Pink rugby strips!

The Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth

It's just not right!!!

I just watched highlights of Oldham v Doncaster (rugby league) and Oldham were wearing an ALL pink strip, wtf???

I admit that I'll wear a pink golf polo shirt when swinging the clubs, and own 2 other pink tops which I think are ok, but RUGGER players!!!!!!!!! :eek:

It's just not right!!!

I just watched highlights of Oldham v Doncaster (rugby league) and Oldham were wearing an ALL pink strip, wtf???

I admit that I'll wear a pink golf polo shirt when swinging the clubs, and own 2 other pink tops which I think are ok, but RUGGER players!!!!!!!!! :eek:

It's for cancer charity fundraising.

Nice one Oldham. :toasting:

http://www.oldhamadvertiser.co.uk/sport/rugby_league/oldham/s/1057359_tickled_pink

Ah, in that case it's definitely ok then, but in normal circumstances it just wouldn't be.

(did I redeem myself?)

:confused:

Apparently, the match entertainment was due to include an attempt to break the world record for the longest and biggest game of "Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes". :biggrin:

Doctor FinnBarr
It's just not right!!! I just watched highlights of Oldham v Doncaster (rugby league) and Oldham were wearing an ALL pink strip, wtf???I admit that I'll wear a pink golf polo shirt when swinging the clubs, and own 2 other pink tops which I think are ok, but RUGGER players!!!!!!!!! :eek:
Hmm, pink shirts? Golf?:rolleyes:

Guy at work wears pink shirts a lot. Always thought he was nice looking, well groomed etc. Then i found out why :eek:

Hearts supporter as well .:o

It's just not right!!!

Try Googling Stad Francais pics and see what comes up. Not just a rugby team in pink (as if that wasn't bad enough) but the strip design is minging.

christhejambo
Try Googling Stad Francais pics and see what comes up. Not just a rugby team in pink (as if that wasn't bad enough) but the strip design is minging.

The Stade Francais top is bowfin. I played for my uni team in France who all thought it was cool though, so we ended up forking out to have similar ones made. The fact that they were that clingy stretchy stuff too, made them none too flattering on the front rows. :sad:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

My mate plays footy wearing his pint Palermo away top :eek:

Its just not right :wacko:

I own 2 pink t-shirts, although 1 of them is an England chair chuckers shirt (Hackett):ninja:

It was for charity so I say good job lads. If it wasn't for charity I would say what are you thinking!

Glamorgan Jambo

Isn't the whole Stade Francais strip a bit of a pi** take anyway. the story I heard was that when the club started (may have been the predeccessors of SF) the traditional French rugby playing part of the country (the south west) kept on referring to 'those ****** from Paris' so they decided to change the look of the outfit to remove any doubts and to sort of intimidate their country cousins by proudly wearing a 'gay' looking strip....

Isn't the whole Stade Francais strip a bit of a pi** take anyway. the story I heard was that when the club started (may have been the predeccessors of SF) the traditional French rugby playing part of the country (the south west) kept on referring to 'those ****** from Paris' so they decided to change the look of the outfit to remove any doubts and to sort of intimidate their country cousins by proudly wearing a 'gay' looking strip....

From Wikipedia :

President Guazzini wanted to create identifiable jerseys. He first decided to include three flashes of lighting, which are now the club?s emblem, and to have a new shirt every year. In 2005, Guazzini went further and chose to shock the ??macho?? world of rugby by introducing a pink away jersey, pink being one of the rarest colours used by sports teams. Stade Fran?ais played their first match in the new colours at Perpignan in September 2005 and lost (12-16). They then used it regularly. On April 15, 2006, SF played at Toulouse and asked permission to don their pink jersey. The referee refused because, he said, pink would clash with Toulouse?s red.

The club sold 20,000 pink replica jerseys in 2005-06. Guazzini also had more than 10,000 pink flags manufactured, which were scattered on the seats at the Stade de France for the two games against Toulouse and Biarritz. Two new jerseys were introduced at the beginning of the 2006-07 season. A pink one, designed by fashion designer Kenzo, was used for Stade?s home debut against Montpellier on August 19, 2006. A new navy blue one was used for the second home game against Bayonne on September 9, 2006, and has raised questions as it sports big pink lilies, green flashes and green numbers in the back (green is not a club colour). It had been officially presented to the players a few minutes before the game and received by them with cheers and claps. Only wing Christophe Dominici had been allowed to see it beforehand. The radio-controlled car used to bring the tee to the kicker was painted in pink for the 2006-2007 season.

The image of rugby being a 'man's game' has just taken a battering.:sad:

I cannot imagine French blokes dressed in pink waving pink flags. It's a horrible thought.

Doctor FinnBarr
I would just like to clarify that I do NOT bat for the other side :D

Thats not what your boyfriend told me.

:)

portobellojambo1
I would just like to clarify that I do NOT bat for the other side :D

Aye right.

portobellojambo1

Well they certainly feckin succeeded on that side, strip is a shocker.

Archived