Laszlo vows to build bridges with Hearts fans and media

Hearts of Vladland

Hearts of Vladland

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Laszlo-vows-to-build-bridges.4301728.jp

CSABA Laszlo's primary objective remains to turn Hearts into a competitive force in the Scottish Premier League, but, refreshingly for the Tynecastle support, the recently-installed manager has also made it his duty to start building bridges with a disenchanted public.

Aside from the long-running managerial issues which riled fans before the Hungarian's appointment last week, arguably the main gripe against majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov's controversial running of the club was the lack of communication with the paying customers, as the likes of former coach Stevie Frail and even the club's translator were wheeled out to face the media and explain decisions they had little or nothing to do with.

In short, minimal co-operation had become the norm. However, Laszlo, has already recognised that his new club have become too distant from fans and media, and the former Ferencvaros and Uganda manager has resolved to ensure that such an evasive approach is not allowed to continue under his rule.

"The most important thing is to work together, which is maybe a new idea at this club," he said.

"In the last year or so the fans have been suffering, but now we must change direction. We want to bring everybody back to Hearts, we want to bring the fans back, we want to bring the media back.

"We want to show everybody we are a serious club, we are a good club. We are open and we want to show the fans that we are here for them.

"We have a responsibility to the fans to give something back. Sometimes I talk too much... but this is my job."

Indeed, first impressions of Laszlo suggest that such an amiable and charismatic man would be tormented if he were ever forced to keep his thoughts to himself.

Following an engaging press conference last Friday which did plenty to win over those in attendance, the 44-year-old then willingly gave up over half-an-hour of his time to carry out various media commitments in the wake of a disappointing, but enlightening, 1-0 defeat against Dunfermline at East End Park in his second pre-season friendly in charge on Wednesday night.

For most clubs on these shores, such an approach is considered obligatory, but given Hearts' recent history, Laszlo's obvious penchant for communication represents another tentative step on his new club's long road to redemption in the eyes of its followers.

JamboJimmyB

Words are cheap.

We have heard it all before.

As much as I am sure Csaba believes in what he saying, Romanov cares nothing for the fans and will contiunue to undermine the manager's position.

Remnants of Standards

All the t-shirts in the world will count for nought unless backed up by hard action, whether by the new incumbent or even unbelivably Vlad himself. Sorry to be so cynical but Uncle Vlad made me so.

No communication = moans

Good communication = moans

While its very early days on the squad front, at least the communication is a step in the right direction.

Guest jambomickey

the clubs communication in the last couple of weeks has been a huge plus! long may it continue

shaun.lawson
the clubs communication in the last couple of weeks has been a huge plus! long may it continue

:Agree:

The t-shirts are naff, it has to be said. But the regular communication - Hearts very own version of glasnost, if you like - is a huge breath of fresh air.

On the Talk 107 debate a week ago, when I said how important I felt regular communication was, Charlie Mann asked me (sorry, I'm aware this is making me sound even more of a ****** than usual: won't make a habit of it, I promise!) if I wanted communication for its own sake, or only if there was something significant to say. The former, I answered - because as the club won't deal with the media, the reality is the press, who have space to fill, deadlines to meet and so on, will keep writing about us whether we like it or not. In which case, there'll be a vacuum of misinformation unless we maintain very regular updates through the website.

Sometimes it'll amount to virtual non-stories, and people on here will probably criticise: but I'm convinced it's necessary. So credit where it's due - and it's really good that the staff at the club now appear to have the green light to do their jobs, and haven't had to clean up another mess caused by our dear leader in Kaunas.

Guest jambomickey
:Agree:

The t-shirts are naff, it has to be said. But the regular communication - Hearts very own version of glasnost, if you like - is a huge breath of fresh air.

On the Talk 107 debate a week ago, when I said how important I felt regular communication was, Charlie Mann asked me (sorry, I'm aware this is making me sound even more of a ****** than usual: won't make a habit of it, I promise!) if I wanted communication for its own sake, or only if there was something significant to say. The former, I answered - because as the club won't deal with the media, the reality is the press, who have space to fill, deadlines to meet and so on, will keep writing about us whether we like it or not. In which case, there'll be a vacuum of misinformation unless we maintain very regular updates through the website.

Sometimes it'll amount to virtual non-stories, and people on here will probably criticise: but I'm convinced it's necessary. So credit where it's due - and it's really good that the staff at the club now appear to have the green light to do their jobs, and haven't had to clean up another mess caused by our dear leader in Kaunas.

ditto mate

Archived