

I had a cold, then covid a week later, then this a week after that. So essentially a cough for about 2 months. Coupled with chest pains and heart palpitations and blood pressure 150/120, I was proper shitting myself. Doc gave me a full MoT, bloods, ECG, Chest X-ray. Haven't had the x-ray back yet but everything else is fine. 

Turns out, I'm just stressed and have a cough. 

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

I had a cold, then covid a week later, then this a week after that. So essentially a cough for about 2 months. Coupled with chest pains and heart palpitations and blood pressure 150/120, I was proper shitting myself. Doc gave me a full MoT, bloods, ECG, Chest X-ray. Haven't had the x-ray back yet but everything else is fine. 

Turns out, I'm just stressed and have a cough. 

Medicinal vape then 👍

2 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Yep I’ve had it for three weeks constantly coughing really annoying it’s ok hacking it up at home or walking to work as I’m in an office I leave my desk to cough up in the bogs. Wife wants me to ask the quack for antibiotics I’m not ill just bloody pain in the arse

Don't ever do that shit unless it's infection.

Just lowers your resistance to other shit.

Another 2 or 3 to go mate and a bickefull of flem

I've given up being polite in public.

Coughed up and spat out.

Too much too keep.

I honestly worry about passing it on to sea life.

11 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

That would be the first symptom I’d mention, not the last. 

il Duce McTarkin
13 hours ago, Ked said:

The whole sites had it.

Anyone had this ?

Aye, just a bad cold, imo.

I was floored for around a month and my youngest laddie has been up and down for a couple of weeks beyond that. 

13 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Here’s hoping all the face mask wearers from 2020/21 kicking about with whatever cough they have now are prepared to ‘do their bit’ and allow the rest of us fine physical specimens with natural immunity to wander the earth unmolested by their disgusting sneezes and hacking. 

If you have natural immunity why would you care if anyone wears a mask or not?

19 hours ago, That thing you do said:

Remember at the start of the last covid, lots of cctv videos from China of people just colapsing and falling to the ground.

Then all the hysteria of what covid was going to be like and doing.

Need to be careful about any info coming out of China, to try and lock us all down and world economy's again.

New Town Loafer
1 hour ago, Australis said:

Remember at the start of the last covid, lots of cctv videos from China of people just colapsing and falling to the ground.

Need to be careful about any info coming out of China, to try and lock us all down and world economy's again.

Precisely. Don't trust anything coming out of that dystopian shithole.

2 hours ago, Australis said:

Dont comply.

16 hours ago, Ked said:

The whole sites had it.

Anyone had this ?

No but i had diahrea for a week then I had constipation for a few days .  That was worse.  Now im happily depositing healthy large logs again. :) 

d6502li-3fad9656-5564-4164-b322-2cf5dcaf2735.gif

That thing you do

There's that.

There's also china reassuring it's nothing meaning everyone should assume it's something.

I dont want locked down/wrecked economy either but I also don't want anyone to be complacent if something nastier comes.

I still feel covid was a precursor/test and not just a sloppy accident.

Well I for one am shocked that a country which was in lockdown last winter is experiencing higher incidences of flu the following winter.

Who'd have thunk it?!

Horatio Caine
15 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

No but i had diahrea for a week then I had constipation for a few days .  That was worse.  Now im happily depositing healthy large logs again. :) 

d6502li-3fad9656-5564-4164-b322-2cf5dcaf2735.gif

Too much info 3J's...

3 hours ago, cazzyy said:

If you have natural immunity why would you care if anyone wears a mask or not?

Coz they disgust me with their minging faces. 

18 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Once bitten twice shy.  Was offered the vax a few weeks back after i took the flu one. Told her no thanks. 

I took it this year, but that might be the last time that I do.

Overheard one of the nurses say that they are a lot quieter this year than last with more and more people not bothering with the boosters.

Which would suit them to a tee, would take the heat of Evergrande & Country Garden for a while if the World's economy slumped again.

13 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I took it this year, but that might be the last time that I do.

Overheard one of the nurses say that they are a lot quieter this year than last with more and more people not bothering with the boosters.

👍👍

1 hour ago, That thing you do said:

There's that.

There's also china reassuring it's nothing meaning everyone should assume it's something.

I dont want locked down/wrecked economy either but I also don't want anyone to be complacent if something nastier comes.

I still feel covid was a precursor/test and not just a sloppy accident.

It’s not complacency to carry on with things, rather than shit the bed, just because the flu is going around. 

And anyway, most of the low hanging fruit was got last time. 

Had this damn cough for going on 4 weeks now . Can't shift it at all. Been to the doctor who tells me it's viral and nothing she can give me will do any good. Like others, coughing up some really chewy phlegm. Wife has it as well but hers is worse due to her Asthma. She's on her inhalers constantly. It's also sore not only in my chest but also my ribs with the constant barking.

I have sympathy for everyone who has this

Nucky Thompson

I had a cough in September that lasted around a month.

I just presumed that it was laryngitis as nobody else I knew had it