*** kilmarnock v Heart Of Midlothian - official match thread ***

Selkirkhmfc1874

Sub4TiddlerMurray
41 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

That goal came from Boyce and I'd give it to him. Shanks wouldn't have got his slight deflection without Boyce. Boyce's vision and running in the build up was exceptional. Unfortunately for us, SJ under Levein did for the most part what we thought they'd do and sit back tight and give us little if any room.

This. 

Boyce looked really up for it right from the off. He looked fitter and hungrier than I’ve seen him for a while. Unfortunately he still can’t hit a barn door at the mo.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Sooks

• GinRummy

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

This. 

Boyce looked really up for it right from the off. He looked fitter and hungrier than I’ve seen him for a while. Unfortunately he still can’t hit a barn door at the mo.

He hit a Shankland though which did the required business. 

5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I think Grant and Lowry was worth a try as we knew St Johnstone would sit in. In no rush ti see it repeated. I think Lowry will keep his place but Grant motm in the cup game so maybe not. 

Yeah, bearing in mind it's that aweful pitch, I think Boyce will drop to the bench. S'pose giving Lowry and Grant another run might be on the cards, as I think at home Killie will surely try and win the game, leaving space in behind for maybe Vargas. Both those players can pick a pass but they will need to do better than against St Johnstone. 

1 hour ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

This. 

Chose the wrong option on at least two occasions when finding a team mate would have had us on easy street. He just slows down play far too much now. Obviously hes good at linking play, but for me he just doesn't have the pace required to really hurt teams. Think he's trying too hard as well, if that makes sense and is clearly desperate to get amongst the goals himself. I would use him from the bench personally. A fresh Boyce amongst tired legs for the last 30mins.

15 hours ago, Sooks said:

Looking at the table and weekend fixtures , if we win at Rugby Park , we could find ourselves in a very good position indeed . 

Hopefully a draw for Hibs ( or at worst an Aberdeen win )

Rangers to beat St Mirren

Motherwell to beat Dundee

IMG_4942.jpeg

IMG_4943.jpeg

Fire stick tv way to go Sooks any doubt look at previous posts

They'll be smarting after the LC defeat so I expect an extra bit of spice in the fixture. McInnes will have them fired up so a strong, combative midfield is a must. Oda must start, Forrest is a waste of space. Another hard fought 1-0 win for us.

I predict 0-0.

Mcinness will have them organised and put the boot in.

We need to start performing better, as despite the recent wins the performances have been poor Imo.

Hopefully we can sneak a 1-0 though.

Frankie Kent is due a bullet heading winner against someone.

Would like to see us give young Forrester a game. He may be raw but he's a natural in that position, don't want to see us persist with Forrest at wing back.

It'll be an eye bleeding game, given our style of football this season.

Maybe some football will break out in the 90 min but I think 0-0.

10 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

System doesn’t work imo Forrest isn’t that great, kingley can’t get past him completely nullifying the whole right hand side of tbe team.  

Zander

Toby Kent Rowles Kingsley 

Beni Devlin  

Oda   Lowry Cochrane 

Shanks 

Yeah, our lack of a meaningful 3rd CB option on the right and an actual RWB is frustrating. 

I like Forrests workrate, but I'm very skeptical about his decision making and quality of his final ball. Big thing for me though is that we suit a back 3, Rowles looks a million times more comfortable and Cochrane is in a position he can't be exposed as much in at LWB. 

Its a shame that Toby has proven himself too error prone to be trusted as our RCB in a back 3. His pace and ability to play the ball out of defence should be a huge asset. 

I feel like this will be a massive win if we manage it . Difficult opponent away from home but it would be such a momentum game . Four on the bounce would mean we go in to the game vs Rangers in top form with a genuine chance of getting close to them . Could be so pivotal to our season if we just manage a tremendous effort and add that fourth win

20 hours ago, HopeDiouf said:

will be a good test of where we are at.  3 wins in a row, without playing well.  If we can keep getting results over coming games, which looks like a difficult run starting with this game, I'll be a lot more convinced we are making progress.

We played well in 2 of the 3 games. 

16 hours ago, Carter said:

Grant hid in plain sight for much of the 2nd half on Saturday until he was eventually hooked. That's the type of game he should be looking to take a grip of. He's just nowhere near what we need imo. 

Yep, upgrade required. Certainly won't have been down to not being given a chance. Just hasn't really worked out for him here unfortunately.

18 hours ago, PapaShango said:

I was disappointed with him on Saturday. However I wouldn't be surprised if he starts on Saturday, I think he is one of the few players in the side who likes the artificial surface, he has always been decent down there and at Livi when others have struggled with it. I might be miles off with that but I wouldn't be surprised if he does. He didn't do a lot wrong at the weekend, just never imposed himself enough for me or got involved. I thought Hoff done what Grant should have been when he came on, carrying the ball forward and breaking the lines. 

Yeah you might be right, there's every chance he'll start again. Definitely prefer to see Hof in there instead though. 

We_are_the_Hearts
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I feel like this will be a massive win if we manage it . Difficult opponent away from home but it would be such a momentum game . Four on the bounce would mean we go in to the game vs Rangers in top form with a genuine chance of getting close to them . Could be so pivotal to our season if we just manage a tremendous effort and add that fourth win

Spot on sooks, winning breeds confidence. We are controlling games without setting the heather on fire but can see it coming. Unlike others I thought Motherwell away was a very good performance and could have scored 5 or 6 on another day. 4 league wins on the trot would be the first for a long time?

6 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Spot on sooks, winning breeds confidence. We are controlling games without setting the heather on fire but can see it coming. Unlike others I thought Motherwell away was a very good performance and could have scored 5 or 6 on another day. 4 league wins on the trot would be the first for a long time?

Exactly where I am mate

Sub4TiddlerMurray
10 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

Chose the wrong option on at least two occasions when finding a team mate would have had us on easy street. He just slows down play far too much now. Obviously hes good at linking play, but for me he just doesn't have the pace required to really hurt teams. Think he's trying too hard as well, if that makes sense and is clearly desperate to get amongst the goals himself. I would use him from the bench personally. A fresh Boyce amongst tired legs for the last 30mins.

Personally, I thought he made the difference on Saturday. His movement and hunger to win unsettled SJ

Sub4TiddlerMurray
11 hours ago, davemclaren said:

He hit a Shankland though which did the required business. 

If he keeps doing that then we’ll be happy and Shanks’s value will keep going up 😁

15 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

This. 

Yeah, he's not perfect. Though, if all his wee flicks came off and he scored more often, he probably wouldn't be here. We're worse off without him, IMHO.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Repetition of first half of cup tie will do. Important game for us this, interestingly Killie fans unhappy he is only playing with one up top, they have missed Vassell in recent weeks, but guess what, he is fit again!

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Repetition of first half of cup tie will do. Important game for us this, interestingly Killie fans unhappy he is only playing with one up top, they have missed Vassell in recent weeks, but guess what, he is fit again!

Typical. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Yeah, he's not perfect. Though, if all his wee flicks came off and he scored more often, he probably wouldn't be here. We're worse off without him, IMHO.

We were much better off without him last season but we had Ginelly.  Boyce is a big downgrade on Ginelly unfortunately.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

David Dickinson the referee.   Randomly awful.   Which side will benefit I don't know.   So I'll just go for a... 

threepio.png.7dcd1b108b06db70562eb6a008259096.png

Collum has Rangers game, Euan Anderson on VAR

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Collum has Rangers game, Euan Anderson on VAR

Collum for Rangers game next Wednesday

Dickinson refs us for the 3rd time this season. The other games:

Hearts 0 Kilmarnock 0 (booked 4 of them and Devlin, Atkinson and Shankland)

Ross County 0 Hearts 1 (booked 3 of them and Offiah and Halliday neither of whom will play on Saturday)

He's also taken charge of both Killie's games against Hibs (2-2 and 0-1).

Some added motivation. With St Mirren's loss tonight a win on Saturday puts us clear in 3rd. They go to Ibrox on Sunday.

pettigrewsstylist

Think we need 2 to win this at least.

Forrest not strong enough for this Killie team, brushed off ball far too easily. Potential impact sub only.

Tempo of Boyce up top with Shankland will play into their hands i suspect. Pace to peg them back please.

Midfielders getting caught in possession in dangerous areas, whilst looking for options, is a concern, as i reckon they will work socks off to close options off. 

Oda for me, but cant see how that works in a back 3 from start. Suspect we will see Forrest till Natty fit.

All change if we go 4 at back of course.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** kilmarnock v Heart Of Midlothian - official match thread ***
42 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Some added motivation. With St Mirren's loss tonight a win on Saturday puts us clear in 3rd. They go to Ibrox on Sunday.

3rd with a game in hand assuming they lose at Ibrox.

Diadora Van Basten

Dickinson was the ref who sent off Haring v St Mirren that was later downgraded to a yellow.

It is very unusual for us to get Collum v Rangers it’s usually Beaton or Walsh and Collum v Celtic and Hibs.

Is it possible to pay at the gate at Kilmarnock?  Weather forecast looks pretty chilly for the weekend and other plans also uncertain just now!

Hearts’ website information is very limited; it only offers purchase via e-tickets, and presumably posting out, or purchase at the ticket office.  Latter ruled out by my distance from there.

Apologies if I’ve missed this earlier in this thread or elsewhere.

8 hours ago, Devorgilla said:

Is it possible to pay at the gate at Kilmarnock?  Weather forecast looks pretty chilly for the weekend and other plans also uncertain just now!

Hearts’ website information is very limited; it only offers purchase via e-tickets, and presumably posting out, or purchase at the ticket office.  Latter ruled out by my distance from there.

Apologies if I’ve missed this earlier in this thread or elsewhere.

I was going to purchase Etickets for the boy and I on the website as I'm only 20 mins away from rugby park but I haven't been in years so I'm not sure which stand is best to go for etc. Was hoping someone on here with more experience would be able to give advice.

8 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I was going to purchase Etickets for the boy and I on the website as I'm only 20 mins away from rugby park but I haven't been in years so I'm not sure which stand is best to go for etc. Was hoping someone on here with more experience would be able to give advice.

Was there for the 1/4 final and all fans were in the Chadwick stand, that’s where my tickets are for Saturday. Hope that helps 

17 minutes ago, gussyboy said:

Was there for the 1/4 final and all fans were in the Chadwick stand, that’s where my tickets are for Saturday. Hope that helps 

Thank you

15 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

With a game in hand as well.

On 28/11/2023 at 08:09, Sooks said:

Forget getting close to rangers.  The gfa will.ensure we dont

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Forget getting close to rangers.  The gfa will.ensure we dont

I'll accept 1-0 this time Sherbet you wise old thing

33 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

The weird thing is if we had held on at Ibrox we would be 2 points behind them!

If we had!!  But the gfa intervened

2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Really critical game, we need a win so that we can go up to pittodrie on a 5 game win streak.

I see what you did there . Every chance we would be in the hunt for second at that stage if so :lol: