Our Captain ( merged )

alicante jambo

4 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

you can’t be serious, Kelly had an absolute mare in the first half against France, shipping 3. Zander looked a much safer pair of gloves in the second half.

This.

Neither are good enough to be regulars for Scotland and Clark makes mistakes, but he's a far better goalie than Kelly. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Pasquale for King

• Luckies1874

• OTT

20 hours ago, Sooks said:

Jeez man I started at 16 and I thought that was a bit too young 

You should've attended Porty High.

By 16 years auld, I mean young, you'd have been a veteran at The Sheep Heid Inn.

A conglomoration of teachers & pupils scooping up ...

... but that was the '70s ...

... An era never to be repeated.

I know for a fact that there are other posters who know exactly what I'm talking about.

Those were the days, my friend ...

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

you can’t be serious, Kelly had an absolute mare in the first half against France, shipping 3. Zander looked a much safer pair of gloves in the second half.

Yeah It was definitely Kellys fault for losing 3 goals against one of the best teams on the planet 😆
As for Kelly In general I don’t really watch him that much but I do have to suffer Clark who continually costs us goals and is only an international due to country’s poor choices in the position at the moment. 
Lets see what the much admired manager decides to do on Thursday, £10 to Big Hearts if Clarke plays Clark from the start. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah It was definitely Kellys fault for losing 3 goals against one of the best teams on the planet 😆
As for Kelly In general I don’t really watch him that much but I do have to suffer Clark who continually costs us goals and is only an international due to country’s poor choices in the position at the moment. 
Lets see what the much admired manager decides to do on Thursday, £10 to Big Hearts if Clarke plays Clark from the start. 

Kelly was culpable against France.

Hasn’t Clarke already hinted/said that Kelly will get a game and Clark the other?

5 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Kelly was culpable against France.

Hasn’t Clarke already hinted/said that Kelly will get a game and Clark the other?

I would argue that we have better options than the last few years with Gordon , Gunn and Clarke all better than Marshall

jambo-in-furness

anybody else get the dreaded feeling that Shanks is going to get an injury playing for the national team?

I hope he doesn’t play.

Anyone else hoping beyond all hope that we will suddenly just release a statement next season that we are triggering a one year extension on his contract

See if that happened ? I would not even look to sell him . I would be delighted that I was getting two more years of the man banging in goals :) 

2 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

anybody else get the dreaded feeling that Shanks is going to get an injury playing for the national team?

I hope he doesn’t play.

Always a wee fear at the back of your mind , but he has been very resilient so far and I do not see any reason why that is likely to happen

I hope he plays and bags a hat trick 

8 hours ago, Carter said:

I have a horrible feeling we might have to contend with interest from both of the uglies in January for Shankland. 

No chance Celtic are looking at him and slim to none that Rangers are. 

9 hours ago, Carter said:

I have a horrible feeling we might have to contend with interest from both of the uglies in January for Shankland. 

With 18 months left on his contract ? Would not worry me in the slightest , they would have to offer us a fortune and that is extremely unlikely 

How good would it be if Shanks had a year extension at our discretion like Cammy had ? I would be keeping him for the next two and a half years and letting him leave for nowt if he did 

On 13/11/2023 at 13:23, Rocky jamboa said:

I'd prefer to have Shankland as an out and out goalscoring striker than Adams or Dykes. 

Not as a loan striker I wouldn't. Would love to see him starting with Dykes though. 

Craig Herbertson
On 14/11/2023 at 13:47, Wee Mikey said:

You should've attended Porty High.

By 16 years auld, I mean young, you'd have been a veteran at The Sheep Heid Inn.

A conglomoration of teachers & pupils scooping up ...

... but that was the '70s ...

... An era never to be repeated.

I know for a fact that there are other posters who know exactly what I'm talking about.

Those were the days, my friend ...

Oh what fun we had.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

We should release the fat lazy ******* ………… morons

This place is genuinely the Devils Anus from Thor Ragnarok

Was the Sugar Plum Fairy that recruited him as well.

Obviously nobody at Hearts  😉

1 minute ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

I really hope we have been having discussions regarding a new deal for Shanks.

Sure we have but lucky to have him until the summer

bigsuperslim1874
3 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Sure we have but lucky to have him until the summer

Why? Surely anyone that wants him in January would have to pay stupid money. I’m hoping that we will push the boat out to keep him…only the uglies could afford him wages-wise and even then it would be most likely Sevco who would WANT him. I know he has been linked umpteen times.

I wasn’t sure is any of the ITKers had heard anything.

Edited by bigsuperslim1874

39 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Soutar 

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Naismith I think ?

2 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Souttar v Denmark 

So it was. 

Was Naismith involved in the Scotland set up when playing for us Sooks? I have no idea.

4 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

Why? Surely anyone that wants him in January would have to pay stupid money. I’m hoping that we will push the boat out to keep him…only the uglies could afford him wages-wise and even then it would be most likely Sevco who would WANT him. I know he has been linked umpteen times.

I wasn’t sure is any of the ITKers had heard anything.

Because we go until the summer then we are into the territory of him running his contract down, we seen with Ginnelly that we could not match the wages of average Championship teams.

He has been brilliant for us and at times underated but his push will be to make the Scotland squad and he is scraping in before tonights display.

Edited by steve123

5 minutes ago, indianajones said:

So it was. 

Was Naismith involved in the Scotland set up when playing for us Sooks? I have no idea.

Aye, think his last goal was Kazakhstan or something , was our player at the time 

bigsuperslim1874
8 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Because we go until the summer then we are into the territory of him running his contract down, we seen with Ginnelly that we could not match the wages of average Championship teams.

He has been brilliant for us and at times underated but his push will be to make the Scotland squad and he is scraping in before tonights display.

Which is fair enough…but it’s also a gamble for him moving to a club in the run up to a major tournament (new environment…what if he doesn’t hit the ground running etc). Agree regardless the summer/contract rundown - which is why I’d hoped we would have been negotiating already on a longer deal long before now. I know wages etc are a big thing but it’s not the be-all. TBH - we should be pulling out all the stops. If he has indicated he wants to keep his options open then….yeah we have to deal. Hopefully he stays though. 🤞

Edited by bigsuperslim1874

20 hours ago, Carter said:

Pay his worth and its ok with me. 

13 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Yip

8 minutes ago, Hansel said:

He'd score a shit ton of goals at the uglies with all the chances they create. 

He would

7 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

100% sell if we receive an acceptable offer. 

Mental case 

1 minute ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

16-373f47318aac48f99df3fa48373c33d7.thumb.jpg.7c3c7e7c3b8ffca8a3eb44410a6ae6fa.jpg

What a guy!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇱🇻🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Sucking his massive tummy in there 

55 minutes ago, Craig Herbertson said:

Oh what fun we had.

In the early 80's the Ormelie was the place with C Tulloch, J Dunnigan, P Thomson, D Kaye, C Pratt with occasional appearances from E Bannon and W Kidd.

... having a Scotland goalscorer in your side, whilst they have a player they call ‘Boyler’’ and we call ‘the diving wig’.

You're just too good to be true, Hibs.  :rofl: 

Polonia Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Sucking his massive tummy in there 

Heard from a reliable source that he's out of the Norway game because of shin splints

18 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

They paid paid over £4m quid for both Sammers and Dessers, so don’t even bother considering an offer of less than £6m for Shankland.

we don’t need to sell and he still has 18 months on his contract..

If he takes the huff then he won’t go to the euros, his loss.

it’s a completely pointless discussion because the old firm never/refuse to pay the true market value of home based Scot’s players, they use the media to stir up shit

I know some folk saying money isn't the b all and end all, but unfortunately it talks. Was so happy for him when he scored but then that sinking feeling crept in as the prize turkey is getting earmarked for Xmas 

Unless we break our wage structure we are going to lose him imo, and very possibly in January.  Charlie mulgrew saying he is Scotland's best striker. He's Scotland's biggest goal threat up top, put it that way 

Best possible option is that we get offered 5 mill in Jan and take it. Last thing we need is a ginnelly, souttar repeat. 

We won't get him to resign on 5-6 grand a week. The uglies will probably offer him more than treble that, if they get a chance. That's the biggest problem. 

Absolute Scenes
9 minutes ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

Heard from a reliable source that he's out of the Norway game because of shin splints

Nah it’s banana splits, Clarke caught him stuffing his face pre match 

Genuinely @Bad Religion what constitutes a “ happy clapper “ ? I only ask because all my mates slag me for being a bit negative towards Naismith . Every group chat I get it ……….. on here though , apparently I am some happy clappy seal :lol: 

Edited by Sooks

Absolute Scenes

After losing out on countless players who let their contracts run down to venture elsewhere, it’s time our board stop scrimping and pushing the boat out in wages. Lawrence Shankland has scored 38 goals in only 65 appearances for Hearts. This man deserves to be the highest paid player at the club, and we need to do all we can to keep our biggest assets. Do the right thing and start negotiating properly with our players instead of playing hardball. Get him signed on, make it happen 

• davemclaren changed the title to Our Captain ( merged )