*** Official Motherwell Vs Heart of Midlothian Match Thread ***

Ricardo Quaresma

1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

Wow nearly took the feathers out of Hearts cushion there.

Motherwell commentator. 

As an aside, I thought the their commentator was excellent.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Deviskan

• Hearts007

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

Fozzyonthefence
15 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

They are still going on about it. The presenter clearly has an agenda. Pat Nevin now happily jumping on the bandwagon. Switched it off.

Defender high boot on Boyce’s chest, no foul, free bounce ball to Motherwell.  Shankland foot high early in second half, hardly any contact, free kick to Motherwell.  Can anyone explain this please?

2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

We played them off the park in the first half, but it was a bit worrying that when they upped their game in the second we didn't match them. There was always the chance that they would get a wee break, and sure enough, they did. I thought Beni was fantastic in the first half but he and others in the midfield seemed to lose the plot a bit in the second, and I was expecting Cammy to replace Beni in the last 20. All's well that ends well though, and we saw the game out in the last 5 minutes really well.

Spot on.  If only there was no half time!

3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

We played them off the park in the first half, but it was a bit worrying that when they upped their game in the second we didn't match them. There was always the chance that they would get a wee break, and sure enough, they did. I thought Beni was fantastic in the first half but he and others in the midfield seemed to lose the plot a bit in the second, and I was expecting Cammy to replace Beni in the last 20. All's well that ends well though, and we saw the game out in the last 5 minutes really well.

There's probably been a plan to build Beni up gradually. That was his first 90 minutes today. 

Ricardo Quaresma
2 hours ago, Masonic said:

i thought that was frankies!

So did I, but I think there was some 'dummy selling' to get Shankland at the back post instead 👍🙂🙂

Captain Sausage

Brilliant and much needed 3 points on the road against a team at rock bottom. 

Should’ve won more easily had the ref not been a complete tosser. 

But our biggest help in this league is how close it is, meaning lots of teams taking points off each other around us.

Important we kick on after the break and make third place ours. 

Ricardo Quaresma
3 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

Got a feeling itll happen.

That was the 4th away game in a row that we've scored first 👍👍

Wee correction from earlier 👍

6 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

You've lost me, that's a whoosh 😆

@Squirt said, on the match thread, that our players were 'lost' !!

I thought we were doing pretty well, so hoped (sarcastically) that we continued to be lost.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Narrow wins against Livi and Motherwell are at least a building block going forward. The performances have been overall pretty good and that should help the confidence and hopefully see the net bulging more in our favour again. Shanks seems to have put his fitness issues behind him now but others still have to get their goal tallies up as we can't just look to him every week. Delighted with the win today!

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, Morgan said:

@Squirt said, on the match thread, that our players were 'lost' !!

I thought we were doing pretty well, so hoped (sarcastically) that we continued to be lost.

Ah, nae bother, can't keep up with the Match Thread 👍🙂😆

18 minutes ago, Elmo said:

All the *****’s  that has us wanting kettlewell and Robinson in as manager a few weeks ago are nowhere  to be seen on this thread 

Hmmm. Haven’t seen too many calls for Kettlewell but Robinson is still above us with a much poorer squad perhaps getting found out a bit now.

I’d be far more concerned about the ‘fans’ earlier on this thread who wanted us to get beat today and posted as much. How fecked up do you need to be to get sectioned ?

Ricardo Quaresma
7 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Something to do with needing a map to find the goal, I think.

👍 Got it mate 👍

Safe journey home 💪💪👍

Just now, Go for it 1308 said:

He was good...totally unbiased 

Agreed, it's odd that we had Hearts commentary first half and Motherwells's second half.

Ricardo Quaresma
7 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

With the form Well are in and pressure they are under, today will be about bottle, desire and composure. Over to us. True quality and mentality of our squad will be on show today IMO. 

Hope they settle early and come through with flying colours.

That was indeed the script 💪💪👍

Go for it 1308
Just now, upgotheheads said:

Agreed, it's odd that we had Hearts commentary first half and Motherwells's second half.

I was half pissed by then mate...I didn't even notice 😖

Ricardo Quaresma
9 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

If we don’t beat them today , it should be the end of the YTS scheme 

How you feeling now, mate?

28 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Defender high boot on Boyce’s chest, no foul, free bounce ball to Motherwell.  Shankland foot high early in second half, hardly any contact, free kick to Motherwell.  Can anyone explain this please?

Only a very dodgy official from the West can explain that.

3 away wins in the league already, and a win at Kilmarnock in the LC.

A definite improvement on recent times.

Sort out the home form (should have destroyed hibs and things would look much better) starting Saturday and we won’t be far away.

Games v the OF are beyond us. The gaps as big as it’s ever been.

We’re gonna be in about the Euro spots come the seasons end

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Hmmm. Haven’t seen too many calls for Kettlewell but Robinson is still above us with a much poorer squad perhaps getting found out a bit now.

I’d be far more concerned about the ‘fans’ earlier on this thread who wanted us to get beat today and posted as much. How fecked up do you need to be to get sectioned ?

The Naismith frothers will be struggling tonight.  Thoughts with them at this difficult time, especially now their hero is managing in some league we didn’t know existed.  Another good 3 points away from home, onwards and upwards. 

36 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

😀

controlled the game well

benni had a good game and coming back to something like we know

2 nil and cruising r=the, we’ll get an undeserved lucky pen

Edgy 10 mins then in control again

a good solid performance 

Nice, thank you sir. 

delighted for Beni - and HMFC

13 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Narrow wins against Livi and Motherwell are at least a building block going forward. The performances have been overall pretty good and that should help the confidence and hopefully see the net bulging more in our favour again. Shanks seems to have put his fitness issues behind him now but others still have to get their goal tallies up as we can't just look to him every week. Delighted with the win today!

They were narrow in the scores but we played livi off the park for 90 minutes and well for 45. Both should have been more comfortable though.

Ex member of the SaS

Great win but once again we p!ssed about in defense. Disappointed in Boyce, it was a stone wall penalty if he hadn't play acted it to death. Now the refs and pundits will be having a seriously look at every penalty and foul we get. It's hard enough for Byce and Shanks to get anything from the officials it will be even worse now! 

So ok it's a win that we absolutely needed, and hopefully we can kick on from here. Still not convinced with SN but while he's in the job all we can do is hope for the best.

43 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

The fans were brilliant today 👏 

It is notable that with lots of concerns about the management, the board, the decision makers and the players that the supporters are so positive at games, certainly at away games.

A very good, enjoyable trip today. 

Edited by Mikey1874

On 10/11/2023 at 10:03, Rick Sanchez said:

Kind of feels to me that we're happy to throw away points in this game.

It feels to me that with an international break coming up that a defeat will end the Naismith reign. So if some of our soft, tool downing players can sense it, then that's what we'll get.

Naismith would be wise to completely change it.

Calling myself out.

Prick.

Looks like Steven has dodged the bullet for another week personally I think he should be given more time as for the game we controlled the first half and deffo a penalty  in the second half when he brought on Sibbick I was sh@tting myself but he had a good game and we should have had another penalty so well done Hearts.

Deserved win. 

Great to see Shankland hitting the back of the net again and playing with a smile on his face. The finish for the first goal was top drawer stuff. Proper quality.

I thought Motherwell were dreadful but an away win is always welcome. We have a couple of weeks now to work on some things on the training field and maybe get a couple more players back from injury.

Not a bad day at the office.

Forgot to mention I enjoyed the last four minutes of the game played around the Motherwell corner flag well done Shanks & Grant lol.

Edited by grumpyespana

37 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Noice 😄

Only thanks to bagging a lift from an unlikely away match attendee all the way to Hermiston Gait whereupon a tram came immediately. Must've saved at least 2 hours versus the double bus journey.

What, with that and a victory?

very happy away day indeed.

Roll on Kilmarnock to witness another away win and stock up on their yummy Empire biscuits

Screenshot_20231111_190550_Gallery.jpg

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Calling myself out.

Prick.

Still lots of questions. Still don't know our best team notably. Is 3 at the back now set. Positives for me are the Nieuwenhof/ Baningime combination could be set. Lowry is working hard, even took a short corner that worked. Rowles continues to improve including coming forward into space. 

Still questions about whether Boyce will get back to his best though I think he is being given the chance. We do still seem to lose control when a team attacks quickly. Could Sibbick be the answer at right wing and not just keeping the ball in the corner for 3 minutes at end. Why can Vargas look anonymous. Is Cochrane a liability. 

I still think Oda and Tagawa could be the missing links. 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Calling myself out.

Prick.

Your best ever post.

Keep up the good work.

:naughty:

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Obviously a bounce ball to Motherwell, what else?  The game is completely ****ed!

The Motherwell player made a gesture of get up, cheat, afterwards, too.

2 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

IMG-20231111-WA0001.jpg

That 👆 is a slam dunk photo.

Often, stills can be misleading, but that 'un even shows the drag on Boycie's shirt.

We've all witnessed red cards rightly dished out for dangerous tackles with no contact whatsoever.

The fact that a free kick for a high boot only minutes later was awarded against us merely rubs salt into the wound.

How on earth the ref got called to review it and awarded a drop ball is, quite frankly, astonishing. What's more, it took bleedin' ages to make the wrong call.

All the subsequent guff about Boyce 'making a meal of it' is totally irrelevant.

Grrrr ....

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

How you feeling now, mate?

His type are often quick on jkb after a defeat but tend to disappear after a win.

It's a conundrum.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

That 👆 is a slam dunk photo.

Often, stills can be misleading, but that 'un even shows the drag on Boycie's shirt.

We've all witnessed red cards rightly dished out for dangerous tackles with no contact whatsoever.

The fact that a free kick for a high boot only minutes later was awarded against us merely rubs salt into the wound.

How on earth the ref got called to review it and awarded a drop ball is, quite frankly, astonishing. What's more, it took bleedin' ages to make the wrong call.

All the subsequent guff about Boyce 'making a meal of it' is totally irrelevant.

Grrrr ....

Yeah still pics are often inconclusive but I’ve seen it live too and astonishing it wasn’t a penalty.  I also think if the ref’s on field decision was a penalty there is no way VAR could have overturned it. Refs too afraid of taking responsibility to make a decision now and relying on VAR to bail them out.