No penalty awards against the rangers at ibrox

noskillson

4 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We got one against them via VAR a couple of weeks ago.  None in the league though I believe.   

I edited the post shortly after it as I remembered that one :lol:

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

But zero physical violence or any damage to his home. It's not exactly unusual for idiots to send death threats from the safety of an anonymous online account. It happens all over the world, not just Glasgow. 

Shooter McGavin
11 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

But zero physical violence or any damage to his home. It's not exactly unusual for idiots to send death threats from the safety of an anonymous online account. It happens all over the world, not just Glasgow. 

I never claimed there had been physical violence or damage, that’s a tangent you’re going down.

I’m talking about putting themselves and their families at risk (my exact words in-fact). I think death threats is certainly an example of that.

Had a wee glance for death threats to referees in Scottish Football, found another article involving the old firm: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/celtic/8088533/Rookie-referee-Willie-Collum-receives-death-threats-after-Old-Firm-game.html

Have yet to find an example involving teams outwith Glasgow.

Of-course it happens all over the world, but we’re specifically talking about Scottish Football here, unless you want to go down another tangent of-course.

Edited by Shooter McGavin

10 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

You'll need to show me where I said that? 

In your own time.👍

Rhetorical old fruit rhetorical.

24 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I never claimed there had been physical violence or damage, that’s a tangent you’re going down.

I’m talking about putting themselves and their families at risk (my exact words in-fact). I think death threats is certainly an example of that.

Had a wee glance for death threats to referees in Scottish Football, found another article involving the old firm: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/celtic/8088533/Rookie-referee-Willie-Collum-receives-death-threats-after-Old-Firm-game.html

Of-course it happens all over the world, but we’re specifically talking about Scottish Football here, unless you want to go down another tangent of-course.

Right, so how do they go about refereeing Old Firm games without giving any contentious decisions? They're going to piss off about 50% of Glasgow? They've been refereeing these games for 150 years, so they must have made a helluva lot of fans angry (from both sides) in that time, and yet you're telling us they are scared to give decisions against the Old Firm for fear of reprisals on their families? 

26 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Rhetorical old fruit rhetorical.

I, at no point, said it was acceptable, or even hinted at it being acceptable. 

32 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

You didn't look very hard. It took me about three seconds to find it happening elsewhere. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/08/referee-mike-dean-reports-death-threats-to-police-and-asks-for-weekend-off

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

You didn't look very hard. It took me about three seconds to find it happening elsewhere. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/08/referee-mike-dean-reports-death-threats-to-police-and-asks-for-weekend-off

Read my last paragraph again.

Enjoy your night, mate.

9 hours ago, OTT said:

I'll tell you why:

Referees are promoted into the top flight almost exclusively from the West Coast - Ayrshire, Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire & Glasgow. Pick any top flight referee and they will fall into one of those 4 local associations. 

I think this has allowed a "West is Best" culture to develop within the refereeing body, and mistakes aren't taken seriously unless they are against Rangers or Celtic. Further, I think that by recruiting referees from areas dominated by OF fans, they are creating a heavy degree of unconcious bias - I would bet vital organs that every referee has a flash of the abuse they will recieve if they give the decision against the OF club and they're wrong, or its in any way debatable. Would you want to be abused going to the shops with your family for example? I'm certain there have been instances of windows being bricked and death threats. 

Rangers having not conceded a penalty at Ibrox in the league in over 2 years is a symptom of the biased culture which exists in Scottish football. You can even look at the Boyce penalty claim - karate kicked in the chest, ref 10 yards (if that) away, no pen. Review on VAR, sent to the screen - still no pen. Rangers v Livi, McCausland makes a meal out of a horrific dive, referee buys it hook line and sinker, VAR doesn't even check and there hasn't been any retrospective action for his dive. Or Willie Collum on VAR using his position to reverse Walsh's correct decision to book Cochrane for his foul on Maeda. Its all about Rangers and Celtic and **** the rest of us. Don't upset the Glasgow duoply. 

Referees in this country are scum. Cheating, cowardly scum that I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. All we've ever asked for is impartial referees, and get one ****ing season ticket holder after another. Its a disgrace and our boards silence on trying to fix this is embarrassing. 

Well played :clap:

Shooter McGavin
17 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Ah, after the edit. 

You enjoy your night too.

That last paragraph was always there, you can see it in your reply :smile:

gorgie rd eh11

I used to think it was crowd and media pressure that influenced officials into favouring the old firm. Then Davis, Brines, McDonald etc came along and I realised it was cheating.

On 23/11/2023 at 22:06, gorgie rd eh11 said:

I used to think it was crowd and media pressure that influenced officials into favouring the old firm. Then Davis, Brines, McDonald etc came along and I realised it was cheating.

this VAR has made things worse---- it allows retrospective cheating

Referees have been biased in the Scottish game for as long as I can remember imo, most of them just simply through where they are born, must support either half of the old firm, just like surprise, surprise the majority of Scotland.

They might as well just wear green or blue jerseys when officiating matches tbh.

It annoys me when people say they are just useless, despite the evidence every week where Rangers and Celtic get every favorable decision under the sun.

I think Romanov called it bang on referring to the set up here as a circus act and the scottish media as monkeys.

He might have been mad, but he was Spot on with that one imo.

On 23/11/2023 at 18:59, Sir PH said:

:D because that wouldn't leave a lasting imprint on him about the dangers of crossing the OF. 

Jesus christ man. It just deepens the point that we need referees from outside of the west. 

41 minutes ago, OTT said:

:D because that wouldn't leave a lasting imprint on him about the dangers of crossing the OF. 

Jesus christ man. It just deepens the point that we need referees from outside of the west. 

We absolutely do. Hearts (and other clubs) should be making a noise about why the refs all come from the west of Scotland. Because until we do, nothing will change. 

56 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

We absolutely do. Hearts (and other clubs) should be making a noise about why the refs all come from the west of Scotland. Because until we do, nothing will change. 

The west of Scotland is too wide a description.  It is the immediate Glasgow area!

When we play Rangers at Tynie they wheel (in the team bus?) through such refs as Don Robertson, Nick Walsh, John Beaton etc while wee Wiilie often features in games as the perpetual victims..

There are no top refs from Edinburgh, Perth, Fife, Aberdeen or Dundee and that has been the case for years.  Why?

Alex MacDonald

They’re no longer trying to be cute and subtle about their rigged system. 74 out of the last 75 league and cup games between Hearts and Rangers/Celtic, have been refereed by Glasgow area officials. The only exception was Calum Murray, who took charge of the 2-2 draw with Rangers at Tynecastle at the end of our 2014/15 Championship winning season, a game where there was no chance of Rangers benefiting from dodgy decisions. Would either of the toxic twins accept having Aberdeen or Edinburgh refs constantly being in charge of their games against Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen? Of course not. It’s up to Hearts, and all the other clubs, to highlight this gross and blatant corruption to the SFA, and for supporters of the clubs to put pressure on their boards/owners to to do. All supporters are entitled to is a level playing field, but that hasn’t been the case in Scotland in the 50 or so years I’ve been supporting Hearts. Just because it’s always existed, doesn’t mean we should accept it.

36 minutes ago, Alex MacDonald said:

They’re no longer trying to be cute and subtle about their rigged system. 74 out of the last 75 league and cup games between Hearts and Rangers/Celtic, have been refereed by Glasgow area officials. The only exception was Calum Murray, who took charge of the 2-2 draw with Rangers at Tynecastle at the end of our 2014/15 Championship winning season, a game where there was no chance of Rangers benefiting from dodgy decisions. Would either of the toxic twins accept having Aberdeen or Edinburgh refs constantly being in charge of their games against Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen? Of course not. It’s up to Hearts, and all the other clubs, to highlight this gross and blatant corruption to the SFA, and for supporters of the clubs to put pressure on their boards/owners to to do. All supporters are entitled to is a level playing field, but that hasn’t been the case in Scotland in the 50 or so years I’ve been supporting Hearts. Just because it’s always existed, doesn’t mean we should accept it.

74 out of 75!!?  Wow! Just wow!

Something just occured and it may or may not be relevant.  Would love to see a breakdown of Scottish professional PLAYERS and where they're from.

So if the West areas are providing 95% of the top talent in both players and refs, then there's an imbalance and we need to be getting better at grass roots around the country.  Still shows a west coast bias, but it's more a resource and local focus thing, right?

Whereas if there is a spread per population across players, but not across refs, it shows something else.  It shows blatant and systematic bias on the officiating by hand selecting from one region.

Is there anything in this as an analysis?

But if it's only the re

5 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

A tad ironic, considering Celtic have had more penalties than Rangers this season.

Who cares. Oh yes you do.

Which you stuck up for Hearts as much as you do for Sevco.

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Who cares. Oh yes you do.

Which you stuck up for Hearts as much as you do for Sevco.

As boring and predictable as ever.

16 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Primary school retort. Well done. 

Hahaha. Tell me where your fringe venue is next August.....so as I know where to avoid the boring Bluenose.

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Hahaha. Tell me where your fringe venue is next August.....so as I know where to avoid the boring Bluenose.

#bantz

McCoist rages about penalty decision.

:seething:

McCoist, commentating on the game for TNT, added: "That is absolutely never a penalty. If we're giving a penalty for that, then it is a disgrace."

For PSG.