No penalty awards against the rangers at ibrox

noskillson

6 minutes ago, noskillson said:

How is this possible  and for so long?

There must be examples of denied penalties or do they just never happen... I'm just baffled

How long? 

5 minutes ago, noskillson said:

According to a newspaper headline I saw.... Not since John Greg was playing..... And I remember meeting him as a player 50years ago

Unless he was playing in January 2022 I think that's wrong. 

14 minutes ago, noskillson said:

According to a newspaper headline I saw.... Not since John Greg was playing..... And I remember meeting him as a player 50years ago

That was tongue in cheek....

26 minutes ago, noskillson said:

There must be examples of denied penalties or do they just never happen... I'm just baffled

I'll tell you why:

Referees are promoted into the top flight almost exclusively from the West Coast - Ayrshire, Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire & Glasgow. Pick any top flight referee and they will fall into one of those 4 local associations. 

I think this has allowed a "West is Best" culture to develop within the refereeing body, and mistakes aren't taken seriously unless they are against Rangers or Celtic. Further, I think that by recruiting referees from areas dominated by OF fans, they are creating a heavy degree of unconcious bias - I would bet vital organs that every referee has a flash of the abuse they will recieve if they give the decision against the OF club and they're wrong, or its in any way debatable. Would you want to be abused going to the shops with your family for example? I'm certain there have been instances of windows being bricked and death threats. 

Rangers having not conceded a penalty at Ibrox in the league in over 2 years is a symptom of the biased culture which exists in Scottish football. You can even look at the Boyce penalty claim - karate kicked in the chest, ref 10 yards (if that) away, no pen. Review on VAR, sent to the screen - still no pen. Rangers v Livi, McCausland makes a meal out of a horrific dive, referee buys it hook line and sinker, VAR doesn't even check and there hasn't been any retrospective action for his dive. Or Willie Collum on VAR using his position to reverse Walsh's correct decision to book Cochrane for his foul on Maeda. Its all about Rangers and Celtic and **** the rest of us. Don't upset the Glasgow duoply. 

Referees in this country are scum. Cheating, cowardly scum that I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. All we've ever asked for is impartial referees, and get one ****ing season ticket holder after another. Its a disgrace and our boards silence on trying to fix this is embarrassing. 

Edited by OTT

12 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'll tell you why:

Referees are promoted into the top flight almost exclusively from the West Coast - Ayrshire, Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire & Glasgow. Pick any top flight referee and they will fall into one of those 4 local associations. 

I think this has allowed a "West is Best" culture to develop within the refereeing body, and mistakes aren't taken seriously unless they are against Rangers or Celtic. Further, I think that by recruiting referees from areas dominated by OF fans, they are creating a heavy degree of unconcious bias - I would bet vital organs that every referee has a flash of the abuse they will recieve if they give the decision against the OF club and they're wrong, or its in any way debatable. Would you want to be abused going to the shops with your family for example? I'm certain there have been instances of windows being bricked and death threats. 

Rangers having not conceded a penalty at Ibrox in the league in over 2 years is a symptom of the biased culture which exists in Scottish football. You can even look at the Boyce penalty claim - karate kicked in the chest, ref 10 yards (if that) away, no pen. Review on VAR, sent to the screen - still no pen. Rangers v Livi, McCausland makes a meal out of a horrific dive, referee buys it hook line and sinker, VAR doesn't even check and there hasn't been any retrospective action for his dive. Or Willie Collum on VAR using his position to reverse Walsh's correct decision to book Cochrane for his foul on Maeda. Its all about Rangers and Celtic and **** the rest of us. Don't upset the Glasgow duoply. 

Referees in this country are scum. Cheating, cowardly scum that I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. All we've ever asked for is impartial referees, and get one ****ing season ticket holder after another. Its a disgrace and our boards silence on trying to fix this is embarrassing. 

close the thread

19 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'll tell you why:

pretty much. the bit in bold is key.

those who run the game in scotland could solve a lot of accusations and conspiracies by appointing neutral referees (this would need refs who live abroad - the knuckle draggers panning windows in wouldn't be able to afford the plan fare to carry out such acts abroad).

Go for it 1308
29 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'll tell you why:

I wish to ****,  you'd stop sitting on the fence🙂

It's completely rigged.

Celtic and Rangers have a huge budget compared to the rest, they don't need the referee to give them every decision as well.

48 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'll tell you why:

Perfect. 

I have friends and former colleagues from the time I worked with a Bedroom furniture fitting company back in the day, when any of them were fitting in central Scotland I would get a ticket for them at Tynecastle, they would all laugh at the comedy capers of our referees. One guy from Middlesbrough, said to me at a match against the sheep, “ our referees are bad , but yours are a parody of bad referees “ :lol: he still  mentions it occasionally.

1 hour ago, noskillson said:

Jesus wept.  

How can you seemingly read that headline and even start to believe that to be true?

17 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Jesus wept.  

How can you seemingly read that headline and even start to believe that to be true?

Peter Lawwell said it (tongue in cheek) at the Celtic AGM on Tuesday. Folk see the headline, and, unbelievably, believe it to be the truth. 

kingantti1874

🤣 that was a joke made at the Celtic AGM mate 

This has been the case since the 1960s.....and probably for decades prior to that !!

Maybe as part of an answer/explanation - Bob Crampsey wrote a book where he stated that many referees after retiring could drink the rest of their days for free by going to certain Rangers pubs where they were always welcomed with open arms and free booze.....says it all really ! Has much changed ? (maybe more stealth now ?) 

4 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Peter Lawwell said it (tongue in cheek) at the Celtic AGM on Tuesday. Folk see the headline, and, unbelievably, believe it to be the truth. 

Lawwell playing the victim card in front of his shareholders.   Another "rousing speech"  which no doubt got rapturous applause.   

The whole OF ref thing can’t go away. It’s here until such time as it gets exposed. 

The reason it can’t go away is both sides involved ie the OF and the officials are as culpable as each other.

The OF expect and know they are getting preferential treatment and the officials won’t stop giving preferential treatment because they know the OF are expecting it!! It’s a twisted mess of a situation.

Take Kyogo when he arrived. He was obviously told he could get away with diving as the refs would favour him. Some of his antics when first here were completely theatrical. Someone pulled him to one side and said “I know we said you could dive son however don’t make it quite so obvious!!”

It would take a full on investigation from the likes of “Despatches” to delve deep into it. I can imagine what they would find. A twisted relationship based on fear and influence. One side blaming the other. 

It’s gone in so long neither side knows how to break the relationship so it simply carries on. Status Quo has been reached.

Edited by Vlad Magic
Spelling

The biggest concern is that since the introduction of VAR they have never conceded a penalty. Only club that hasn't. 

Edited by 151
In the league.

Shooter McGavin

Cause referees are well aware if they give a decision against Celtic or Rangers, it puts themselves and their families at risk.

They’re a different breed in Glasgow.

The reason it is Rangers more than Celtic recently , is because Celtic are a much better team than Rangers . This keeps the “ title race “ look less farcical 

18 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Cause referees are well aware if they give a decision against Celtic or Rangers, it puts themselves and their families at risk.

Dramatic nonsense. It's not Belgrade or Buenos Aires. The only time a referee has came under attack was Hugh Dallas in an Old Firm game at Celtic Park, when he was pelted with coins during the game and had his windows smashed at night. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, noskillson said:

I remember Alan McGregor rugby tackling someone to the ground in the box in his last season, blatant stonewall penalty but play on says the ref! 

Fozzyonthefence
51 minutes ago, 151 said:

The biggest concern is that since the introduction of VAR they have never conceded a penalty. Only club that hasn't. 

We got one against them via VAR a couple of weeks ago.  None in the league though I believe.   

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, noskillson said:

Looks like he went to the same shakey paw club as Tiny Wharton.  So, what minute do you want your penalty in today John?

IMG_0860.jpeg

brunoatemyhamster

Livinston at Ibrox September 2019 was the last time they lost a penalty at home in the league. 

Dykes got sent off for Livingston at 2 1. 

It was a whole year previous that St Johnstone got a charity one in a 4 1 grubbing I think.

When one was awarded that might have mattered? 

God knows! 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Why is this never thrown on to Sky Sports News, well they wouldnt want to offend subscribers either would they.

You can now guarantee that Aberdeen get one on Sunday that helps them stay in touch, which of course we wouldn't want :)

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

which is exactly why we need to take the bulk of refereeing out of the West. 

Parity in who is refereeing allows for refs from well outside of the West to be drafted in and ensures much less pressure to just capitulate to giving the OF everything, actual impartiality. 

Our boards silence is utterly defening. It needs to be challenged. 

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Looks like he went to the same shakey paw club as Tiny Wharton.  So, what minute do you want your penalty in today John?

IMG_0860.jpeg

A friend of mine from Glasgow told me his father asked Wharton who was going to win the match he was refereeing? His response was “oh the Rangers “    Guess who was one side in the match he was refereeing? 🤔

I never found out who the unfortunate other side was.😏

Edited by jamboozy

I was astounded when I read this dossia !!!

PENALTY TO RANGERS (part 2) Since our penalties post from yesterday is doing a bit of traction - we thought we’d break it down a bit more
⚽️- Rangers are currently on a British record run of 67 games without conceding a penalty in the league
⚽️- the world top flight record is 74 held by Barcelona in the 2011/12 - 2012/13 seasons (which is currently under investigation by Spanish FA)
⚽️- Barca averaged 80% possession during that time (Rangers averaged 58% during their run)
⚽️ - before the current 67 game run, Rangers went 44 league games without conceding a penalty
⚽️ - so they have only conceded 1 penalty in their last 112 league games
⚽️- Since August 2020 they have the highest penalty differential in Europe’s top 20 leagues, ie pens for minus pens against (as shown in the graph below)
⚽️ - Since the 20/21 season they have conceded a penalty on average every 42 league games (Celtic every 9 games)
⚽️- from 2018/19 season they have a penalty differential of +43 ( Celtic are +15 for the same period)
⚽️ - since 2018/19 Rangers have been awarded 52 penalties and conceded 9 (Celtic have had 39 and conceded 24)
⚽️ - Since last season (when VAR arrived in Scotland) Rangers have had 16 penalties in the league with 0 against (Celtic have had 12 with 7 against)
⚽️ - They are only team in a league with VAR that has never conceded a penalty since the technology was brought in anywhere in the world
⚽️ - If Rangers don’t concede a league penalty before the end of this year (8 games) then they will have set a new world record
⚽️ - James Tavernier is now in the top 10 for the most penalties scored of all time
⚽️ - out of everyone on the list the Rangers captain has the highest percentage of goals from penalties
Top 10 penalty takers and % of goals that are penalties (via TransferMrkt)
C. Ronaldo 157 (18%)
Messi 109 (14%)
Totti 86 (27%)
Ibrahimovic 85 (15%)
Del Piero 77 (22%)
Shearer 72 (18%)
Ronaldinho 70 (30%)
Cavani 61 (14%)
Lampard 60 (20%)
Tavernier 58 (48%)
All reactions:

Brick Tamland
5 hours ago, OTT said:

I'll tell you why:

Great post.

46 minutes ago, goader said:
I was astounded when I read this dossia !!!

PENALTY TO RANGERS (part 2) Since our penalties post from yesterday is doing a bit of traction - we thought we’d break it down a bit more
⚽️- Rangers are currently on a British record run of 67 games without conceding a penalty in the league
⚽️- the world top flight record is 74 held by Barcelona in the 2011/12 - 2012/13 seasons (which is currently under investigation by Spanish FA)
⚽️- Barca averaged 80% possession during that time (Rangers averaged 58% during their run)
⚽️ - before the current 67 game run, Rangers went 44 league games without conceding a penalty
⚽️ - so they have only conceded 1 penalty in their last 112 league games
⚽️- Since August 2020 they have the highest penalty differential in Europe’s top 20 leagues, ie pens for minus pens against (as shown in the graph below)
⚽️ - Since the 20/21 season they have conceded a penalty on average every 42 league games (Celtic every 9 games)
⚽️- from 2018/19 season they have a penalty differential of +43 ( Celtic are +15 for the same period)
⚽️ - since 2018/19 Rangers have been awarded 52 penalties and conceded 9 (Celtic have had 39 and conceded 24)
⚽️ - Since last season (when VAR arrived in Scotland) Rangers have had 16 penalties in the league with 0 against (Celtic have had 12 with 7 against)
⚽️ - They are only team in a league with VAR that has never conceded a penalty since the technology was brought in anywhere in the world
⚽️ - If Rangers don’t concede a league penalty before the end of this year (8 games) then they will have set a new world record
⚽️ - James Tavernier is now in the top 10 for the most penalties scored of all time
⚽️ - out of everyone on the list the Rangers captain has the highest percentage of goals from penalties
Top 10 penalty takers and % of goals that are penalties (via TransferMrkt)
C. Ronaldo 157 (18%)
Messi 109 (14%)
Totti 86 (27%)
Ibrahimovic 85 (15%)
Del Piero 77 (22%)
Shearer 72 (18%)
Ronaldinho 70 (30%)
Cavani 61 (14%)
Lampard 60 (20%)
Tavernier 58 (48%)
It's beyond a joke now isn't it. 

Anybody out there, or on here, who thinks Scottish Football isn't fixed needs their head examined.

3 hours ago, busbyfth said:

Maybe as part of an answer/explanation - Bob Crampsey wrote a book where he stated that many referees after retiring could drink the rest of their days for free by going to certain Rangers pubs where they were always welcomed with open arms and free booze.....says it all really ! Has much changed ? (maybe more stealth now ?) 

I don't think they need to wait for retirement now...

Preston Jambo

There was a piece in a newspaper, possibly the Scotsman, a few years ago discussing a referee from the 1950s who, upon retiring, began delivering after-dinner speeches at Orange Lodges. His proud claim was that during his officiating tenure, Rangers never had a penalty awarded against them in any match he refereed.

The article then recounted a Rangers versus Queen Of The South game he officiated. In the late stages, with Queen Of The South leading 1-0 and no sign of Rangers equalizing, the referee much to the surprise of everyone, including the Rangers players awarded two penalties to Rangers in quick succession. This decision left everyone, including the Rangers players, astonished, as there was obviously no foul in either case.

Spitonastranger
5 hours ago, OTT said:

I'll tell you why:

👋👍straight to the point, the thing is most  of the time they are far better than the teams they are playing, but they can't help themselves. The fact the media stays silent speaks volumes 

Shooter McGavin
3 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Dramatic nonsense. It's not Belgrade or Buenos Aires. The only time a referee has came under attack was Hugh Dallas in an Old Firm game at Celtic Park, when he was pelted with coins during the game and had his windows smashed at night. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/old-firm-referee-kevin-clancy-celtic-rangers-b2317636.html

Corstorphine Jambo

Albeit it was the League Cup against Morton, Rangers did have a penalty awarded against them at Ibrox this season. And I’m sure it will come as no surprise that 7 minutes later, with them 0-1 down, Rangers were then awarded a penalty of their own!

You couldn’t make up their penalty stats - but then, you don’t have to!

Bazzas right boot

2 years without a pk against and with VAR in place  is strange.

The trumpet in charge of VAR seem to look for reasons to give penalties away.

4 hours ago, Sir PH said:

That's alright then.

7 hours ago, noskillson said:

That was a "joke" at celtic AGM