• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• jamboozy

• Thunder and Lightning

• innerjambo

He was a brilliant winger, amazed he just kept going too, 39!!!

I'm glad he got to see out his career winning silverware. His treatment in Scotland was a ****ing disgrace. From Davisgate to the reaction from the media after the Scotland game. 

I hope the club invites him back at some point, it would be great to see a wee throw back evening to the Vlad years.

Happy retirement Miko!! :) 

@rubyruby thought I'd tag you to share some memories of one of our favourite Liths. My favourite goals were against hibs in a 3-0 at Tynie and a 1-2 loss to celtic.

Edited by Marvin

The Old Tolbooth

Loved Miko, cracking wee player and we could do with someone like him in our team now! Enjoy your retirement pal, but you won't be looking back on Scotland with fond memories after the disgusting way you were treated here by our media. 

All the best wee man :thumbsup:

Loved him , played with so much passion .

Strange looking back and at one point he became what was a weak link, could walk into our squad now.

Enjoy your retirement.

2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Loved Miko, cracking wee player and we could do with someone like him in our team now! Enjoy your retirement pal, but you won't be looking back on Scotland with fond memories after the disgusting way you were treated here by our media. 

All the best wee man :thumbsup:

This.

The Glasgow media really is an embarrassment to Scotland. If anything, its gotten worse since that period.

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Richard Gordon exposing himself as a racist twat over Miko was a crowning achievement. Cup winning legend.

This, all day long, the BBC Scotland sports staff were tripping over their hatred of all things Hearts due to Vlad calling them out. When they had their chance to rip into someone, then Miko got all the bile they could muster thrown at him.

I have never been able to listen to ‘ Dick’ since then without cringing.

50 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

His winner v Hibs in the 3-2 was magical 

One of my favourite derbies that one. Great game. 

Still mind Whittaker(?)'s effort smashing both posts and coming back out. Would've made it 3-3. 

Possibly the last quality competitive Derby I remember. Since then all the good ones have been one-sided pump fests. 

One of my heroes growing up, very very fond memories of his time with us. On his day he was genuinely unplayable. Happy retirement!

44 minutes ago, Marvin said:

@rubyruby thought I'd tag you to share some memories of one of our favourite Liths. My favourite goals were against hibs in a 3-0 at Tynie and a 1-2 loss to celtic.

Thank u.I loved miko,his treatment was disgusting. The SFA go on about how they don't tolerate racist,sectarian language but yet allowed him to be targeted with vile abuse at every ground he went to,something he put up with for nearly 2 years after the Scotland game,a game that also had a Scotland player dive,a game we won in the end anyway.Im glad he has done so well since then.A cup winner and a hater of the hibees.Hope he visits us soon,took Chesney long enough. 

Gillsland jack

All the best in your retirement Miko, hope to see you and a few other of the Lithuanian boy's on the pitch at Half-time, maybe doing the half-time draw, it was a roller coaster time but I loved the way you all collectively drove the Weegie media nuts🤣

He was decent for us and has had a good career, wasn’t he a boo boy for a section of the support for a good while? Seem to remember something about folk thinking he was a trouble maker in the dressing room 🤷🏽‍♂️.

I liked him so happy retirement Miko.

The difference he made when he came in was glaring . We had a decent team under Robertson but it had a few weaknesses . Miko and Cesny were standouts 

Bungalow Bill

You couldn’t dislike Miko, always put the effort in. 

I remember in the LC semi against Motherwell, he went down like he’d been shot and SPH just grabbed him and pulled him to his feet 😂

Francis Albert

Good luck Miko in retirement and thanks for the memories.

It has to be said that a section of the Hearts support did not warm to the "Liths". Miko and Cesny got a fair amount of abuse. I even remember after Zaliukas scored twice at Easter Road to give us a 2-2 draw a complaint on here that he did not do anything else in the game! 

Not all the Lithuanians were a success. Was it Gordon who referred to them as "faceless cast of a thousand" or something like that. But there were quite a few gems ... more than our current recruitment team have unearthed to date.

From the moment Robbo brought him on for his first appearance away to Livingston that midweek game. You knew the kid had something about him. 

He was direct, had pace, had fight, could also play with both feet. 

Mikoliunas 23. Can look back at fond memories with Heart of Midlothian F.C. 

Scottish Cup winner and champions league goal scorer. 

14 minutes ago, Bauld said:

He would absolutely destroy this league if we had him in his prime now. 

Yep.  He always looked to drive or pass forward when he got the ball.  I would never have recognised him from that photo though - he's no longer a rosy-cheeked wee cherub.😉   

Nice to know he's won several accolades back home, and the  outrageous Scottish media vilification  hasn't affected his footballing ability.

17 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

You couldn’t dislike Miko, always put the effort in. 

I remember in the LC semi against Motherwell, he went down like he’d been shot and SPH just grabbed him and pulled him to his feet 😂

Lots of Hearts fans did dislike him . Similar to how many dislike current Hearts players and try and talk them down . Hartley got the same treatment from some and before them Flogel . Since then there have been too many to mention like Suso and most recently Atkinson and Vargas 

If we signed 22 year old Miko today , he would be called a project and every poor pass or shirked tackle pounced upon while ignoring everything good that he does 

Edited by Sooks

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Good luck Miko in retirement and thanks for the memories.

It has to be said that a section of the Hearts support did not warm to the "Liths". Miko and Cesny got a fair amount of abuse. I even remember after Zaliukas scored twice at Easter Road to give us a 2-2 draw a complaint on here that he did not do anything else in the game! 

Not all the Lithuanians were a success. Was it Gordon who referred to them as "faceless cast of a thousand" or something like that. But there were quite a few gems ... more than our current recruitment team have unearthed to date.

It was Keith Jackson . He was referring to Iceland Captain Eggert Jonsson at the time 

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It was Keith Jackson . He was referring to Iceland Captain Eggert Jonsson at the time 

To further underline the stupidity of Jackson's comment, Jonsson had been at Hearts from well before Romanov bought us.

3 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

To further underline the stupidity of Jackson's comment, Jonsson had been at Hearts from well before Romanov bought us.

We would run out of ink very quickly if we tried to underline that particular fannys stupidity 

2 hours ago, jamboozy said:

This, all day long, the BBC Scotland sports staff were tripping over their hatred of all things Hearts due to Vlad calling them out. When they had their chance to rip into someone, then Miko got all the bile they could muster thrown at him.

I have never been able to listen to ‘ Dick’ since then without cringing.

Aye he is well named " Dick".....😁

3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Richard Gordon exposing himself as a racist twat over Miko was a crowning achievement. Cup winning legend.

I think you could then add a lists of journalists, too.

then nearly every referee treated him with contempt.

the treatment was disgraceful

I was a huge fan of Miko's.

He did become the target of the boo boys for a while, and I had a few arguments in the stands off the back of that.

Wish him all the best in his retirement from playing football, and would love to see him return as a guest of Hearts.

Quite emotional thinking back to that era for a number of personal reasons, and Miko is one of the players synonymous with that time. 

Really fond memories of him playing for us. A very very good player. A Hearts hero for barging that cheat Davis off the park. Later abused in the media by certain people, for allegedly diving in a match vs Scotland in which at least one Scotland player also allegedly dived. Utter hypocrisy from Scottish media.

Wishing Miko all the best in his life. I hope to see him at Tynecastle again one day. 

Scored some cracking goals for Hearts.Never really understood the hate for the guy from our own fans and there was plenty of it no point glossing over it now

Edited by vegas-voss

ToadKiller Dog

A very good player for us ,might have looked like noddy but was a lot tougher than that .

So much crap he had to put up with ,refs after Davisgate ,xenophobia after Richard Gordon (Murdo Mcleod had to  to tell Gordon to calm down ,that's how far Gordon went  ).Have never forgiven Gordon for that he should have apologised. 

Some of our own fans I guess saw for a time  attacking him as a way to make a point to vlad ,but I think most rallyed round him .

All the best for him in the future ,hope he visits a game some point ,need to get more former players out at half time from that era .

15 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Scored some cracking goals for Hearts.Never really understood the hate for the guy from our own fans and there was plenty of it no point glossing over it now

Because some fans want to be the guy that was first to see a good and popular player is not as good as everyone thinks . They think it makes them look like they are more knowledgeable than the fans who are enjoying supporting said player 

For more info check out the Baningime and Hoff threads 

Edited by Sooks

The way the Hearts Lithuanian players were treated in the media back then was nothing short of racist.

There is no way the media would get away with that now.

I remember an article written about Jankauskas accusing him of all sorts. Had things in it about him diving whilst playing for Lithuania in a game where he wasn't even on the park at the time and also him getting sent off for diving at Easter Road when his first booking was for persistent fouling and his second booking was for a push on Scott Brown.

A great wee player for us. Typical winger who ran hot and cold, but on his day he was untouchable.

Hounded out of Scotland by the disgusting media here.

Go for it 1308
4 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

This

6 minutes ago, edramone said:

I was a fan. I seem to recall he got a lot of stick from some Jambos.

The ones who read the Sun , The Record and listened to Real Radio , yes he did